Revlon New Complexion One-Step Compact Makeup

3.6

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (4%) Inactive Ingredients: Dimethicone, Isopropyl Isostearate, Talc, Silica, Neopentyl Glycol Diethlyhexanoate, Tribehenin, Isostearyl Behenate, Nylon 12, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Myristyl Myristate, Candelilla Cera (Euphorbia Cerifera Wax), Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Sorbitan Trioleate, Pentahyrdosqualene, Lauryl PEG/PPG 18/18 Methicone, Saccharomyces Zinc Ferment, Saccharomyces Copper Ferment, Saccharomyces Magnesium Ferment, Saccharomyces Iron Ferment, Saccharomyces Silicon Ferment, Saccharomyces Potassium Ferment, Cyclomethicone, Soy Amino Acids, Cera Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera Wax), Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyethylene, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Lecithin, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Alumina, Barium Sulfate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, BHT, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 9/15/2010 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

PROS: I actually quite like this foundation because it covers my acne scars but still looks natural.. however if you cake too much on, it can make pores look huuuuge! its not the best colour match ever but good compared with most foundations I try :\ im MAC NW40/NC42 & wear this in Rich Tan (teensy bit too dark)! This didn't break me out & actually controls my oily skin! :D

CONS: The sponge thing that came with this foundation is really unhygienic even tho i wash it in very hot water after every use.. I feel like I'm spreading bacteria all over my already spotty face lmaao!

EDIT: not natural enough after layering & has the wrong undertones so im taking my 4 down to a 3

on 7/27/2010 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Cool

I got this while looking for a comparable dupe for mac studio tech. I'm nc 42/43 for reference and got this in "natural tan", okay match but not the same color. Worked though.
Pros
+ $10 and can be purchased just about anywhere
+ has sunscreen
+ creamy
+ medium- full coverage
+ compartment for puff

Cons
- poor color selection, most store only carry 6 shades
- not as thick as studio tech so you need to use more to get the same coverage
- cheap packaging
- low quality puff, thinking of replacing it with a mac puff

This did make my skin look flawless and covered redness and acne. Gets alittle shiny in the t-zone but not oily, just dewy. But so does studio tech on me which can be fixed with some powder.
I don't recommend this for people with oily skin as they might have a problem with oily with this foundation.

I take off one lippie because of the cheap packaging and how the consistency isn't up to mac studio tech and you need to apply more for the desired coverage.

All in all this is a suitable dupe for mac studio tech. For $10 compared to $30 I will buy this again if I cannot get the mac one and also for days I don't want to waste my mac one like if I'm just running errands ect, plus this is good if I'm going to be outside for the sun protection. I have also used covergirl aquasmooth which is not a comparable dupe so I don't recommend that one. The packaging is very cheap so I recommend getting a mac sponge or using something else to apply.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Goes on smooth, lovely texture. I usually get a little on my hand and mix it with some moisturizer, but it's not too heavy for me to use with the sponge.

I was a bit worried about the color; I got the lightest shade and it still looked too dark, but once I put it on my skin it looked great.

Not the best I've used, but still pretty good.

on 7/17/2010 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm going to state that I would only buy this item again if there was a better color range...the color range is awful! The color choices went from too light and cool to too dark even for my summer skin. I tried the slightly too dark one, and I really liked the coverage and the texture. This would be a very good compact foundation otherwise.

on 7/10/2010 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This product is great! The coverage is fantastic and somewhat buildable, as long as you don't let it set before adding another layer. My only problem with it is that even the lightest shade is too dark for me. I bought it thinking I could make it work, and it's fine if I am going out at night and am going to be in a dimly-lit place (lol), but it's way too obvious in the daytime. I wish they would come out with lighter shades.

I was wearing this one day just to make some videos for YouTube and laze around the house. I cooked dinner, which had me standing in front of the stove in high heat and steam for a good amount of time and I was surprised to find that the makeup outlasted the heat and still looked flawless! That was amazing, since my skin is fairly oily in most spots.

I find that I do need a powder over this, because of my oily skin. I usually use either L'Oreal Hydra Perfecte translucent powder or Make Up For Ever HD powder. Both work well with this.

All in all, I am giving the product five lippies because the formula is exceptionally fantastic, even though the colors don't match me. (boo!) :)

on 7/10/2010 12:40:00 AM

This is really easy to apply and looks natural. Can one use this under one's eyes?

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have no clue as to why the reviews are only average for this foundation. I have VERY fair skin and this is the only drugstore foundation that is light enough for me and covers extremely well! My friend recomended this foundation and I havent used another product since. It has great staying power for my combonation skin.

EDIT: I stopped using this as it would make me feel oily and would slide off. Good for dry skin ladies I'm guessing..as long as you get the right shade of course.

on 6/29/2010 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This didn't work for me at all. My skin had some dry patches around my chin and forehead which this product only accentuated. Also I got this in natural beige which is darker than it usually is so test carefully. It seemed to be oily and yet still drying :/ I def won't buy this again.

on 6/21/2010 5:11:00 PM

On Friday I wandered into Sephora hoping to spend a giftcard on the perfect foundation. The sales associate was very helpful and made me up in a full face of Cover Fx. The total cost for everything she was trying to sell me was $97 so I told her I wanted to wait a day to see if it broke me out before I committed. She was bummed--but I really wanted to make sure that it was worth the investment. When I got out of the store I booked it to Walgreens and decided to give this a try to see if it was comparable to the coverage I got from Cover Fx. It was (and lots cheaper!). I really like the product. I apply it with a foundation brush and just kind of stipple it onto my problem areas. The good thing about the creamy texture is that it covers very well and blends perfectly-so you can not detect where my makeup ends and my skin begins-so I don't need to do my whole face--just the discolored/red spots. The coverage is great, and I like the finish-it's very natural. I tend to be oily, but blotting just once in the afternoon seems to do the trick-and the product stays put pretty well. I'm considering buying another compact of this to have on hand for touchups throughout the day. It has not broken me out so far and I am very happy with it. I hope that they do not discontinue it!

on 6/17/2010 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Cool

horrid... too cakey and clay light... wont by this ever again... worst ive ever used...