BeneFit Cosmetics Moon Beam

3.6

Water, Propylene Glycol, Sesame Oil, Isopropyl Palmitate, Isopropyl Lanolate, Stearic Acid, Safflower Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Polysorbate 60, Cetyl Alcohol, Jojoba Oil, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Corn Starch, Triethanolamine, Oleth-20, Sorbitan Stearate, Simethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Cellulose Gum, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance, BHA. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Silica.

on 8/9/2010 5:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I really wanted to like this, swatched on my hand it comes up as a beautifully subtle gold shimmer with peachy undertones. However when applied to my NW15/20 face it does not show up.. at all... in any light.

Applied quite heavily a get a light shine on my cheekbones but thats it. None of the promised gold and peachy shimmer.

I could achieve the light shine the heavy application gives with a coat of clear lip gloss or a little vaseline, so it really doesn't do much at all for me as a highlighter. Here in Australia this is $45 a bottle, and I am so glad I didn't pay that price for it. I don't feel like I could recommend this to anyone, as the majority of reviewers seem to have the same problems.

My other problem with it is the smell, it isn't terrible, but definitely not pleasant.

on 8/4/2010 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I RIS and really like it. I have some other highlighters...not sure if this is my HG..but its still nice. Since I didn't pay for it...not sure about the price. I like to accent my cheekbones...on top of my eyebrows ..and my cupid's bow. These areas stand out really nice with moonbeam. I'm curious about high beam...it's seems like it's gotten higher reviews...Not sure if I would repurchase this because this bottle will last me a lifetime!!

on 8/2/2010 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Moon Bean actually works better for warmer skin tones with yellow or olive undertones. It's beautiful in the bottle and also beautiful on the highest points on your face, such as the outer "C" of your eyes, down the bridge of your nose, and on the cupid's bow. It blends doesn't blend as easily....you just have to get the hang of it. I'm not a huge fan of the smell, but it's not too terrible. Overall, a good product, but not a "Holy Grail Item" for me. Still on the search for a perfect highlighter!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I have and love high beam so i wanted to buy this. I heard it didnt show up much on certain skintones && they were right. On my NW20/N5 skintone it hardly shows. I do love mixing this into my liquid foundation to give me a nice golden glow but i really dont use this much. I love more dramatic highlighters! ill use up my bottle but i wont buy this again since its $$ for a product that doesnt really provide much ♥

I already have and love high beam, so i wanted to get this. On my skin, its a pure pinkish sheen. Its really pretty. I use pink leopard as a highlight, but i use this first as a base. I also mix this into my liquid foundation during winter. It makes my foundation look more tan. Personally i like high beam better, but i use moon beam a lot since i use bronzer a lot more often now. Im not sure if i would buy this again since its really an option step in my routine, but i will deff. use up my bottle

on 6/23/2010 12:47:00 AM

PROS: Good highlight option for not making pores look so big like highlight powders and some creams do. Beautiful highlight. It's a gold and pink opaque combination (I know...sounds crazy.) Even though it's has gold tone in it, it looked great on my N15 skin that tends to lean to the NC side. Looked even better than High Beam did because it's more subtle (not as frosty.)

CONS: Container would not allow you to get at the remainder of the product. Can get goopy at top of jar where the lid screws on.

ALTERNATES: Laura Mercier's Secret Brightening Pen or some name like that is great for subtle shimmer.

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Moon Beam is a gold tinged apricot colour. It can be used as a highlight on the face or body, mixed with your foundation for a nice glow, used as a brow highlight, over lipstick, etc. I found that the packaging didn't work for me very well, as it is sold in a nail polish containedr with nail polish brush. It's better to get a little bit on your finger and use a makeup brush suited for whatever you're going to do with it! In the jar, it has a subtle shimmer, but on the skin, it all but disappears and leaves a very faint shine in its place. The product is too thin and almost "runny", so you feel like you need to use a lot to get any colour. As for colour payoff-there is literally none to speak of! Is it worth the price? I don't think so, as there are far better liquid highlights out there. I wouldn't buy this again, it's mediocre highlight for a high price.

on 6/3/2010 11:38:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

This product doesn't show up when applied under foundation, whereas when applied on top it smudges it. Def not worth the price tag.

i like this product to eyelight my brow bone, makes my eyebrows look more defined and groomed, i dont know if i would re purchase though, its a bit expensive and other cheaper products can do the same job

on 6/2/2010 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

there are so many things wrong with this product. if you have oily skin, the shimmer in this just makes it look worse. if you "pat" it over the top of your foundation, which is the suggested use, it just moves your foundation around and all your hardwork is undone. you can mix it into your foundation for a "dewy" look, but i would only suggest this for very dark skin with pink undertones, as it is a pinkish gold, and not if you are oily. the applicator is like a nail polish bottle and the product gets gooey and gross all around it. the top breaks off really easily. i worked for benefit for a year and i had to try to sell this to people and i felt horrible every time someone bought it, because i knew it was one of the worse things they make!! there are much better highlighters out there, don't waste your money on this dud.

Top Rated BeneFit Cosmetics Products