October 25, 2014 | 1875 users online

Cleansers - Albolene cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2010 5:52:00 AM More reviews by Violet333

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

My HG eye makeup remover. My grandmother used this stuff and her skin was flawless. I use waterproof everything (mascara, liners) and then set everything with Benefit's She Laq. Removal of my makeup with anything else is impossible. I used to use Almay products but found I was developing fine lines around my eyes and I'd shed lashes. My trick with the Albolene is to scoop some onto a cotton round and then lay the round over my eyes for a short while. It takes one swipe to get off all the shadow and liner, and then I gently rub it back and forth on my lashes. When done, I rinse my whole face with a organic soap that my friends make: http://rosnersoap.com/. A winning combination.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2010 1:59:00 AM More reviews by paradigmsubvert

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As most of the other reviewers have said- it is a great moisturizer and takes off the mascara like no other! I have dry skin, and love that I've finally found something that seriously moisturizes my face while removing all mascara traces. The only other product I've found that can make the same claim is Lush's Babyface cleanser.

Will definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2010 2:11:00 PM More reviews by jarona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is my H/G of facial cleansers. I am never without this stuff and it is not that easy to find. Whenever I find it, I make note of where I purchased it--it is THAT good.

Albolene Moisterizing Cleanser has a lard-crisco-like consistency. There is no scent. It is gooey-greasy and slimey. It is gloopy and oily and I absolutely love it! I love the fact that makeup just melts off. I love the fact that my face is not dry after I wipe it off and rinse my face.
I love the fact that I no longer use soap on my face.
This is great for all skin! I just wish it were easier to find!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2010 6:51:00 PM More reviews by sarahandj

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

12 dollars for 12 ounces. Ingredients: MIneral oil, petrolatum,parraffin,ceressin and beta carotene. I am 46 years old, two years ago my skin went ultra sensitive with dry patches and rosecea! Aaah! Went the all natural route, unrefined shea and oil etc. Soothed for awhile, did nothing on dry patches and redness.
Railed for years against every ingredient in here! the dermo said three days ago to use nothing except metrogel and this and pure vaseline!
Yeah right ...mmh out of pure frustration I did it! Fearing the worst...well my skin has already reduces redness and dry patches. This is soothing beyond belief! Miracle!
Before anyone gets upset, I love natural products and and still use them on body! But the dermo insisted that medical grade mineral oil and vaseline are pure and trap the moisture in! Paula Begone says the hype against this is put out by the nautral companies and even thoug I take everything with a grain of salt, this works for me!!!
A little science mixed in with nature whatever, and educated informed choices make a huge difference. Vaseline and mineral oil do hod the water in so skin can repair itself.
If you get desperate enough and have rosecea eczema(now studies prove it helps) try it! I also slathered it one and removed it with an index card, per their website and tons of icky greyish dead skin came off! Just my opinion, but wow! Soft skin! Plus its so fun to use!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2010 1:56:00 AM More reviews by loverofmkup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I never would have tried this product if I hadn't read the reviews here, so thank you MUA for helping me find another wonderful product. I love this cleanser. It is very affordable & you get a huge amount. I never thought that something so greasy feeling could be a good cleanser, but it is. It takes off all my makeup without stripping my combo/oily skin, yet it makes my skin have such a beautiful glow afterwards. I don't get that tight feeling from foaming cleansers that over-dry oily skins. My skin feels clean, wonderfully moisturized but not greasy or oily & my makeup comes all off!! I even see improvements in my fine lines, so I would def. recommend & will repurchase once I run out, which from the size of it, seems like it will be in a long time!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2010 10:24:00 AM More reviews by SwtStrawb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this to remove eye makeup only. I wear waterproof mascara and eyeliner that I apply very close to my lashline everyday. I've tried various eye makeup removers in the past and they simply aren't as effective as Albolene. I apply this to the eye area only, tissue off and then do my detail work with a q-tip (again dipped in more product) to get my lash line area. I then cleanse with Oil of Olay sensitive face wash. My true test for eye makeup remover is if I wake up the next morning with remnant mascara flakes underneath my eyes (even after cleansing). With Albolene I never have remnant flakes of eye makeup! (FYI: I've tried Clinique take the day off, DHC Deep Cleansing Oil, Pond's CC, Vaseline, Baby oil).

