April 16, 2014 | 1489 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by Ambam032

I like this product, I just wish it was an actual BB cream. It seems to be more of a tinted cream. I put it on over my moisturizer because it's not quite hydrating enough. It evens out my skin tone and applies very smoothly. I use Fair in the fall/winter. This summer I had to start mixing it with a touch of Light. I like that this line has a few more colors that most other drugstore BB creams. Most are too dark even on the lightest color. It's not perfect but it's the best one I've found so far.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by Missmilli

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I actually really like this BB cream. However, I think L'Oreal should have called this a brightening primer and left it at that. It's simply a load of crap to call this a BB cream. But, once you get past the fact that L'Oreal was trying to be current and jump on the BB cream bandwagon, you might actually forgive them and like this product. With that said, let me tell you what I like about this, and how I feel it is best used.

I originally purchased this in Light. I am light complected and have slight peachy undertones. I found Light to be a bit too dark for my liking. As with most every foundation out there, I seem to fall right in between two shades. So, I picked up the Fair shade. Fair was too light, and really didn't have much of any color to it. I knew the obvious solution was to mix the two shades. Ah, yes...perfection!

This has the oddest texture, as has been mentioned by previous reviewers. But what I do is use the back of my hand to mix the two shades. I really warm it up, and as I do so, just the slightest hint of color starts to emerge from the rough grains. I go heavier on the Fair, and just a little bit of Light. I don't ever use this as my foundation, as I need coverage (redness, slightly uneven skin tone). But as a primer under my powder foundation- big thumbs up! I apply this over my moisturizer/sunscreen, and it gives my normal to dry skin an instant little boost of radiance. It's not dramatic. Just enough so that not only does my powder foundation apply nicely (currently using Laura Geller B&B), but it looks better. I don't think those who tend to have oilier skin would find this very appealing. It does seem to moisturize slightly, although on it's own, would never be enough for my normal-to-dry skin.

The tube packaging is just fine by me. Easy to store, easy to use. Price -wise, it's average for drugstore products these days. I generally buy all of my cosmetics at CVS, as I always have coupons or ExtraRewards dollars to spend. So this wasn't all that expensive, IMO.

Would I repurchase this? Yes, but thankfully the swap board has kept me stocked-up!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2013 3:01:00 PM More reviews by foryoursmile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this in the shade fair, got it from Rite Aid for around $11, which seemed kind of pricey for the uber thin tube that you got. The tube says there was 1oz of product in there, but it didn't even seem like the tube was completely full so who knows. I still wanted to give this a chance cause I was looking to try a western bb cream after seeing them finally being made here, I've tried a few korean bb's in the past and loooved the concept. I prefer bb creams over any foundations most of the time. But I was somewhat disappointed in this bb. The cream itself comes out in a white paste with these sort of exfoliating looking beads within, that when you rub and blend into the skin they produce color to match your tone or something. The application was a little rough and not so moisturizing, I found it best to apply just with my fingers as I wasn't sure how a brush would do with the beads. The result is truly a naked skin no makeup kind of look, which can be nice. But unfortunately I have some acne marks and bits of discoloration some days that I mostly like something with a bit more coverage. But for the hot days where you don't want to feel yourself wearing makeup, and you dont have much to conceal, this is a good choice.

The bb cream claims to prime, perfect, hydrate, and correct. The priming part might be true, for worser off skin days I liked to use this as a base under foundation and it seemed to hold up fine. Perfecting, I don't know. It just provided a barely there coverage and correction. I definitely did not find this hydrating, it applies kind of roughly with the beads so I always made sure to use a moisturizer before hand.

Overall, for the same price or a little more, korean bb creams gave me more product and seemed to do more for me. So I don't think I'd be repurchasing. I think this was mostly gimmicky unfortunately lol.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2013 5:21:00 PM More reviews by thestartsteam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love this! It goes on so smooth, makes my skin look really nice, even without any powder, or concealer. Ideal for those mornings when I'm late and rushing out the door. My skin is oily and I find that this doesn't make my skin look like a greasy mess. Love, love, love this, will for sure repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 3:00:00 AM More reviews by Emilymckenziee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Love this product. Just as good as expensive BB Creams. Can he worn alone or under foundation. I've worn it alone all summer and my friends are asking me how I keep my foundation on! It makes your skin look that good. I especially like that is light and oil free for my oily skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2013 11:56:00 PM More reviews by katiexcutiekiss

I love this product! I've never had much for acne but when i was young i always picked my blemishes so i have bad scars and red discoloring. This product not only evened out my skin tone and did a decent job hiding the of blemish i get, but within a week our 2 my skin looked much nicer even without the makeup! It changes choke to match your skin tone and its so light weight and clean feeling it makes you look like you're not wearing makeup.
My only problem with it I'd that my local drug store seeks it for around 15 bucks for just a small 30ml tube...I'm on my 3rd tube already since April!
I would definitely recommend it as an everyday foundation but its not the best concealer/Coverup and its a primer/moisturizer so of you have bad acne it won't cover it up very well at first but it helps correct your blemishes to. Just a few points to be aware of.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2013 1:31:00 PM More reviews by katlove96

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Doesn't give much coverage. I usually have to use concealer, this, then powder to get decent coverage.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/13/2013 12:15:00 PM More reviews by UbiquityEssence

The BB cream texture comes out as white paste with beads. You have to rub the cream into your skin for white paste to change into a flesh color. When I did this I thought to myself ...this must have a lot of chemicals to create this reaction. Right off the bat I was turned off by the "Magic" BB cream. I warmed this up on my wrist and applied it to my nose and cheeks area. It provides very very light coverage. Two hours later I noticed that the BB cream on my orange oxidized to an orange and I checked my reflection and noticed a slight orange tinge to my pale asian skin. Maybe this works for others but not so much for me. If I want light coverage I'll stick with my Cover Girl Smoothers Tinted moisturizer/ now marketed as a BB Cream. It seems that a lot of the tinted moisturizers are attempting to re-brand themselves as a BB cream when essentially are just a TM.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2013 3:50:00 AM More reviews by veelui

i bought it again after promising myself i would wait til after i finished what i already had

rated 2 of 5 on 8/10/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Kathsabino

I do not have any acne, but I do have a few areas of hyper pigmentation from past pimples. Since I don't have much to coverup, the coverage is decent, and i used this on weekends. (the coverage is very light, almost like a tinted moisturizer) But I wouldn't pay the $10 for it since it is less hydrating. But not only is it not as hydrating, it makes my skin look extremely greasy. I have combination-oily skin and this was just horrible. Also, if you use too much, it kind of settles in wrinkles and fine lines. I had thought it was just the summer sun getting to my skin, but I used this when I was just at home relaxing, and I didn't break a sweat at all and still looked oily. I only used it a few times within a week before I gave up on it