Revlon Skinlights Face Illuminator Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

Revlon Skinlights Face Illuminator Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

3.9

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (Octyl Methoxycinnamate) (7.5%), Titanium Dioxide (2.4%). Other Ingredients: Water, Cyclomethicone, Isocetyl Linoleoyl Stearate, Glycerin, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4-Isostearate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitrite, Polyglyceryl-3-Diisostearate, Magnesium Sulfate, Methoxypropylgluconamide, Trihydroxystearin, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Lauric Acid, Polyethylene. Phenyl Trimethicone, Dimethicone, Fragrance, Gingko Biloba Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Saccharomyces Zinc Ferment Extract, Saccharomyces Copper Ferment Extract, Saccharomyces Manganese Ferment Extract, Saccharomyces Silicon Ferment Extract, Saccharomyces Potassium Ferment Extract, Saccharomyces Iron Ferment Extract, Methicone, Topaz, Quartz, Mother of Pearl, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea. May Contain Mica, Ultramarines, Carmine, Red 30 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I love this product! It's one of my favorite highlighters for several reasons: texture is smooth, gives my skin a glow, and has a great price. I just don't like the tube, b/c it sometimes squirts more product than needed.

on 2/11/2006 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

I just bought this in Natural Light. I used it a total of three times, and it made me break out in those painful, blind pimples. You can't see them because they haven't "popped out" yet, but I can feel them forming. I am so disappointed in this product. It made me look oily and did nothing to make my skin look glowy or dewy. It looked like pearlized foundation, which was not what I was going for. I would never buy this again. Up for swap it goes (even thought I hate to part with it because of how much it costs).

on 1/22/2006 5:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Glow baby glow!! I have this in Natural Light and I love it! I used it years ago and liked it then too but then never went to get another one.. This highlighter is great for all over or just accenting certain parts of your face. I haven't tried the other colors so I cannot comment on how they look. This light lotion is great when mixed with my moisturizer! The SPF 15 factor is another benefit of this illuminator! There are also vitamins and it's oil free! Kind of pricey at $13 a tube but this will last forever.. The packaging is a tube attached to a pump which is really great for travelling or makeup bags! Feels lightweight on my face and I know I am glowing whenever I wear this. Smells like green tea and would be great for everyday use. I will repurchase when I run out!!

on 1/21/2006 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I have been using the 03 Warm Light of this product for several years, and I love the warm shimmery depth it gives to my skin. I use it instead of a foundation and dust some powder over it, and it's definitely enough coverage for me. Since I have combination skin, I have a problem with it oiling up around the t-zone areas after a while though, even though it's oil free; this is especially noticeable in photos, as I'll have a big shiny patch on my forehead and cheeks. I just got a matifying product that I'm going to try with it though, so I'll give an update after I try them together. This has definitely been my favorite "foundation" for years, but I took off one lippy for the oiliness factor.

I've been wanting to try this product soooo bad, and I finally got my hands on it. I've originally wanted to buy natural light but it's always sold out so I bought bare light instead. Bare light is a slighty beigey color with golden sparkles, but when applied, it just looks like shimmer, or is that just me? I tried this sample of natural light at the store, and they kinda look the same. Hmmm...anyways, I mix this with CG tinted moisturizer and it's a perfercy dewy lumnious finish. Beware if you have oily skin though, this starts to wear off in about 2 hours around the tzone. I find that the coverage is very sheer with the tinted moisturizer, but I'm sure it would work with foundation too. You can also wear it over foundation on cheekbones, temples, bridge of nose, etc. Or over powder, under powder all over the face and dust powder on top, very versatile. It has a creamy, slighy more liquidly feeling to it, and smells lighty like sweet oranges, or candy or something. Well, love it anyways. 4 lippies for wearing off quickly and kinda shiney after a while.

on 12/28/2005 2:30:00 PM

I use this in Natural Light. I mix this with my long wearing foundation and apply with a foundation brush. It makes the foundation go on more smoothly and doesn't affect the staying power of the foundation. It just adds a nice glow. The sunscreen is a plus, and the scent is fantastic. Smells like green tea. Definitely recommend this for a subtle glow.

on 12/5/2005 4:40:00 PM

This with my CG tinted moisturizer makes my skin look perfectly dewy and luminous. I would definetly buy this again!

on 12/4/2005 9:44:00 PM

I bought this in Natural light and Golden light. Natural light makes my skin look so ethereal... glowy and fresh. I think I could use this instead of foundation, because it makes my skin looks better without "masking".
Golden light looks gorgeous on my pale yellow-toned skin. It not only complements my skin tone but makes me look sun-kissed even though its winter! Very natural looking and versatile-- I think it would look great used on the body as well.... I think this is the best bronzer i have ever tried and i have used many. Great buy!

I have this in Natural light. I like to use it either under or over my foundation, as for some reason it doesnt seem to mix well with my foundation. It looks great under brows and I also put in on my cheekbones. I havent really used any other liquid highlighters so I cant comment on how it compares with other products or brands. I dont like the look of this just by itself(kinda greasy imo) , but with the matte even skintone that you get with foundation , I think it gives a nice glowy look. It is kind of pricey but at the same time you do get a lot of product in the tube.

on 12/2/2005 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

They definitely reformulated this from the first time I tried it (around 4 years ago). The old formula was a lot thicker and had bigger shimmer chunks in it. That was a no no on my face so I swapped it.

Ive been looking in desperation for a highlighter lately, and I came up upon these reviews. I thought I would give it another shot hoping that I could try this again by mixing it with lotion or something instead, since this product worked so well for everyone else..

THen I bought it and I found the product is A LOT thinner than before. No need to even mix with anything to create a subtle glow on my face.
I hate the pump just because it pumps out such a large amount each time. I only use the highlighter for cheekbones and my eyebrow arch. A lot gets wasted each time unfortunately.
The staying power is mediocre. WIth or without powdering myself. If there was this in stick form so I could touch up that would be awesome.
Applying this to other parts of the face tend to make you look very greasy. You have to choose certain areas.
but the worst part is.. it made me BREAK OUT. I have never ever broken out from any cosmetic before in my life, but this somehow did it. I had little bumps on my cheeks and near my brows the second day I used this stuff. Too bad.
The scent is very sweet. ALMOST overbearing, but I can stand it.

All in all, there are too many flaws for me to buy this again (Not to mention this product was very expensive for a drugstore prodcut (20.00CND).

I will continue to look for a highlighter (most likely in POWDER form this time..)