And to answer those reviewers who say Albolene is just like Vaseline...I have to say he** no! A couple of times when traveling I forgot to pack my Albolene. (This is because I have to scoop some out in small pill container, there's no way I'm packing this large monster! lol) I wind up having to buy something cheap and on the fly to remove my eye makeup. Baby oil is horrible: it gets most of your eye makeup off but is extremely unpleasant to use and you can never completely rinse it off. And as far as Vaseline goes...have you ever *really* tried to use Vaseline to remove your eye makeup..because I have! lol It's thick and doesn't really break down waterproof mascara. It also didn't pass my morning after test.

Anyway, I hope my review is helpful. This container lasts me well over a year but I do only use it on the eye area. Another weird side note, my cats love this stuff! If I'm not careful my cat will lick the product in the container. Which is really not cool! They don't get sick off of it and I'm thinking maybe it helps with furballs. lol

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2010 10:03:00 PM More reviews by amyhuskiewicz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'll throw in my 2 cents. This is a fabulous, fabulous cleanser/ makeup remover! It's easy to pass this over, as it sits unassumingly on the bottom shelf of random drugstores in its unattractive, industrial package. It's the cleansing equivalent of some relatively unknown nasty-looking local dive with awesome food. I use this with clarisonic by massaging it over my face then lathering up the clarisonic with Dove beauty bar and then rinsing the whole deal with lukewarm water. Good bye makeup, goodbye residue and hello to skin silky like butter and what happy, unirritated skin it is! This is a miracle product for anyone with dry, flaky, irritated or sensitive skin. It also causes no breakouts for me. This is not simply a non-irritating cleanser a la cetaphil or cerave, it actually soothes and moisturizes like a balm. Why did it take me so long to find this gem?! (probably 'cause it sits all unassuming on the bottom shelf of the drugstore) It is also excellent for use with plain old hands or washcloth, no clarisonic needed for amazing results! There, now go tell your friends so that this NEVER gets discontinued (mumbles prayers to cleansing gods).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2010 8:33:00 PM More reviews by misscruella16

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I dont like sticking my fingers in things, so I wish this came in a pump bottle. But nonetheless, this is a great makeup remover that is also moisturizing and doesnt strip the skin. I just massage this into my skin and tissue off. I especially like this for removing eye makeup and stubborn mascara. I prefer this over pond's cold cream because it is more moisturizing then ponds. I will probably use Pond's during the summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2010 4:30:00 PM More reviews by piccolamandorla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've tried lots of oil based makeup removers; DHC, Babor, Shu Uemura, MAC, etc. and I have to say that Albolene is the easiest to use, the easiest to remove, the most thorough and since it's mostly solid until it liquifies on your skin, the safest to travel with.

I have skin that is fairly greasy on top and dry underneath and wear makeup every day. My evening routine with Albolene is to put my hair back, take a dime sized blob of Albolene from the unattractive jar and smooth it over my face and eyes, place a washcloth under the hot tap, wave it out so its not too hot, put it over my face and press it in for a few seconds, and then wipe away the excess. You will be amazed at how well this works! It removes makeup, even mascara, completely and leaves your skin clean and soft and your lashes and brows shiny and moisturized. My lashes have definitely improved since I've started using Albolene because I'm not constantly tugging my mascara (and lashes) off!

You can also tissue the cleanser off, but I wouldn't reccomend it unless you have severely dry skin.

Unlike wipes, it doesn't require a lot of rubbing and pulling to remove makeup, it just slides right off with a warm, wet washcloth and leaves behind clean, soft skin.

You can even use it to exfoliate. I sometimes add baking soda to it or even a packet of sugar when I'm travelling to make a smoothing scrub before makeup.

A $10 tub should last a good six months with everyday use. It will devastate your washcloths though! I reccomend buying some cheap white washcloths from Target or Walmart...the amount of makeup that gets on them is staggering!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2010 2:59:00 PM More reviews by JanM

I like balm type cleansers which allow me to massage away my makeup and hopefully massage the cares of the day away as well.

This is not easy to come by in the UK, but I managed to track it down, and it is OK, not great, but OK.

Good points for me are that it doesn't have much of a smell - faint petrochemical but that is it. It removes all makeup with a couple of applications. I can use it around my eyes with minimal irritation. It is very softening.

Not so good for me is that the consistency is too thin, it really is like rubbing lard or vaseline into the skin, I have to concentrate when I massage this in as I slip and slide all over my face and into my hairline and up my nose and that is not conducive to relaxation at all!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No