September 1, 2014 | 1351 users online

Toners - Clinique - Clarifying Lotion #2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2012 7:29:00 AM More reviews by TiniD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best toner on the market. Why? Because its the only one that does its job properly. It cleans and clears the skin perfectly, you can see all the dirt that comes off even after using a cleanser before using the toner. I lost all my pimples and all the sebum seems to be gone. I never found anything close to this since then.
It sure got alcohol in it, but you need the alcohol for desinfecting purposes.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2012 11:28:00 AM More reviews by sarahjayne000

After reading the reviews on here, I assumed that the people who didn't get on with this were using it wrong etc. I went and got a sample from my local boots to try it out for myself.

I had the full consultation and was recommended number 2, which is what I thought I needed too. I went on to use it as directed, and I honestly really liked it to start with. I enjoyed the slight tingly sensation, and it was probably all in my head but my skin seemed to feel smoother.

After about a week of using it and getting on well with it, I started to notice that I was 5pm oily at only 11am ... Usually I blot and powder at about 3pm at work and that takes me through to the evening. But all of a sudden by 11-12 my makeup was running down my face.

I didn't think using the exfoliant would do this as it claims to reduce oiliness, and I had just switched cleanser so I thought it could be that. So I put everything back to my usual routine apart from this and, long story short, it was this that was making my skin oily.

I suppose it was stripping my skin of oils to the point where my skin started over-producing. If, like me, you have normal-combo skin and no real complaints, I wouldn't try this. It has such mixed reviews that IMO it's not worth the gamble. My skin is pretty robust and not sensitive either, so I was shocked to see how this one thing could affect me so much.

I stick to an alcohol free toner now (Lancome Tonique Douceur) and love it. I'll never delve into the world of the Clinique 3-step system again. (The facial soap was just awful too - it felt like nearly-set jelly on my face, smelt bad, didn't clean my skin and just felt nasty)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2012 4:09:00 AM More reviews by HannahMariaLouise

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have never written a review before on makeupalley, but than the clinique toner came a cross and I really felt like telling what I thought about it. I absolutly Hated it! Clinique is for a sensitive skin. ehhh I don't think so, it made my skin dry like hell and it actually hurt my skin so bad. I got a horrible allergic reaction to it. And i have used it like I was told to do it. I really felt very bad about this product, it is very expensive( i come from Holland and the prices are way higher than in the US.) and it promised me gentle products who will give me a good skin. I have never ever used something that made me react to it like clinique did and never used something that was so agressive. Overal I'm really dissapointed about this product and I do not believe that clinique is a great brand anymore. I will never purcase this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 2:47:00 PM More reviews by 01mb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used the Clarifying lotion for oily skin years ago, but stopped using as I became a little older and my skin a lot drier. I recieved a sample of the Clarifying Lotion 2 a few months ago, and love it. It really makes my skin feel clean, and does a good job of exfoliating without makeing my skin drier. I just bought the 6 ounce bottle for 13.00 at Macy's. I like the smaller bottle, as I always have a fear that the larger sizes will become contaminated or will sit around for too long if I dont use them up right away. I also travel alot so the 6 oz bottle doesnt take up as much room in my suitcase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2012 6:46:00 AM More reviews by sunkissed88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this and it really helps my dry skin. My skin is SO dry that no moisturizers worked well enough for me, I even used to slather vaseline on my T-zone. I have a very dry T-zone and normal cheeks.

When I use this, my skin feels like it can breathe. I've tried other toners and they never do this. Actually, I don't even know if this is a toner... The girl at my counter said it was like a lotion. and it really does work. I have the dramatically different moisturizer as well, but i dont put that all over my face. I only dab it throughout the day on areas of my face that get dry throughout the day.

The big bottle seemed a little pricey to me so I got the smaller bottle at Nordstrom that was like $12? Something like that, anyway. I absolutely love this and when I run out, I will go buy the big bottle. I use a burts bees face wash, this, and then I dab the clinique dramat. diff. lotion on areas of my face that get dry that get dry throughout the day and my skin has never felt better!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2012 7:56:00 PM More reviews by XalisaheartsmakeupX

LOVEEEE! I cant believe the ratings aren't 5 stars on here:/ dont hesitate to try this out, I am in love with everything Clinique, this stuff gets rid of the makeup and dirt on my face that gets left behind and it leaves a tingling feeling that makes your face feel really clean, and I makes my skin really soft! It doesnt dry out my skin in any way or make it more oily. I will be using this stuff forever now and will always be repurchasing!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2012 5:43:00 PM More reviews by amillionbucks

I love this stuff! It feels great going on and does a good job sloughing away the last (sometimes invisible) remnants left behind after washing my face. It feels cool and tingly going on, which I find soothing. It dries oily spots when they appear and soothes any irritation I'm experiencing. I would give this product 5 stars, except that this product is mostly Witch Hazel, which can be bought t the drugstore for a much lower price. However, for me, the additional ingredients Clinique adds to create the soothing cooling experience are worth the extra money for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2011 3:11:00 PM More reviews by pualonnie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm hooked. I am oily/combination skin and the sales girl suggested I try this. I LOVE IT. When I first smelled it, I thought I would hate it because I am very sensitive to smells and the witch hazel smell is strong at first. However, it goes away after application.This has worked wonders on my skin. I don't get a lot of pimples, but when I do, I swab this on 3 times a day and they clear up within a day or two. Also picks up any dirt left behind by my regular cleanser. I will continue to buy this for as long as they sell it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2011 5:15:00 PM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

I can't believe this has such low ratings.
After years of battling with acne and troubled skin - this product saved me. I didn't even know what toner was or how to use it, until I started reading about Clinique's 3-Step Skin Care program, since I was desperate to have nice skin and be rid of my horrible skin. I had received these as samples in a GWP and the first time you try toner is certainly an experience. Needless to say, this product has been lifechanging, and is the only worthwhile "step" in the 3-step program. Using this, along with other proper skincare techniques and lifestyle changes has positively changed my skin. Although I am so sick of this product now, because I have been using it consistently for 4 years, I still love it because of how it helped me. As much as I used acne products and removed my makeup and cleansed regularly, my face was never and is never fully clean until I use toner.

Yes, there is a scent, and this product does contain alcohol. The strength of the scent increases with the number, as you move from level 2 to 4. I did not find the alcohol to be drying, because I follow immediately with a moisturizer, which you should if you're going to be using a toner.

Because I got bored of this, I tried other toners (Lancome, Estee Lauder), and while they were also effective, and had a better scent, I think I will return to using this one for the price. Those were more expensive and didn't perform any better or any worse.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2011 6:14:00 PM More reviews by lealealea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It and the rest of the 3 step system actually saved my skin.