September 19, 2014 | 1288 users online

Fragrances - Lolita Lempicka - Lolita Lempicka

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2011 5:44:00 PM More reviews by TipTopTap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like the opening scents this perfume offers: Vert, a little woodsy, earthy, licorice.

However on me it simply does not last. Right now I'm inhaling into my shirt and maybe getting only the slightest wiff.

For $25 at TJMaxx- I don't feel burned, but I am a little disappointed. It does look adorable on my vanity though.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2011 9:01:00 PM More reviews by Babydolly01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I must say this perfume smells sooooo pretty!!! It smells delightfully sweet but not nasty like candy smelling perfume. I love it. I did not test this before I bought it, so i was kinda scared to buy it but it amazed me soo much of how nice it smelled. It smells like licorice and vanilla mixed together and a little bit fruity but not too fruity like Ed Hardy which I hate!!!!( Ed hardy smells like little girl perfume). I will definetely be purchasing this once I run out :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2011 3:02:00 PM More reviews by kittytokaren

Ok, this smell is really not for me. I may be the only one who experienced this, because I'm a little disturbed lol, but I was initially drawn to this perfume because of it's name. I was like, a perfume with a name inspired by Lolita? I must have it! And I looked it up, the designer of this perfume created her pseudonym as a homage to Nabokov, I was right. I was so excited, I expected it to smell like... Dolores, Dolly, Lo, Lolita. Her innocence and her devious nature, her vulnerability and her manipulation, fresh but at the same time earthy and dirty. I am so nerdy. And yeah, I was so disappointed.

To me, initially it smells like spoiled cherry cough syrup. Like really toxic sweet. With a hint of licorice that has been rotting away in a dank basement for a few years. Not pleasant. And then, curiously enough, it dries down to generic perfume smell. Like the smell of the middle of the cosmetic section in a department store. All of the perfumes, high end and cheapy celebrity alike, mixed together. It's not necessarily bad, it's just not really my cup of tea. Considering that I have read good reviews for this, it may be a personal thing about the initial smell, but it was so awful for me I just can't bring myself to spray it again. A shame. :(

***EDIT: Ok, I was a little scathing in my original review. And I do kind of maintain most of those views. The smell of this when it's still wet on the skin is like a small slice of death. I was feeling adventurous this morning and I saw this perfume sample, and I thought why the hell not? And when I first sprayed it (a very tiny half squirt, might I add) I had to turn my face away it was so pungent. But after a few minutes, I dunno, it was kinda nice. It's feminine and girly, but at the same time, it's sensuous and mature and... a little dangerous. An odd word to describe a smell, but it's the only way I can think to explain it. And the dry down is nice, not as much of a mish mash as I originally thought. A little smoky. So it actually is rather Lolita-ish, a paradox, sweet but sultry, just much stronger than I expected. More than a tiny spray would probably be overwhelming, and this perfume has really impressive lasting power. Overall, I can't say I love it, but i can't say it's a bad perfume. I'm glad I gave it another chance.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2011 10:57:00 PM More reviews by FeeFee34

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Top Notes: Ivy, Anise Seed
Middle Notes: Violet, Amarise, Licorice, Amarena
Base Notes: Vetiver, Tonka, Vanilla, Musk
I owned this for almost exactly a year, all in all probably wore it for about a month, and recently gave it away to a friend because this simply isn't a scent I enjoy on myself or ever crave to wear. It opens far too crisp and green for my liking, then settles into a peppery, masculine aftershave scent that isn't as warm and comforting as I prefer my fragrances to be. I don't get any vanilla or musk from this, and very little of the licorice I originally bought it for. I think LL is interesting, pleasing, but not something I enjoy on myself. Oh, but I do find the packaging undeniably adorable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2011 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Magixz

Again, I could only find a small 1 oz. bottle of this lovely scent, but I grabbed it quick. This has a little different smell than the L fragrance. I do like it very much. I can't tell whether I like this one or the L one the best.
;-) I have 3 in this collection and I can't really say which one I love the most! I think they are each unique to their self and I love different things about each one of them. I find they only last about 3 or 4 hours no matter which one I wear though. I wish they lasted longer but such is as it is with lovely perfumes. I will buy a large bottle when I can find one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2011 11:36:00 PM More reviews by HIYELLOW

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my absolute favorite fragrances is Lolita Lempicka in the purple bottle. It's so mysterious. I was so intrigued by the unusual fragrance; licorice, anise, herbs,lilac and cherries. It dries down to a slight powerdery fragrance but the licorice is noticeable. It's so unusual and my husband loves it. It lasts all day, moreso than Minuit or Forbidden flower and unlike my other fragrances I spray five or six sprays because I love the smell. It's slightly powdery, with a hint of sweetness and herbal. It's strange in a wonderful way and ladies always ask me what I am wearing and compliment the fragrance. It is unlike anything I've experienced.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 1:44:00 AM More reviews by Tigerlilyfeet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ahhh Lolita Lempicka! I have so many fond memories that smell like this scent. I ordered it unsniffed back in 2001 and I thought foolishly at the time it would smell like caramel apples and violets..Yes I'm a dork and back then I somehow thought scents would always match the bottles...

So yeah imagine my suprise when I was assaulted by licorice that first spray! I still remember it to this day. I thought of licorice and cherry suckers and the movie Lolita..hehe!

Well it grew on me and I've went through at least 4 bottles of it...It's a staple in my collection now...Lolita Lempicka is by far one of my favorite designers for fragrances...Don't you just love the tobacco drydown? How cool is that! I mean really this scent is unique..Oh and men do absolutely love this scent..I think Amanda79 on Fragrantica coined this one perfectly! "If magic had a smell"...yes I totally agree!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 5:52:00 PM More reviews by Apizzle

I've worn this perfume off and on for many years now. Everytime I wear it it brings back so many great memories.. a blast from the past! Great scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2011 3:02:00 AM More reviews by liea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This perfume was released in 1997 i got it as a present in the same year,have been wearing this perfume since then. i try different fragrances but keeps coming back to my signature perfume which is lolita lempicka. i love it so much that i always have one bottle on my dressing table and the other one in my handbag.its a floral, sweet but not so overpowering feminine perfume some of its notes are ivy leaves, licorice flower, anise seed, amarena cherry, violets, iris, vanilla, praline, tonka bean, vetiver and musk.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by misroule

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I wasn't so sure about this one at first, as it's far sweeter than what I usually wear, but now I find it irresistible. I used up my sample from Sephora and couldn't quit smelling myself. I ended up purchasing the full size the next week.

At first spritz it's sweet and powdery, but also oddly sharp likely because of the licorice. The dry down is amazing - on me it's smells like violet, vanilla and something a little woodsy or musky.

This is a very feminine and girly scent, but it's also mysterious and has an edge to it. I could see people loving or hating it. I can't live without it! As others have noted, the bottle is gorgeous.