December 20, 2014 | 1681 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Blast Clump Crusher mascara

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2014 1:30:00 AM More reviews by desertwaya

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this, I think it's going to replace my hg Maybelline Cat Eyes wp. CE sadly smudges under my eyes, yet doesn't run when I cry. This stuff doesn't smudge but if I cry it runs. Guess there's no perfect mascara out there. I'd rather avoid crying and use this than get smudges and look like a football player. Not hg but I'm getting closer. I also love the color of the packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2014 12:29:00 PM More reviews by SarahAutumn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have repurchased this mascara several times. I think it's my favorite, but that's less because this mascara in particular is so amazing but more because it's just better than any other I've tried (and I haven't tried a ton.) I personally prefer long, wispy lashes to fat thick ones and this mascara gives me the exact kind of lashes I like. It separates the lashes well (at least until the product starts to get old) and it does apply like a dream. The wand works very well with my preferred application method: I use the mascara wand to brush all the lashes to the left, and then to the right, and then I brush them upwards. This is not a dramatic or insanely glamorous mascara, but it still looks very nice. For me, I don't do dramatic on a daily basis and I only wear falsies when I'm going to a big event or something, so this mascara is great for everyday makeup (and it is somewhat buildable.) If you're the kind of person who likes big dramatic lashes every day, you might not like this product on its own. However, it looks beautiful if you use this mascara first to separate your lashes and then layer a dramatic, volumizing mascara on top (L'Oreal Voluminous False Fiber works with this.) When I use this product by itself, it's not super difficult to remove. The only negative to this product is that the staying power isn't amazing. It doesn't smudge or flake or anything (at least with the waterproof formula, which is the only one I've tried) but after a few hours it doesn't look as great as when you put it on. I'm not going to call this my HG mascara because it doesn't necessarily work wonders but I'll always have it around because it's very reliable and it's certainly nice enough for everyday makeup.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2014 12:16:00 AM More reviews by gracemadeleine

I love this mascara for my very long and thin lashes as it lives up to its promises of not clumping and makes my lashes look all natural and fluttery and full without looking fake it also lasts the entire school day which is great

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2014 12:44:00 AM More reviews by MsKacey

Ugh. This is my second time trying this product as I gave my first tube away without really trying it after hating the wand the second it touched my eye.
My thoughts the 2nd go-around:
Sure, it keeps lashes from clumping..but what else?
The plastic brush feels GROSS on my eyes.
After attempting to build my lashes up in 3-4 applications in a row, i got basically nothing.
seriously unimpressed.

Try it if you're a preteen or into the naked, natural look for work or personal reasons. Other than that, go with one of CoverGirl's 2,299,299 other mascaras, since they have so many (it's the only thing they can SOMETIMES get right, apparently).

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2014 10:04:00 AM More reviews by hollyhoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I tried this after having it recommended on the makeup board. I needed a mascara that doesn't leave black smudges under my eyes. This product is perfect, it stays on my lashes with no smudging! I'm not wild about the tiny brush it works and I'll probably get this again.

Thank you to the ladies who recommended Clump Crusher!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2014 4:24:00 PM More reviews by sleilani2011

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this mascara but I have mixed feelings about the formula. I love that it keeps my lashes from being clumpy and spidery, but I hate that I have to use so many coats to get a dramatic look because the formula is very dry and does not go on in large amounts if that makes sense. I've bought probably 3 rubes of this mascara because I get so many compliments on my lashes when I wear it. What I've found works really well recently is if I dip the clump crusher brush in a wetter formula of mascara, since every other wand I've tried since clump crusher just does not do the job. I've found this method works very well since I love the clump crusher wand so much i will keep using this method until I find a better brush and formula combo.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/1/2014 9:57:00 PM More reviews by justemmabemma

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This mascara sucks. It does nothing for my medium length thin lashes. The only thing it does is separate them. If I want to appear as if i have any lashes whatsoever I have to pile coats of it on and then it looks spidery and clumpy and uneven. Every time i use it I expect it to be better but it fails... This morning I used it and looked like I had about 6 eyelashes. Gross. Had to remove my eye makeup and start over. Don't waste your money !

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2014 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Dwaryy

Late review, but I love this mascara! I love that it doesn't clump, I love the brush. It's easy to apply and goes on smooth. I think I found my go to mascara! <3

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2014 4:46:00 AM More reviews by JessJxoxo

I would say this mascara is best for those who like the 'natural' lash look. As someone who wears heavy mascara for length and volume, I can't say I like it too much. If you apply more than one or two coats your lashes start to have the 'spider leg' look. Not recommended for those who like dramatic lashes.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 1:11:00 AM More reviews by ADyerSituation

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I came across this mascara on Reddit's MakeUpAddiction subreddit and I wasn't crazy into make up at that point, but I thought I'd give this mascara a shot. It's about 8 dollars at Walmart. Let me just say, I LOVE this mascara, I really really do. They're no smell (not to me at least). I love the shape of the brush. It's has kind of a dome shape on one side of the brush and a more concave side of the brush. I'm sorry, I'm not explaining it well, but the bristles definitely lives up to it's "clump crusher" name. My only negative thing I have to say is that I feel like the formula goes on very very sheer. I like long, voluminous, big eyelashes and I have apply many many coats on to achieve the look I'm going for. If that's not really a concern for you though and you like a more natural look. I try to wait in between applications for it to dry a little so it layers a little better. I'd used Maybelline great lash (the green and pink bottle) for like, 6 years before I switched and I just love this so much more. Maybelline definitely clumps up more than clump crusher. I've also tried Covergirl lashblast fushion volume and I really like it. I've combined Clump Crusher and Lashblast Fusion and have gotten good results with long, volumized lashes.