November 27, 2014 | 933 users online

Moisturizers - Jurlique - Calendula Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2006 4:49:00 AM More reviews by almighty_curv

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this
I have sensitive dry pimple-prone skin and this moisturises yet also heals my skin and prevents future break outs.

You must try this

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2006 3:02:00 PM More reviews by PatGrover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my HG moisturizer. I tried everything LaMer, Dermalogica, Lancome, Dr. Hauschka and so many more. This evens out my skin and doesn't break me out. Which is usually what happens with me when i try a new moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2006 10:46:00 AM More reviews by Cantatrice

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have extremely dry skin that tends to break out and get flakey at the same time. A friend recommended this product to me along with Day Care Face Cream. What she told me to was this - take tiniest amount of two creams and blend them in. Apply the mix all over the face. My face is cleared of blemishes, and people would comment on how well I look. I am buying this again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2006 7:28:00 AM More reviews by miss_mac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use this product for everything. Cuts, burns, rashes, breakouts, eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis, insect bites, sunburn and any other irritations! It makes everything heal so much quicker and adds moisture to the skin. Such a great multi-purpose product.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2006 3:17:00 PM More reviews by calico

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a fantastic moisturiser which had worked wonders for my face. Two months ago, I had a really bad breakout along my jawline, an area in which I hardly ever break out. Moisturisers I had used up to that point had been too light, too watery, or too heavy. Was at the airport when I picked up a tube of this in the smaller size. After two months of usage, I can say that this product had not only soothe my skin, it has also soften it, made it smoother and my skin is alot clearer and alot calmer. I am using this with my Tretinoin cream (Retin-A) and maybe it's due to the combination of both, but I have not seen a new zit for many weeks now. It really is amazing, especially when not so long ago, I was seeing a new zit every other day.
The consistency seems thick at first, but feels like nothing going on, and this from someone with oily blemish-prone skin. There is a very light fragrance to it that is quite pleasant, and it works well even in hot humid weather. I will definitely buy again, and in the larger size. A keeper.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2006 12:32:00 AM More reviews by blondeangelwing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The thing with this is, it does moisturize but it does the same as ALL Jurlique moisturizers do, Break me out :( I didn't realize that this moisturizer along w/ the rest of them contain Cocobutter. That is a massive clogger for some people and even though my skin is dry, the coco butter always gets me for some reason.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2006 12:40:00 AM More reviews by uc4eva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I got this as a present from my sister because I told her my face was really dry, as in peeling dry. I think it worked fine for the most part in the summer, but not so much for the winter. My skin is really dry again, but I use the moisturizer daily. I like how it does not cause break out and it's all natural, non-irritating. However, I don't love the smell and texture that much. In all, it's not moisturinzing enough for me in teh winter. I think I will try out cetaphil for my dry sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2006 9:47:00 PM More reviews by greatgrains

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is the best moisturiser/soothing cream ever! I have very oily, sensitive skin. It skin used to become very irritated, splotchy and red during the time of the month and I would also get 1 or 2 huge zits. I've tried many products to soothe it but this is the only product that works. Used this for about 2 months now and my skin no longer gets inflamed. The zits have also stayed away.

I don't know why some do not like the packaging, I like it in the tube because you can squeeze out what you need each time... much more hygienic than a pot!

It has no added fragrance, another bonus for me.

EDIT: I've been diagnosed with eczema and had to overhaul my whole skincare routine. My dermatologist, however, approved the continued use of this product as a moisturiser, which I guess implies that this is suitable also for sensitive skin!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2006 7:50:00 PM More reviews by leslieal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this cream based on the reviews here. While I think the quality and consistency of this product is quite good, it will not be something I purchase again. It made me break out on my cheeks and felt heavy. I went to Jurlique yesterday, and found out that it was probably an allergic reaction. I HAD NO IDEA CALENDULA WAS PART OF THE RAGWEED FAMILY. *lightbulb goes on* Yes, I have ragweed allergies and, since this a calendula cream that is high in, well, calendula, it would explain the reaction. Wanted to post in case this helps anyone here. FYI: Much of the Jurlique line is calendula-based. I use the pine AHC or the OPC make-up remover(has some calendula in it but I have no issues here, perhaps because it is a lower percentage and I wash it off) to cleanse and just bought the jojoba oil to moisturize...so far I am liking this combo, but it is only day two.

Wish me luck.

:-)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2006 8:36:00 PM More reviews by malane

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this cream! Got it on Ebay. Was totally expecting it to break me out, but nothing! And it provides awesome moisturization for the winter months. Even though it's pricey, you only need a little bit to cover your face and neck so it lasts a long time.