Cover Girl Lash Blast Clump Crusher mascara

3.9

Water, Acrylates Copolymer, Glyceryl Stearate, Disteardimonium, Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Caranuba Wax, Propylene Glycol, Triethanolamine, Polyethylene, Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Synthetic Wax, Oleic Acid, Alcohol Denat, Benzyl Alcohol, Panthenol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Glycerin, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Xanthan Gum, Tocopherol, Trisodium EDTA, Simethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylcellulose, Iron Oxides May Contain: Ultramarine, Titanium Dioxide

on 10/25/2014 8:49:00 PM

i used to love cover girl mascaras, but now they just don't work for me. this clump crusher mascara is the latest of many fails for me. i found the formula to be dry, flaky, and did nothing for my lashes. it didn't volumize, it didn't lengthen, it didn't define, it didn't even darken my lashes. and to add insult to injury, it left clumps on my lashes, which completely contradicts its name "clump crusher." i tried using this multiple times... on its own, over other mascaras, under other mascaras... nothing worked. i finally gave up and tossed this in the trash and won't ever buy again.

on 10/23/2014 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Overall, this mascara is great, however it's not holy grail in my standards. Personally, I prefer mascaras that gives both volume and length and the Clump Crusher gives awesome length. The wet formula mascara is awesome for everyday use or as a first coat for a volumizing mascara which how I use it. The clump-free claims definitely hits the nose as I can put three, even four coats of it without seeing any clumps, however the volume is still not there. After using it for about a month and looking at other reviews (of course on MakeupAlley), my holy grail search ended with the L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara in Carbon Black. It gives me everything that I have been looking for in a mascara! Because the Voluminous has a thicker consistency, I sometimes use the Clump Crusher as the first coat and a coat or two of the Voluminous mascara and wow! It gives the illusion of false lashes!

on 10/22/2014 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This is my daily mascara! It's what I'm usually wearing if you catch me during the day, at work, on weekends...

This is for several reasons:
1) it really does not clump.
2) It is extremely build-able, so be patient and keep wiggling and stroking upwards.
3) It comes in BROWN! Not black-brown, not glam brown, actual brown. Perfect for work or days where you'll be outside in natural light a lot.
4) It stays on.

While brown is my go-to, I also have it in "very black" which I love using when I want a little more oomph. I rebuy and rebuy tubes of Clump Crusher brown mascara.

on 10/17/2014 11:50:00 AM

I really like this product. The packaging is nice and the wand is awesome at separating and combing through my lashes. The ONLY problem I found with this is that it starts to flake off after only a few hours. I'm still trying to find a good mascara that won't flake. I might buy this again if I haven't found one that doesn't flake.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is by far the best mascara I have ever used. My lashes are long and I can usually make them look decent with any mascara but this one makes them look like I have fake lashes (and was also asked that many times while wearing this mascara) LOVE LOVE LOVE IT

on 10/15/2014 11:38:00 PM

I've almost used up my first bottle of this mascara and I would say it's my favourite. I love that it makes the lashes dark and defined with zero clumps. It looks so natural . I am impressed that even though I've had this bottle last me for quite a while the formula did not dry out or change and the packaging letters did not rub off. The curved wand is also perfect for getting all the lashes in the corners while still ensuring no clumps. I will say that when I want a less natural look I like to do the second coat with another mascara to help with the length. Overall this is the best mascara that I have yet to own and will definitely purchase again when my bottle runs out.

on 10/15/2014 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

There aren't any clumps-but there doesn't seem to be much in the way of length or volume either. I've been on a decades-long search for the perfect mascara, and I've heard so many people rave about this product, so I had to try it. I like volume, length, and just plain POW. Nice brush, and the price was right, but the product seems dry in the tube. I'll try it for a while longer, but I'm not very hopeful. The search goes on...

on 10/13/2014 7:44:00 PM

This is my HG mascara. I've been using this mascara since I began with makeup and for some reason I always come back to this one. It gives a bit of volume and it does not clump. Sometimes I use the Lash Blast in brown with this mascara and they do a great combination! The reason I gave it four stars it's because I wish it gave more volume. Still happy with it (:

on 10/2/2014 2:44:00 PM

I bought this in the brown color, and I absolutely love it. It looks extremely natural, very few to no clumps.

I've actually been using it as a brow mascara and it works better than anything I've tried. It builds volume and depth without looking fake. I really wish that they made the brown in a waterproof formula, but I'll just have to cross my fingers that I don't get caught in a rainstorm.

I haven't had any issues yet with smudging, but if I do I'll probably just keep using this on my brows and switch back to a waterproof mascara.

on 9/23/2014 9:52:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Does what it says, "de-clumps". Gives a nice subtle natural look when worn alone, but when combined with another mascara, it is absolutely amazing. It makes my lashes very volmuzied and almost fake-lash looking (but in a good way). Any mascara you use with this , will make your lashes unclumped and pretty.
Put on any mascara that you want on first (as many coats as you'd like as well),
then afterwards once you have all these clumps, USE THIS MASCARA AS A DECLUMPING TOOL. The wand itself was made to de-clump, so you might as well use this as if it were an Eyelash Comb.
Works great, and id definately buy again.
Cons - Does not add thickening, and only adds a slight bit of length. Suggested to use with another mascara.

Video Reviews & Tutorials