Clinique Clarifying Lotion #2

2.9

2011 Reformulation: Water, Alcohol Denat., Glycerin, Salicylic Acid, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel), Menthol, Trehalose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol, Citric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Disodium EDTA, BHT, Phenoxyethanol, Benzophenone-4, Red 6, Red 33, Violet 2

on 5/30/2012 6:46:00 AM

I was suprised at how bad this product was because I love some of Clinique's other products. I don't know how they even sell this lotion! I usually use Lush's Eau De Roma toner on my face (which is just rosewater and lavender water) and as soon as I'd put this Clinique clarifying lotion on my face I felt as though someone had thrown a bucket of methylated spirits over my head. It stung to the point where I wondered if I was going to have an allergic reaction (and my skin isn't super sensitive). This product hardly deserves a 1/5.

on 5/17/2012 4:25:00 AM

Terrible, terrible product! It's basically pure alcohol and drying beyond belief. Shame on you, Clinique!

on 5/17/2012 4:16:00 AM

My HG. Wouldn't change it for any other brand. A little harsh perhaps for new users, but it does the job.

on 5/2/2012 12:36:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

i love this product, it really can clean my skin, face or body. and i love the smell.

on 4/11/2012 11:01:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Way too harsh for my skin! Alchol is on top of the ingredients of this product and that's why I really don't like it! When you open the bottle you can smell it! It dries my skin and it doesn't help if you have sensitive skin!

on 4/2/2012 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

The packaging is awful, as is the product. It is drying, only causes more breakouts, and stings horribly.

VILE! that's all you need to know! Its like putting acid on the face. If I could rate this zero then I would!

on 3/28/2012 6:36:00 PM

First bought it a few years back and I had good results with it. Cleaned the skin well and improved it a lot. Stopped using it for a while but then bought it again late last year. Either my skin changed or this product did. Now it's basically like putting alcohol on your face and it does nothing but dry your skin out. A complete waste of money. Overrated product by an overrated brand.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

Used this in my teens, didn't like the alcohol, went through 2 whole sets of the entire 3 step range. Tried the one for normal skin, dried me out, then tried the one for dry skin and didn't clean me well I felt. Can't say this is a bad product since it's been on the market for like FOREVER and my housemate at the time used it too and her acne skin cleared up tremendously (oh yea, back then I had prob free pretty perfect skin) So yea, didn't work for me but must have redeeming qualities considering its survival all these years.

on 3/1/2012 7:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is the best toner on the market. Why? Because its the only one that does its job properly. It cleans and clears the skin perfectly, you can see all the dirt that comes off even after using a cleanser before using the toner. I lost all my pimples and all the sebum seems to be gone. I never found anything close to this since then.
It sure got alcohol in it, but you need the alcohol for desinfecting purposes.