April 24, 2014 | 1517 users online

Treatments - Joico - k-pak deep penetrating reconstructor

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2011 2:57:00 PM More reviews by buhagiarmalina67

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is the most important deep conditioner in my hair regimen, and trust me...i have alot! So anyways it smells so good, like freshly chopped up bananas with a hint of coconut! This stuff has a really weired texture once u get to the bottom but i dont mind. Its very thick and it makes my hair so so soft! when i first used this product thats what saved my hair! It made my hair a lot softer and not as much hair fell out of my scalp, and my ends were alot softer! After this was gone, i immediatly went to go by another one! This stuff costs around 15, 16 dollars but i would spend alot more on this! Everything is great about this product! this didint let me down at all! I would recomend this to anybody no matter what!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2011 7:32:00 PM More reviews by emmio10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is a quality protein treatment which I have been using for the last 4 months, and it has done wonders for my chemically processed hair. I usually only used the reconstructor once or twice a month as my hair was not too damaged. Remember an overload of protein for hair will have the reverse effect expected. So those with hair in fairly good condition really do not need to do this treatment more than once a month to maintain your hair's health. I also think the reconstructor has contributed to my hair growing quite quickly and thickly in the last few months which never happens.

My routine with the K-Pak Reconstructor is:
1. Wash hair with a clarifying shampoo, I use the Joico K-Pak Chelating Shampoo.
2. Then I gently squeeze out all the excess water before applying the reconstructor. I apply more generously towards my ends and tend to lay off the top of my head as I find that it does make my roots greasy. Leave on for 5-10 mins with a shower cap on, trust me, that is long enough. Rinse. Squeeze out excess water.
3. Next I apply a deep moisturising masque, I usually use the Joico Intense Hydrator. It is vital that the reconstructor is followed up with some sort of moisturising conditioner because its purpose is not to deeply hydrate your hair but to make it stronger and 'reconstruct'. Do not use the reconstructor as a daily conditioner or on its own. Even my hair stylist told me it must be followed up with a moisturising conditioner/masque, otherwise hair will feel dry and knotty. I usually keep my masque on for an hour or more.

This routine has totally transformed the condition of my hair for the better. It felt stronger, healthier and so soft, UNTIL I stupidly got highlights done on my naturally dark hair by the most rubbish hair colourist ever! The bleach completely destroyed my hair and it was left dry, extremely damaged, brittle and felt like straw. Its the worst condition I have ever seen my hair in which made me so upset. I waited three days for my colour to settle before I did the k-pak reconstructor routine, except I used a gentler shampoo instead, as a clarifying shampoo would have been too harsh on my weak hair. And WOW! just after one use, my hair feels SO much stronger and softer already. Its unbelievable! I now really appreciate this product and have really put it to the ultimate test. I will continue to use it once every week for a month to reverse the damage that has been done.

I have never tried any other protein treatments but this one is truly amazing, and really good value too so I'll be repurchasing. I purchased mine for around 10 online, and I love the fact that it is in a squeezy tube instead of a tub for hygiene reasons. I also recommend doing this routine a few days before having any colouring/highlighting/bleach done in order to prepare your hair, to ensure it is in good condition and to add extra protein as bleaching will strip your hair of protein. And keep it stored in a cool, dry place and away from your shower.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2011 3:52:00 PM More reviews by esissan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has become a staple product in my hair regimen. I have fine hair and I use it once a week. It really strengthens and restores my hair. My curls become bouncy again, too. I always follow this with Joico's Moisture Recovery Balm. A winning combo.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2011 1:21:00 PM More reviews by hawaiian_tropic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My hair has improved SOOO much once I put myself on a regimen of protein treatments and deep conditioners on a REGULAR basis. I have long heavily highlighted hair and although I have always taken good care of my hair, the processing eventually causes some breakage etc. I use this every 10-14 days and follow up with deep conditioner. I noticed my hair is much more manageable,feels healthier to the touch,and most important the regrowth on the parts with breakage is very impressive! My hairdresser even commented on my hair the last 2 times asking what have I been doing and she stated my hair was taking the bleach so well...anyway.....DEFINITELY recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2011 2:50:00 AM More reviews by hnrenfro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I find with this product i need to shake it up really good each time before i use it, its a product for dry damaged fine hair mostly for girls who bleach or dye there hair, it smells good how ever i dont dye my hair so i MUCH perfure the Kpac Hydrator<3 thats my favorite but this one is good too its more expensive tho but works great so it evens out

