Maybelline The Rocket Volum' Express

3.6

(BLACK NON-WATERPROOF) AQUA/WATER, PEG-200 GLYCERYL STEARATE, STYRENE/ACRYLATES/AMMONIUM METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, CERA ALBA/BEESWAX, PARAFFIN, COPERNICA CERIFERA CERA/CARNAUBA WAX, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, STEARIC ACID, CETYL ALCOHOL, PALMITIC ACID, ETHYLENEDIAMINE/STEARYL DIMER DILINOLEATE COPOLYMER, VP/EICOSENE COPOLYMER, LITHIUM MAGNESIUM SODIUM SILICATE, DIMETHICONE, AMINOMETHYL PROPANEDIOL, PHENOXYETHANOL, SILICA, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SOSIUM LAURETH SULFATE, DIMETHICONOL, DISODIUM EDTA, POLYURETHANE-35, TETRASODIUM EDTA, [+/- MAY CONTAIN: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES, CI 77007 / ULTRAMARINES, CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE, MICA, CI 75470 / CARMINE, CI 77288 / CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS, CI 77289 / CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN, CI 77742 / MANGANESE VIOLET, CI 77510 / FERRIC FERROCYANIDE], (F.I.L. D54745/1).

on 11/3/2014 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I bought this mascara based solely on the online reviews here on makeupalley.com. I know it advertises to add volume to lashes, but all I got was minimal length. No volume at all, actually it made my lashes look defined in an odd way. Like a bunch of skinny black toothpicks or something. The tips of my lashes also stuck together even after I tried using my lash comb. I think the formula is too wet for my liking, it also smelled strongly and stung my eyes.

on 11/3/2014 4:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The brush is difficult to use and it keeps clumping.

h8 h8 h8 this mascara. I bought the blackest shade there is. Love the packaging, it is very cute. Onto the actual mascara, I hate it. The formula is thick and dry. It weighs down my lashes, even if I on a thin layer. I am Asian, and I don't have thin, sparse lashes. I have thick lashes and most mascaras tend to work on me, but this one didn't.

on 11/1/2014 11:08:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I like this mascara because my lashes looks longer and also long lasting.

on 10/31/2014 4:55:00 PM

This is my absolute favorite mascara ever. I've been using it for about 2 years now. I always have to layer other mascaras to get the lash loom I want, I like my lashes to be super huge and full and SUPER dark. I can actual use this mascara alone and can acheive that look. I usually hate mascaras with plastic brushes but this one is definitely an exception. It never clumps, layers easily, and makes my lashes look almost fake with 2 to 3 coats. Will repurchase again and again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

I really enjoy using this mascara. It's really black, long lasting, and easy to apply with the plastic bristles. The volume is pretty good, it's not crazy dramatic but the volume is there, my only problem with this product is how hard it is to remove! It takes a few products to take off my lashes, and even the morning after removing, I'll find residue. It's a product worth using if you don't mind taking some extra time to remove it.

on 10/29/2014 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Normally buy Maybelline "falsies" masscara and bought this for a change. I found the brush very difficult to work with, combined with how wet the formula is I get nothing but clumps. Impossible to build extra coats since they just clump even more. Don't even bother trying to put on your bottom lashes with this brush... it will go everywhere. The forumula is almost a cross between regular and waterpoof even though this is not technically the waterproof version. Definitely does not smudge but difficult to remove completely even with makeup remover. Honestly I could see the forumula working well but I hate the brush so much I went out and bought new mascara about three weeks after even though I was determined not to waste this tube. I will attempt to finish this stuff off using a different brush.

on 10/24/2014 3:17:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

PROS:
Amazing volume gives you lashes you didn't know you had
Holds curl for a while

CONS:
Takes a lot of time and work to get right
No length
Clumps lashes together
Flakes under the eyes
Holds a curl briefly but flops after a few hours on my fine lashes
Hard to remove, have to use oil-based remover or oil
Sharp plastic bristles scratch my eyes which is a potential entry point for infection

WAY TOO EXPENSIVE IN MY COUNTRY, here in New Zealand we pay 4 times you US gals pay and we don't get discounts. For just a little more I might as well buy high end

on 10/20/2014 10:57:00 AM

I have one of the most oiliest lids on Earth and no mascara can withstand them, and alas, tada! This mascara really wins out of all the waterproof mascaras I've tried and the cheapest one. This really lasts through out the night, at least for me around 10 hours or so. Alot of reviews say it's one of the hardest mascaras to remove but I find if you use a cleansing oil it's really easy.

on 10/19/2014 7:19:00 PM

A very good product for the price, I saw this recommended by Gossmakeupartist otherwise I may have not discovered it. The packaging is funky and juvenile and marketed at the youth. I have to look beyond that and at the product itself.Its one of the best mascara's I have ever used.

Popular Mascaras