July 25, 2014 | 955 users online

Cleansers - Clean & Clear - Foaming Facial Cleanser - Sensitive Skin

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 9/26/2010 2:42:00 AM More reviews by ReeVee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have oily/acne-prone skin and has mildly sensitive skin. I really, really wanted to like this cleanser, but unfortunately it didn't work out too well. After hearing such great reviews, and seeing how well it turned out for my cousin, i was pretty excited to give this a try. I've been using neutrogena for a long time and i was sick and tired of it. So i decided it was time for a change. After, more or less, 3 weeks of using this product, I have experienced break outs all over my face. I wasn't too sure if this was the culprit or not, however, since i STOPPED using it, my acne had decreased noticeably. Disappointment really does suck. I guess its back to using my stupid neutrogena...

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2010 10:51:00 AM More reviews by ankhgrl49

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Awesome cleanser. I have been using this for about two months and it is gentle, but effective. I find that it removes whatever is left of my makeup after I've removed most of it. Doesn't dry out my face, just leaves it cleansed and ready for moisturizing. For reference I have normal skin with a chin that gets oily sometimes. Once a month breakouts that can increase with stress. No breakouts or clogged pores as a result of using this. Cheap and packaging is great with a pump. Will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2010 9:19:00 PM More reviews by holdparanoia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow. I absolutely love this cleanser. I have been struggling with mild acne for about 3 years now and this is the only cleanser that has helped. It foams up nicely and rinses off with no residue. My face is about 99% clear now, all thanks to this cleanser. Even though it doesn't contain any SA or BP it still cleared me up better than anything! After years of getting severe skin dryness from BP and other acne fighting products (which just made my acne worse due to irritation) and spending hundreds of dollars on skincare. I finally found something that works and for only 8$. I highly recommend this cleanser to anyone suffering from mild acne and sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2010 10:19:00 PM More reviews by silverbrook

This is my HG cleanser. I can't go without it. If I do, I feel very nervous about getting breakouts. This has kept my skin the clearest it's ever been, and it's gentle and cheap. It removes my eye makeup very easily with less abrasive rubbing than if you were to use a makeup removing wipe or some eyemakeup remover on a cotton pad since you can just swipe gently with your fingers. Great cleanser! I have repurchased again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2010 1:02:00 PM More reviews by thompsof

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Amazing! Removes all of my make-up and is super gentle. Absolutely no redness or irritation after I use this. I have acne prone/oily skin and this does a great job of cleaning off the excess oil without causing dryness. Nice light fragrance and the pump locks in place. Only downside for me is that it doesn't foam all that much. Highly recommend and am definitely buying this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2010 12:48:00 PM More reviews by photographsNwhite08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely LOVE this cleanser! It removes dirt, oil AND makeup so it does it all. Before I used the "Oil free" formula, but realized that it wasn't doing me any good on my sensitive skin since I had my daughter. So I found the new packaging for this and I, by mistake, bought the sensitive skin formula for only $3 and it works better than the other bottle that I had. It helps keep my skin clean and clear from blemishes and removes my makeup like a dream. I definitely recommend this to anyone with sensitive skin because it's amazing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2010 12:15:00 PM More reviews by Jmberry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this cleanser. I wanted something gentle that would still deep clean and had decided to try Purpose. Thanks to you smart people on Makeup Alley I learned that this product has identical ingredients and you get more for less money. It has an herbal/medicinal smell but I got used to it quickly. It doesn't produce crazy lather so if you need that to feel clean this product won't do it for you. It removes all of my makeup which is a huge plus and doesn't leave my skin feeling tight. Just nice and clean. I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2010 4:02:00 PM More reviews by MackMimiMommy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this cleanser. You can use it to remove eye makeup. I like the packaging as it has a pump. The price is good. I found it at Target. I do think that you should not use this unless you have normal to oily skin. It would be too drying for people with dry skin. It is a clear gel that lathers. It has a fragrance to it.

I use it, and rinse with a washcloth to remove dry skin. Then, I apply my BHA exfoliant. Last, I use benzoyl peroxide 2.5% lotion. I use a moisturizer around my eyes. I have always been acne-prone, but this regime helps my skin more than any other.

Update: I have found that I prefer Paula's Choice Clear cleanser over this one. The PC seems to sooth my skin more. This is still a good d/s cleanser. [I read that it is actually the exact same formulation as the Purpose cleanser, made by same company, too.]
I plan to repurchase this, but am not 100% certain that I will replace my Paula's Choice Normalizing Cleanser all together with it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2010 12:26:00 AM More reviews by susjs

I was looking for a cleanser to replace my winter favourite [Cerave] and wanted something gentle that would be a bit more thorough for the summer months. This one has many qualities to recommend--the easy-to-use-in-the-shower pump dispenser, extremely affordable price, thorough cleansing abilities [non-waterproof eye makeup included!] and mild ingredients identical to it's more expensive, unscented cousin-- Purpose. The downside for me is in NYC it's difficult to find. I tried every drugstore with no luck--the only place I could find that carries it is Bed, Bath & Beyond. Also, on my dry/combination skin it's perfect for my t-zone but can leave the dryer skin under my eyes and on my cheek area feeling a bit tight--nothing that can't be remedied with a good eye cream and moisturizer. I'll definitely repurchase this for the warmer months when I want a more thorough cleansing and switch back to Cerave in the Fall/Winter.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2010 4:22:00 PM More reviews by janejp

More than a review, this is just a note to myself:

I used this once or twice, and my face never felt so dry after a face wash. It was incredibly tight, and I couldn't stand the smell. I could not continue using this even if I wanted to.