April 20, 2014 | 964 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Viva Glam II

rated 3 of 5 on 11/15/2009 3:19:00 AM More reviews by nkiyu

my first MAC lipstick ever.. nice pretty pinky nude color! when i do a smokey eye, i often use this color coz it complements my skin tone really well. my only complaint is that i don't really like the texture of this lipstick. it doesn't go on as smooth as i'd like it to be, and it's kind of drying. i find that if i use my MAC lip conditioner underneath, that takes away the dryness a bit. if i don't use a base like the lip conditioner or chapstick or whatever, my lips look really flaky and dry and eew. not attractive! i also find that it helps to put a gloss over it, so that it doesn't dry out.

overall, the color IS pretty, but the texture just turns me off. i don't know if it's coz it's a satin. MAC lipsticks in lustre finishes are sooo moist, i wish satins were the same! if MAC decides to do something about the texture of this particular product, then maybe i would repurchase it, but for now, i WOULD NOT.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2009 1:30:00 AM More reviews by PinkoCommie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have to admit that what swayed me to buy this was that the proceeds go to charity -- and a charity I'm fond of. It's a nice nude, good texture and excellent pigmentation. It's a fantastic base for glosses and that sort of thing. It's very MLBB on my fair complexion (I don't notice any greying that some others have mentioned). But that's my overall impression: it's ... nice. Not fab, fantastic, amazing or unique. Just nice.

But it also does nice things for others and therefore makes me happy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2009 12:57:00 AM More reviews by lauralikes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

pale MLBB but not pale enough to be "nude". looks AWESOME under frou l/s. love it.
And fyi all the money of viva glam goes to those in need...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2009 9:44:00 AM More reviews by elfelettem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

This colour does not work on me. It has, as other reviewers have mentioned, a greyish cast. the pictures attached to this review are not representative of the colour on my lips at all.

I've tried to make this work. I try not to but I tan in summer NC30 and it wasn't working when I was darker, now that I'm paler NC15 I thought it would be worth trying again.

I don't have any problems with the formula or etc of this, its just the colour. Definitely one you should try first to save yourself from disappointment.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2009 10:46:00 PM More reviews by niclyf

This is probably one of the better nudes in MAC's lineup (at least from the permanent collection). It's hard trying to find a nude that doesn't wash me out, and isn't too pink or too beige, and VG II is the perfect combination of nude and pink with a slight beige undertone. The only drawback to this is the formula ... a satin, which tends to be slightly more drying in general. This is however colorwise, a wonderful asset in my collection and plays the perfect compliment to plummy cheeks and a smokey eye without making the overall appearance look "overdone".

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2009 3:45:00 PM More reviews by jayk04

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this color. I have been looking for a nude that doesn't look concealer like and isn't to pink or peach and this is it. This is a beautiful nude color and is a satin so the staying power is really good. I have several, several MAC lippies and this is really one of my favorites. NW 25 and have somewhat pigmented lips. Will definitely re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2009 4:26:00 PM More reviews by sm1lezx1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Perfect nude colored lipstick! Smells great and is pretty hydrating. Just make sure you put on a chapstick as base before you put it on to make your lips extra moisturized ;)

Great lipstick for everyday day to night =D

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2009 3:08:00 PM More reviews by Swtbby42590

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I went to the MAC counter to pick up a color that was recommended to me the week before(High Tea) by one of the ladies. When I got there and started talking to the lady working she said that for a nude lip that High Tea might give me too much color and showed me Viva Glam II. Im so glad she did! Its perfect and I love it! She also recommended C-Thru lipglass to go over it and that made the look even better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2009 6:20:00 AM More reviews by SonyaAdams

Beautiful, wonderful color! Very wearable for nearly all skin tones, I have one for myself and another for my kit. Very similar in color (but not QUITE the same) as "Style It Up" from the MAC Barbie Collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2009 1:26:00 PM More reviews by NinaSushi1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Alright, I was on my search for a perfect nude pinkish color. I used to love Crush from Lancome, but I lost it and couldn't repurchase because they don't sell it anymore. So, since i have always loved walking through MAC and looking at their pretty colors I decided to see if they had the perfect color, nude/mauve/pink, sheer-ish. I ask and they showed me some choice which I didn't like any, when I ask about Viva Glam, i was all for the charity,

I found this and although it was EXACTLY what I looking for it was a good nude color. It can be used in so many ways, you can add dimension to it with a slightly darker lip liner and top it off with a light pinky gloss, or something with shimmer. The possibilities are endless. I like that it is not drying and long lasting. :)