April 19, 2014 | 1086 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Lipstick in Dolce Vita

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2010 12:37:00 PM More reviews by girrl65

This lipstick is a sheer-ish nude dark rose. I think it is marginally buildable, but it is totally that "my lips but better" look, if it shows up for you at all. It shows up for me just fine, and it really reminds me of the MAC Slimshine lipsticks, which I kind of hated. However, this lipstick is nice for when you need a muted lip or just want something simple. I also want to add that my particular lipstick is not waxy or crayon-like. It is actually very smooth and wet. I guess I got a good batch! Overall, I like using this on those nude-lip days, but I don't think I'll repurchase. Not only is this dupe-able, but I'm also not a huge fan of sheer, nude lipsticks.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2010 2:02:00 AM More reviews by CosmetiChemie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is another staple in my beauty bag! The color is a gorgeous dusty rose with a hint of nude undertones.
It works really well on my lips because it's a more pigmented and rosier shade than my own lips. I believe that if I had darker lips or very light colored lips, this may not show up as well.

I'm lucky enough to be able to wear this perfect shade of everyday rose. This is a staple!

FYI: NARS Chihuahua lipgloss looks AMAZING over this lipstick!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2010 12:58:00 AM More reviews by tittillate

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

it's hard for me to find a lipstick that i like. i've tried mac's lustre lipsticks and they still seem to enhance the dryness of my lips and they're too opaque for me. the nars dolce vita is very sheer and gives just enough color for me. my lips but better. great for everyday wear. it's moisturizing and i sort of like the scent, even though it's kind of weird and spicy smelling. the packaging is nice and sleek, just as all of their other products. it seems to be a lot smaller too. the price is pretty expensive for the amount you get. but i would still repurchase bc it takes me forever to finish up an entire lip product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Rapunzelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I might as well have simply applied clear balm. This matches my lips so closely that it missed out on the "but better" part. The texture is nice, but it's quite pricy and I have seen many other similar/better MLBB lipsticks out there at much better values. There's nothing special about this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2010 3:12:00 AM More reviews by steph05

After reading all the reviews of this product I couldn't help going to the NARS counter and trying it out. I've got an uneven lip tone, and I usually compensate for this with a bold matte red color - but I needed something for everyday. Now it is a sheer color that really needs some building, but wow. It gave me a really sexy color that I didn't think would ever suit my yellow skin tone. It really is universal! It isn't too pink, and it's incredibly moisturizing compared to all the mattes I've been wearing for the past few years. Will definitely buy this over and over again!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2010 10:26:00 AM More reviews by lamp4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this color. So pretty and light weight on my lips and it gives a super light pink glow and received many compliments whenever I put it on. However, my biggest gripe is the $$$

rated 2 of 5 on 10/7/2010 8:20:00 PM More reviews by Vidua

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is about the same color as my lips so when I apply it it doesn't really look like I've got lipstick on. It evens out the color of my lips nicely, which is why I bought it. But the effect doesn't seem to last long...maybe only an hour or so for me. I, perhaps, should have expected that because the lipstick is so sheer.

Overall, a nice color that would look great on my skintones, but very limited staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2010 11:16:00 AM More reviews by simplyxjosey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful muted dusty rose that applies sheer but is very buildable. When built up this gives me a nice, sophisticated red lip. I have problems with reds looking good with my lips and skintone but this is just the perfect understated red for me! The formula is very creamy and moisturizing which is the problem I get with MOST drugstore brands. Yes, this color is very sheer but thats what makes it universally flattering! You can control the intensity. I sometimes hate thick pigmented drugstore lipsticks because gunk onto my lips. This is sheer enough that I can get a hint of color or IF i want intensity I can build it up and it wont look thickly gooped on. It's very creamy & comfortable on my lips for hours.

Are there dupes for this color? YES. but can a drugstore brand really beat the texture, creaminess, and moisture of nars formulation? No.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2010 4:43:00 PM More reviews by BebeLush

I love pink lips. IMO, they are way sexier than the traditional red lip the world raves about. So this is the perfect pink for me. Subtle, no frost or sparkles and best of all, no pearl overtones. Just a great matt shade that goes perfect with virtually any color. Also can be amped up with a gloss - my personal fave is MAC's Ample Pink. I love this and will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2010 12:25:00 AM More reviews by jenna88chu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The only lipstick I now own. MLBB, moisturizing, just wish it wasn't so pricey! I can go through it pretty quickly