Joico K-Pak Deep Penetrating Reconstructor

4.2

Aqua, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Paraffinum Liquidum, Glycol Stearate, PEG-8 Distearate, Ceteth-2, Sodium Chloride, Hydrolyzed Keratin (Quadramine Complex), Cocodimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Keratin, Myristyl Myristate, Citric Acid, Parfum, Sorbic Acid, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Yeast Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Benzyl Alcohol, Coumarin, Limonene.

on 8/25/2011 10:23:00 AM

Really not sure what to think of this product. I have bleached hair and reconstructor is the best thing to put protein back into it. However I don't really feel much of a difference when using this, although I know it's not meant to make your hair feel soft it's meant to actually help the structure. I'd buy this again because I'm not sure if it may have actually stopped my hair from falling out- my hair is not shedding and snapping from bleach like it used to. I love the smell, too.

on 8/22/2011 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I usually use this every now and then to give my thin, breakable hair a little love after a month of teasing, brushing and colouring. After shampooing my hair I massage it into the ends from the midlengths, then wrap it in a towell for 10-15 minutes before rinsing. It always leaves my hair feeling soft and gets rid of the dry, brittle feeling in the ends. Just be carefull not too use it too often or it will have a negative effect on your hair. Once a month works well for me.

on 8/17/2011 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was at Shoppers drug mart and I was looking for a hair mask, one that could strengthen my hair after I box dyed it after not dying it for 3 years I felt it was brittle and when rinsing the dye out some hair fell out which I now know is normal. Anyways the cosmetic counter lady said this is what people
Like and I trusted her even with the $ 20+ tag I only use it once a week on the weekend.I shampoo then rinse very well and put the k-pak in from tips to roots. Smells kinda like banana, very nice I enjoy it kinda reminds me of Hempz moisturizing lotion.. I wrap a dry towel around it and shave an then rinse it out with cool water. It has left my hair strong and smooth and has less fly aways. I know it is healthier than before I dyed it and I think it is from using this once a week! You won't immediately notice the smoothing results like some conditioners but it helps to rebuild you hair not detangle it. After I get out of the shower of it's tangled I use L'Oreal color radiance detangling spray, which is AWESOME and has a UV filter in it to protect my darker. Hair from fading in the sun. I can say this is a keeper and it's not a daily conditioner so I can live with the price tag because it will last longer than a couple of weeks.

*uPdAtE*

So just when I thought my hair was in need of a cut, I used this again (since its the weekend) and I blow dried it and than straightened it and its so soft. No cut needed yayy!! HGHGHGHGHG

on 8/17/2011 1:15:00 PM

Great product for dry/split hair. I use all the K-Pak products at the salon I work at and its a miracle worker. Very expensive but worth it x

on 8/6/2011 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I love this stuff!!! Love that's it's PH balanced & smells so good too =) My mom has her cosmetology license so I actually get this super-discounted which is nice cuz I deep condition with it once a week & I majorly saturate my hair =) I use a plastic cap & go under my bonnet for 20-30 minutes (you can buy a bonnet @ Sally's, I got mine @ a beauty supply store for $35). Definitely see a much more dramatic difference when I use the heat! Joico also makes an intensive moisturizer that I mix with the K-pak. This is a definite must have, I haven't gone without in the last 10 years.

on 7/13/2011 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have processed platinum blonde hair that's been through the ringer and it had started to show bad signs of damage, and it seemed like everything I tried didn't make it feel or look any less dry...talk about a bummer! Anyways, a friend's cousin, who owns her own salon, recommended this to me. I went to Ulta and purchased the 5 dollar travel-sized version just in case I didn't like it. I washed my hair, ringed out the water and put this on, wrapped my hair in a bun and blasted the blow dryer on it for about a minute. Wrapped my head in a scarf and went about doing other things. 30 mins later I washed this stuff out and WOW, even as I was washing it out (with cold water) my hair felt different. Put on a deep conditioner and finished up. Usually when I blow dry my hair, I look like I stuck my finger in an electrical socket...but not this time. My hair had almost no frizz and it was straighter than usual, not to mention super soft. I use this when I wash my hair, which is once a week. Let me say this, it has changed my hair. This is another staple added to my beauty routine. Def. worth every penny. Your hair CAN get a little dingy, but nothing dry shampoo can't fix ;)

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I have 3c/4a curly-kinky hair. I spent over $20 bucks(8oz) on this and my hair did not respond to this product.

