April 19, 2014 | 1525 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - # 239 Eye Shader Brush

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2011 3:36:00 PM More reviews by shimmergirl1123

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this brush! It feels like it will last forever, it feels really strong and sturdy. It is absolutely perfect for a variety of things, particularly packing on color. It is so soft and makes doing eye makeup very easy!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2011 10:29:00 PM More reviews by kellabella94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

Great brush, definitely not worth the price. Will make due with a cheaper one in the future.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2011 6:54:00 PM More reviews by olystacy

i love this brush. Yes, you can get others cheaper, but just do yourself a favor and dont spend money trying to find a duplicate. This is the brush to have, along with the 217 and 219. I use this every day and it is excellent for packing on color without fallout. It really picks up low pigmented eye shadow and does a nice job of packing it in. get it!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/26/2011 5:12:00 AM More reviews by HollywoodMuzic101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Sure, this brush is nice and stiff, can pack on color nicely, and even add highlight. And don't get me wrong, I quite like this brush. It's just here in lil' ol' New Zealand we have to pay around 50-60 dollars, which is completely UNWORTH it. Thankfully I only got it as a gift so didn't have to waste the money myself. The handle is nice and sturdy, of high quality. But the bristles ended up scratching my skin, which was not a nice feeling. Plus, I got a 15 pc set off of E-Bay for 12 bucks, and there was a brush in there that did the exact same job as the 239, except a bit better. I prefer that no-name brand of brush even better than the 239.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2011 4:45:00 AM More reviews by BeautifullyNatural25

BEST EYE BRUSH IN THE WHOLE ENTIRE WORLD! I cannot live without this brush. It does everything as others have said. It shades and packs on color nicely and evenly. It blends effortlessly. It can be used in the crease and to line the lower lash line. It can even be used for your highlighter brush. Other non eye purpose uses for this brush is concealing and highlighting cheekbones. I love this brush to death, I love it so much that I currently own 12 of these and want to get a 13th one even, maybe( I'm addicted @.@).. so I can rotate them even more w/o washing them daily after each use. If you use 1 eye brush or want to buy 1 good eye brush, let it be this one you won't regret it. This brush does everything and more and it last forever! My oldest 239 brush is currently 8 years old and works like brand new, it never sheds or loses its greatness, thought the silver lettering has rubbed off with long term use but thats not even close to being a problem. HG eye brush for life here!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2011 3:51:00 PM More reviews by aperfectdisplay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have a million different brushes but this is def my fav and I use it everyday for every look. If I was stranded on an island and could only have one brush, this would be it. It is my everything brush. Application whether cream, minerial, pressed, wet, dry, whatever always looks even and amazing. You can use this in the crease. It can blend. It is also great to line the bottom lashes. It can blend, highlight, whatever. Its great! If you only buy one brush in your life, this should be it. Very high quality. I use this brush everyday and wash it every night and it is still full and perfect and I've had mine about 4 years. It's not loose or anything. It's numbers have rubbed off because of the extensive use but Id hardly call that a complaint compared to everything this brush has done for me. Could not live without this brush. If you don't own it, get it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2011 5:14:00 AM More reviews by DiniBlini

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I would die without this brush. I use it really pack on powder eyeshadow. It's the perfect size for shading, contouring and if you turn it on its side you can even do some neat highlighting for the eye area. It's good quality, it doesn't shed and the handle is nice and firm. But like I said before it's amazing because it can really grip the product and deposit it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/30/2011 2:34:00 AM More reviews by tinytapa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my HG eyeshadow brush - I've had mine for nearly 11 years! Remarkably, it's still holding out beautifully.
Offhand, here are some of the notable pros:
- Precise application & perfect control
- Ideal for all-over colour and highlighting
- Can also be used for crease colour
- Picks up lots of product and packs on the colour (makes low pigmented shades actually workable)
- No shedding (mine has literally never shed a bristle, to my knowledge)
- Comes clean easily with regular washing - mine is still as white as the day I bought it

The price is worth it, believe me - it'll last forever! I really need to pick a second one up to add to the rotation, as I use mine every day and I'm constantly washing it. Cannot recommend enough!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2011 9:13:00 PM More reviews by kumintang

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I'm not one who usually splurge on high end eyeshadow brushes especially one which function to 'only' pack and placed eyeshadow color. My collection consists of Nyx, Elf and Masami Shouko. Honestly, for placing color I was quite satisfied with them already and couldnt differentiate between the placing of colors with my cheapo brushes and my mac 239 except 239 does seem to sucks product less, which is not an issue for me anyway since I have quite a large collection of eyeshadows am never gonna finish.

What make this 239 stands out from the others is because this is the only one that I know is going to work when using somewhat 'difficult' medium other than eyeshadow primer.
In my case it is Fyrinnae Pixie Epoxie (FPE), which is a glue like 'primer' and I dearly love it but my trusted Nyx and Elf brushes just give up on top of it, the colors just wont 'stick', resulting in uneven color here and there and the product used are way way too much m started to getting annoyed. Not so with 239, it goes on top of FPE with no problem, smooth even color hence the 5 lippies given because I feel this product must be special for being able to do something my other drugstore brushes can not.
Definitely worth the splurge IMO..

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2011 8:08:00 PM More reviews by SuperGirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Could this brush be any better? Applies the perfect amount of product. It seems expensive (I believe I paid $24.50 for it?) but it seems as though it's going to last forever. It's easy to see why this is the HG eye brush for many people. I think that between this and a blending/crease brush like the 222 or 224, you don't really need much else.