Clinique Clarifying Lotion #2

2.9

2011 Reformulation: Water, Alcohol Denat., Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel), Menthol, Trehalose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Benzophenone-4, Red 6, Red 33, Violet 2

on 5/31/2012 10:49:00 AM

I have used this a couple of years now. It is harsh - but I have acne prone skin and I need it. I only apply at night and it makes my skin feel cleaner and seems to help prevent breakouts. My skin is sensitive and dry and I sometimes feel a sting - but I just think that it means it is really working. I put on moisturizer and all is well. Does not dry out my face but it does redden it just a little so I would never use it during the day.

on 5/30/2012 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

After years of using Seabreeze astringent, I was ready for a change. I tried the Clinique Clarifying lotion and immediately I could feel my skin being refreshed. I have been religiously using this product for 2 years now and I am constantly being complimented on my "clear skin". Yes there is alcohol in it...de-natured alcohol (so it's less abrasive). It's definitely worth a shot if your searching for a new toner.

on 5/30/2012 6:46:00 AM

I was suprised at how bad this product was because I love some of Clinique's other products. I don't know how they even sell this lotion! I usually use Lush's Eau De Roma toner on my face (which is just rosewater and lavender water) and as soon as I'd put this Clinique clarifying lotion on my face I felt as though someone had thrown a bucket of methylated spirits over my head. It stung to the point where I wondered if I was going to have an allergic reaction (and my skin isn't super sensitive). This product hardly deserves a 1/5.

on 5/17/2012 4:25:00 AM

Terrible, terrible product! It's basically pure alcohol and drying beyond belief. Shame on you, Clinique!

on 5/17/2012 4:16:00 AM

My HG. Wouldn't change it for any other brand. A little harsh perhaps for new users, but it does the job.

on 5/2/2012 12:36:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

i love this product, it really can clean my skin, face or body. and i love the smell.

on 4/11/2012 11:01:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Way too harsh for my skin! Alchol is on top of the ingredients of this product and that's why I really don't like it! When you open the bottle you can smell it! It dries my skin and it doesn't help if you have sensitive skin!

on 4/2/2012 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

The packaging is awful, as is the product. It is drying, only causes more breakouts, and stings horribly.

VILE! that's all you need to know! Its like putting acid on the face. If I could rate this zero then I would!

on 3/28/2012 6:36:00 PM

First bought it a few years back and I had good results with it. Cleaned the skin well and improved it a lot. Stopped using it for a while but then bought it again late last year. Either my skin changed or this product did. Now it's basically like putting alcohol on your face and it does nothing but dry your skin out. A complete waste of money. Overrated product by an overrated brand.