August 1, 2014 | 1176 users online

Polishes - Essie - Fiji

rated 3 of 5 on 3/27/2012 8:14:00 PM More reviews by nicnacsong

Fiji is really a beautiful color. On my nails, it looks pretty neutral and clean, but it's still easy to see that's it's a baby pink, not white.
I agree with the other reviewers about the formula, though. It is absolutely terrible. So incredibly streaky and watery!!! Even after 3 coats, it still didn't look very clean and streak-free! Careful application might allow you do have an easier time, but I can't see how anyone could possibly have easy application with this.
Though I hated the formula, for me the color is worth it, so that's why i would purchase Fiji again. However, if I find a dupe with a less crappy formula, I'll immediately ditch Fiji for it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2012 12:34:00 AM More reviews by Jezah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Gah, I am so disappointed by this nail polish! The color is so freaking gorgeous, but it goes on so streaky I cannot get it to look right with a LOT of layers. As active as I am, and as much as I use my hands, with 3 + layers of polish it will just chip off and leave my nails a mess. So irritating, since when it does look somewhat ok (usually I get 2 or 3 nails that look decent) it looks sexy...but the rest are messy streaky chipped distasters. :(

rated 2 of 5 on 2/21/2012 7:54:00 PM More reviews by JaeMae

Verryyy streaky I had to put 5 coats on just to get the color and since I had to put so many coats it didnt dry properly and i could peel it off it was so thick. So I had to take it off and re-apply. the second time it came out ok but I wish it wasnt so splotchy b/c its a gorgeous color..sigh love/hate relationship.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2012 4:08:00 PM More reviews by sexylovie84

I bought this for the opacity of the pale pink. I was surprised that it took three full coats to make it solid not streaky.. I think most Essie colors take three coats. I do LOVE the color, and the way it sets off my skintone :) Also, the three coats I just did dried pretty fast so that's nice

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2011 5:34:00 PM More reviews by gingersnap250

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

My absolute favorite nail polish. There's something so California Girl -- Hot about it this polish....Even though I'm a redhead with very fair skin, I always feel like the tanned blonde CA gal when I put this on. It's such a hot, hot color! Very young, sexy, and says "I'm high maintenance" in a good way!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2011 7:03:00 PM More reviews by thatsMoneyHoney

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite Essie shade. It's a very pale cool toned baby pink. It's opaque and really stands out against my tan skin. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2011 4:58:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

I love this nail polish! The color is absoloutley beautiful:) This is the perfect baby pink that I've been looking for. It does take about 3-4 coats to get the right look, but it's worth it to me. It's pretty expensive for a nail polish, I think I paid $8 for it at walmart. It is good quality though. It lasts pretty long without chipping. It definitely has more staying power than most nail polishes. It's amazing:)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2011 8:10:00 PM More reviews by isamadoramable

I think this is my favorite nail polish ever. It's really milky and almost jelly-like. It evens out very well, so if something accidentally touches it while it's still wet, it'll level out. It's a tiny bit streaky, but it's very opaque at the same time. By the second coat, everything is perfect. Like most Essie polishes, these, with a topcoat, are resistant to chipping.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2011 8:28:00 PM More reviews by meganmartin123

this is a beautiful colour every girl should have a pale pink polish, but the bad side about it it that it takes alot of coats to get a opaque colour

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2011 10:48:00 AM More reviews by bronzerboo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Fiji is soooo pretty. it's the perfect pale, opaque & cool toned pink for me. something about the color matches my skin tone really well & i get compliments when i wear this shade. I've accepted that it NEEDS 4 coats to look good--def not a color to apply when you're in a hurry. it's worth the extra time to me though. wouldn't hate it if essie reformulated so that it would look good with 2 coats or even 3... but i just love the color. it's THAT pretty lol

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No