July 23, 2014 | 1286 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Viva Glam II

rated 2 of 5 on 12/29/2009 11:30:00 PM More reviews by CeciliaM

I understand how people can like this lipstick. As with most nude lipsticks, your skin tone and natural lip pigmintation are heavy factors in the undertones you pull from this color. I am an NW 25, and this looks grayish pink on me - mostly gray. I have not woren this much. On bad days I catch a glimpse of myself and think, "I can't believe I bought this." On my brave days, I wear it with nymphette or Viva Glam VI gloss and smoky eyes and try not to dwell on what I look like. It's just not a great shade on me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2009 5:57:00 AM More reviews by sunnyisland

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Viva Glam II swatches looked lovely on my hand, a muted rosy pink. It does have some subtle shimmer, which isn't really noticeable. However, when I applied it to my lips, I looked too pale for my liking. Also, it's satin formula can be quite drying.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2009 7:42:00 PM More reviews by MissChatelaine

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Just doesn't work with my skintone--I'm a fair NW15 with pigmented lips. Just turns greyish brown on my lips. I'm using it up, slapping some gloss over it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2009 3:19:00 AM More reviews by nkiyu

my first MAC lipstick ever.. nice pretty pinky nude color! when i do a smokey eye, i often use this color coz it complements my skin tone really well. my only complaint is that i don't really like the texture of this lipstick. it doesn't go on as smooth as i'd like it to be, and it's kind of drying. i find that if i use my MAC lip conditioner underneath, that takes away the dryness a bit. if i don't use a base like the lip conditioner or chapstick or whatever, my lips look really flaky and dry and eew. not attractive! i also find that it helps to put a gloss over it, so that it doesn't dry out.

overall, the color IS pretty, but the texture just turns me off. i don't know if it's coz it's a satin. MAC lipsticks in lustre finishes are sooo moist, i wish satins were the same! if MAC decides to do something about the texture of this particular product, then maybe i would repurchase it, but for now, i WOULD NOT.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2009 1:30:00 AM More reviews by PinkoCommie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have to admit that what swayed me to buy this was that the proceeds go to charity -- and a charity I'm fond of. It's a nice nude, good texture and excellent pigmentation. It's a fantastic base for glosses and that sort of thing. It's very MLBB on my fair complexion (I don't notice any greying that some others have mentioned). But that's my overall impression: it's ... nice. Not fab, fantastic, amazing or unique. Just nice.

But it also does nice things for others and therefore makes me happy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2009 12:57:00 AM More reviews by lauralikes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

pale MLBB but not pale enough to be "nude". looks AWESOME under frou l/s. love it.
And fyi all the money of viva glam goes to those in need...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2009 9:44:00 AM More reviews by elfelettem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

This colour does not work on me. It has, as other reviewers have mentioned, a greyish cast. the pictures attached to this review are not representative of the colour on my lips at all.

I've tried to make this work. I try not to but I tan in summer NC30 and it wasn't working when I was darker, now that I'm paler NC15 I thought it would be worth trying again.

I don't have any problems with the formula or etc of this, its just the colour. Definitely one you should try first to save yourself from disappointment.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2009 10:46:00 PM More reviews by niclyf

This is probably one of the better nudes in MAC's lineup (at least from the permanent collection). It's hard trying to find a nude that doesn't wash me out, and isn't too pink or too beige, and VG II is the perfect combination of nude and pink with a slight beige undertone. The only drawback to this is the formula ... a satin, which tends to be slightly more drying in general. This is however colorwise, a wonderful asset in my collection and plays the perfect compliment to plummy cheeks and a smokey eye without making the overall appearance look "overdone".

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2009 3:45:00 PM More reviews by jayk04

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this color. I have been looking for a nude that doesn't look concealer like and isn't to pink or peach and this is it. This is a beautiful nude color and is a satin so the staying power is really good. I have several, several MAC lippies and this is really one of my favorites. NW 25 and have somewhat pigmented lips. Will definitely re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2009 4:26:00 PM More reviews by sm1lezx1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Perfect nude colored lipstick! Smells great and is pretty hydrating. Just make sure you put on a chapstick as base before you put it on to make your lips extra moisturized ;)

Great lipstick for everyday day to night =D