August 27, 2014 | 1696 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Mary Kay - Satin Hands

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2006 11:21:00 AM More reviews by audreyliz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Again, I wish I could rate each piece of this set separately. In case you don't know, MK only sells a newer 3-piece version of this. I received a sample set of the older, 4-piece version, so I know about both. The thing is, the "smoothie scrub" smells great, feels divine, but is very overpriced for something to wash my hands with. The hand cream and extra emollient cream are worth their price, actually the hand cream is a bargain at $8. The extra emollient cream is excellent for winter use anywhere on the body. Because it can feel so greasy on the hands, I mix a small dab of that with the hand cream and massage it in to my hands. It gives the hand cream an extra boost, but doesn't leave them feeling greasy.
BTW, my mother-in-law has an auto-immune disorder that causes her skin to crack and break open at the joints in her hands. She tried perscription creams, vaseline, etc and nothing helped. She got some of the extra emollient cream and within a week, her skin stopped cracking and bleeding. Now, her hands are normal.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2006 8:20:00 PM More reviews by pureafterglow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have tried both the older 4 step and new 3 step "peach smoothie" kits. I really like the new packaging (tubes and a pump dispenser) over the old jars as the jars get very slippery and messy. I also love the new scent and the cleanser/exfoliator pump bottle is pretty enough to leave on the counter. I would have preferred all new packaging but keeping 4 steps though. MK combined the exfoliator and cleanser to eliminate a step but I think the old exfoliator worked slightly better. Overall I like the product a lot and it does just what it says it will, so I will repurchase, but especially if its on sale.

Also I think it works better if you use the Hand Lotion for the day as it is on the lighter side, and the Emollient for a night cream if you use it just before bed.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2006 12:39:00 PM More reviews by gingerc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I completely agree with robotica77 on 7/8/2006 7:49:00 AM. Robotica stated it better than I could have.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2006 8:41:00 PM More reviews by lanae87

I received this in a swap and I'm pretty impressed with it. I have the older kit version, which is a 4-step process, compared to the new version which I guess is a 3-step process and smells like a peach smoothie! I just finished my first application and my hands feel extradorinarily soft and smooth, and I thought they were pretty soft before the treatment! I guess I should pamper them more often!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2006 3:27:00 PM More reviews by Amalzahir

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff and have been using it since it came out, and the newer peach scent isn't bad at all!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2006 3:07:00 AM More reviews by sprousekp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love, love, love the new Peach Smoothie version of MK Satins Hands!!!
It's great that it is now 3 steps as oppose to 4 and I use the "peach smoothie" aka exfoliator and cleanser at my sink when I wash my hands...combining these two steps into one handy pump is awesome. The smell is great too...not sure what the other comments are bout but I think the smell is clean and the lotion makes definetly wraps up the other steps...I love the way my hands feel afterwards...
This is a good product for the boys too...especially after a hard day working with their hands...this is a great treat for them as well.
I will definetly buy this again!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2006 4:16:00 PM More reviews by suggrr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have the Satin Hands Pampering Set, which includes the following products (to be used in this order): Extra Emollient Night Cream, Satin Hands Buffing Cream, Satin Hands Cleansing Gel, and Satin Hands Hand Cream.

The Satin Hands Buffing Cream is nice and doesn't irritate my hands like some scrubs can. The Cleansing Gel is nice as it helps wash away the Night Cream and Buffing Cream. The real loser in this set is the Satin Hands Hand Cream. It does not make hands feel like satin. It only does a decent job at moisturizing and I'm surprised that such an average lotion is included in this set, and I'm also surprised that it was named Satin Hands Hand Cream!

The most amazing product in this set, in my opinion, is the Extra Emollient Night Cream. I used it on a tenacious itchy, rough spot on my hand that had been bothering me for days. I applied the Cream to both hands, put my hands in Ziplock bags (without Ziplocing them, of course!), and slept. Within six hours, not only were my hands beautifully soft, but the rough spot on my hand had diminished significantly and it barely even itched anymore. I don't think that any other product I have could have done the same thing as quickly. (I am also reviewing the Extra Emollient Night Cream in another review.)

I'm sure I'll buy another kit when this one if finished. I don't use it all that often, but when I do, I really like how my hands feel afterwards. I may try using the Satin Hands Hand Cream with gel gloves to see if I can get an even more moisturizing effect, though, since it isn't much to speak of as a lotion.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2006 3:09:00 PM More reviews by YellowroseofTexas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Good lotion. Leaves hand soft. Definate smell but not offensive. Will not repurchase b/c I have other products that do the same. Good not great.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2006 7:15:00 PM More reviews by WhisperInAutumn

Soft hands that smell like plastic. Yeah, that's pretty much it in a nutshell. Yes, you get soft hands, probably the softess. BUT, you smell like grandma's house. I recommend the peach version they have right now and stock up before it's gone!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2006 7:49:00 AM More reviews by robotica77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Here's the low down: The emollient, scrub and cleansing gel are keepers because one has parrifin wax, the other has scrubbing granules, and the last one cuts the oil and grease of the other two. However, the hand lotion is far less than a luxury. After the harsh scrubbing and cutting cleanser my hands get dry and soak up the lotion, but they are still dry. I've had better hand treatments with Shea Butter or Weleda's Skin Food. Another thing that stinks is the actual products. It smells like an old lady wearing cold cream. I will use it again only as a swap item or gift, but I'll toss out the lotion.