July 29, 2014 | 1520 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Apricot Scrub

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this product since I started getting breakouts at 13-14 years old. It is one of the best scrubs on the drugstore shelves.

-the smell is great. smells like fresh cut apricots with a clean smell.
-quite abrasive and large particles. if you don't like rougher scrubs you wont like this. its very similar to a sugar scrub. nice thick creamy consistency. you dont need much to cover your whole face.
-you can feel it's doing its job. after i get done using it my skin is so smooth and soft! not bumpy, not flaky.
-great price! 4 dollars at my walgreens. cant beat that!
-i see people here saying that it cuts your face is bad for your skin. im pretty sure any scrub can do harm if it's used too much or not used properly. the scrub will do most of the work for you! you dont have to grind the stuff into your face, be gentle and let the scrub work its magic.

I use this 2-3 times a week, sometimes in the shower sometimes out of the shower. It was put to the real test this week since I had final exams in school and my skin was in bad shape from not sleeping enough, stress and a poor diet. My skin got really dry, patchy and just uncomfortable, it lost it's glow as well. This stuff saved my skin. It made me look like myself again. will repurchase again and again!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2013 8:54:00 AM More reviews by Desmetval

When I first started to use this scrub, I liked it. The smell was great, my skin was feeling fresh & clean. And of course, afterwards I used a good moisturizer.
I was so delighted! So, I kept on using this product 2-3 times a week (like it says on the package)

BUT, after a few weeks, my skin felt very dry and uncomfortable. I think this product is too harsh on my skin. And I am scared that I might damage or scar my skin.

So if you have a very oily skin, this might be the product for you. But people who have my skin type (Combination skin) should use a more gentle scrub. So I won't be repurchasing this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by TayGraham

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have acne prone skin and I use this once a week in conjunction with other acne treatments. People say it makes tears in your skin, and that might be true but not for me. If you use a dime size and let the beads do the work instead of scrubbing like a maniac you might see a difference. I know I do. I love this stuff but be careful...it's a scrub. Not meant to be used everyday ! 3x a week at the most !

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2013 4:15:00 PM More reviews by savannahxoh

I don't care what anyone says about this being harmful to your skin. If it works, it works. I've been duped into ditching this scrub for Lush's Ocean Salt, and I will forever hold that against Lush. They told me "St. Ives leaves microscopic scarring and cuts on your face." What they did not tell me is that their Ocean Salt Scrub would GIVE MY CONSTANT CLEAR SKIN ACNE LIKE CRAZY. I should have known, there were all sorts of oils, vodka, and lime juice in it. Salt is extremely harsh and drying, too. St. Ives works absolute miracles. Any exfoliant is going to "scratch your face," that's the whole point of exfoliating dead skin cells off, for Christ's sake. You just must be gentle. This scrub will clear your acne, it has kept me clear for years. So cheap, can buy it anywhere, convenient packing that won't gather bacteria, all around great product.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2013 1:58:00 AM More reviews by Calliopi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the scent of this scrub, but it's just too harsh to use on my skin. I use a wet washcloth to exfoliate nightly & a leave on 10% aha treatment a few times per week with great results :)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2013 1:06:00 PM More reviews by beautylatte

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This has been a part of my beauty routine for over 15 years now! The exfoliant is large-grained, and my view is that it's too harsh for daily use. But for me it's great as a weekly exfoliating treatment! A little bit goes a long way. I use light circular motions on my cheeks and forehead in the shower. It polishes my skin and makes it feel smooth. This is a product I will always have on hand for exfoliation! In that regard it is HG for me.

I deducted 2 lippies because it's too harsh to use as a "daily cleanser" and I think people can damage their skin if they use this long-term on a daily basis. I know a lot of people do but they shouldn't. The grains, like I said, are too coarse and using this heavily can tear and damage the skin! Use gently and occasionally for best results!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2013 10:00:00 AM More reviews by amoebaseven

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My sister and I have almost identical skin types. She has been using the St. Ives Apricot Scrub for more than 10 years now. Her skin is a disaster! The scrub tears your pores open and damages skin!! My sister's face looks cratered and her pores are huge. We both have oily skin, but mine is in much better shape because I stopped using this damaging scrub!

Of course it feels good and smells good in the short term, but beware of long term, irreversible damage!

Find a scrub with smaller beads and less abrasiveness.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by apricot292

love the smell! Makes my skin look bright and clean.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2013 10:30:00 PM More reviews by jwinter00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Meeeh, I got this stuff during a double coupon day at Pharmasave and so I got it for super cheap so I figured I'd try it out. I have really dry, flaky skin and so I like a really tough exfoliator to make my skin nice and smooth, which this does! My only issue with it is that I can never get it off. Like seriously, if you use this, you will be pulling little apricot flavored beads out of your hair like and crevices between your nose all day. Like there is no possible way to get them all off, I've tried. So it was a good-ish product but it's definitely not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by wileenkristanto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the one true product which i swear by for the past 8 years. I love how this scrub feels like a scrub. It's a true exfoliant, and leaves your skin fresh and smooth after a single wash.

This product is creamy, with a lot of beads. These beads seem to be crushed up seeds? I'm not too sure, but rest assure they're not synthetic. Don't seem like it anyways.

I usually use this after a tense soccer practice to get the mud out of my skin, and also after a long day of makeup on.