April 18, 2014 | 1032 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Eucerin - Aquaphor Healing Ointment

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2012 5:31:00 PM More reviews by mladkins

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I too have seen the light! Just had an old tattoo touched up and a new one applied. My artist recommended aquaphor to use during the healing process. Wonderful stuff, both tats have healed up in only about a week's time. The ointment is nice and soothing on tender, abused, needle pricked skin. :)

Since I bought the big tub I thought I'd put it to other uses. So I've tried it as an undereye balm and lip balm at night, hands and cuticles, and also on gross dry heels. It feels a little greasy at first but sinks in and leaves skin ultra moisturized. And I swear it leaves my lips feeling better than Jack Black or other balms I've tried! Just don't try to use it under makeup. One day I thought I'd try it under my eyes in place of my other creams, big mistake! My concealer was sliding around everywhere.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2012 1:20:00 PM More reviews by Cortiz4

Aquaphor is amazing for dry lips and healing any cuts or tattoos. I've used it on my face because I have very bad dry skin but it felt to heavy and greasy although before bed its fine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2012 7:51:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have tubes of this stuff everywhere. It's one of my favorite products and I love it's versatility. I wear it at night a lot so I can really slather it on and not worry about it getting anywhere. I'm a germ-phobe and so I wash my hands all the time and thus get the worst dry skin, especially around my knuckles. But a little of this every night and it really makes a difference. Softens and soothes my skin and keeps them feeling so much better. I also use it on my lips, my feet, to cover up small cuts and scrapes. It seems to work well for everything. I would never picture putting something like this on my face since I have sensitive skin that doesn't tolerate thick creams well, but I've never had any issues with it. It gets blistering cold at night where I live and I like to jog late, but the wind just becomes painful on my cheeks and nose so I put a light layer of this across my cheekbones and my nose and lips before I go out and I never get wind-chapped.

I don't like the jar style packaging so I'm glad there's a squeeze tube version. This is an amazing product and I wouldn't be without it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2012 2:19:00 AM More reviews by dreamsalot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Wow! This is my new HG skin remedy for dry skin! I've been getting really dry patches on my hands recently. I wash my hands a ton everyday because I work in healthcare which really dries them out. I slather this on at night and after a few days the bumps and dry patches started to disappear. NOTHING else worked. Every hand cream I owned just felt like it was sitting on my skin. My hands feel soft and smooth again. AMAZING PRODUCT. I definitely recommend.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2012 2:35:00 AM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I will never be without this product!
In October this year I've experienced what I think was an allergic reaction. My lips were very swollen, became very dry and nothing worked as soothing as Aquaphor. I've tried many traditional balms (avoiding the ones with mint and menthol in them as they always felt weird on my lips, sometimes even burnt them), vaseline, Nuxe Reve de Miel (which is a wonderful product, but didn't perform well this time), standard honey, Manuka honey, a variety of oils (jojoba, coconut, grapeseed, olive), creams for dry and very dry skin conditions, etc. And I found out that Aquaphor wins hands down. At the moment I layer it over jojoba oil and I can see a big improvement in the way my lips look and feel. They do get uncomfortable, but Aquaphor calms them down.
If you have never tried this product, grab it and you won't regret it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 11:54:00 PM More reviews by sleaf

Great for irritated or severely dry skin. I use this around my nose when I have the flu, on my lips when I have a cold sore, on my cuticles if they're awful, on dry flaky patches on my cheeks, etc. I only use it for skin emergencies so I usually buy the tiny little tubes and have them littered everywhere where I keep bandaids from my bag to my office. Someone called this dermatological duct tape and I think that's perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2012 7:51:00 AM More reviews by frenchie_cutay

this stuff has blown any other lip treatment ive ever tried right out of the water. for the first time in 25 years, my lips are soft and hydrated. This is a total HG lip treatment. Lightly brush lips with toothbrush at night, and apply thick coat and go to bed. apply during the day if you feel like it, but I don't even need it. Australia girls, they don't sell it here, but you can bulk buy a few tubes on ebay for pretty cheap, and it's a million times better than blistex or carmex!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2012 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Astarael

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is great stuff. I prefer this on my lips to their actual lip version, and it is great for putting on any super dry skin. This along with Cherry Chapstick are my two fave lip products, they beat out Vaseline brand, Carmex, Soft Lips, Burts Bees, you name it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2012 11:43:00 PM More reviews by Kat308

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a wonderful product. I have eczma and wouldn't think about
going without it. Aquaphor reminds you of vaseline, but it is so much better and without the petroleum smell. I just started to use it as a night moisturizer, under my eyes and dry spots. When I wake up my skin is so soft, I truly love this product. Also great for cuticles and dry feet. I would like to thank other member for mentioning about the baby Aquaphor is a much better deal if you need to have a tube, I just bought one to keep in my purse, otherwise the tub is the way to go.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2012 5:08:00 PM More reviews by jikl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've had chapped lips as long as I can remember. It's always been a job to stop myself biting them, peeling the chapped skin off (grosss), making the situation worse. I tried so many things over the years - Vaseline, pure shea butter, Lanolips, Palmers cocoa butter stick, chapstick, carmex, 8 hour cream, coconut oil, even vitamin E oil straight from the capsule.
But NOTHING worked like this stuff. I tried it first about 3 nights ago, after the first night my lips were pretty much cured. There's no more chapped skin, they're totally smooth. I couldn't bite at them even if I wanted to!
Wish I'd heard about this stuff sooner. It's a small thing in the scheme of things, but it's great not to have to worry about my lips getting dry or flaky, or have to apply lip balm constantly when I'm out socialising.
I think this would be a great product for men suffering from dry lips, or anyone who wants to be low maintenance as you can apply it at night and it seems to keep them hydrated throughout the day without needing to reapply.

UPDATE: this stopped working so well, so taking it down to 3 lippies as it's quite expensive for what it is. Best kept for lip emergencies I guess.

UPDATE April 2014: I'm only just coming to the end of the tube I reviewed in September 2012! I'm bringing it back to 4 lippies. It's definitely the best thing I've tried for chapped, dehydrated lips, and I've recently started applying a little on the sides of my cheeks at bedtime to help lock in my serum and protect from pillow rub. Will be repurchasing, for sure, and recommending to friends.