November 27, 2014 | 1268 users online

BB Cream - L'Oreal - Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 11:23:00 PM More reviews by nathanlaurenson

I love this bb cream, I no longer wear foundation. It takes it's place and also gives you that hydrating feeling! the only con I can think of it that it's a little greasy when you first put it on but I set it with powder and it's totally not a problem for me. great product!:)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by DragonRhia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have Magic in fair and light. I sampled light and really liked how it went on and stayed on my skin but it was just a touch too dark so I bought fair (and then later bought light). Fair was too light on my skin. Fair is a thicker formula that holds it's shape when dispensed and can look chalky and make my pores more noticable due to it's lightness and thickness. Light is too runny and just a tad too dark which can make it almost look slightly "orangy" on me. Sounds like the 3 bears and I'm looking for a color that is just right...not too thick and not too runny, not too dark and not too light. LOL

I have combo skin with a couple dark skin pigmentation spots due to sun damage. My skintone is uneven where I have redness on my nose and chin and when my skin is reacting - across my face. I rarely break out but when I do it is either around the crease of my nose or cystic acne due to hormones. My skin is sensitve to products which can result in a rash or acne and I am sensitive to scent which can trigger migraines.

I apply this onto the back of my hand to warm it (something I've done with all foundations as it applies easier for me) and I use my fingers; all other foundations I will use a brush or sponge based on the consistency and how much coverage I'm looking for, but my fingers work best with this product. Yes it comes out white-ish gray and has tiny beads - but I honestly do not "feel" this product as grainy or gritty at all not on the back of my hand, not on my fingers and not on my face (if you have a gritty feel I think you might have a "bad" tube and should take it back for a different one because I've had 4 of these now and none of them have felt gritty/grainy including the sample pack). My routine: Murad Oil Control Mattifier, Magic BB, MUFE hd powder. This blends smoothly over my skin and when I get the two colors blended just right - it looks fabulous. Lasts all day with NO breakthrough oil NO skin sensitivity and NO breakouts!

I'm not sold on this, though, and continue to search for an holy grail bb cream. I have only tried 2 others so far.....Lumene lightest shade bb was chalky and made my pores stand out (I will probably buy and try it in medium) and Tarte bb in light and fair was either too dark or too light and I immediately saw oily/shine come through on my forehead after application and it encouraged blemishes by the end of the day. And my normal foundation before I switched to BB creams was Tarte Amazonian Clay so as we know - all products are not created the same. I really want ONE tube that is the correct color and meets my other foundation needs - I'm sick of blending.

PROS: inexpensive and easy to find (drugstore); coverage is good and buildable; minimizes pores; lasts 10-12 hour days; doesn't get oily looking and dries to a matte finish; dispensing tube is sanitary; no negative reaction to the product (rash or acne); not heavy; no scent; does not feel grainy or gritty due to the color beads.
CONS: no spf; CANNOT FIND EXACT COLOR MATCH; comes out greyish-white; light is runny and fair is thick.

I will keep this in supply until I find something else that meets all my needs in one tube/container. I always buy my drugstore brands from Walgreens so I can return them for my money back and I swap for my high end.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2014 6:56:00 PM More reviews by scorpiorising

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Went on grayish and had strange inconsistent color. Texture is gritty.
Very light coverage.
Broke out after use.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2014 2:29:00 PM More reviews by kellyscott55

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Meh. That is all I have to say. I have the 3rd lightest skin tone and even the light colour was too orange and dark. Didn't cover up my mild redness and enhanced my dry patches (even with a heavy moisturizer). It helped with minimizing my pores but thats about it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2014 12:08:00 AM More reviews by missjolene204

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using this bb cream for about a year and honestly I really like it. It's not greasy and covers pretty well. I use it as a base under my bare minerals. The only complaint I have is the color is kind of orange (no, not because it's too dark) but what can I expect from a drugstore brand? For the price though, you any beat it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2014 11:14:00 PM More reviews by rockodog

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is my one of my all-time favorite foundations. I've had trouble in the past with foundations settling in my large pores and this hides them beautifully without having to use a additional primer. My fair skin is rather clear with a few discolorations and I don't need to cover significant imperfections - mostly uneven skin tone around my nose and chin. I use Fair during the winter months and Light during the summer. It covers beautifully without making me feel like I'm wearing a mask. The finish is somewhat matte with a very subtle luminous glow that looks extremely natural without a heavy makeup feel. I'm rather picky about my sunscreen, so the of lack of it is not a problem as I can choose my own spf product. It could use a little better staying power, hence only four lippies, but I usually touch up my makeup with a little pressed powder in the late afternoon anyway. I have re-purchased and will continue, it's a no-brainer for only $10.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2014 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

This product didn't really do anything for my skin except act as a very sheer tinted moisturizer. I also do not consider this to be a real BB cream in any way. It doesn't last long on the face. The product goes on white, but there are beads within it designed to disperse color onto your face. The shade options provided aren't that great. Plus it is confusing on which one to actually get. I ended up buying two tubes of this stuff in different colors. Both shades oxidized on my face within a relatively short amount of time. It left my skin feeling greasy and simply didn't do anything positive for my face. It has all these fancy claims associated with it. But,in my opinion, it is nothing but a waste of money.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/9/2014 2:41:00 PM More reviews by shelby1211

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After using (and loving) most of my loreal products in the past, I was so excited to try this product out. I have mildly dry skin and clear skin. I bought the product in light knowing that my skin has a yellow undertone, the fair would make me look too pale.

This product has a very nice consistency and staying powers, but sadly I did not find the product oxidizes to my skin tone exactly and I was disappointed to find out that it doesn't have any SPF as well. After using the revlon photoready bb cream and loving it, I expected this bb cream to blow that one out of the water but found that it didn't meet my expectations. The color is just a tad too orange when I apply it, even if I moisturize before hand, but is very good at evening the skin tone and is very hydrating to the skin and feels almost not there, but does not conceal anything, so for all my ladies (and men?) out there that have acne, this product is not for you... I would recommend a korean bb cream if you want any true foundation-like coverage.

One interesting thing I want to add is that I tested this product on my bf who has very dark(think Vietnamese colored skin) and even though the packaging claims to be for light skin, it oxidized perfectly to his skin so this product is great for a wide range of skin tones.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2014 9:58:00 PM More reviews by HautboisDream

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've already repurchased this a few times and I feel like it's the best drugstore BB creme! It has good coverage and good lasting qualities. I use the lightest shade 'fair' and it's a good fit for my skin. I have mild acne, and it does a good job of covering it up without getting too greasy or too drying. Overall, I'm glad I bought this and it's definitely worthwhile buying if you want to get away from the heavier concealer or foundations and try out a BB creme.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2014 9:01:00 PM More reviews by jenja536

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Fave drugstore BB cream. NC42 and I use the medium shade which suite me nicely. Leave a matte finish which I appreciate. Very light coverage. Great for weekends or when you don't need much coverage.