NARS Dolce Vita

4.1

This was my first NARS lipstick and I wasn't a fan of it at all. It barely showed up on my lips and actually made my skin look dull. Didn't live up to the "hype" for me. I really wanted to love it!

on 2/10/2011 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

A really nice pink MLBB lip product for my semi-pigmented lips. This is my no-fail lipstick. Don't need a mirror to apply, I just know that it will always look flattering on me. I took 1 star off because despite its beautiful color and texture, it is not very long lasting at all. I notice that I have to frequently reapply during the day which leads to the product being used up really fast. However, the color is such a perfect deep pink that I still recommend this for all skintones. I am NC42 for reference and I love this product.

on 1/9/2011 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got this color because I heard it was a dupe for mac twig twig which is my favorite rosey-nude color, well it looks nothing like it. At least on me :( I do like this color. I wish it wasn't so sheer looking, and stayed on longer than 30 minutes. It feels like more of a gloss. I don't mind applying it often throughout the day, but for the price, it would've been nice to have some staying power.

on 1/8/2011 7:46:00 PM

I finally found the perfect "my lips but better color" with this lipstick! Such a nice reddish but natural looking shade! Amazing feel on the lips (as usual, with Nars lipsticks). Very moisturizing, lasts well, and works well with any look. So perfect!

on 12/24/2010 6:02:00 PM

This is just a great color for gals that want something natural and lip colored. Its not a nude in the sense that is beigey. It is in no way a brown. It is a lip colored lipstick that is sheer, not thick. Great color to throw in your purse as it goes with everything and feels great.

on 12/16/2010 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This lipstick brightens up anyone's face and works on any skin tone. Even when I'm wearing minimal makeup, I put this on and can layer it as much as I want and it won't look like I'm wearing too much. It doesn't dry out your lips or feather, and I wear it over a lip balm for a slightly glossier finish. It's the perfect combination between shiny and matte, and looks polished and gives you a great pout!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I really like this shade. A lot of times I feel a little too conscious of lipstick, but Dolce Vita is very natural looking and pretty. Even passes the rearview mirror test.

on 12/7/2010 8:08:00 PM

Love it!! It's actually the colour of my lips, only a shade darker. Bought this along with the blush. Great for daytime wear.

on 12/1/2010 1:00:00 PM

Having loved NARS's Orgasm blush, I was excited to try one of their lipsticks. The shade looked beautiful in the tube, but oh how I wished I would have tried it on before purchasing. The color was so sheer and barely pigmented, that it looked like I didn't have anything on my lips at all! I'm a faithful user of their blushes, but I'm going to stay away from their lipsticks from now on.

on 12/1/2010 12:37:00 PM

This lipstick is a sheer-ish nude dark rose. I think it is marginally buildable, but it is totally that "my lips but better" look, if it shows up for you at all. It shows up for me just fine, and it really reminds me of the MAC Slimshine lipsticks, which I kind of hated. However, this lipstick is nice for when you need a muted lip or just want something simple. I also want to add that my particular lipstick is not waxy or crayon-like. It is actually very smooth and wet. I guess I got a good batch! Overall, I like using this on those nude-lip days, but I don't think I'll repurchase. Not only is this dupe-able, but I'm also not a huge fan of sheer, nude lipsticks.

Recommended for Medium Skin