October 25, 2014 | 905 users online

Shampoo - Alberto Vo5 - Kiwi Lime Squeeze Clarifying Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2010 6:36:00 PM More reviews by sara942

I bought this because I needed a clarifying shampoo to occasionally eliminate the build-up from the heavy moisturizing shampoos and deep conditioners I use on my thick, dry, fluffy-when-air-dried hair. It was only $1 for a big 13 oz bottle and I love the smell; refreshing, mildly fruity; a very clean smell for summer! Haven't tried the conditioner, but when I use this shampoo with my deep conditioner (Aussie's 3 minute miracle) it works great! It's a good clarifier but doesn't leave my hair squeaky and dry; surprisingly gentle. My hair was shiny, soft and bouncy after using the two together, which is a real accomplishment in the humid months! I may even use this regularly in place of my usual shampoo (LUSH's New! solid shampoo). For a dollar, this can't be beat.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2010 7:28:00 PM More reviews by peps123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Everyone should have this shampoo in their arsenal. On sale, it's only 77 cents but I'd spend so much more to have it at my disposal. I'm trying to grow out my 3b/3c hair & need to blow-dry and flat iron. So I have been using lots of product--deep conditioners, pre-pooing with coconut oil, a leave in with silicones, heat protectants, etc. While my hair likes all of the conditioning, it gets to a point of no return where I just have too much product in it. That's when I use this shampoo and the matching conditioner. It gets rid of all the gunk yet doesn't dry out my hair. My hair comes out soft, shiny and bouncy.
Bottom line-- try it! You have nothing to lose. It's 77 cents!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2010 9:48:00 PM More reviews by ScholarBeauty12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE LOVE LOVE. I have oily hair and use a ton of products in it and this takes out all the gunk without stripping my hair completely. I use a Paul Mitchell Moisture daily leave-in treatment in conjunction with this so my hair doesn't get too dry. It smells great and doesn't make me break out on my hairline. Recommended for ladies or gentlemen with oily hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2010 7:26:00 PM More reviews by vix5586

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this for ocassional clarifying. I have curly hair that tends to be dry that I straighten, so I use silicones to protect it from my flat iron. My hair was starting to feel really gunky and coated, even right after I shampooed so I knew I had to do something. I went to the store with the original intention of purchasing Suave Daily Clarifying, however, once I grabbed it and read the bottle I noticed it had a few cones in it. Whats the sense in using a clarifying shampoo to remove all the cones built up on your head if it has cones in it? I spotted this stuff a few shelves below. It has no cones and was actually cheaper than Suave (you can't beat $0.99 a bottle!) and I like the scent WAY better. I used it last night and my hair just feels so much better! All the gunk and build up is gone and my hair is shiny and soft again. It didn't dry me out as much as I expected it to yet it managed to completely clarify my hair. This one is a keeper. Plan to use once a month.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2010 8:31:00 PM More reviews by murphysmomkk

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am generally a shampoo snob but this stuff is divine! It smells FANTASTIC and works great. I don't use a clarifying shampoo all the time, but I think it is good to use one from time to time, and this will be my go-to. Cheap, works great, smells heavenly - what else can you ask for? I would buy a perfume of this if there were such a thing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2009 12:29:00 AM More reviews by Dreamcrusher86

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have bought this over and over again!I like to use a clarifying shampoo once every two weeks,but most are too harsh and strip the color in my hair or leave it dry.This is safe for color treated hair and smells so good!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2009 2:23:00 AM More reviews by itsmek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really dislike clarifying my hair. I have a somewhat dry, sensitive scalp and very dry waist length hair. Clarifying shampoos usual make my hair very flat and makes my curl weaker due to the dryness they cause. I've also had experiences with other clarifying shampoos that have left me with an extremely dry scalp.
However, I was pleasantly suprised with this clarifying shampoo. When I was in the shower I was actually worried that it wouldn't be clarifying enough- I'm used to clarifying shampoos being so stripping that my scalp actually starts to feel dry in the shower or my hair squeaks. I followed up with Mirra smoothing conditioner and my normal leave in. I didn't have to spend a long time detangling my hair like I normally do after clarifying.
When my hair dried it was shiner than usual, and had more body. I straightened my hair with a blowout so I can't say the effect it had on my curl pattern. I did have a little more frizz/ flyways than usual but they were easily taken care of.
I wash my hair every other day, and after shampooing with this I noticed my hair seemed much limper the second day. I also had a bit more oil at the scalp.
In short- this is a very good clarifying shampoo for people with normal to dry hair or only use a moderate amount of products. It gets all the gunk out with minimal dryness and scalp irritation. It managed to get 3 months worth of gunk out of my hair without stripping it. However, I feel like this may not be enough for those with very oily hair or those who use a lot of products in their hair.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2009 1:51:00 PM More reviews by eq2008

I have oily scalp and dry hair because I colored it, therefore I need clarifying shampoos to take care of my scalp getting oily during the day and moisturing conditioner to take care of the dryness of my hair. For some reason, this shampoo doesn't dry up my hair like pantene clarifying does. It just keeps it clean and smooth....maybe it's the leave in treatment that I've been using. Whatever it is, it works great and it's only 99cents! I am going to buy more.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2009 5:37:00 AM More reviews by fihe

usually I wash my hair every day but I use this for when I've skipped a day or just used a lot of styling product in my hair. it works pretty well and makes my hair smell good! plus it's only 99, 79 on sale!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2009 5:19:00 PM More reviews by ANSTAH

I got this on sale at CVS for 77 cents! you really can't beat that price, and for the price it works decently. i was pleasantly surprised. For that price i would definitely buy again if i ever needed to.