December 20, 2014 | 954 users online

Highlighters - Revlon - Skinlights Face Illuminator Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2006 1:01:00 AM More reviews by kturchik

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Allright, so I NEVER buy drugstore foundation, my whole life I've used Clinique (superbalanced) and recently MAC (select tint, and studio stick), as well as MAC concealers, but I really wanted something that makes me glow, and bought this on sale for 12$ Canadian.

First of, I guess I didn't use it properly, and I shoved it in my drawer for a few months, because I didnt notice a difference at all, maybe because I used so little. Then, for the last 3-4 months I've been mixing it with my foundation and I loved the glowy look it gave me. I was mixing it with my MAC Select foundation, because I do need medium coverage, I don't have the best skin.

BUT today I used just this product (in bare light) all over my face, and my MAC concealer on a couple pimples and under the eyes and it looked just as great if not better! It actually DOES give some coverage and makes my skin look and feel amazing!!

I also use the loose powder, also in bare light on my cheeks and browbones, and my tarte cheekstain in dollface. all these products together make my skin look AMAZING and i've never had good glowy skin!! I never felt it was too shimmery, just don't use a huge amount (espec. the powder)

Btw, I'm usually an NC15-20 in MAC, but this color, although looks dark, suits me well and almost gives me a tan!

GREAT PRODUCT!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2006 3:14:00 PM More reviews by VaticanCameos

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this product! It's one of my favorite highlighters for several reasons: texture is smooth, gives my skin a glow, and has a great price. I just don't like the tube, b/c it sometimes squirts more product than needed.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2006 6:58:00 PM More reviews by clover4433

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I just bought this in Natural Light. I used it a total of three times, and it made me break out in those painful, blind pimples. You can't see them because they haven't "popped out" yet, but I can feel them forming. I am so disappointed in this product. It made me look oily and did nothing to make my skin look glowy or dewy. It looked like pearlized foundation, which was not what I was going for. I would never buy this again. Up for swap it goes (even thought I hate to part with it because of how much it costs).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2006 5:04:00 AM More reviews by aligator

Glow baby glow!! I have this in Natural Light and I love it! I used it years ago and liked it then too but then never went to get another one.. This highlighter is great for all over or just accenting certain parts of your face. I haven't tried the other colors so I cannot comment on how they look. This light lotion is great when mixed with my moisturizer! The SPF 15 factor is another benefit of this illuminator! There are also vitamins and it's oil free! Kind of pricey at $13 a tube but this will last forever.. The packaging is a tube attached to a pump which is really great for travelling or makeup bags! Feels lightweight on my face and I know I am glowing whenever I wear this. Smells like green tea and would be great for everyday use. I will repurchase when I run out!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2006 1:02:00 AM More reviews by bellatrix13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been using the 03 Warm Light of this product for several years, and I love the warm shimmery depth it gives to my skin. I use it instead of a foundation and dust some powder over it, and it's definitely enough coverage for me. Since I have combination skin, I have a problem with it oiling up around the t-zone areas after a while though, even though it's oil free; this is especially noticeable in photos, as I'll have a big shiny patch on my forehead and cheeks. I just got a matifying product that I'm going to try with it though, so I'll give an update after I try them together. This has definitely been my favorite "foundation" for years, but I took off one lippy for the oiliness factor.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2006 11:00:00 PM More reviews by MakeupJunkie22

I've been wanting to try this product soooo bad, and I finally got my hands on it. I've originally wanted to buy natural light but it's always sold out so I bought bare light instead. Bare light is a slighty beigey color with golden sparkles, but when applied, it just looks like shimmer, or is that just me? I tried this sample of natural light at the store, and they kinda look the same. Hmmm...anyways, I mix this with CG tinted moisturizer and it's a perfercy dewy lumnious finish. Beware if you have oily skin though, this starts to wear off in about 2 hours around the tzone. I find that the coverage is very sheer with the tinted moisturizer, but I'm sure it would work with foundation too. You can also wear it over foundation on cheekbones, temples, bridge of nose, etc. Or over powder, under powder all over the face and dust powder on top, very versatile. It has a creamy, slighy more liquidly feeling to it, and smells lighty like sweet oranges, or candy or something. Well, love it anyways. 4 lippies for wearing off quickly and kinda shiney after a while.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/28/2005 2:30:00 PM More reviews by tloirs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this in Natural Light. I mix this with my long wearing foundation and apply with a foundation brush. It makes the foundation go on more smoothly and doesn't affect the staying power of the foundation. It just adds a nice glow. The sunscreen is a plus, and the scent is fantastic. Smells like green tea. Definitely recommend this for a subtle glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2005 4:40:00 PM More reviews by Starsweeper

This with my CG tinted moisturizer makes my skin look perfectly dewy and luminous. I would definetly buy this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2005 9:44:00 PM More reviews by chakakhan

I bought this in Natural light and Golden light. Natural light makes my skin look so ethereal... glowy and fresh. I think I could use this instead of foundation, because it makes my skin looks better without "masking".
Golden light looks gorgeous on my pale yellow-toned skin. It not only complements my skin tone but makes me look sun-kissed even though its winter! Very natural looking and versatile-- I think it would look great used on the body as well.... I think this is the best bronzer i have ever tried and i have used many. Great buy!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2005 5:00:00 PM More reviews by enchanted_garden

I have this in Natural light. I like to use it either under or over my foundation, as for some reason it doesnt seem to mix well with my foundation. It looks great under brows and I also put in on my cheekbones. I havent really used any other liquid highlighters so I cant comment on how it compares with other products or brands. I dont like the look of this just by itself(kinda greasy imo) , but with the matte even skintone that you get with foundation , I think it gives a nice glowy look. It is kind of pricey but at the same time you do get a lot of product in the tube.