February 28, 2015 | 1175 users online

Crème - Revlon - New Complexion One-Step Compact Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2010 11:16:00 PM More reviews by kittybearchiyo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Goes on smooth, lovely texture. I usually get a little on my hand and mix it with some moisturizer, but it's not too heavy for me to use with the sponge.

I was a bit worried about the color; I got the lightest shade and it still looked too dark, but once I put it on my skin it looked great.

Not the best I've used, but still pretty good.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2010 1:22:00 AM More reviews by maybelle

I'm going to state that I would only buy this item again if there was a better color range...the color range is awful! The color choices went from too light and cool to too dark even for my summer skin. I tried the slightly too dark one, and I really liked the coverage and the texture. This would be a very good compact foundation otherwise.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2010 3:22:00 AM More reviews by greenie247

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product is great! The coverage is fantastic and somewhat buildable, as long as you don't let it set before adding another layer. My only problem with it is that even the lightest shade is too dark for me. I bought it thinking I could make it work, and it's fine if I am going out at night and am going to be in a dimly-lit place (lol), but it's way too obvious in the daytime. I wish they would come out with lighter shades.

I was wearing this one day just to make some videos for YouTube and laze around the house. I cooked dinner, which had me standing in front of the stove in high heat and steam for a good amount of time and I was surprised to find that the makeup outlasted the heat and still looked flawless! That was amazing, since my skin is fairly oily in most spots.

I find that I do need a powder over this, because of my oily skin. I usually use either L'Oreal Hydra Perfecte translucent powder or Make Up For Ever HD powder. Both work well with this.

All in all, I am giving the product five lippies because the formula is exceptionally fantastic, even though the colors don't match me. (boo!) :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2010 12:40:00 AM More reviews by shailajan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is really easy to apply and looks natural. Can one use this under one's eyes?

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2010 7:36:00 PM More reviews by danielleashleyb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have no clue as to why the reviews are only average for this foundation. I have VERY fair skin and this is the only drugstore foundation that is light enough for me and covers extremely well! My friend recomended this foundation and I havent used another product since. It has great staying power for my combonation skin.

EDIT: I stopped using this as it would make me feel oily and would slide off. Good for dry skin ladies I'm guessing..as long as you get the right shade of course.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2010 2:10:00 PM More reviews by alina83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This didn't work for me at all. My skin had some dry patches around my chin and forehead which this product only accentuated. Also I got this in natural beige which is darker than it usually is so test carefully. It seemed to be oily and yet still drying :/ I def won't buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2010 5:11:00 PM More reviews by Katgal11

On Friday I wandered into Sephora hoping to spend a giftcard on the perfect foundation. The sales associate was very helpful and made me up in a full face of Cover Fx. The total cost for everything she was trying to sell me was $97 so I told her I wanted to wait a day to see if it broke me out before I committed. She was bummed--but I really wanted to make sure that it was worth the investment. When I got out of the store I booked it to Walgreens and decided to give this a try to see if it was comparable to the coverage I got from Cover Fx. It was (and lots cheaper!). I really like the product. I apply it with a foundation brush and just kind of stipple it onto my problem areas. The good thing about the creamy texture is that it covers very well and blends perfectly-so you can not detect where my makeup ends and my skin begins-so I don't need to do my whole face--just the discolored/red spots. The coverage is great, and I like the finish-it's very natural. I tend to be oily, but blotting just once in the afternoon seems to do the trick-and the product stays put pretty well. I'm considering buying another compact of this to have on hand for touchups throughout the day. It has not broken me out so far and I am very happy with it. I hope that they do not discontinue it!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/17/2010 6:25:00 PM More reviews by Caramel_Mimi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

horrid... too cakey and clay light... wont by this ever again... worst ive ever used...

rated 4 of 5 on 5/31/2010 3:35:00 PM More reviews by calibunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was actually happy with this product. My skin tends to get very oily in the t-zone so I try to stay away from cremes. However this creme goes on very smooth and actually helps reduce my shine. I purchased it in beige sand and the color works well for me. The case is actually nice, has a seperate area for the sponge. I do reccomend purchasing a bag of sponges and replacing every 1-2 weeks. However like most face makeup I purchase, it doesn't last past a few hours due to my oily complexion. When I reapply it tends to get dry in a few places. I prefer to wash my face completly then reapply.

I gave it a 4 because for a creme I was impressed with how good it looked on my skin and how it covered up my shine. It only started looking greasy after a couple time of reapplying and towards the end of my day.

However will not buy again because I beleive there is something better out there for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2010 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Leslie2754

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After using Bobbi Brown oil-free compact foundation for years, then trying Chanel TI, Clinique City Base foundation, and Loreal True Match oil-free compact foundation, I hesitantly decided to give Revlon's version of an oil-free compact a try. Wow! I have been so surprised! I absolutely love it! The coverage is great. It blends really well. And, the color is perfect. I am always oily, and I still have to blot mid-day, but the coverage is still great and the make-up looks amazing at the end of the day. I can't say that about any of the above products. Plus, the spf and low cost are added bonuses! It hasn't broken me out so far (after 1 week), and hopefully it won't! This will definitely be my new foundation, and what a relief to not have to pay $50 for make-up anymore! :)