Avon Glimmersticks eye liner

3.9

on 11/20/2010 1:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I was disappointed in this product. The liner barely lasted an hour until it smeared, which left dark residue underneath my eyes. The application wasn't smooth and it took several coats before it was dark. The only positive thing about this liner was the packaging; I liked the twist top pen. I wouldn't buy this again, it was a waste of my money.

on 11/15/2010 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this! i have it in black and i like using it for my waterline (however weird that sounds) i prefer using liquid liner on my lid, but lining the waterline just makes the eyes look so much better. Definitely a repurchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Pros: cheap, nice color selection, retractable pencil liner (liked that it didn't require sharpening)

Cons: I have oily eyelids so it didn't last long unless I set it with a powder eyeshadow, and not very creamy so I had to pull on my eye (albeit gently) which I hated doing.

Bottom line: I would not repurchase because I've found drugstore retractable pencil liners that I like more and actually now I prefer gel liners anyway. However I wouldn't discourage anyone from trying this.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

I love this eyeliner! I have it in Twilight Sparkle, which is a lovely shade of glittering navy blue that brightens up my brown eyes. I often get complements when I wear it. It doesn't flake, which is important because I wear contacts and there is no glitter fallout either. It basically stays put until I remove it. Glimmersticks are a great value for the price. Many brands (ie: Lise Watier and Nars) have glitter eyeliners that cost double or triple what Glimmersticks cost.

on 11/4/2010 7:05:00 AM

This is awesome!! I use other liners as well, but tend to always fall back on the Glimmersticks. You can get it dirt cheap if you find a sale in the Avon catalog or on their website. A great liner for the price.

on 10/20/2010 9:31:00 PM

Def like this eyeliner. Goes on smooth and the color is nice! I have it in black and brown which i use every day.

on 10/20/2010 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I found this easy to apply and fun to use. Since it's Avon, I can only order it when the catalog comes by, but I really like it. It's not bad in anyway, but I know I've had better eyeliners. It is a really nice smoky black color, not too dark or too light.

I wouldn't buy again purely because I can only get it when I order it, and it takes around 2 weeks. I'd rather go to the store and buy an eyeliner. 5 out of 5 though!

on 9/26/2010 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

as far as pencil eyeliner this is great stuff.. it is easier to apply with a pencil you can sharpen, but this one is so nice it dosent matter that it get rounded it still works perfect. I would recommend this. It dosent smear..

on 9/25/2010 8:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The packaging is very chic, and I love the fact you don't have to sharpen it! It's very soft and goes on really smoothly and is very easily smudge-able. The only problem is mine has broken quite a few times when I've applied slightly firmer pressure than usual! Other than that, love it. Very creamy :)

on 9/23/2010 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love this product!
I only have the basic black one, but I will get some other colors!
It's creamy but very pigmented!