April 18, 2014 | 1928 users online

Loose Powders - Clinique - Blended Face Powder and Brush

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2008 6:25:00 PM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received a sample of this powder in Invisible Blend as a gift with purchase. On my very fair skin with pink undertones, this powder was hardly invisible! It was too yellow and too dark for my skin. I prefer pressed powders because they are more convenient for travel, but if I were looking for a loose powder, I certainly would not purchase this one! It may work for people with a different skin tone, though.

Ingredients: talc, silica, kaolin, magnesium carbonate, hdi/ppg/polycaprolactone crosspolymer, squalane, zinc stearate, sorbitan sesquioleate, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, triethoxycaprylsilane, phenoxyethanol. May contain: iron oxides, manganese violet, titanium dioxide, mica, ferric ferrocyanide, carmine, bismuth oxychloride, ultramarines. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2008 3:10:00 PM More reviews by afaceofsmile

I absolutely love this powder! It's the most natural looking powder I've ever used. It has such a smooth finish, not cakey or powdery at all. It keeps my foundation looking flawless all day and longer. The oil control is fantastic; I don't have to blot nearly as much as I have in the past with other powders. I especially love how it is both matte and "glowy" at the same time. Even when I start to look a little shiny, I never look greasy, just dewy. The Invisible Blend shade is perfect because it's yellow based, and those of you who also have yellow undertones, know how difficult it can be to find a pale, yellow based powder. Hands down, this is my HG and if it ever runs out--there's a ton of product in the container--I'll definitely buy it again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2008 7:00:00 AM More reviews by jawbreaker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

HG! I am a PPP, neutral/cool, and have used this for years! I have always worn Transparency Neutral but there are newer shades that I have not yet looked into....but I'm always the lightest shade in foundations/powders and have a hard time finding foundations/powders to match my light skin and the Transparency Neutral color is a great color for me. This is such a great setting powder that leaves a nice, matte finish. It gives a tad bit of coverage and it also does great wearing it by itself. This does not break out my sensitive/acne prone skin and I love that there is no scent. I've tried higher end loose powders but always come back to this. I will continue using this forever!

EDIT: I'm a PPP and have since tried the newer lighter colors offered but they make my skin look gray (especially Invisible Blend)! PPP girls should stick with the shade Transparancy Neutral....still my fave and has been my HG for years!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2008 6:32:00 PM More reviews by gingerrama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

UPDATE (2012-02-17): BOYCOTTING RE. CURRENT ANIMAL TESTING FOR CHINESE MARKET

Yes, this is a very simple powder. Yes, it has no frills. And that's the point. It works and is reliable. I used this off and on for decades; until developed sensitivity to bismuth oxychloride. Some of its many advantages:

(1) No fragrance, contains mainly talc, little irritation.

(2) A not unreasonable colour selection. As ever, Laura Mercier, Mac, Prescriptives etc. have a bigger range. But they're a lot more expensive here in Europe, and harder to find.

(3) Including one (two if you're outside Europe) that work on pale redheads. 02 Transparency 2 is pink enough to work with our pale-blue-lavender undertone, and doesn't oxidise (this is a weird redhead thing: we freak makeup out that way; more acidic skin, purportedly). But applied with a light hand - it is slightly pink. 01 is very very pale, almost white, and ace on the pale in most seasons. Can be mixed in with 02 to make it paler: if your skin changes shade through the year, it's worth buying both. 01 has been discontinued in Europe apparently. Doubtless, as ever, because it's great and because it's good on us redheads. I shall stop there before I go off on my habitual rant on rampant anti-redhead discrimination.

(4) Nice fine texture, goes on smoothly, doesn't settle in cracks and crevices, makes one look airbrushed. Put on too much and yes, you'll look a bit chalky and dusty.

(5) Works with a range of application techniques depending on your skin. For drier skin, just apply with a powder brush - I found the recommended rub-down settled on every (small-scale, obv.) peak and in every hollow, and accentuated flaky bits. The powder comes with a small retractable brush; I happen to prefer a softer synthetic one (currenty Muji and The Body Shop, using the one when the other has been washed and is drying out).

(6) Produces the required results. Makes skin look more or less flawless, smoothed out, "finished"; I use it just on top of sunscreen for every day; can also be used to set foundation. Can be used dabbed strategically onto localised imperfections, like a powder-concealer.

Cost EUR 27.50 I think. Lasts at least two years. I've never finished one - either accidentally broke or lost it, usually moving house, to bring the poor creature to an untimely and undeserved end. After all its hard work. I hope this praise is of some consolation. It is great stuff (the old bismuth business aside).

INGREDIENTS: talc - zinc stearate - magnesium carbonate - kaolin - squalane - isopropyl myristate - trisodium edta - potassium sorbate - methylparaben - butylparaben - propylparaben - [ (may contain) titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - mica - iron oxides (ci 77491, 77492, 77499) - bismuth oxychloride (ci 777163) - ultramarines (ci 77007) - manganese violet (ci 77742) - carmine (ci 75470) - ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)] continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2008 5:54:00 PM More reviews by marerahappy

WOW, this is the only powder able to control my oily skin for more than 4 hours without giving my face a overpowdery sickening look: it makes my skin soft and silky.
I'm using it w/o foundation after my Olay moisturizer and the effect is awesome. I haven't feel such a pleasure in touching my face in years (sure, I don't keep touching it all the time lol)
For those reviewers that compare it with NYC translucent: I've try the two of them side by side, this one renders my skin soft and young looking; the NYC has more tendency to cake and when I look closer my skin looks line-y and dead, like 10 years older. Besides, the staying and oil controlling power of this Clinique product is awesome, or at least it is working great for me.
I'd have taken a lippie off because of the price, but since the package is 35g it'll last me till the next gift time @ The Bay or Sears, then I'll get some extra good stuff :)

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2008 9:57:00 PM More reviews by annak5506

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i got this in transparency 4 plus to use as a bronzer. there is SO much makeup in the container. i dont wear foundation so it comes off pretty easily on me. it was worth the money though. the only reason i wont buy it again is because i dont know if i will ever use it all! hated the brush though. its way too small.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2008 1:41:00 PM More reviews by pupster

I have been trying this in the invisible blend shade. This was a freebie in a GWP but I will buy the full size when it runs out. This may replace my HG Merle Norman Luxiva flawless effect loose powder in translucent, this seems to be much finer milled and absorbs oil better in my T zone. Coverage is nice and light and breathable.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2008 5:34:00 PM More reviews by horkusone

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great stuff that everyone should have in their arsenal. It is great at setting my foundation and smoothing out anything that was not already covered. A nice and light powder that never looks powdery.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2008 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Ayusdream

I got this in number20 invisible blend, it is not transparent as what they claimed it supposed to be, it just adds a little color to my skin, other than that, it is pretty good

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2008 4:54:00 PM More reviews by Live4Beauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's just eh. I think this product is finely milled and keeps oil at bay, however it makes an awful mess. I mean even if you're super careful when dipping your brush in, I feel like this gets on my clothes, my towels, and all over my vanity. I still have a ton left and I'll use it when I run out of my NEW HG (MUFE HD powder, which I'll review seperately) and I'm not crazy about the little brush it comes with. It's just too small if you're doing your whole face. Just eh, nothing overly special about this.