April 16, 2014 | 2003 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Neutrogena - Norwegian Formula Hand Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by sarahgorn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Dry skin + frequent hand-washing + indoor heat = painful, dry, cracked, and often bleeding hands. This is one of the few hand creams I've tried that actually helps with it. It does feel a bit greasy at first but it soaks in quickly and really heals and protects my hands. They feel so soft when I use this regularly. I have even used it on my face when I get dry patches there. I will definitely repurchase and highly recommend.

NOTE: Get the fragrance-free version. I made the mistake of buying the fragranced kind and it stings when my hands are cracked--the fragrance-free formula does not.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2011 3:05:00 PM More reviews by cloroxcowgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This isn't my favorite hand cream as far as texture, but darned if it didn't heal my dried, chapped hands. I had been using alot of anti-bacterial soap and hand sanitizer and my hands were dry like the Mojave desert. I tried using regular lotion which didn't do squat, so after seeing the good reviews on this product I purchased it in the fragrance free version. The texture is almost petroleum jelly-like. You don't need much and if you use to much it will make your hands greasy. But after using it for a couple of days my hands were totally soft and smooth. I was kind of stunned. I wish that this product had better ingredients (no parabens for a start) so I may or may not repurchase because of that, and also because I really do prefer a cream rather than jelly texture to my hand creams. But this product does work if your hands are extremely dry and in need of immediate moisture.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2011 11:24:00 PM More reviews by normaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you're looking for something to cure your dry ellbows, dry knees, cracked lips, etc. this stuff is AMAZING! I stumbled upon this when I was trying to find a moisturiser/cream specifically for my hands. When I got home and opened it up I was disappointed to find that this was actually thick in substance.

I read the back of the tube and it said it was for elbows, hands, lips, etc. etc.

So I figured that this was designed for those REALLY dry areas. I put it on my weenuses (elbow skin) and I was amazed. My elbow skin had never been smoother. I decided to put this on my lips and although it mightn't taste too nice my LIPS ARE LIKE HEAVEN!!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2011 4:37:00 PM More reviews by NoMadeUpLook

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used to LOVE this product. They changed it last year and now I can't stand it.

First, they added a scent. It is not just overpowering, it is offensive. If you like to wear perfume, the scent of this hand cream will over power it.

Secondly, they have made it greasier. It was always a challenge to work in to your hands, but that was what made it work. However, it was creamier and the white residue would absorb in to your skin after a few minutes, leaving even my sandpaper, cracked, winter chapped hands soft again. Now, I'm left with a greasy coating that doesn't absorb.

Sometimes, new isn't better!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2011 1:25:00 AM More reviews by Harriet1991

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Works really, really well. Its very thick though so I only use it at night but this is a truly good hand cream. Reasonably priced too.

EDIT: I have been researching a lot about parabens recently and I am disappointed to see that Neutrogena contains a lot of them. Hopefully this will change, until then I am using Moogoo. I am also avoiding sulfates and this unfortunately has sodium sulfate in it too.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2011 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Makeupqueen17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this hand cream for 6 years now. My mom purchased this hand cream for me in the dead of winter when my hands were so dry that I had cuts and scabs on my knuckles from washing my hands too often (I was scared of getting the flu). This was a miracle worker and continues to be my go-to hand cream. I love the thickness of it- I apply a dap to both hands before I go to sleep and it works wonders. My hands get really, really dry and this cream helps to prevent dryness. I can feel the difference the next day when I fall asleep without applying this. I will continue to purchase this over and over again. I wish they packaged the product in a bigger bottle though so I wouldn't have to re-purchase as often.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2011 12:19:00 PM More reviews by Glitterastic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

non-greasy,great smell(not over-whelming or irritating) and great when its fall or winter,heals your dry skin instantly!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2011 9:56:00 AM More reviews by TrishyB

By far the best hand cream I've used! I've tried all different supermarket hand creams; nivea, dove, vaseline, palmers - all of which didn't work as well for me. I'd been on the hunt for a good hand cream, one that isn't greasy, absorbs instantly and moisturises my dry hands in winter. Makeup Alley brought me to neutrogena and I'm glad it did!
I did have really dry, cracked and sore fingertips and after afew days of using this, my fingers were back to normal! You only need a tiny amount and it absorbs instantly but you do have to rub it in well to distribute it. What I love most about this is that it gives your hands grip! Because I'm constanlty looking and flicking through sheets of paper, the worst thing is not having any grip/moisture in your hands, but this does the trick VERY well and it lasts and lasts!
The only down side: the screw lid, I'd prefer a flip-top lid, just so its easier

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2011 5:57:00 AM More reviews by sydneyjs

I love this stuff! I was having really dry hands this past winter and this saved them from being raw and red. I used it on dry spots on my face as well, and it definitely helped without giving me a zit.

It was hard to find again, so I bought some other Vaseline hand cream, which doesn't work that well at all. Definitely worth getting while it's in stock. I don't know if they were having problems getting it in or what, but I couldn't find it anywhere for a while. Might just be because I live in a smaller city in Canada.

Definitely buy this, and do what the tube says and use just a dab. A big blob will definitely make you greasy. Remember you can always add more, but it's hard to take it away.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2011 1:27:00 PM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I used to use this quite often in the winter. It's more of a hand cream to use at night, due to the greasiness of it. It does moisturize very well, and the smell is nice.

However, once I discovered Moisture Therapy Intensive hand cream from Avon, I quit buying this. The Moisture Therapy comes in a bigger tube for less money. And Avon often has the Moisture Therapy tubes on sale 3 for $5. The Avon works as well and is extremely similar to this.