So would I say this product is horrible....No, because my hair didn't feel any different (not better or worse) and I used it once a week until the conditioner was gone. Just an FYI, I had the same results when I used Sally's GVP version.

My hair LOVES Ion Reconstructor and Aubrey Organics GPB.
Both brands cost less and actually work!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product is the most important deep conditioner in my hair regimen, and trust me...i have alot! So anyways it smells so good, like freshly chopped up bananas with a hint of coconut! This stuff has a really weired texture once u get to the bottom but i dont mind. Its very thick and it makes my hair so so soft! when i first used this product thats what saved my hair! It made my hair a lot softer and not as much hair fell out of my scalp, and my ends were alot softer! After this was gone, i immediatly went to go by another one! This stuff costs around 15, 16 dollars but i would spend alot more on this! Everything is great about this product! this didint let me down at all! I would recomend this to anybody no matter what!

on 7/4/2011 7:32:00 PM

This is a quality protein treatment which I have been using for the last 4 months, and it has done wonders for my chemically processed hair. I usually only used the reconstructor once or twice a month as my hair was not too damaged. Remember an overload of protein for hair will have the reverse effect expected. So those with hair in fairly good condition really do not need to do this treatment more than once a month to maintain your hair's health. I also think the reconstructor has contributed to my hair growing quite quickly and thickly in the last few months which never happens.

My routine with the K-Pak Reconstructor is:
1. Wash hair with a clarifying shampoo, I use the Joico K-Pak Chelating Shampoo.
2. Then I gently squeeze out all the excess water before applying the reconstructor. I apply more generously towards my ends and tend to lay off the top of my head as I find that it does make my roots greasy. Leave on for 5-10 mins with a shower cap on, trust me, that is long enough. Rinse. Squeeze out excess water.
3. Next I apply a deep moisturising masque, I usually use the Joico Intense Hydrator. It is vital that the reconstructor is followed up with some sort of moisturising conditioner because its purpose is not to deeply hydrate your hair but to make it stronger and 'reconstruct'. Do not use the reconstructor as a daily conditioner or on its own. Even my hair stylist told me it must be followed up with a moisturising conditioner/masque, otherwise hair will feel dry and knotty. I usually keep my masque on for an hour or more.

This routine has totally transformed the condition of my hair for the better. It felt stronger, healthier and so soft, UNTIL I stupidly got highlights done on my naturally dark hair by the most rubbish hair colourist ever! The bleach completely destroyed my hair and it was left dry, extremely damaged, brittle and felt like straw. Its the worst condition I have ever seen my hair in which made me so upset. I waited three days for my colour to settle before I did the k-pak reconstructor routine, except I used a gentler shampoo instead, as a clarifying shampoo would have been too harsh on my weak hair. And WOW! just after one use, my hair feels SO much stronger and softer already. Its unbelievable! I now really appreciate this product and have really put it to the ultimate test. I will continue to use it once every week for a month to reverse the damage that has been done.

I have never tried any other protein treatments but this one is truly amazing, and really good value too so I'll be repurchasing. I purchased mine for around 10 online, and I love the fact that it is in a squeezy tube instead of a tub for hygiene reasons. I also recommend doing this routine a few days before having any colouring/highlighting/bleach done in order to prepare your hair, to ensure it is in good condition and to add extra protein as bleaching will strip your hair of protein. And keep it stored in a cool, dry place and away from your shower.

on 6/25/2011 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine

This has become a staple product in my hair regimen. I have fine hair and I use it once a week. It really strengthens and restores my hair. My curls become bouncy again, too. I always follow this with Joico's Moisture Recovery Balm. A winning combo.