Mary Kay Medium Coverage Foundation

3.8

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Cetyl Dimethicone Copolyol, Talc, Silica, Propylene Glycol, Isododecane, Sorbitan Isostearate, Cetyl Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Lemon Extract, Cucumber Extract, Quaternium-18 Bentonite, Magnesium Sulfate, Dimethicone, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Phenoxylethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Diazolidinyl Urea, Dimethicone Copolylol, Glycerin, Methylparaben, BHT, Propylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate, Lauramine Oxide, Disodium Edta, Sodium Citrate, Absorbic Acid, C9-15 Alkyl Phosphate, Peg-75, Peg-150, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica, and Ultramarines.

on 3/4/2010 1:32:00 AM

i bought this foundation and i got the full coverage one free. ive found that theres not that much of a difference between the two except the full coverage one is more oily, so if you have oily skin go for this one. i really like this foundation alot. i usually stick with cream foundationd because theyre not too thick and this foundation was amazing for a liquid foundation. its coverage is enough for me, and it doesnt look cakey or thick. my one complaint is the lasting power could be better. the only way it lasts long for me is if i use a setting powder with it. but overall its a great foundation.

I just purchased this product for the first time several days ago and am overjoyed. I'm not a fan of full-coverage foundations, as I have a natural blush and freckles, but I've been looking endlessly for a foundation that matched my skin tone, made me appear to be just the right amount of "dewy," and would brighten my face. I have had the hardest time finding a foundation to match my skin, as most foundations I've come across are too white, too pink, or too yellow. I had a local Mary Kay consultant point me in the direction of the Medium Coverage Foundation for Normal to Oily skin in Ivory 200, and I cannot believe how great of a match it is. This foundation is extremely blendable and breatheable and matches my skin perfectly. When I apply it, I don't have the appearance of someone who just applied foundation (if there's one thing I hate, it's a woman who has obvious foundation!), yet I look 100% better - brighter, dewy skin, with just the right amount of glow. I pair this with Mary Kay's concealer (for my eye area and any blemishes), and I look like I've been blessed with perfect skin!

on 2/28/2010 11:14:00 AM

I have very flaky skin. This is the only foundation that I have found that does not make the flakiness look worse. It does a good job of covering red undertones. It goes on smoothly and lasts all day. If I go out at night, I do need to reapply. I use full coverage in the winter and medium coverage in the summer.

on 2/8/2010 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I love the squeeze packaging. The price is $14.00 which is cheap for me compared to $34.00. Yellow base which I need to cover redness and lasts all day. Mycolor is 302 and will repurchase. Also, has a matte finish. I actually mixed it with my Double Wear for a porcelain matte look.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I really like this foundation. It gives nice natural coverage, and a soft matte finish. The color selection is good, and I'm glad they make a shade light enough for my fair yellow toned skin, I use shade Ivory 100. I do wear a foundation primer under this, and it works great. I apply this foundation with a sponge, which works best for me. It tends to get a little cakey if I apply it with my fingers, and its consistency is too thick to use a foundation brush, but the sponge works perfect! I hope they do not discontinue this foundation, like they did my Dual Coverage Powder Foundation (which I used as my setting powder).

Update: I'm not crazy about this. It looks just ok with a great powder on top, but the foundation itself separates after a while on your skin. I took away a lippie for this. It's still ok, better than drug store makeup, but I love Mary Kay's new Matte Wear Foundation MUCH better than this!

on 1/26/2010 10:11:00 PM

I do like the consistency of this foundation, and the medium coverage.. it's good for everyday, the color is natural. The tube is the best packaging in my opinion.. I like to get tiny little dabs to pat around my eye, and this tube is perfect for small amounts at a time.

Though it says medium coverage, it has pretty good coverage. I used it as a concealer instead of foundation. I am a NC/NW20 and ivory 100 actually works well for me. I really liked the coverage of this foundation, but it broke me out so I voted not to purchase the product again. great for those who want more coverage with a decently priced foundation ($15).
Hope this helps!

on 1/18/2010 9:34:00 AM

So far I use this foundation daily because its better than most the ones I have.

Pros: ok coverage, don't need to use a lot, blends well

Cons: too matte, not enough coverage, color selection not light enough, not 100% please with the overall finish.

I'll keep using it til I find better.

on 1/13/2010 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

not that bad.

matte finish, Medium coverage as it says. they have a ton of tones.
looks almost cakey but no quite. the colour turns orangy after application

on 12/3/2009 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Well when I first purchased this product, it was too expensive compared to those in department stores. I used it around the summer time and it made my face oily. Hence I stopped using it but once winter came, it was good since my skin becomes really dry when winter comes. This foundation lasts me about the entire day so I dont need to reapply it. It is best to moisturize alot during the winter before applying this. It's very light and it didnt give me acne. I would probably buy it again if it wasnt so expensive.