The Body Shop Coconut Body Butter

4.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Cyclomethicone, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycerin, Theobroma cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Clyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Lanolin Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Benzyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Caramel.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love tropical scents specially coconut (its one of my favorites), this body butter smells divine, it as a great texture (I prefer butters to lotions), it mosturizes really well and absorves quickly into the skin, it leaves a really nice feeling and its not greasy. I use it and the next day I steel feel mosturized. The smell doesnt last that long though, but I dont mind. I bought the biggest container (400ml, 14.0 OZ, 398g), in Portugal it was around 18 euros wich was really good, and it lasts forever.

on 8/24/2011 10:47:00 PM

I love TBS body butters, especially this scent. However, I can see how the consistency may feel heavy and greasy to some. To me it feels rich and moist. The scent always takes me back to my trips to Asia.

Scent is waaaaay too strong for me!!!!

on 6/24/2011 7:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I love the body shop body butters and i thought i would love this one but the smell was so overpowering it made me feel physically sick i used it twice and it was left sitting on my shelf. In the end i threw it out. It was nice and moisturising but unfortunately i just couldn't stand the smell of this one. It would of been nice with a little less fragrance to it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Love the smell. I use it on my face rather than my whole body and it works well. I'm waiting for it to go on sale so I can get it again.

on 5/29/2011 6:52:00 AM

Delicious scent that turns unpleasant after applied on the skin. Rich, buttery consistency and slightly oil residue. Not moisturizing enough on my very dry skin despite copious application. No repurchase – doesn’t eradicate dry skin nor smells good once applied.

on 5/18/2011 3:52:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I like the packaging and the smell. But I can't justify buying this when I get the same results using a drugstore brand lotion.

on 5/9/2011 4:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love the scent of coconut. Infact I chose this scent in particular just so I could smell it on me for the entire day. It moisturizes pretty well but can be greasy if you use too much. I do think it's a bit expensive for what it is, where I can get two big bottles of Palmer's cocoa butter for the price of one tub of this.

on 5/6/2011 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I've been using this for years and I believe nothing can replace it. The smell is yummy, might heavy for some but I really like it. It's like real coconuts with a hint of chocolate! I can even smell it the next day on my skin and the sheets, hehe!
The texture is creamy and quite thick, but not annoying.
Moisturisation is amazing and along with the smell is the reason why I buy this over and over again although it's pricey.
And I also like the tab 'cause there is no product wasted!

A con is that it can be too much during the summer.

Edit: minus one lippie and ''no'' for repurchasing. I don't know if my taste or my body chemistry has changed but I just opened a new tub and smells very artificial. Too bad...

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Love, love, love, love the Body Shop Body Butters!!!!!!!!! Coconut is one of the more hydrating butters, and the smell reminds me of summer. I like to use this body butter especially in the winter when my skin gets super dry. It can be slightly greasy, but I put it on before bed (with sweats or cotton pj pants) and when I wake up my skin is incredibly soft and smooth. The price is a little on the expensive side, but keep an eye out and you can stock up for more reasonable price when they are on sale.

Top Rated The Body Shop Products