April 18, 2014 | 852 users online

Shampoo - Alberto Vo5 - Kiwi Lime Squeeze Clarifying Shampoo

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2009 12:29:00 AM More reviews by Dreamcrusher86

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have bought this over and over again!I like to use a clarifying shampoo once every two weeks,but most are too harsh and strip the color in my hair or leave it dry.This is safe for color treated hair and smells so good!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2009 2:23:00 AM More reviews by itsmek

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really dislike clarifying my hair. I have a somewhat dry, sensitive scalp and very dry waist length hair. Clarifying shampoos usual make my hair very flat and makes my curl weaker due to the dryness they cause. I've also had experiences with other clarifying shampoos that have left me with an extremely dry scalp.
However, I was pleasantly suprised with this clarifying shampoo. When I was in the shower I was actually worried that it wouldn't be clarifying enough- I'm used to clarifying shampoos being so stripping that my scalp actually starts to feel dry in the shower or my hair squeaks. I followed up with Mirra smoothing conditioner and my normal leave in. I didn't have to spend a long time detangling my hair like I normally do after clarifying.
When my hair dried it was shiner than usual, and had more body. I straightened my hair with a blowout so I can't say the effect it had on my curl pattern. I did have a little more frizz/ flyways than usual but they were easily taken care of.
I wash my hair every other day, and after shampooing with this I noticed my hair seemed much limper the second day. I also had a bit more oil at the scalp.
In short- this is a very good clarifying shampoo for people with normal to dry hair or only use a moderate amount of products. It gets all the gunk out with minimal dryness and scalp irritation. It managed to get 3 months worth of gunk out of my hair without stripping it. However, I feel like this may not be enough for those with very oily hair or those who use a lot of products in their hair.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2009 1:51:00 PM More reviews by eq2008

I have oily scalp and dry hair because I colored it, therefore I need clarifying shampoos to take care of my scalp getting oily during the day and moisturing conditioner to take care of the dryness of my hair. For some reason, this shampoo doesn't dry up my hair like pantene clarifying does. It just keeps it clean and smooth....maybe it's the leave in treatment that I've been using. Whatever it is, it works great and it's only 99cents! I am going to buy more.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2009 5:37:00 AM More reviews by fihe

usually I wash my hair every day but I use this for when I've skipped a day or just used a lot of styling product in my hair. it works pretty well and makes my hair smell good! plus it's only 99, 79 on sale!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2009 5:19:00 PM More reviews by ANSTAH

I got this on sale at CVS for 77 cents! you really can't beat that price, and for the price it works decently. i was pleasantly surprised. For that price i would definitely buy again if i ever needed to.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2009 12:08:00 PM More reviews by danceandrejoice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've bought this a couple of times. It's $1 at Dollar Tree so you can't really go wrong. It seems it does a pretty good job clarifying, but I do find my hair gets greasier sooner after I use it. Normally I shampoo every second day, when I use this, day two doesn't look as good as usual.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2009 10:30:00 AM More reviews by pauley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a very good clarifying shampoo, it makes your hair, so soft I have used others and my hair, feels like straw this one is great. I will def buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2009 2:46:00 PM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

for a girl who is on a budget, def pick this up to clarify the gunk on ur hair! smells good and only a whole buck!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2009 5:20:00 PM More reviews by Luv_MAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For 79 cents this is an awesome value. I use a lot of hair products in my hair and this gets it all out just as well as Pantene clarifying does.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2009 1:08:00 PM More reviews by fancyxamy

this was a pleasant surprise! ive tried many clarifying shampoos and they typically leave my hair residue-free but frazzled and dry.

i picked this up because it was 77 cents. cant beat the price! as i was rinsing it out my hair did feel rather stripped and tangled, so i applied conditioner to the ends and let it air-dry overnight. i figured the results would be equal to other clarifying shampoos in the past. clean, though slightly straw-like.

i couldnt believe it when i woke up today to shiny, bouncy hair--and ive never been able to use bouncy as an adjective to describe my hair before! it feels clean and light, and smells great. thanks to the recession, im finding more and more cheap-o products like this that do the job of higher priced equivalents just as well! ok jk about the recession part. but really, give this a shot!