April 18, 2014 | 865 users online

Toners - Clinique - Clarifying Lotion #2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 6:46:00 AM More reviews by sunkissed88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this and it really helps my dry skin. My skin is SO dry that no moisturizers worked well enough for me, I even used to slather vaseline on my T-zone. I have a very dry T-zone and normal cheeks.

When I use this, my skin feels like it can breathe. I've tried other toners and they never do this. Actually, I don't even know if this is a toner... The girl at my counter said it was like a lotion. and it really does work. I have the dramatically different moisturizer as well, but i dont put that all over my face. I only dab it throughout the day on areas of my face that get dry throughout the day.

The big bottle seemed a little pricey to me so I got the smaller bottle at Nordstrom that was like $12? Something like that, anyway. I absolutely love this and when I run out, I will go buy the big bottle. I use a burts bees face wash, this, and then I dab the clinique dramat. diff. lotion on areas of my face that get dry that get dry throughout the day and my skin has never felt better!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2012 7:56:00 PM More reviews by XalisaheartsmakeupX

LOVEEEE! I cant believe the ratings aren't 5 stars on here:/ dont hesitate to try this out, I am in love with everything Clinique, this stuff gets rid of the makeup and dirt on my face that gets left behind and it leaves a tingling feeling that makes your face feel really clean, and I makes my skin really soft! It doesnt dry out my skin in any way or make it more oily. I will be using this stuff forever now and will always be repurchasing!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2012 5:43:00 PM More reviews by amillionbucks

I love this stuff! It feels great going on and does a good job sloughing away the last (sometimes invisible) remnants left behind after washing my face. It feels cool and tingly going on, which I find soothing. It dries oily spots when they appear and soothes any irritation I'm experiencing. I would give this product 5 stars, except that this product is mostly Witch Hazel, which can be bought t the drugstore for a much lower price. However, for me, the additional ingredients Clinique adds to create the soothing cooling experience are worth the extra money for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2011 3:11:00 PM More reviews by pualonnie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm hooked. I am oily/combination skin and the sales girl suggested I try this. I LOVE IT. When I first smelled it, I thought I would hate it because I am very sensitive to smells and the witch hazel smell is strong at first. However, it goes away after application.This has worked wonders on my skin. I don't get a lot of pimples, but when I do, I swab this on 3 times a day and they clear up within a day or two. Also picks up any dirt left behind by my regular cleanser. I will continue to buy this for as long as they sell it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2011 5:15:00 PM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

I can't believe this has such low ratings.
After years of battling with acne and troubled skin - this product saved me. I didn't even know what toner was or how to use it, until I started reading about Clinique's 3-Step Skin Care program, since I was desperate to have nice skin and be rid of my horrible skin. I had received these as samples in a GWP and the first time you try toner is certainly an experience. Needless to say, this product has been lifechanging, and is the only worthwhile "step" in the 3-step program. Using this, along with other proper skincare techniques and lifestyle changes has positively changed my skin. Although I am so sick of this product now, because I have been using it consistently for 4 years, I still love it because of how it helped me. As much as I used acne products and removed my makeup and cleansed regularly, my face was never and is never fully clean until I use toner.

Yes, there is a scent, and this product does contain alcohol. The strength of the scent increases with the number, as you move from level 2 to 4. I did not find the alcohol to be drying, because I follow immediately with a moisturizer, which you should if you're going to be using a toner.

Because I got bored of this, I tried other toners (Lancome, Estee Lauder), and while they were also effective, and had a better scent, I think I will return to using this one for the price. Those were more expensive and didn't perform any better or any worse.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2011 6:14:00 PM More reviews by lealealea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It and the rest of the 3 step system actually saved my skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2011 8:27:00 PM More reviews by theparsley

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm not sure why I even put this on my face. Well, besides the fact that it was free. It smells absolutely terrible; I could overlook that if it actually helped my skin, but alas. One use gave me crazy acne on my cheeks and forehead (where I don't usually break out) after burning and stinging my face within an inch of its life. I decided I didn't want to waste it and used it around my eye area to help remove residual makeup. The next day, I had a zit on my EYELID. No joke. This stuff is horrific!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2011 10:22:00 AM More reviews by sharreb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I wanted to give it a 0 because whatever ingredient that was in there - i reacted badly. This is the first time it got so bad.
The lady said its anti inflammatory hence the smell and makes eyes stink when in close proximity- i should have took it as a warning to stay away from it. But since my face responded well with the cleanser i gave it a try. Worst decision of my life and thank goodness i quit trying by the 3rd day- even then the reaction was horrid.
It gave me:
1. dry patches - some are even red
2. flaky skin all over my face and my neck
3. my skin feels like sand paper and worse on my necks - bumps and itches
Note that i follow the sales girl's instruction to the T; how to wet it on the cotton, putting with upward motion and she asked me to use on my neck.
The first day i thought my skin needs to time to adjust to the new product but with the itching i couldnt take it- then i google with the keywords and found many people like me are sensitive to some of the harsh ingredients they put in here. Some ppl tried to keep faith with the product and stayed with it for 3 weeks ended with eczema. Im lucky i quit early; switch bak to my old products (but continue with their soap) plus daily night sleep in mask. I have to reiterate the flakiness was so embarassing. It took me 2 weeks to reverse the damage- some people had it worst.
Although i've read other users were ok with the product.
Bottom line- get a sample bottle if you really want to try. And if you get a reaction, throw the bottle away and look for a better product elsewhere!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 10:36:00 AM More reviews by LookingGood85

I used this number Clarifying lotion as it was given to me by a friend who had no use for it. I like the way it made my skin feel, but whilst using this one I was prone to breakouts. Im back using number 3 now, as my skin is very much on the oilier side!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 10:17:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

oh man...i can feel and smell the alcohol in this product. I tried using this for a few days and noticed it took my radiance away. I will stick to Proactiv's toner lotion, its more gentle without the scent or the feel of alcohol.