July 31, 2014 | 1350 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Coconut Body Butter

rated 2 of 5 on 1/18/2011 10:30:00 PM More reviews by hazelnut87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Although the scent did smell synthetic, that isn't what bothered me so much. What bothered me was the way it felt on my skin. My skin has been dryer than normal so I wanted to try this in place of my normal moisturizer. It felt SO disgusting on my skin. . . sticky. . . like I had been sweating. I try to find the best in things (hence the 2 lippies for the semi-okay smell) but I really don't see how people enjoy this product. Yuck!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2011 5:00:00 AM More reviews by leyan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Nice scent, not too strong and it gives you a.... Tropical feeling... I guess. But whatevs, it feels good and moisturizes well. However too pricey for only 200ml. I will not use this precious butter everyday, maybe every once or twice in a week when my body's on the mood to be pampered.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2011 4:48:00 AM More reviews by soclutch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this product. Anything coconut scented is right up my alley. It's a great product and really moisturizes well.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2010 8:33:00 PM More reviews by mystere69

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow! Once again, I am amazed by another product from The Body Shop. This is my new favourite body butter and one of my favourite skin care and body products. It moisturizes really well without smelling too bad. For some reason, whenever I put it on, I start smelling like Play Doh, which is the only thing I don't like about this product. I love the thick texture, as it dosen't leave your skin oily either and it absorbs really well. I will really start stocking up on these when there is another 3 for $30 sale. It left my very dry hands soft and smooth during the first night of usage and prevented my hands from getting itchy during the dry cold day. It is a really great product and is worth every penny. I'm glad I added this excellent award-winning body butter into my daily regime, and wished I did so earlier.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2010 4:11:00 PM More reviews by dawl_1015

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchase this in the fall/winter along with the Mango butter. I have very dry skin in the cooler months and I love The Body Shop butters (for dry skin) to keep me moisturized and smooth. I love the scent of this product, it smells like coconut but also slightly tropical... it reminds me of the scent of the Hawaiian Tropic tanning oils. Loveee it. I always get a thousand compliments on how I "smell delicious", sometimes from complete strangers, so that's always nice! The texture is a bit thicker than the other butters, but works amazingly well.... it keeps all the scaley/dry bits at bay and makes my entire body super soft. I feel hydrated after using it. I especially love this before I go outside, because it almost acts as a barrier between the cold and my skin. I use this all over, including on my face... just don't do that if you're acne prone or something, might not be a good idea... But for me, it's an amazing winter night cream and locks all the moisture into my face. I always stock up when these go on sale for 3 for $30... I will definately repurchase! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2010 2:24:00 AM More reviews by iramasson

This butter is very moisturising but I find the smell really overpowering. I normally adore coconut aromas but this butter has very sharp notes when on my body. Maybe the chemistry of my body doesn't work well with it just like it happens with perfumes...I went to sleep with it on and felt quite sick from the smell.

I do love the feeling of it on the skin. It is fairly thick and makes my skin very smooth. I recommend it to those who are not bothered by the smell.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2010 7:23:00 PM More reviews by organized

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I did buy this, twice.

The scent is heavenly, and until I found Soap and Glory's Righteous Butter, it was the best consistency hand cream I'd found that would work well in a "sample jar" in my purse.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2010 3:44:00 PM More reviews by azraelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Iīm using this as a "handcream" and itīs always in my purse as soon as the autum begins. Itīs really moisturizing and the scent.. oh my gosh the scent... if you love coconut you will want to eat this hehehe I prefer using this during the autum and winter as it makes me feel warm (thinking about the beach, sun, pina coladas...). My sister gave this to me last year as a birthday present (dunno.. lots of people give me beauty kits for birthday.. seems to be known that I like cosmetics, so you will read lots of my reviews beginning with "my *enter name or a relative* gave me this for birthday") with a coconut shower gel and theres still lots of product left so this lasts very long (the shower gel was empty really fast hehehe).

rated 3 of 5 on 8/22/2010 1:35:00 AM More reviews by lulabellabeauty

I love how this smells! I love smells with coconut though. It doesn't sink in too well, but it does moisturize. I find it a bit greasy too. But because of the smell, I love it anyway!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2010 10:06:00 AM More reviews by maan84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've always been a fan of the TBS body butters and this one is no exception. I like the nice coconut scent and it is very moisturizing. The texture is just perfect and it sinks into the skin quite fast. A little goes a long way so it's not that expensive when you think about it.
I will definitely repurchase but I'm also interested in trying more of the scents. I don't love the coconut scent though, I think I will find other scents that are equally as good or maybe even nicer than the coconut one. continued >>