St. Ives Apricot Scrub

3.6

Price: $

Price: $

Invigorating- Ingredients-Water (Aqua), Juglans Mandschurica Shell Powder (Walnut), Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Zea Mays Kernel Meal (Corn), Cetyl Alcohol, Linoleamide DEA, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Lanolin Oil, Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil (Apricot), Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Helianthus Annuus Extract (Sunflower), Chamomilla Recutita Extract (Matricaria), Ceteareth 20, Polysorbate 60, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) ***Oily/acne prone- Ingredients-Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid (2%) (For treatment of acne) Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetyl Alcohol, Trithanolamine, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Carbomer, Ceteareth 20, Cetyl Acetate, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) 6/1/09

on 8/9/2014 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

I guess one good thing about this scrub is the price and smell. One thing I do not like about it is that you have to avoid your eyes... because it hurts when some of the rough beads get inside your eyes. On the exfoliating scale.. I would say it's medium to deep. It does not do a deep exfoliating because the beads are not rough enough. Afterward my skin usually feels clean and soft.

on 8/6/2014 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE this scrub! It's probably my favorite face scrub because I always find myself gravitating towards it. I've been using this scrub for more than 5 years now, on and off, but I truly feel this scrub works well for me (I've tried others too). AND!! You can't complain about the price... it's affordable! My face feels very clean everytime I use it. I also think it helped deminish some of my blemishes after many use.

on 8/4/2014 1:04:00 AM

Honestly, nothing this abrasive should be going on anyone's face. Ever. It feels like sandpaper because it pretty much is - it leaves microtears in the skin. There are far gentler ways to exfoliate... like a clean washcloth, or even salicylic acid.

Gets a point for smelling nice.

on 7/30/2014 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this product thinking I would use it as a weekly scrub for my face but it turned out to feel like sandpaper being scraped across my face

Pros: it's great for exfoliating your legs before shaving
I mix a very small amount with my facial cleanser so I can use it on my face
It has a light apricot scent

Cons: didn't do much for my skin (no changes in acne or oilyness)
Too rough for my face
Didn't get the super clean feeling on my face after using it

on 7/28/2014 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

I bought this to use as my weekly exfoliator and I really wanted it to work out, but this was a total disaster. I started off by using this two times a week on my skin, but it completely broke me out. I went back to my regular cleansing routine and the damage was gone in a week. This may work out for someone with tougher skin, but it's way too rough and abrasive for sensitive skin.

on 7/28/2014 8:18:00 PM

Ive been using this every day for about 5 years, and it keeps me acne free and smooth. Amazing product

on 7/25/2014 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this product! it makes my face super soft, doesn't break me out, and removes all the dead skin. Definitely a favorite and I will keep repurchasing.

on 7/20/2014 6:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have tried 5 St. Ives face scrubs & I'll review them all here.

**Original apricot scrub: 4/5. It's a bit too scratchy for my face, delicious scent, rinses clean & leaves skin feeling smooth/soft.
**Blemish control apricot scrub: 3/5. Again, it's a bit too rough/scratchy, leaves a slightly 'tacky/sticky' residue on my skin, smells nice like the original.
**Sensitive apricot scrub: 5/5. This scrub is perfect, it has smaller exfoliating granules, foams up so it washes the skin & scrubs too & smells delicious like the original.
**Green tea scrub: 1/5. Perfect size exfoliating bits(small & gentle), however, this scrub makes my face beat red & hot, it also smells rank & herbal which I did not enjoy.
**Pink lemon brightening scrub: 5/5. Gentle exfoliating bits, lathers while exfoliating, smells like Trident strawberry-lime gum, rinses clean. (This scrub has gentler exfoliating bits in it than the ''sensitive apricot scrub'' which makes it more suitable for daily use IMO.)

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

this stuff is amazing. and the smell is fantastic. i love me some st ives. they nailed it right on the head

on 6/23/2014 6:33:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have pretty oily skin and while experts say not to exfoliate every day (I know, I know) I use this about four times a week. I haven't experienced skin damage (been using since middle school!), and since my acne days are mostly over, this is an excellent preventative treatment. Super cleansing and smells great. My routine usually consists of this in the shower and when I'm out, a gentle foaming wash + moisturizer.