Eucerin Original Healing Creme (Soothing Repair Creme)

4.3

Water, petrolatum, mineral oil, ceresin, lanolin alcohol, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone.

on 12/24/2008 7:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a bit hard to work through on skin as it is thick and takes a long time to sink in. But the wait time is worth it. My skin gets so dry during the winter and I need heavy balms to use after I take a shower to keep my skin from drying out and to keep my eczema from acting up. This is perfect. I can see a big jar lasting a long time because it is so concentrated and thick. Makes a good hand cream too.

on 12/8/2008 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This gives me murderous breakouts if I use it anywhere I'm acne-prone, but it does make a very nice body/hand lotion. I tried nearly a dozen lotions to see if any would keep my hands from chapping and bleeding during the winter, and Eurcerin's formulas were the only ones that worked. I tried all 4 of their lotion formulas, just to be scientific, and they all seem to work exactly equally well (aside from their aquaphor ointment, which does nothing for me).
This is one of their greasier-feeling formulas, but if you can get past that it works just as well as the others.

I was expecting something different than what I got when I purchased this cream. This is so hard it's like frozen butter, so it's really hard to get out and to spread around on your skin. I don't like how it doesn't really sink in too, it just sort of leaves you all greasy. I like Eucerin in general though, and this cream is good for a deep moisture foot cream or something. I can't imagine using this all over my body, and I won't be repurchasing.

on 8/17/2008 7:12:00 PM

I don't use this product, although I love Eucerin Everyday Protection Face Lotion SPF 30 for Sensitive Skin. Unfortunately, the "Original Creme" product was featured in a research study, and the research indicates some link between skin tumors and this particular formulation. The research indicates that sodium laurel sulphate or mineral oil could be the two problem ingredients. Please take this with a grain of salt, as the rats in the study already had been exposed to radiation (!), but I thought you guys would want to know. LINK: http://www.philly.com/inquirer/health_science/daily/20080815_Researchers_tie_skin_creams_to_cancer_in_mice.html

on 6/12/2008 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I'm not sure why but Eucerin seems to dry out my face. Odd, because it's a cream. I prefer Moisturel or Cetaphil Cream.

on 4/20/2008 10:39:00 AM

I'm not fond of Eucerin because it has a very thick consistency that makes it difficult to rub into the skin. Also if too much is used, the skin feels and appears greasy. BUT when my husband suddenly developed eczema last winter, this product was a lifesaver. I definitely recommend it for conditions such as eczema and for dry skin.

on 4/7/2008 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is awesome in the winter time......as things are warming up a bit I am finding this does not work as well. I am getting some zits. Also....it feels great when I put it on at night...but in the morning, my skin feels pretty dry and tight, AND my pores are clogged. I am going to give my face a rest and try something else for awhile....I am finding as I get older I need to do that now and again, which throws me off. :) I REALLY loved this when I started using it last fall (it is spring now) but my skin just isn't digging it anymore, and I feel like I look tired and dry. I'm trying the new Cetaphil Advance Ultra Hydrating.........

on 4/7/2008 6:42:00 PM

I have been using this for a week now and my skin got so much smoother. The thickness was surprising at first but soon melted away into my skin. It is slightly greasy but not enough to bother me since the "lighter" lotions I tried went on nice and hydrating but soon left my skin dry and crinkly again. I always love pumps too.

on 3/16/2008 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this! This winter was quite harsh on my eczema skin, and I was tired to using anti-itch creams. The itching went away, but my skin was still dry. I bought the 16 oz. jar and gave it a try. My eczema went away, and my legs and arms are very soft. I also tried this on my acne/oily face. I avoided lotions on my face b/c of the immediate breakouts to lotions. But again, this winter also freaked havoc on my face. I tried a little bit at night, and I woke up with soft and glowing skin. I have kept using it for the past three months, and my skin has improved--less oily and more glowly. Highly recommended.

on 1/24/2008 12:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

A nice heavy cream for severely dry areas or really itchy winter skin. I hate the packaging in the tub - I do understand this is such a thick product there is no way it could easily be dispensed from a tube or a pump, so I understand the need for a jar - but it gets stuck under my nails because you have to dig to scoop it out. Great for sensitive skin and I love that it is fragrance free.