BeneFit Cosmetics Moon Beam

3.6

Water, Propylene Glycol, Sesame Oil, Isopropyl Palmitate, Isopropyl Lanolate, Stearic Acid, Safflower Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Polysorbate 60, Cetyl Alcohol, Jojoba Oil, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Corn Starch, Triethanolamine, Oleth-20, Sorbitan Stearate, Simethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Cellulose Gum, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance, BHA. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Silica.

on 8/2/2010 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Moon Bean actually works better for warmer skin tones with yellow or olive undertones. It's beautiful in the bottle and also beautiful on the highest points on your face, such as the outer "C" of your eyes, down the bridge of your nose, and on the cupid's bow. It blends doesn't blend as easily....you just have to get the hang of it. I'm not a huge fan of the smell, but it's not too terrible. Overall, a good product, but not a "Holy Grail Item" for me. Still on the search for a perfect highlighter!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have and love high beam so i wanted to buy this. I heard it didnt show up much on certain skintones && they were right. On my NW20/N5 skintone it hardly shows. I do love mixing this into my liquid foundation to give me a nice golden glow but i really dont use this much. I love more dramatic highlighters! ill use up my bottle but i wont buy this again since its $$ for a product that doesnt really provide much ♥

I already have and love high beam, so i wanted to get this. On my skin, its a pure pinkish sheen. Its really pretty. I use pink leopard as a highlight, but i use this first as a base. I also mix this into my liquid foundation during winter. It makes my foundation look more tan. Personally i like high beam better, but i use moon beam a lot since i use bronzer a lot more often now. Im not sure if i would buy this again since its really an option step in my routine, but i will deff. use up my bottle

on 6/23/2010 12:47:00 AM

PROS: Good highlight option for not making pores look so big like highlight powders and some creams do. Beautiful highlight. It's a gold and pink opaque combination (I know...sounds crazy.) Even though it's has gold tone in it, it looked great on my N15 skin that tends to lean to the NC side. Looked even better than High Beam did because it's more subtle (not as frosty.)

CONS: Container would not allow you to get at the remainder of the product. Can get goopy at top of jar where the lid screws on.

ALTERNATES: Laura Mercier's Secret Brightening Pen or some name like that is great for subtle shimmer.

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Moon Beam is a gold tinged apricot colour. It can be used as a highlight on the face or body, mixed with your foundation for a nice glow, used as a brow highlight, over lipstick, etc. I found that the packaging didn't work for me very well, as it is sold in a nail polish containedr with nail polish brush. It's better to get a little bit on your finger and use a makeup brush suited for whatever you're going to do with it! In the jar, it has a subtle shimmer, but on the skin, it all but disappears and leaves a very faint shine in its place. The product is too thin and almost "runny", so you feel like you need to use a lot to get any colour. As for colour payoff-there is literally none to speak of! Is it worth the price? I don't think so, as there are far better liquid highlights out there. I wouldn't buy this again, it's mediocre highlight for a high price.

on 6/3/2010 11:38:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This product doesn't show up when applied under foundation, whereas when applied on top it smudges it. Def not worth the price tag.

i like this product to eyelight my brow bone, makes my eyebrows look more defined and groomed, i dont know if i would re purchase though, its a bit expensive and other cheaper products can do the same job

on 6/2/2010 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

there are so many things wrong with this product. if you have oily skin, the shimmer in this just makes it look worse. if you "pat" it over the top of your foundation, which is the suggested use, it just moves your foundation around and all your hardwork is undone. you can mix it into your foundation for a "dewy" look, but i would only suggest this for very dark skin with pink undertones, as it is a pinkish gold, and not if you are oily. the applicator is like a nail polish bottle and the product gets gooey and gross all around it. the top breaks off really easily. i worked for benefit for a year and i had to try to sell this to people and i felt horrible every time someone bought it, because i knew it was one of the worse things they make!! there are much better highlighters out there, don't waste your money on this dud.

on 6/2/2010 12:09:00 AM

I have high beam, but moon beam is more natural looking on my skin. It has a slight pink sheen to it, but nothing dramatic at all. It makes me look more awake & pretty without looking obviously made up. High beam is more dramatic and obvious even if you apply a little bit, so i love Moon Beam on me. It is really expensive, but ive had my bottle for over a year & i have a lot left

on 5/20/2010 12:15:00 PM

I have never had a product solely for highlighting before, so i decided to purchase Moon Beam. I had swatched it about 10 times in Ulta but could never convince myself to spend $24 on a highlighter. But I finally made the plunge and i'm glad i did. I will mostly use this as a inner corner and brow bone highlight. But I have also used it on the cheekbone if i want to add a little bit of glow. I like this product and although it is subtle, it does exactly what i wanted it to without making me look like a 8 year old who caked on body glitter from Claires

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products