October 24, 2014 | 870 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Velvet - Mulch

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2010 3:20:00 PM More reviews by MakeUp4Fun

Love the color, not the texture. This eyeshadow is a true brown with golden sheen. The texture is inferior to some other MAC shadows like Sable and Satin Taupe. Mulch's texture is a lot stiffer, so it doesn't glide on as easily as others. This is supposed to be "velvety" versas "frosted" for satin taupe, but there's nothing velvety about Mulch.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2010 8:41:00 AM More reviews by CrisAlex

This is a great colour for applying on the crease but also for applying lightly over the lid for a dark eyed look. I was afraid to buy it because the photos on MUA made it look reddish but when I went to look at it at the store, it actually looked like a dark bronzy chocolaty brown with the tiniest bit of red that doesn't even show up on me. So yes, I love this colour and I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2010 3:16:00 PM More reviews by Olivine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Initially I was a little afraid to try this colour as I thought it may be extremely red and dark on my fair skin. But it's actually the most beautiful medium shimmery chocolate brown colour with a hint of bronze on me. Kind of neutral with a kick, the reddish undertones are actually (not to mention surprisingly and thankfully I might add) very subtle and just give it a bit of dimension to make it a little more than your 'basic' brown. I would imagine this shade would look gorgeous next to any eye colour and could suit many skintones as well. This shade looks fab partnered with Naked Lunch for an everyday look imo.

One lippie off as the texture of this e/s really isn't the best. I've never really liked MAC's Velvet texture and this is no exception. If you over apply the colour can look too dark, muddy/dirty and it can be hard to blend properly. I find you have to play around with Mulch quite a bit to get it to look just right. If it doesn't look right initially don't give up! But applied lightly to the crease, on the lid or wet as a liner this shade is gorgeous imo.

Would definitely repurchase. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2010 5:29:00 PM More reviews by zeppelin15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I find myself using this eyeshadow quite frequenty.
It's a Warm golden brown that looks great against my eye color.
It looks great in the crease, but I just apply it all over my lid for an easy smokey eye look.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2010 3:57:00 PM More reviews by Daantje3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of those shadows i love in the pan and on others but just doesn't seem right for me. It makes my undereyebags stand out like crazy and i had trouble with the payoff. Prefer MAC bronze for example

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2010 11:05:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this at the urging of my daughter and I'm so glad I listened to her. This is a gorgeous shade of brown with gold flecks. It's a colour I never thought I could wear but the flecks are more "illuminating" than they are frosty or harsh. A great colour that would probably flatter anyone, whatever their skin tone or eye colour.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2010 10:51:00 AM More reviews by SugarBabyRach

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Not much to say really, an essential eyeshadow for me, love it basically :)

Gorgeous dark brown flecked with gold.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2010 4:24:00 AM More reviews by Lorrainee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite eyeshadows. It looks great on any skin tone when used correctly. My favorite part about this eyeshadow is that it works for every occasion. Use it subtly for everyday use, or heavily for a smokey eye / dramatic look. Perfect for any time any place any day. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2010 6:08:00 PM More reviews by xoxjulie21xox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Its not an eyeshadow i reach for everyday, i find you have to apply it heavily in order for it to show up. I don't think i would buy this one again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2010 8:44:00 PM More reviews by kad9k

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

If you asked me to name my favorite MAC eyeshadows, I probably wouldn't think of this, and yet I use it all the time. It's just a workhorse dark brown shimmery shadow. It goes with so many looks. It's not too red, not too gold, not too chunky (like Tempting, which is another favorite, but a little harder to work with). I've hit pan on this and will definitely repurchase.