Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Hand Cream

4.2

Water, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Dilauryl Thiodipropionate, Sodium Sulfate, Fragrance

on 1/30/2012 7:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I live in Minnesota and bought this lotion thinking I was getting a small bottle of Neutrogena's Norwegian formula moisture wrap. Since I bought it for work I tossed it in my bag Saturday morning after I got home from Target and didn't even take it out of the box until this morning. Today is when I realized I'd bought the wrong thing, but since I had no other lotion at work I gave this stuff a go.

Initially I was disappointed because I LOVE the moisture wrap. As soon as I started dotting each knuckle with a tiny little dab of this hand lotion I felt annoyed with myself for not paying adequate attention to what I was buying. It looked kinda like Vaseline, and I expected a greasy mess.

Instead? Heaven. This stuff not only instantly softened my hands AND elbows after just one application, it had staying power through my somewhat obsessive compulsive hand washing habit throughout the day. (I intend to make it through this winter flu-free, so I'm washing my hands fairly frequently throughout the day.)

A little goes a long way with this lotion, and after rubbing it into my skin it took virtually no time to go back to typing, working with paperwork, looking at text messages, and so on. I've only used it twice today and my cuticles, which have been driving me mad all winter, are finally soft and content.

Can't believe how totally amazing this product is and I'm so happy I made a mistake as I probably wouldn't have given this product a chance because I'm so in love with the moisture wrap. And of course now I have to go back to Target and buy another bottle of the hand lotion for home because I want to use this stuff at bedtime too!

Highly recommended, especially if you're in a region prone to harsh weather extremes.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

It is a good hand moisturizer. Definitely no frills in terms of its scent. I don't love the feel of it going on my hands, but I know it works so I keep using it.

on 1/19/2012 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Winter must, especially for those in the north! I might be weird, but I love the light, musky fragance, and the thick consistancy. Actually I love everything about this cream. It can seem a *tad* greasy on application, which is why I just do it at night (and avoid the Iphone touch screen!) and just let my hands absorb the goodness as I sleep. The result- waking up the next morning with soft, soothed hands. I'm a mega nail biter so this helps combat all the hangnails and ripped cuticles too. I will never wear another hand cream!

on 1/11/2012 10:47:00 PM

This is the answer to all my dry hand problems in the winter. I work for a dermatologist, so we have a bunch of samples of lotion at all times. I use random ones all the time, but the bin for this one is always empty in the winter. Every time I use this product, I wonder why I ever use anything else when my hands are rough and cracked from the winter and constantly washing my hands. When I do use it I remember why I love it so much. My hands are transformed, literally. My hands get dry, cracked and itchy in the winter, and if I use this I don't suffer nearly as much if at all during the cold months. Even if you do use a little too much, it absorbs well and pretty quickly, even the excess. I will always use this and I hope they never D/C it. Highly recommend and I will repurchase forever!

on 1/10/2012 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

It's a good hand cream with light texture that soaks into the skin easily and leaves it soft and hydrated especially now in the winter. Sadly, I am allergic to this product. I get tiny blisters on my hands each time I use it. I haven't experienced this with any other hand creams. This product is good, but I have other hand creams that to the job and don't leave me with blisters.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

a great basic hand cream. no bells and whistles or pretty packaging, just moisture and some soothing relief to those with chronically dry hands and cuticles such as myself. it's not too slippery/greasy, which i appreciate (doesn't get fingerprints all over everything), and fast absorbing, so it's great to use on the go. i buy it from time to time when i run out of whatever other cream i've been suckered into buying - the price is good, the tube contains quite a bit of cream, and while it doesn't have any nail treatment or fancy ingredients built in, it moisturizes and soothes my ragged cuticles. don't use too much or it may feel a bit dirty on your hands, just a dab'll do ya.

bonus: you can use this to soothe your nose when you've blown it too much and it's all raw and burning; i've also used it on chapped lips (it tastes yucky but it will protect them until you can get your hands on some lip balm), very sparingly, and on my boyfriend's dry skin with great success. continued >>

It's a very thick hand cream so if you have a dry, cracking hands, this could help. Mind you, it's very thick though, so a little bit goes a long way. If you put too much, your hands will look white. haha
I just took off one lippy because it's boring. I like to have hand creams that smell nice and look pretty since i'll be carrying it around with me all the time.

on 11/27/2011 2:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Been using this since I was a little kid...my mom used the unscented stuff on us for chapped lips and super dry skin in winter (we go down to -50C where I live!!) and this stuff is MAGICAL!!!!!!! When my lips are super chapped, literally *nothing else works* to bring them back to smooth and awesome. Non greasy and it is the glycerin in this that works magic!! Recommend to anyone!

on 10/31/2011 8:04:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

This is a must have for winter in my opinion. It's a small tube, but a little goes a looong way. A dab on both hands is all you need. This product is very soothing on chapped hands, and it doesn't feel greasy as it sinks in super fast.

When other hand creams fail me, I turn to this. It picks up the slack and does the job. No wonder it's so popular. I'd buy again for sure.

on 10/27/2011 2:19:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

That's actually a nice cream for the night use. I normally put an enormous amount onto my hands and put my moisturizing gloves. It works really well, my hands are smooth and soft in the morning. The only con is: there's nothing unique about this product, there are a lot of alternatives for better price