November 28, 2014 | 1926 users online

Lipstick - NYX - Lipstick- #529 Thalia

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2011 2:07:00 PM More reviews by spaceache

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

Looks awful on me. I'm NW10-15 with medium pigmented lips and this lipstick looks like a mauvy brown with grey undertones on me. Not flattering at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2011 6:56:00 PM More reviews by debdo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love NYX! NYX Lipsticks are moisturizing and feel like a balm. This shade is a dusty pinkish color with shine. It looks darker in the tube. I love it. I bought a NARS lipstick recently and compared to NYX I love NYX better. This color isn't really A MLBB color but its very natural and I would reccomend.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/15/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by ceriseangel2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The color of the lipstick is almost identical to the color of my natural lips may be slightly darker so I'm not sure if I see much of a difference without it. The chemical flowery scent like the other Round lipsticks is a bit nauseating. But it is not streaky and goes on smooth like I wasn't really wearing any lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2011 11:10:00 PM More reviews by deepa1026

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a taupey, mauvey pink in the tube,but on my lips, it applies as a cool-toned nude pink. Very creamy texture. Looks lovely. I find myself reaching for it several times per week. For reference, I am an NC30, and with my yellow undertones, most pinks look too warm/red on me, but this actually looks like a true pink on my complexion. The quality of the lipstick is pretty good, although it wears off somewhat quickly due to its creamy consistency. The packaging is quite cheap as well. However, these drawbacks are not enough to justify taking off any lippies, especially at this price point.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2011 2:59:00 PM More reviews by jenny90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

We can't buy NYX in New Zealand so I ordered 6 off Ebay. Price-wise, very cheap still despite having to pay postage. But it was very hard to tell the exact colour from the online swatches because as we all know, they aren't accurate. I actually really like the colour of Thalia. It would suit me abit better if it were a touch lighter in colour, but I still really like it. The reason why I don't wear it very often is because of the consistency. I love that it's matte, but these lipsticks are sooo creamy that they melt like no other lipstick I have ever owned. Thalia melted in my bag and some other NYX lipsticks I have broke at the bottom of the tube. Also, because these lipsticks are so creamy I find they don't last long at all and because I can't keep them in my bag I can't re-touch the colour throughout the day. Kind of annoying.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2011 1:25:00 PM More reviews by PuzzInBootz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's a pretty dark brown color on my very pale skin :(
Wished it was a bit more mauve on me - as you can see it on many swatches online.
But anyway I like this lipstick a lot (like all NYX lipsticks!!!).. pure brown (so it looks on me) is not really my favorite color, but I love the texture.. it's creamy, but long-lasting on me! Lasts for a long time... for a very cheap price!! I often use NYX Lipsticks for school.. I apply it early in the morning and when I'm at home again about 1pm I have still color on my lips. Well, I don't eat at school, but it's amazing. I don't like the smell of NYX' lipsticks that much, but doesn't matter. Overall a wonderful quality.
Unfortunately you can't buy NYX in my country :( I'd like to buy loooots of more :D
Well, Thalia is a bit too dark for me, so only 4 points... but I love NYX and I'll check out Summer Love!
I'm not a fan of 20-30 dollar lipsticks (because they often don't last longer than durgstore brands... Urban Decay lipsticks for example!! 22 dollars and away after 2 hours wearing!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2010 11:31:00 PM More reviews by ns4487

This is a GREAT l/s. It is the most 'natural' looking colour i have. The formula is amazing and non-drying, and the price - oh my gosh. This l/s is comparable with HE very expensive ones. It really is. I am NC15 with brown hair and eyes, and love this. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2010 2:05:00 AM More reviews by fashionesque

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i have this and i use it the most out of the 4 colours i own which are all wonderful (indian pink, power, tea rose)
I use tea rose for a more 'snow white' feel when i feel like wearing bold lips lol. otherwise, thalia's pretty much my HG unless i find a better color.
I am an N30 for reference, i find NYX super duper cheap, and i don't mind re-applying after every meal, but they dry my lips so much, so i have to make sure i exfoliate and moisturize my lips ALOT. Plus, it lasts a looooong time trust me.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2010 11:24:00 PM More reviews by mame71430

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

First of all I am a HUGE NYX fan. From the packaging to the product itseld, NYX is hands-down the best 'drugstore' makeup line. I rank NYX up there with Benefit and Too Faced as far as quality goes. With that being said, Thalia is one of the nicest lipstick shades.Besides Circe, it's my next fave NYX shade.
I find it very flattering, and looks even better with a gloss combo. It's a nice, creamy formula and a shade that's very close to my natural lips. I will always be partial to a nude/natural lip with a smokey eye and Thalia is definitely a great shade to compliment that look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2010 8:59:00 PM More reviews by kims3142

I didn't have a lot of expectations for this lippie, but I had to try it out based on the raves. I like either bright lips or no lips at all. I HATE gloss and rarely wear lipstick because 1) my natural lips are very pink 2) I eat off the lipstick, I am a chronic lip smacker.

I ordered this online with other NYX lipsticks, and I knew it would be hit or miss, but it is ok because they are ONE DOLLAR. I bought 6 and 2 of them are no good (circe & B52) but I don't mind, it's $2.

Thalia is really pigmented as all of the round lippies, but with a thin texture which I like. It is a good color for my lips when I want to tone them down. This is at least a couple of shades lighter than my own lips, but it looks soft & pretty not casper-like.

I am C40/ Nars SG Stromboli for reference with very olive skin & black hair.