September 30, 2014 | 1725 users online

Liquid - Mary Kay - Medium Coverage Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2010 4:11:00 AM More reviews by JudyGarlandFan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just purchased this product for the first time several days ago and am overjoyed. I'm not a fan of full-coverage foundations, as I have a natural blush and freckles, but I've been looking endlessly for a foundation that matched my skin tone, made me appear to be just the right amount of "dewy," and would brighten my face. I have had the hardest time finding a foundation to match my skin, as most foundations I've come across are too white, too pink, or too yellow. I had a local Mary Kay consultant point me in the direction of the Medium Coverage Foundation for Normal to Oily skin in Ivory 200, and I cannot believe how great of a match it is. This foundation is extremely blendable and breatheable and matches my skin perfectly. When I apply it, I don't have the appearance of someone who just applied foundation (if there's one thing I hate, it's a woman who has obvious foundation!), yet I look 100% better - brighter, dewy skin, with just the right amount of glow. I pair this with Mary Kay's concealer (for my eye area and any blemishes), and I look like I've been blessed with perfect skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2010 11:14:00 AM More reviews by beachmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have very flaky skin. This is the only foundation that I have found that does not make the flakiness look worse. It does a good job of covering red undertones. It goes on smoothly and lasts all day. If I go out at night, I do need to reapply. I use full coverage in the winter and medium coverage in the summer.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2010 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Holly40

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the squeeze packaging. The price is $14.00 which is cheap for me compared to $34.00. Yellow base which I need to cover redness and lasts all day. Mycolor is 302 and will repurchase. Also, has a matte finish. I actually mixed it with my Double Wear for a porcelain matte look.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2010 7:59:00 PM More reviews by fashionista_ae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this foundation. It gives nice natural coverage, and a soft matte finish. The color selection is good, and I'm glad they make a shade light enough for my fair yellow toned skin, I use shade Ivory 100. I do wear a foundation primer under this, and it works great. I apply this foundation with a sponge, which works best for me. It tends to get a little cakey if I apply it with my fingers, and its consistency is too thick to use a foundation brush, but the sponge works perfect! I hope they do not discontinue this foundation, like they did my Dual Coverage Powder Foundation (which I used as my setting powder).

Update: I'm not crazy about this. It looks just ok with a great powder on top, but the foundation itself separates after a while on your skin. I took away a lippie for this. It's still ok, better than drug store makeup, but I love Mary Kay's new Matte Wear Foundation MUCH better than this!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2010 10:11:00 PM More reviews by crossett

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I do like the consistency of this foundation, and the medium coverage.. it's good for everyday, the color is natural. The tube is the best packaging in my opinion.. I like to get tiny little dabs to pat around my eye, and this tube is perfect for small amounts at a time.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2010 8:12:00 PM More reviews by bubbletea1212

Though it says medium coverage, it has pretty good coverage. I used it as a concealer instead of foundation. I am a NC/NW20 and ivory 100 actually works well for me. I really liked the coverage of this foundation, but it broke me out so I voted not to purchase the product again. great for those who want more coverage with a decently priced foundation ($15).
Hope this helps!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2010 9:34:00 AM More reviews by saphire82

So far I use this foundation daily because its better than most the ones I have.

Pros: ok coverage, don't need to use a lot, blends well

Cons: too matte, not enough coverage, color selection not light enough, not 100% please with the overall finish.

I'll keep using it til I find better.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2010 1:55:00 PM More reviews by dandiberta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

not that bad.

matte finish, Medium coverage as it says. they have a ton of tones.
looks almost cakey but no quite. the colour turns orangy after application

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2009 10:10:00 PM More reviews by 6thmercury

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well when I first purchased this product, it was too expensive compared to those in department stores. I used it around the summer time and it made my face oily. Hence I stopped using it but once winter came, it was good since my skin becomes really dry when winter comes. This foundation lasts me about the entire day so I dont need to reapply it. It is best to moisturize alot during the winter before applying this. It's very light and it didnt give me acne. I would probably buy it again if it wasnt so expensive.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2009 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Teex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Went to a "Mary Kay Party", which is where a person holds a social gathering, and a Mary Kay consultant comes and introduces the different lines of products to everyone. She/he will normally give out samples and will let everyone try the different products.

I was really hopeful when I got to try this foundation. It appeared to have matched my Eurasian skin (MAC NC20/25- even though those are too yellow) quite well, and it felt quite light and gave good coverage. Sadly, I was wrong. I should have tried it in a different light/day light, as when I received my order 2 weeks later, I saw that it was way too dark for me. And when I tried it at home, I also noticed that it was heavier and more "yucky" than when I tried it at the Mary Kay party.

It comes in a 30ml/1oz. tube, which makes it easy to squeeze the product out, and it's hygenic, but all in all, I'm quite disappointed. I guess the search for my HG foundation continues.

I will not be repurchasing this product and I will not recommend this to others.