Aveeno Aveeno Clear Complexion Daily Moisturizer

3.6

Salicylic Acid (0.5%) Inactive Ingredients: Arachidyl Alcohol, Arachidyl Glucoside, Behenyl Alcohol, BHT, Bis Phenylpropyl Dimethicone, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Ethylene Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Fragrance, Glycerin, Glycine Soja Seed Extract (Soybean), Isoceteth 20, Laureth 7, Methyl Gluceth 20, Polyacrylamide, PPG 10 Cetyl Ether, Water

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Before I found my HG I used this, just over my forehead where my little stubborn bumps would be. No where else because I have combo skin so I'm cautious with all products. But I would apply it and I would notice a little difference when waking up each morning. Wasn't significant but after a week of steady use my forehead cleared up 60%. So it definitely works, its just not an emergency 911 type of product, more like a maintenance product. I now use Ponds Cold Cream & Ponds Dry Skin Cream (read review). I recommend this to all. :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have oily skin with monthly breakouts, and I was excited to try this product, as it contains a low percentage of salicylic acid. This acid has a good reputation for those with oily/acne prone skin. That being said, I was disappointed to find that this aggravated my skin (which is not sensitive) and caused my skin to react by over-producing oil to compensate for the acid's effect. My face was an absolute greasy mess because of this product. Although it works for many, I've learned that I need to be careful with products I use. Over-priced also.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

Skin context: I have combination skin and get hormonal breakouts. With my dark complexion, I also have a hard time with hyperpigmentation and scars.

Great product. This Aveeno moisturizer is light enough not to clog my pores or add shine to my t-zone and the salicylic acid is gentle enough not to cause flaking and dryness on the dry parts of my face. I find it mild, soothing and usually available at the drugstore for an 'okay' price. Leaves a smooth semi-matte but moist feel. The smell is light and it doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes - also it goes under makeup like a dream - no weird oxidizing or patchiness. I don't use it everyday; it's more of my go-to normal skin day moisturizer. I alternate with cocoa butter, Clinique and Ambi depending on what is up with my face, weather, hormones, etc.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I decided to review the Aveeno products I started using 5 weeks ago to do my due diligence. I have combination skin - dry in the cheeks, oily in the nose and chin, uneven texture. I never had a facial regime until my face started getting dry at 30. Thus began my search. I tried Vichy, Spectro, and La Roche Posey and all seemed to either cause a film or breakouts. Then I tried this Aveeno moisturizer. I was worrried when it said 'salicylic acid' but it has completely balanced my skin. In only a couple of weeks using morning and night I actually have more even skin tone, texture and a glow. HIGHLY RECOMMEND this especially for people trying to find that balance again after trying multiple, expensive products! Note, I use the toner at night to allow moisture in. Good Luck!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

First, calling this a "moisturizer" is misleading. It is an acne treatment containing salicylic acid. In reality, the more you use, the dryer your skin will become.

I cannot use this everyday or else my face will react to it and become redder. If I use it before bed once in a while, however, it will clear up those clogged-looking pores for me during the night. I keep it on hand for that, and to put on my body to help clear up any backne or buttne.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I will never buy this again. I've NEVER had issues with reacting to lotions, ESPECIALLY not Aveeno products. Aveeno has been the best lotion I've ever used, and I have normal to dry skin, usually dry during winter so I bought this thinking this will be great. After two days of using it I had this AWFUL red rash starting to show under my eyes and around my nose, but I kept using it, not thinking once it could be the lotion. By the 4th day my face was terrible. It was covered in a red itchy, yet very painful rash. It took 3 weeks to totally heal, have no idea why this happened. I use all other Aveeno products without a hitch, but I cannot use this. I don't have sensitive skin, and there was nothing in the ingredients that I'm allergic to. A warning is to try this in a very small spot of skin for a few days before using it religiously.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This was a pretty good product but I will not be repurchasing it due to Aveeno doing animal testing which I do not support. Other than that, the product was pretty good, I could feel the moisturizer sink into my skin and it didn't make me break-out.

There are almost no words to describe how much I love this moisturizer. Trust me, I've tried a LOT of moisturizers over the years: drugstore, high end, niche cult products, and even random 'alternative, herbal, organic' types that come from no real actual brand (from my hippie aunts who have the best of intentions). Nothing else I've tried quite sinks in as easily and quickly as this AND doesn't break me out AND actually provides adequate moisture.

I have incredibly acne prone skin and thanks to some heavy-duty acne medications, my skin is also dehydrated but not dry per se. I was at my wit's end with moisturizers until a dermatologist recommended Aveeno (in retrospect, I honestly have no idea what took me so long to try it out!) Aveeno serves my needs spectacularly. It's a light moisturizer that sinks in IMMEDIATELY upon application and it doesn't clog or break me out. My skin also loves salicylic acid for preventing blackheads and while I can't say with absolute certainty that this completely clears up the stubborn blackheads on my nose (or that it isn't due to the Stridex pads I've also been using), I can say that since using this they sure haven't gotten worse with usage at least - good enough for me. Flakies have also gotten progressively better and my skin has actually become velvety and smooth (what? me?! my skin? soft and velvety? really???) since I've started using this regularly.

I only need about half a pump to a pump depending on how dry my skin is so I find there to be a good amount of product for at least a couple of months for a fair enough price. It isn't the cheapest thing you'll find in the drugstore but for these results it's worth it (esp. compared to higher end products). The bottle has a twist lock and there's a pump so if you're a germaphobe, there's no need to stress. I find there is a very faint almost grassy scent to the lotion but it's nothing overwhelming - though not really pleasant either.

I honestly can't find it in me to say anything bad to say about this product except that no, despite the "clear complexion" name it won't ACTUALLY clear you up (probably). Also, if you're looking for a very emollient moisturizer or if you're looking to settle your SPF and antioxidant needs in one go as well you might want to try something else (although iirc Aveeno does have another moisturizer with SPF?)

I am obsessed! I've been using this product faithfully every night for the past fout years, and you can see a difference right away after the first night of wearing it. With acne- prone skin, it had always been difficult for me to use moisturizers without breaking out. This product actually clears the skin while making it overall clearer and more radiant looking. I would recommend this to anyone with any skin type; well worth the money for such a great product.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I love, love this stuff. Bought it at HEB for about $15. I was sceptical about it because years ago Aveeno products have caused cystic breakouts on me and I haven't tried an Aveeno product since. This stuff works amazing. It doesn't leave skin greasy. And actually has made my very oily skin less oily. I only use it once a day. Before applying make up let it really sink in, wait for 10 minutes. You have to try it for a few weeks to really see results. Some of my blackheads and whiteheads have dissapeared as well. The packaging is on point and I would recommend this to anyone with oily or acne prone skin. Its a little more expensive than other drugstore moisturizers but it will be money well spent.