January 25, 2015 | 1943 users online

Cleansers - Albolene cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2010 6:46:00 PM More reviews by Juno77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Edit. This doesn't break me out. Everything ELSE I was using was breaking me out. This is the ONLY cleanser in the drugstore I can use without drying out my face, and I'm quite oily, I couldn't even use Cetaphil without over drying my face. It seem I was completely wrong about petrolatum/mineral oil, it doesnt seem to be comedogenic, because im SUPER acne-prone, and have very sensitive skin and its not making it worse.

The only thing I dislike about this is taking it off. I appreciate how cleansing oils emulsify and are easy to rinse off. This has to be wiped off. Im afraid of causing more saging in my skin. But aside from that this works very well. I must try to use a washcloth with hot water to remove it instead of toilet paper. Im exited that this might just replace my moisturizer as well. Well see!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2010 12:28:00 PM More reviews by rebslo

Yes, it does look like a tub of petroleum jelly and takes getting used to- but I love it for removing make up. I message a generous amount all over my face and wipe off residue with a warm washcloth. It feels like I am giving myself a home facial. Some are turned off by the oil like feeling but if you massage for a while, you will feel the oil dislodging blackheads. Sometimes I follow with a foaming cleanser- but either way I don't feel greasy afterwards. Of course no extra lotion/cream is needed. I feel clean and moisurized.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2010 2:37:00 PM More reviews by Terri50

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the best make up remover on the market! Waterproof mascara, gone. Long wearing foundation, and lipstains... Gone. Leaves your face smooth and clean. Huge jar for around $12.00!
Love it, and will always repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2010 5:46:00 AM More reviews by peunwha

i don't know what to say about this product..
hmm.. there are pro and cons.

Good: super cheap
working well as cleanser
mild, not irritating, no fragrance almost

Bad: it's like vaseline and remains subside on my face.
(but in the point that everyone has to wash face once more with foarming cleanser after using cleanse oil ( or cream). it's no big problem.)

so if you are ok with that, you can buy , but if you really don't like feeling vaseline film on your face after you apply it, then avoid.

for me, it's cheap , works well, mild and I always wash once more with foaming cleanser after oil cleanser , so it's ok to me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2010 11:46:00 PM More reviews by Jinhee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Along with my trusty pond's cold cream, Albolene is my go-to cleanser for deep cleaning. I use it once a week, usually with my bath. I apply liberally and wet a towel with hot water and put it over my face while I condition my hair. I simply rinse off and moisturize. Clean, glowing, smooth, moisturized skin that look and feel so good.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2010 12:26:00 AM More reviews by hawaiian_tropic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

HG would have never bought this if it wasn't for mua. Takes off makeup perfectly, no stinging,irritation,left over makeup on face. Even works with stubborn mascara. I use this and wash off with warm water and washcloth....followed by my favorite cleanser. I like this even more then DHC cleansing oil, clinique take the day off balm,etc. Leaves my face baby soft and somehow makes it clearer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/18/2010 10:32:00 PM More reviews by DebbieB43

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love the feel of this product dissolving and melting away make-up that has been on all day. This looks like vaseline, takes very little product, rub it all over, even the eyes, no burning, then tissue off, or I prefer a warm wet cloth. Skin is left baby soft! Sometimes I follow up with Purity cleanser, but it's not a necessity. Best part....this is cheap, and can be found in most drugstores!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2010 8:28:00 AM More reviews by PattyLovesMakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Hazel

My mom recently bought this. I've never used it to remove makeup so I cannot comment on that but I use for my eczema. This summer has been bad for my eczema with all this heat and humidity. Albolene instantly soothes my skin and takes away redness almost instantly.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2010 5:52:00 AM More reviews by Violet333

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

My HG eye makeup remover. My grandmother used this stuff and her skin was flawless. I use waterproof everything (mascara, liners) and then set everything with Benefit's She Laq. Removal of my makeup with anything else is impossible. I used to use Almay products but found I was developing fine lines around my eyes and I'd shed lashes. My trick with the Albolene is to scoop some onto a cotton round and then lay the round over my eyes for a short while. It takes one swipe to get off all the shadow and liner, and then I gently rub it back and forth on my lashes. When done, I rinse my whole face with a organic soap that my friends make: http://rosnersoap.com/. A winning combination.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2010 1:59:00 AM More reviews by paradigmsubvert

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As most of the other reviewers have said- it is a great moisturizer and takes off the mascara like no other! I have dry skin, and love that I've finally found something that seriously moisturizes my face while removing all mascara traces. The only other product I've found that can make the same claim is Lush's Babyface cleanser.

Will definitely buy again!