November 28, 2014 | 1335 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Eucerin - Original Moisturizing Creme

rated 3 of 5 on 8/17/2008 7:12:00 PM More reviews by emily_in_az

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't use this product, although I love Eucerin Everyday Protection Face Lotion SPF 30 for Sensitive Skin. Unfortunately, the "Original Creme" product was featured in a research study, and the research indicates some link between skin tumors and this particular formulation. The research indicates that sodium laurel sulphate or mineral oil could be the two problem ingredients. Please take this with a grain of salt, as the rats in the study already had been exposed to radiation (!), but I thought you guys would want to know. LINK: http://www.philly.com/inquirer/health_science/daily/20080815_Researchers_tie_skin_creams_to_cancer_in_mice.html

rated 1 of 5 on 6/12/2008 5:39:00 PM More reviews by puffnugget

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure why but Eucerin seems to dry out my face. Odd, because it's a cream. I prefer Moisturel or Cetaphil Cream.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2008 10:39:00 AM More reviews by sanrosee

I'm not fond of Eucerin because it has a very thick consistency that makes it difficult to rub into the skin. Also if too much is used, the skin feels and appears greasy. BUT when my husband suddenly developed eczema last winter, this product was a lifesaver. I definitely recommend it for conditions such as eczema and for dry skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2008 9:23:00 PM More reviews by amelina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is awesome in the winter time......as things are warming up a bit I am finding this does not work as well. I am getting some zits. Also....it feels great when I put it on at night...but in the morning, my skin feels pretty dry and tight, AND my pores are clogged. I am going to give my face a rest and try something else for awhile....I am finding as I get older I need to do that now and again, which throws me off. :) I REALLY loved this when I started using it last fall (it is spring now) but my skin just isn't digging it anymore, and I feel like I look tired and dry. I'm trying the new Cetaphil Advance Ultra Hydrating.........

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2008 6:42:00 PM More reviews by jennee09

I have been using this for a week now and my skin got so much smoother. The thickness was surprising at first but soon melted away into my skin. It is slightly greasy but not enough to bother me since the "lighter" lotions I tried went on nice and hydrating but soon left my skin dry and crinkly again. I always love pumps too.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2008 6:48:00 PM More reviews by socalwahine

I love this! This winter was quite harsh on my eczema skin, and I was tired to using anti-itch creams. The itching went away, but my skin was still dry. I bought the 16 oz. jar and gave it a try. My eczema went away, and my legs and arms are very soft. I also tried this on my acne/oily face. I avoided lotions on my face b/c of the immediate breakouts to lotions. But again, this winter also freaked havoc on my face. I tried a little bit at night, and I woke up with soft and glowing skin. I have kept using it for the past three months, and my skin has improved--less oily and more glowly. Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2008 12:58:00 AM More reviews by KatieRoxx

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A nice heavy cream for severely dry areas or really itchy winter skin. I hate the packaging in the tub - I do understand this is such a thick product there is no way it could easily be dispensed from a tube or a pump, so I understand the need for a jar - but it gets stuck under my nails because you have to dig to scoop it out. Great for sensitive skin and I love that it is fragrance free.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2008 7:56:00 PM More reviews by fetishdolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I get super-dry feet and hands in the winter. It gets to the point that I get cracked skin, which is extremely painful. I bought this stuff as I have tried everything else in the drugstore, and this one was my last resort. So far I am quite happy with this product. It's best to put on AFTER you soak in the tub, and your skin is still soft. It absorbs better and holds moisture longer. I wish it had a scent, contained something tingly like mint or tea tree, and it came in a squirt bottle, but what can you do? This is my new HG heavy-duty lotion.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2007 7:41:00 PM More reviews by lizever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I actually really don't like this. I was using an Avon intensive hand cream on my leg b/c of a nasty flare up of eczema. It was working, but I thought I'd try this since it got great reviews and was readily accessible at the store. After using this day and night my skin actually got worse, back to wear it had been. If it had worked I wouldn't have minded how thick and difficult it was to spread. It disappears onto your skin making it hard to spread evenly, and yet it doesn't absorb. It's hard to explain. It's also very greasy, too greasy for your face or eyes. It sort of sits on your skin instead of absorbing in. When I found myself scratching my leg later I actually got fingernails full of stuff if you know what I mean. I may use up the rest of the tub on my kids, but I definitely won't buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2007 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Vulnavia

I finally gave up the ghost and accepted the fact that living in an old apartment with steam heat and working both inside and outside (in frigid conditions!) with small kids has been doing my sensitive, dry, eczema-prone skin no favors this winter. This (well, actually the CVS dupe of it, $4 cheaper, same ingredients) came to the rescue. I remember using this - or rather, having my grandmother slap it on me - when I was really young, and I disliked the greasiness then and so have avoided it for years. I'm glad I finally got over myself because thanks to this Creme I'm now no longer scratching myself until I'm bloody. It's actually not super greasy, at least in the way that their calming creme is: it doesn't leave a film. It is, however, super heavy and occlusive, and is so thick that it can be hard to rub in unless you soften it a bit first in your hands or stick it in a bowl of warm water. At least you improve your circulation as your rub it in! I've come to really love this now, after a few weeks of use. If you have eczema and Aveeno or Curel or regular Eucerin isn't working for you anymore, try this. It's heavy, but it works, and it forms a nice cushiony barrier between your skin and itchers. Would repurchase, but this tub should last through the worst of the winter and I doubt I'll need it in summer.