September 17, 2014 | 2055 users online

Mascara - Revlon - Lash Fantasy Mascara

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2008 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Shamisen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I didn't like this at first but it's growing on me. I don't think I would repurchase because I still liked the L'oreal one better but it's not too bad at all, especially if you let the primer dry before applying the second coat.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2008 9:25:00 AM More reviews by huiwen86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Very unimpressive. I bought this because I wanted to try out the special brush (which promises no clumps... what a joke). The primer is kind of icky... I don't mind that it's white, because most primers are white anyway, but the texture is gooey, and lumpy and makes my lashes stick together. The mascara is watery, and when used with the primer, only highlights clumps. I also find that the primer straightens out my lashes instead of curling. Big massive no-no for me.

On the other hand, when I use the mascara by itself, it's a lot better, although still a very average product. I think it would be a lot better buying a mascara-only product, rather than the mascara-primer combination.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2008 4:02:00 PM More reviews by mkupluvr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a review about the Lash Fantasy TOTAL Definition. Finally Revlon got one of their mascaras right. This mascara is fairly new, it has a primer on one end, mascara on the other. The difference is this time around it has the famous rubbery brush. The primer does its job if you let it dry, and the mascaras formula is medium weight.Amazing volumizer, decent length. It holds a decent curl and doesnt smudge. For $9 its totally worth trying at the least.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2008 6:17:00 PM More reviews by darkhairedcogirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I guess I have oily eyelids or something because I have problems with mascaras smudging underneath my eyes. Since I don't want to run around looking like a raccoon, I've tried many different mascaras to find one that stays on my eyelashes. I also have thin short eyelashes so I want something that will make my eyelashes dark and long. This is the only mascara I've found that doesn't smudge but can be easily removed at night. The primer is so much easier to cover than other brands (like Maybelline) and if you're in a rush, the mascara looks good without the primer, too. The mascara doesn't flake either, and it looks great!
Edit: Ok this mascara does smudge, so I had to resort to applying the mascara to the tips of my eyelashes only. And it still smudged! Now I've found a much better mascara (Too Faced Lash Injection) which makes my eyelashes look soo long and dark and won't EVER smudge. I'm never looking back!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2008 12:58:00 PM More reviews by macangel39

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I actually like this mascara. I would definetly purchase it again. I got it at Walgreens for around 2.00. I got the Black. I like the primer and the fact that I can put a small amount of mascara on the bottom lashes without the primer.I would repurchase this for sure. If someone wanted super dramatic lashes I could see where they would not like this. I wanted beautifully natural long lashes and this gave me it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2008 12:10:00 PM More reviews by littlebella25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wish I could give this 3 stars (an average rating) but it isn't even average. Upon applying the primer I was a little put off by the slightly white appearance of my lashes, but I continued with the second part of the application. Is there ever mascara in the tube for crying out loud? No darkness, no length, no volume, no buildability. The mascara part is entirely useless unless you like going through the motions of putting on make up with out actually seeing any results.

Frustrated, I grabbed my Maybelline Full n' Soft and applied over the primer portion of the Revlon Lash Fantasy and WOW--my eye lashes suddenly became full, lengthy and dark-- like paint brushes!

I never saw the need for an eyelash primer and honestly Full n' Soft and some other mascaras can stand fine on their own without one, but at least I can find use in half of this otherwise waste of a mascara it is a nice little extra for my Full n' Soft. There is no fantasy in this primer/mascara combo! Oh, and I found the dual ended tube to be quite the pain in the ass (not to mention less formula for your money).

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2008 8:39:00 PM More reviews by CraxFactor

This primer looked like frosting on my eyelashes. Then of course the mascara clumped like crazy and gave me dirtface. Never once was able to put it on without clumping and smearing. Brush didn't help. Maybe I'm using this wrong. Tossed the f*cker..

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2008 4:14:00 PM More reviews by vandael

I used this mascara for about three years in college... completely unaware that there was waaaay better out there for about the same cost. I REALLY like the primer, but the actually mascara was only OK. It gives a very natural lash look, which was perfect for everyday class for me. But if I wanted to go for a dramatic, night-time look I would have to coat like crazy. Seriously, who wants to do that? Once I was introduced to Lancome mascaras, I became a convert and never looked back. Overall, decent mascara for someone on a budget... but you're better off getting Max Factor 2000 Calorie or Cover Girl Lash Blast for the same price.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/24/2008 7:26:00 PM More reviews by PnmnianPrincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Can I give this a 2.5?? I like the primer side, but the mascara side blows. It gave me a little volume, but my lashes are already thick, I just basically wanted some length. This is definitely not the one. I tried the primer side with Volume Exact and it worked pretty well, super dramatic. So primer side, a-okay, mascara side, craptastic.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/10/2008 10:19:00 PM More reviews by superha74

I'm torn about this product...the primer is actually pretty decent for a DS brand and the mascara works great on my non-existing bottom lashes..however, on my top lashes, it totally took the curl out and after trying to apply a 2nd coat, it starts to flake. I tried this with my MISSHA primer(my HG) and it clumped and flaked even more! I've taken to just using it on my bottom lashes for now with the accompanying primer until I use it up or it dries out..whichever comes first. I don't think I would buy this again.