August 1, 2014 | 1811 users online

Skincare - Face - Jurlique - Herbal Recovery Gel

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2008 8:12:00 PM More reviews by jmcgann

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I recently got this gel and have been using it under the wrinkle cream, but I can't quite tell what it's doing to my skin, if anything. It seems like my skin looks and feels the same whether I use it or not, so since it's so expensive I will likely not be using it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2008 8:53:00 PM More reviews by tomatosauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm on the second bottle of this stuff. it's insanely expensive for the new packaging during Christmas time. but luckily there was a promotion for buying the herbal recovery gel; rosewater mist & balance day cream all together.

I use this as a toner, because this stuff is pretty concentrated i don't really need a "strong" moisturizer, the Olay Sensitive Lotion is pretty good where it is light and none oily, since i have combination skin.

I used Proactiv try to get rid of my acne, it dried my skin out and make it look so tired and "dead". So after i bought it over Christmas; i started using it to try to recover my dried up skin..

I saw a difference after just 1 night of using it. My skin looked more alive, no more small fine lines around my mouth. and has this glow...

love this stuff. should really try it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2008 11:16:00 AM More reviews by Sklisa

Great product, my favorite serum in warm days. The texture is more like a light emulsion than a gel.With lovely light scent, this product soothes, moistures my skin in the summer, and I've seen it has little firming effect too. It also contains anti-oxidants which is nice.

Worth the price, and I'll buy another one for the coming summer. In fact,you only need to use very little amount,so a 30ml bottle lasts 4 month for me with two applications daily.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2008 8:15:00 AM More reviews by a_a_a

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've used this gel for about four days now, and I've noticed the difference within five minutes of my first application - it saved my really dehydrated skin! I have tried SO many products before but sadly none of them really worked for me, now I just hope this magic effect of the gel will last!
I have quite sensitive skin and was allergic to this gel during a facial a few years ago, but so far the gel is fine on my skin this time.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2008 9:03:00 AM More reviews by ginyu

I really like this gel. It smells great and leaves my skin plump and smooth but never sticky. Blotches and spots are less noticable and it has never made me break out. I only need moisturiser on top if my skin has very dry patches.
The only con is the price but considering how little is needed (1-2 pumps) it lasts a very long time - I have had my 30ml bottle for over a year (I only use it if my skin needs some extra help).
I will definitely be repurchasing when my bottle runs out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2007 3:20:00 PM More reviews by SaraLee2

Got a sample of this...enough for about 3 applications. Used it 3 nights in a row. Besides being ridiculously priced for an organic serum with no actives except a little lactic acid, it just doesn't give me the same glow as either my Abra Therapeutics Recovery Phytoserum (about $15) or IE's Edelweiss Night Recovery Serum (about $40). With those I wake up to smooth, soothed skin and rosy cheeks. With this my skin looks OK (no reactions), but just not as awake and vibrant. Even though the ingredient list looks wonderful, I'll stick to whats working, especially at this price.

INGREDIENTS: Aqua (Water); Herbal Extract Mixture from: Rosa gallica (Rose), Chamomilla recutita (Matricaria), Calendula officinalis, Glycyrrhiza glabra (Licorice), Sambucus nigra (Black Elder), Bellis perennis (Daisy), Viola odorata, Althaea officinalis (Marshmallow), Spilanthes acmella, Echinacea purpurea, Camellia sinensis (Green Tea), Vitis vinifera (Grape Seed), Curcuma longa (Turmeric); Glycerin; Alcohol; Oenothera biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil; Xanthan Gum; Rosa canina (Rose Hip) Fruit Oil; Simmondsia chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil; Glyceryl Cocoate; Aloe barbadensis Leaf Extract; Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C); Hydroxymethylglycinate; Lactic Acid; Citrus grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract; Tocopherol (Vitamin E); Rosa centifolia (Rose) Flower Oil; Chamomilla recutita (Matricaria) Flower Oil.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 11/24/2007 7:09:00 PM More reviews by behs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The new price is totally unacceptable. Price increased by 14% (from RM 480 to RM 553) in Malaysia for new packaging.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2007 9:47:00 AM More reviews by HippieLaLa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

the thing about this product is that i am not sure exactly what it's supposed to do.

i know it has vitamins, herbs etc to make your skin quality better, but i don't buy the "holy grail" bit that the SAs always try to push.

i got given this as a present in the large bottle. i use 2 pumps of it before i go to bed, under sothy's active moisturiser.

i haven't noticed a change in my overall skin appearance other than a tightening of the pores and a slight fading of under eye bags i was sporting.

i will keep using this until it is finished, and if i can find a reason to buy it again then i would repurchase.

i do love the smell though. not so much the texture, but i get used to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2007 7:58:00 PM More reviews by rebdab

I actually really love this product and for about 10 years have never been without at least a small bottle in my cupboard, which is saying something as I am the biggest product junkie of them all and fickle to boot (everything from homemade honey/ aspirin to La Mer & Prairie etc). Sure, I don't use it every day, but it is something I go back to often. If my skin is dry, it acts like an extra hydration boost under moisturiser / sunscreen. If it's oily, it is the only moisturiser I need and also seems to keep the oilies at bay (??how? I don't know). Packed with antioxidants, gets a tick from Paula Begoun, smells light but wonderful, made near my old home town in Aus... so many reasons to keep it around! In Aus it's expensive but WAY cheaper than I think it is o/s (could be wrong). Jurlique has recently got a new CEO and had a massive overhaul but thier core products, including this one, are the same formula according to the Jurlique girls I spoke to at the concept store. Don't know if the new package is also changed to plastic as so much of the product range now is and if this will be better or worse.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2007 8:41:00 AM More reviews by yummyapplemilk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This gel is amazing. I have combination skin, oily on the t-zone, normal on the cheeks, when i applied this gel to my face, it felt light, a bit of a herbal smell, which you kinda get use to and it was so fast absorbing. After using it for a month, i have never felt my skin feel so good in my life. its just after you use it it seems to really nourish your skin somehow, and im loving it!i love trying new stuff but i think i have finally found my serum soul mate!!!i will be forever buying this product unless i feel like it is no doing anything for me anymore,but this is a superior product, i cant say the same for its whole product line but i am in love with this one!!!