December 22, 2014 | 942 users online

Cleansers - Albolene cleanser

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2010 5:46:00 AM More reviews by peunwha

i don't know what to say about this product..
hmm.. there are pro and cons.

Good: super cheap
working well as cleanser
mild, not irritating, no fragrance almost

Bad: it's like vaseline and remains subside on my face.
(but in the point that everyone has to wash face once more with foarming cleanser after using cleanse oil ( or cream). it's no big problem.)

so if you are ok with that, you can buy , but if you really don't like feeling vaseline film on your face after you apply it, then avoid.

for me, it's cheap , works well, mild and I always wash once more with foaming cleanser after oil cleanser , so it's ok to me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2010 11:46:00 PM More reviews by Jinhee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Along with my trusty pond's cold cream, Albolene is my go-to cleanser for deep cleaning. I use it once a week, usually with my bath. I apply liberally and wet a towel with hot water and put it over my face while I condition my hair. I simply rinse off and moisturize. Clean, glowing, smooth, moisturized skin that look and feel so good.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2010 12:26:00 AM More reviews by hawaiian_tropic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HG would have never bought this if it wasn't for mua. Takes off makeup perfectly, no stinging,irritation,left over makeup on face. Even works with stubborn mascara. I use this and wash off with warm water and washcloth....followed by my favorite cleanser. I like this even more then DHC cleansing oil, clinique take the day off balm,etc. Leaves my face baby soft and somehow makes it clearer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2010 10:32:00 PM More reviews by DebbieB43

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love the feel of this product dissolving and melting away make-up that has been on all day. This looks like vaseline, takes very little product, rub it all over, even the eyes, no burning, then tissue off, or I prefer a warm wet cloth. Skin is left baby soft! Sometimes I follow up with Purity cleanser, but it's not a necessity. Best part....this is cheap, and can be found in most drugstores!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2010 8:28:00 AM More reviews by PattyLovesMakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

My mom recently bought this. I've never used it to remove makeup so I cannot comment on that but I use for my eczema. This summer has been bad for my eczema with all this heat and humidity. Albolene instantly soothes my skin and takes away redness almost instantly.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2010 5:52:00 AM More reviews by Violet333

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

My HG eye makeup remover. My grandmother used this stuff and her skin was flawless. I use waterproof everything (mascara, liners) and then set everything with Benefit's She Laq. Removal of my makeup with anything else is impossible. I used to use Almay products but found I was developing fine lines around my eyes and I'd shed lashes. My trick with the Albolene is to scoop some onto a cotton round and then lay the round over my eyes for a short while. It takes one swipe to get off all the shadow and liner, and then I gently rub it back and forth on my lashes. When done, I rinse my whole face with a organic soap that my friends make: http://rosnersoap.com/. A winning combination.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2010 1:59:00 AM More reviews by paradigmsubvert

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As most of the other reviewers have said- it is a great moisturizer and takes off the mascara like no other! I have dry skin, and love that I've finally found something that seriously moisturizes my face while removing all mascara traces. The only other product I've found that can make the same claim is Lush's Babyface cleanser.

Will definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2010 2:11:00 PM More reviews by jarona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is my H/G of facial cleansers. I am never without this stuff and it is not that easy to find. Whenever I find it, I make note of where I purchased it--it is THAT good.

Albolene Moisterizing Cleanser has a lard-crisco-like consistency. There is no scent. It is gooey-greasy and slimey. It is gloopy and oily and I absolutely love it! I love the fact that makeup just melts off. I love the fact that my face is not dry after I wipe it off and rinse my face.
I love the fact that I no longer use soap on my face.
This is great for all skin! I just wish it were easier to find!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2010 6:51:00 PM More reviews by sarahandj

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

12 dollars for 12 ounces. Ingredients: MIneral oil, petrolatum,parraffin,ceressin and beta carotene. I am 46 years old, two years ago my skin went ultra sensitive with dry patches and rosecea! Aaah! Went the all natural route, unrefined shea and oil etc. Soothed for awhile, did nothing on dry patches and redness.
Railed for years against every ingredient in here! the dermo said three days ago to use nothing except metrogel and this and pure vaseline!
Yeah right ...mmh out of pure frustration I did it! Fearing the worst...well my skin has already reduces redness and dry patches. This is soothing beyond belief! Miracle!
Before anyone gets upset, I love natural products and and still use them on body! But the dermo insisted that medical grade mineral oil and vaseline are pure and trap the moisture in! Paula Begone says the hype against this is put out by the nautral companies and even thoug I take everything with a grain of salt, this works for me!!!
A little science mixed in with nature whatever, and educated informed choices make a huge difference. Vaseline and mineral oil do hod the water in so skin can repair itself.
If you get desperate enough and have rosecea eczema(now studies prove it helps) try it! I also slathered it one and removed it with an index card, per their website and tons of icky greyish dead skin came off! Just my opinion, but wow! Soft skin! Plus its so fun to use!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2010 1:56:00 AM More reviews by loverofmkup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I never would have tried this product if I hadn't read the reviews here, so thank you MUA for helping me find another wonderful product. I love this cleanser. It is very affordable & you get a huge amount. I never thought that something so greasy feeling could be a good cleanser, but it is. It takes off all my makeup without stripping my combo/oily skin, yet it makes my skin have such a beautiful glow afterwards. I don't get that tight feeling from foaming cleansers that over-dry oily skins. My skin feels clean, wonderfully moisturized but not greasy or oily & my makeup comes all off!! I even see improvements in my fine lines, so I would def. recommend & will repurchase once I run out, which from the size of it, seems like it will be in a long time!