April 16, 2014 | 1905 users online

Foundations - Cover Girl - Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2014 8:00:00 AM More reviews by shaneeskye

I do love this foundation, amazing coverage and a relatively good price ($19.99), does tend to cling to my dry patches if I don't moisturise well before use. Definitely one of my favourite foundations from the drugstore

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2014 11:20:00 PM More reviews by anne99415

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this foundation. I've been using it consistently since the summer and I am on my third bottle. In the summer, I wore the second lightest shade, 910 and now in the winter I am the lightest shade, 905.

This foundation is not perfect, but it has worked the best for my skin out of all of the foundations I've tried so far. It is extremely high coverage, and for someone with very pale and acne prone skin (which has thankfully improved greatly in the past year or so), this is completely necessary in a foundation. I have a lot of acne and red marks, and this covers it without needing to be applied heavily.

I like that the lightest shade is actually light enough for me, because a lot of drugstore brands tend to have a pretty dark color selection. However, the foundation does however have a bit of a problem with oxidization. If my skin gets too oily, I find that it turns a bit orange on me, however, setting it with a powder helps to minimize this effect. It is also not very water resistant. It will wear off in spots where you sweat, so the forehead is the first area of my face that foundation needs to be touched up.

Overall though, for my budget and needs, this does the trick and I quite like it. It really does give a flawless finish, but I agree with some of the other reviews I've read that say it can look a little weird if your skin isn't smooth. I've noticed this too, but luckily my oily skin means that I don't really get flaky, rough skin often. My face tends to stay pretty smooth (except for that time of the month, or if I eat too much sugar) and this glides on beautifully. I would recommend using either a beauty blender or a kabuki style brush to apply it. Personally I use a Sigma Angled Kabuki Brush (not the flat angled, but the one that is actually recommended for cream blush) and it gives me the best results.

So for an inexpensive ($12-15 CAD) and full coverage foundation, I would give this a shot!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Jakkieee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've found again and again that these rave products often aren't good. You need to be so careful in following people review because some people don't know what makes a product good or want to love it so bad.

The only people that could pull this foundation off are people with very oily and extremely smooth, peach-fuzzless and flawless skin. But even they will be very lucky to get an accurate colour match because the colors also oxidise pink (in the lighter colours at least)

I have dry, acne prone skin. Even after extreme moisturising, it accentuated ever peach fuzz on my face and every dry patch. Sure it covers pretty good and looks good from far away or if you squint BUT close up, what a mess!

I applied it with a synthetic brush which was not easy because it kept streaking. After letting a layer dry, when I applied another it really showed how badly it oxidised. It oxidized about two shades pinker (I used the lightest shades) This would not look natural on Asian, neutral or pale olive skin. It's very noticeable if not blended down the neck but who wants to waste product and cover the neck with foundation.

Really the only good thing to say is that it has a skin like shine to it. Not too matte, not too shiny.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2014 12:22:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this and I'm glad I did. I think this foundation is meant for those with oily to very oily skin. It's very drying for those with normal to dry or even combo skin... When I tried this, it made my skin look dry... Like Cakey dry... Especially on my drier patches around my cheeks.... (I prefer looking dewy). It oxidized and turned my face slightly orange too. It's hard to find a match for me (NC30) because it oxidizes very badly.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2014 11:52:00 PM More reviews by Ella001

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

I didnt really like it beacuse by the end of the day it looked orange-ish and u could see the line even if i blended it down my neck, but maybe i just got a darker color but maybe it did oxidise (idk how to spell it) but i have heard good things on it

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2014 10:03:00 PM More reviews by SJTlove

First off, I have dry skin since it's winter. No matter how extensive my skin care routine, I always have an inevitable dry spot on my nose. With that being said, I LOVE this foundation! I was blown away considering I didn't expect much from it bc I've heard plenty reviews saying it's geared towards oily skin types. I am an NC35 and got it in 857 Golden Tan. As soon at it was applied, I noticed it being a bit dark for my face. I went about my day anyway and a few hrs later I checked the mirror and I noticed that the foundation ended up matching my tone completely! I've never seen this happen as my foundation always goes darker over time, never lighter. (It wasn't my lighting bc I've confirmed the shade darker in articial and natural light right after application.) Coverage is a high medium for me for 1 layer. And it concealed successfully with a concentrated application. Finish was not cakey surprisingly not on my dry area either. I really liked the finish as it paired well with my Rimmel Stay Matte powder in Silky Beige (in addition to under eye highlighting with Revlon Age Defying concealer set with Ben Nye's banana powder). All products worked wonderfully together! I applied the make up at 8am and washed my face at 8:30pm with my make up still looking in tact. Minimal slippage. No foundation transfer on my (or boyfriend's) clothing. I am so glad this foundation worked out for me! I understand everyone reacts differently to foundations, but I definitely believe it's worth a try for everyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2014 9:04:00 AM More reviews by kkwil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Okay so I love this foundation. I've tried applying with both a buffing brush and a beauty blender and I prefer the beauty blender so much more. I have this in 3 colors. I mix the lightest and 2nd lightest shades together to match my skin tone and use third lightest in summer. It is good coverage, doesn't bother my sensitive/dry skin and the fact it has a pump is awesome!! Will be repurchasing for sure

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by teekay01

Ok, WOW. Love the staying power and the coverage. I have dry skin but I use a heavy moisturizer and this foundation is perfect with it. It is a drier formula, so if you have dry skin, you need to quench it before application. Also, I use a foundation brush by Sigma which really distributes it nicely. This one is a must try if you are like me and always looking for the best drugstore dupes of expensive brands. This one nails it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2014 6:12:00 AM More reviews by sxcchick180

i saw this about 6 months ago when it had recently came out here in Australia (every new makeup product arrives here a lot later than in other countries) and it was only $15 and claimed to be 3 in 1 so it sounded quite interesting to me. regardless of the fact that I've had bad experience with covergirl foundations in the past oxidizing like crazy on me, i decided to give this one a go!
this is a wonderful foundation with medium coverage that is buildable. it does not look caky whatsoever and has great lasting power. one common problem i tend to have with foundations in general is the fact that i smile a lot and therefore get the ugliest smile lines on either sides of my mouth that is super embarrassing but with the outlast stay fab foundation i did not get them at all.
the only problem i had with this product which led me to stop using it is the color selection. All colors available are extremely pink toned. i got light skin that is very warm toned with lots of yellow undertones. i could not get this foundation to match no matter how much i tried and blended it into my neck. it just looked really off on me but if you're a girl or a guy (not judging) with cool pink undertones this is the perfect thing for you and i highly recommend! the color just did not work for me. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2014 9:15:00 PM More reviews by FitzBunny

I have sensitive, acne-prone skin. I haven't been able to find a liquid foundation that works for me--they either break me out or slide off my oily areas, HOWEVER, I was truly impressed with this foundation. It has medium to full coverage, lasts through the workday (with 1-2 touch ups), and does not feel heavy. Revlon Colorstay feels like paint on my face, but this foundation feels natural. I am on my 3rd bottle and will continue to use it, unless I find something better. Be forewarned, this foundation does oxidize slightly. I would recommend this foundation to anyone with oily or acne prone skin because it does not slide off my face like most liquid foundations, or break me out. This foundation also covers scars quite nicely, BUT can flake around any dry patches.