April 19, 2014 | 1514 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Mary Kay - Satin Hands

rated 3 of 5 on 11/3/2006 12:39:00 PM More reviews by gingerc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I completely agree with robotica77 on 7/8/2006 7:49:00 AM. Robotica stated it better than I could have.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2006 8:41:00 PM More reviews by lanae87

I received this in a swap and I'm pretty impressed with it. I have the older kit version, which is a 4-step process, compared to the new version which I guess is a 3-step process and smells like a peach smoothie! I just finished my first application and my hands feel extradorinarily soft and smooth, and I thought they were pretty soft before the treatment! I guess I should pamper them more often!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2006 3:27:00 PM More reviews by Amalzahir

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff and have been using it since it came out, and the newer peach scent isn't bad at all!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2006 3:07:00 AM More reviews by sprousekp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love, love, love the new Peach Smoothie version of MK Satins Hands!!!
It's great that it is now 3 steps as oppose to 4 and I use the "peach smoothie" aka exfoliator and cleanser at my sink when I wash my hands...combining these two steps into one handy pump is awesome. The smell is great too...not sure what the other comments are bout but I think the smell is clean and the lotion makes definetly wraps up the other steps...I love the way my hands feel afterwards...
This is a good product for the boys too...especially after a hard day working with their hands...this is a great treat for them as well.
I will definetly buy this again!!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2006 4:16:00 PM More reviews by suggrr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have the Satin Hands Pampering Set, which includes the following products (to be used in this order): Extra Emollient Night Cream, Satin Hands Buffing Cream, Satin Hands Cleansing Gel, and Satin Hands Hand Cream.

The Satin Hands Buffing Cream is nice and doesn't irritate my hands like some scrubs can. The Cleansing Gel is nice as it helps wash away the Night Cream and Buffing Cream. The real loser in this set is the Satin Hands Hand Cream. It does not make hands feel like satin. It only does a decent job at moisturizing and I'm surprised that such an average lotion is included in this set, and I'm also surprised that it was named Satin Hands Hand Cream!

The most amazing product in this set, in my opinion, is the Extra Emollient Night Cream. I used it on a tenacious itchy, rough spot on my hand that had been bothering me for days. I applied the Cream to both hands, put my hands in Ziplock bags (without Ziplocing them, of course!), and slept. Within six hours, not only were my hands beautifully soft, but the rough spot on my hand had diminished significantly and it barely even itched anymore. I don't think that any other product I have could have done the same thing as quickly. (I am also reviewing the Extra Emollient Night Cream in another review.)

I'm sure I'll buy another kit when this one if finished. I don't use it all that often, but when I do, I really like how my hands feel afterwards. I may try using the Satin Hands Hand Cream with gel gloves to see if I can get an even more moisturizing effect, though, since it isn't much to speak of as a lotion.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2006 3:09:00 PM More reviews by YellowroseofTexas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Good lotion. Leaves hand soft. Definate smell but not offensive. Will not repurchase b/c I have other products that do the same. Good not great.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2006 7:15:00 PM More reviews by WhisperInAutumn

Soft hands that smell like plastic. Yeah, that's pretty much it in a nutshell. Yes, you get soft hands, probably the softess. BUT, you smell like grandma's house. I recommend the peach version they have right now and stock up before it's gone!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2006 7:49:00 AM More reviews by robotica77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Here's the low down: The emollient, scrub and cleansing gel are keepers because one has parrifin wax, the other has scrubbing granules, and the last one cuts the oil and grease of the other two. However, the hand lotion is far less than a luxury. After the harsh scrubbing and cutting cleanser my hands get dry and soak up the lotion, but they are still dry. I've had better hand treatments with Shea Butter or Weleda's Skin Food. Another thing that stinks is the actual products. It smells like an old lady wearing cold cream. I will use it again only as a swap item or gift, but I'll toss out the lotion.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2006 4:31:00 AM More reviews by lipz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

LOVE this set!!! I love using this...first of all everything comes in a squeeze tube! Can't get easier than that. I love how this cleans, buffs and makes your hands feel so incredably smooth. The differnce is visable with my hands imediatly. I follow up with the lotion or if its night, the more emollient hand cream WHICH I love and also use as a foot cream. BUY THIS!!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2006 10:55:00 PM More reviews by bobby_sutton

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Made my hands greasy and oily. For all the hype, this definetly wasn't worth it. Try BeautiControl's instant manicure scrub, it's much better!