MAC Viva Glam II

3.7

on 4/29/2010 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I was pleasantly surprised by this lipstick. It actually is quite flattering on me. On my pigmented lips it shows up as a beigey nude pink colour. It doesnt wash me or look too brown as others have said. It is a satin which is opaque but drying so I need to use a lip balm underneath (I took off one lippie for the texture). I love what MAC does with the viva glam collection and this is my favourite viva glam colour. Will definitely repurchase!

on 4/22/2010 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I've been on the hunt for a nude lipstick for a long time. The concealer-like lighter nudes just looked wrong on me.. brings into question: why is that girl's lips 5x paler than the rest of her face?
Don't get me wrong, those paler nudes look so pretty in the tube and I WISH I could pull them off, but they just look off on me. (I'm tan/medium skin tone with golden yellow undertones).

At first, I completely overlooked Viva Glam II. In the tube it was a dark peach with a slightly muted pink in it. I didn't think it would be a good nude shade until I tried it off after two Makeup Artists from different MAC stores both recommended it to me.

This lipstick doesn't wash me out, and doesn't look unnatural on me! It mutes my pigmented lips, makes them feel moisturized and the shade of the lipstick is actually very pretty on as opposed to in the tube.

on 4/21/2010 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

this shade really neutralizes the color of my lips and allows me to wear stronger eye colors without looking too made up. it is light enough for my skin tone (fair-medium) to appear nude, but doesn't wash me out. Plus, i really like that the proceeds go towards a good cause.

on 4/17/2010 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Oh my GOD! I freakin' love this color! The consistency is great despite the fact that it has a matte finish. I an NC30-35 and from Indian descent. My lips are also noticeably pigmented and this color looks like the viva glam V but without the shimmer on my lips. Will buy over and over again!!

on 4/17/2010 7:29:00 AM

This is a great nude color for me, as I am around an NC30. It's very creamy and I love how opaque it is. Normally the nude colors are to pink for me and make me look like a hoochie but not with this one because it's more beige than pink.

on 3/30/2010 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

For the longest time I was going to exchange this color for VGV and never got around to it. Last week I pulled it back out since it's just sitting there, I might as well use it. I like the color, it's a muted pink beige and the mac website says it has shimmer in it but there is none that I see. This matches my natural lip color dead on. This color is alot like VGV I mean alot like it. (on me anyway). If your looking for an alternative the new Mary Kay lip nectar in coconut is a very VERY close dupe. The price isn't much different ($1 actually) However the mk one is limited edition! Will possibly repurchase.

on 3/22/2010 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

If you are nc30 or darker and would like to look like a corpse this is the color for you. It not only dried my lips out but made me look like i was dead. I adore nude lips but this one more than washed me out, it made me look sickly.

on 3/22/2010 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I was originally turned off by this color. But I put this over Spice l/l & I really like it. Its a nude color on my tan skin w/ peach/pinky undertones. I'd wear this everyday. I don't think this color is for everyone, but the pigmentation is great, not too drying, and worth every penny...it's worth a try tho!

on 2/23/2010 12:15:00 AM

It looks like death, and it's drying. The only way I can wear it is when I swipe pink gloss over it. It think it looked better when they put it on me at the counter, but I'm still not sure what I was thinking.

on 2/20/2010 3:39:00 AM

This color is fantastic on me, an amped up version of my own lip color, a muted pink-beige color with a slight lavender cast. The formula is very creamy, but a tad drying. It dries to a matte finish which I love. I just recently discovered MAC lipsticks, and so far this color and Cherish (a peachy-nude color) are my favorites. I like the color, but it doesn't quite satisfy my need for the perfect pinky-nude, so I'll keep looking... Until I find it I'll keep buying Viva Glam II.

Popular Lipsticks