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2011 1:41:00 AM More reviews by justilou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I keep coming back to this product. Have been for years. It's expensive, but it WORKS!
My hair is more like cat hair than human. It's that fine. I have fried it many, many times.
The trick with this is knowing how to use it to get the best results.
1) Shampoo
2) Towel-dry
3) Apply Treatment
4) Shower cap
5) Back under shower with cap on to cook up some extra heat
6) Rinse VERY well
7) Apply a light hydrating/moisturising conditioner
8) Style your new soft, strong hair

I use it twice a week and notice results pretty quickly. The longer I stick to this programme, the better my hair is. Stronger than pre-fry days.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by thaonlylakergirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Tries this after reading various online reviews and finding it on sale at JcPenney. I am not impressed at all. Keracare is much better for thick, course ethnic hair.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2011 2:12:00 AM More reviews by NewWave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this treatment for 3-4 years now and I love what it does to my hair. I have fine, curly and extreamly dry red hair that I managed to bleach to almost light white blond during my senior year at college. Red pigment is really stubborn, so my hair didn't take it very well to say the least... They were all gummy and brittled easily, i couldn't even put them in a pony tail without breaking my precious strands. My original intention was to grow my curly hair long and blond, but I soon realised that it was impossible to do both. So I chose "long" and started to take care of my hair after returning to my original red color. Joico deep penetrating treatment was the first thing that I really noticed was nourishing my hair. My hairdresser recommended pairing it with some moisturising cure, so I ended up rotating between this one and various cheap moisturising conditioners since I had to justify my splurging on Joico by saving on other hair products. Well, to make the long story short I haven't gotten a hair cut since then and my hair just keep growing long and more manageble than I ever remember them to be. Truly a miracle worker. I wish it would be thicker though since I sometimes spill it in the shower and it can drip from you hair while its on them. I actually use it every time I shower since I feel like my hair get dry and brittle very fast without bringing in some proteind from this treatment. I also use Joico Moisture Recovery conditioner and k-pak shampoo with it now and have a waist-length hair I always dreamed of! Great stuff I will keep repurchasing (btw you can save a lot of money by buying 1 liter bottles online).

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2011 9:52:00 PM More reviews by rocketinthesky

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff was a life saver when I had blue hair. I went from black to blonde in a matter of 1 week. Yeah, my hair wasn't in the best condition. This stuff brought it back to life. There IS only so much it can do, though. I bleached my hair twice with 30 vol. developer to get the blue out of my hair, and that was when my hair turned gummy and started stretching and then just snapping. This stuff has helped a little, but I'm thinking of trying Redken's Extreme Deep Fuel. The scent is also great, smells like bananas. Will repurchase, just because it was great when I deep cleansed. I pair this with Joico's Moisture Recovery Treatment Balm.

Update: Still loving this, however, Redken Deep Fuel is MUCH better at bringing damaged hair back to life. I use this, however, every time I wash my hair, with the Intense Hydrator and my hair is slowly but surely coming back to it's healthy state. Still loving the smell, but I can't stand the consistency - it's literally SLIPPING out of my hands as I apply it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2011 2:19:00 AM More reviews by reenerneener

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have spent the last 12+ years colouring my hair. I made the mistake of begging my mom for highlights when I was 12, to which she complied & from there, I've been colouring my hair non-stop. I have naturally straight hair & am so surprised it hasn't all fallen out of my head. I've done it all...every colour you can think of as well as the harsh transaction from going black to blonde twice. I've stripped my hair twice & have always had to cut so much off because it was just simply dead. I've been trying to grow my hair out for about 2 years now & have had lots of success thanks to this hot piece of hair re-constructor. The dye I'm using now is a demi, which I do believe helps reduce damage, but this product has brought my hair back to life. I still have to manage my split ends & do a routine trim every 3 months, but for the first time in a long time...my hair looks & feels sooo healthy! I love this product. I will continue to use it for as long as I need to :D