Clinique Blended Face Powder and Brush

3.9

INGREDIENTS FOR COLOR 20 INVISIBLE BLEND: Talc, Silica, Kaolin, Magnesium Carbonate, HDI/PPG/Polycaprolactone Crosspolymer, Squalane, Zinc stearate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, MAY CONTAIN: [+/- Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), Manganese Violet (Cl 77742), Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891), Mica, Ferric Ferrocyanide (Cl 77510), Carmine (Cl 75470), Bismuth Oxychloride (Cl 77163), Ultramarines (Cl 77007)] [ILN33455].

I bought this in translusent and I love it! It sets in my foundation perfectly and gives me a little shimmer. The brush it came with is nice but the bristles come off after a while.

on 1/21/2009 10:10:00 AM

I have this in Transparency Bronze and in my opinion, it is the best all-over face powder to give your skin that perfect tan "glow". The color seems rather dark in the container but it's subtle if you apply it with a light hand. It comes in a sifter container so you can use as much or as little as you want and it's pretty good to travel with. The brush that comes with it is unfortunately useless so I toss it. But you get a lot of product for the $19 that it costs so I will continue to purchase and re-purchase as it is for sure one of my HG items!!!

on 1/17/2009 1:32:00 AM

I got it in invisble and it was good it helped blend my foundation more into my face it was a great product and i would buy again

on 12/19/2008 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This powder is like one of those quiet champions. It is not glamorous to buy, but it performs beautifully. Very sheer, undetectable finish on my pale, cool toned skin. It is so sheer that I imagine most people could find a shadefor them. This tones down shine well and makes foundation last. I've realized that I've tended not to appreciate it as much as I should because it's not glamorous to me. How unfair! I highly recommend this star performer!

on 12/19/2008 4:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I have used this for a few years in Transparency 3. I see there are additional colors, which would be interesting to test when I need more. It feels light when applied and lasts. Feels silky and is not obvious at all. Works alone or with any foundations- to date I have not had a problem with this.

on 12/3/2008 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I received a sample of this powder in Invisible Blend as a gift with purchase. On my very fair skin with pink undertones, this powder was hardly invisible! It was too yellow and too dark for my skin. I prefer pressed powders because they are more convenient for travel, but if I were looking for a loose powder, I certainly would not purchase this one! It may work for people with a different skin tone, though.

Ingredients: talc, silica, kaolin, magnesium carbonate, hdi/ppg/polycaprolactone crosspolymer, squalane, zinc stearate, sorbitan sesquioleate, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, triethoxycaprylsilane, phenoxyethanol. May contain: iron oxides, manganese violet, titanium dioxide, mica, ferric ferrocyanide, carmine, bismuth oxychloride, ultramarines. continued >>

on 12/3/2008 3:10:00 PM

I absolutely love this powder! It's the most natural looking powder I've ever used. It has such a smooth finish, not cakey or powdery at all. It keeps my foundation looking flawless all day and longer. The oil control is fantastic; I don't have to blot nearly as much as I have in the past with other powders. I especially love how it is both matte and "glowy" at the same time. Even when I start to look a little shiny, I never look greasy, just dewy. The Invisible Blend shade is perfect because it's yellow based, and those of you who also have yellow undertones, know how difficult it can be to find a pale, yellow based powder. Hands down, this is my HG and if it ever runs out--there's a ton of product in the container--I'll definitely buy it again!

on 12/1/2008 7:00:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

HG! I am a PPP, neutral/cool, and have used this for years! I have always worn Transparency Neutral but there are newer shades that I have not yet looked into....but I'm always the lightest shade in foundations/powders and have a hard time finding foundations/powders to match my light skin and the Transparency Neutral color is a great color for me. This is such a great setting powder that leaves a nice, matte finish. It gives a tad bit of coverage and it also does great wearing it by itself. This does not break out my sensitive/acne prone skin and I love that there is no scent. I've tried higher end loose powders but always come back to this. I will continue using this forever!

EDIT: I'm a PPP and have since tried the newer lighter colors offered but they make my skin look gray (especially Invisible Blend)! PPP girls should stick with the shade Transparancy Neutral....still my fave and has been my HG for years!

on 10/3/2008 6:32:00 PM

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

UPDATE (2012-02-17): BOYCOTTING RE. CURRENT ANIMAL TESTING FOR CHINESE MARKET

Yes, this is a very simple powder. Yes, it has no frills. And that's the point. It works and is reliable. I used this off and on for decades; until developed sensitivity to bismuth oxychloride. Some of its many advantages:

(1) No fragrance, contains mainly talc, little irritation.

(2) A not unreasonable colour selection. As ever, Laura Mercier, Mac, Prescriptives etc. have a bigger range. But they're a lot more expensive here in Europe, and harder to find.

(3) Including one (two if you're outside Europe) that work on pale redheads. 02 Transparency 2 is pink enough to work with our pale-blue-lavender undertone, and doesn't oxidise (this is a weird redhead thing: we freak makeup out that way; more acidic skin, purportedly). But applied with a light hand - it is slightly pink. 01 is very very pale, almost white, and ace on the pale in most seasons. Can be mixed in with 02 to make it paler: if your skin changes shade through the year, it's worth buying both. 01 has been discontinued in Europe apparently. Doubtless, as ever, because it's great and because it's good on us redheads. I shall stop there before I go off on my habitual rant on rampant anti-redhead discrimination.

(4) Nice fine texture, goes on smoothly, doesn't settle in cracks and crevices, makes one look airbrushed. Put on too much and yes, you'll look a bit chalky and dusty.

(5) Works with a range of application techniques depending on your skin. For drier skin, just apply with a powder brush - I found the recommended rub-down settled on every (small-scale, obv.) peak and in every hollow, and accentuated flaky bits. The powder comes with a small retractable brush; I happen to prefer a softer synthetic one (currenty Muji and The Body Shop, using the one when the other has been washed and is drying out).

(6) Produces the required results. Makes skin look more or less flawless, smoothed out, "finished"; I use it just on top of sunscreen for every day; can also be used to set foundation. Can be used dabbed strategically onto localised imperfections, like a powder-concealer.

Cost EUR 27.50 I think. Lasts at least two years. I've never finished one - either accidentally broke or lost it, usually moving house, to bring the poor creature to an untimely and undeserved end. After all its hard work. I hope this praise is of some consolation. It is great stuff (the old bismuth business aside).

INGREDIENTS: talc - zinc stearate - magnesium carbonate - kaolin - squalane - isopropyl myristate - trisodium edta - potassium sorbate - methylparaben - butylparaben - propylparaben - [ (may contain) titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - mica - iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, 77499) - bismuth oxychloride (ci 777163) - ultramarines (ci 77007) - manganese violet (ci 77742) - carmine (ci 75470) - ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)] continued >>

on 10/3/2008 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

WOW, this is the only powder able to control my oily skin for more than 4 hours without giving my face a overpowdery sickening look: it makes my skin soft and silky.
I'm using it w/o foundation after my Olay moisturizer and the effect is awesome. I haven't feel such a pleasure in touching my face in years (sure, I don't keep touching it all the time lol)
For those reviewers that compare it with NYC translucent: I've try the two of them side by side, this one renders my skin soft and young looking; the NYC has more tendency to cake and when I look closer my skin looks line-y and dead, like 10 years older. Besides, the staying and oil controlling power of this Clinique product is awesome, or at least it is working great for me.
I'd have taken a lippie off because of the price, but since the package is 35g it'll last me till the next gift time @ The Bay or Sears, then I'll get some extra good stuff :)

Recommended for Normal Skin