L'Oreal True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

3.5

Active Ingredient: Octinoxate (7%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxethyl Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Chlorphenesin, Disodium EDTA, Acrylates Copolymer, Propylparaben, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Aluminum Hydroxide, PEG-9, Ethylparaben, Dipropylene Glycol, Isobutylparaben, Butylparaben; May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride.

HG foundation. gives a perfect finish for me.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This stuff is amazing for dry skin. At the drugstore, it's only $13. It might be a little high compared to other drugstore foundations, but it's still pretty cheap on the broad spectrum of things.

I wear a NC35/ NARS Punjab/ ELDW Tawny and I'm w4 if anyone is looking.

Be warned, if you're oily, stay away! Or try the original true match. This foundation is hydrating and doesn't cling to dry patches. It gives me a great glow for a greater price. The only problem I have with it is that its a bit light in coverage. However, I apply with a beauty blender due to my dryness, so that might be a factor. The foundation is also buildable, so the lighter coverage is more an inconvinence than w true hinderence.

Also, the only reason I didn't give it full ratings on packaging is because I am clumsy. Most of you are probably more elegant than I am and will not try to force the lid off without ripping the sticker. Do not do this. You will rip the entire pump head off and spill. Again, I'm just clumsy and rough with my belongings (oops). Also, yes! It comes with a pump! On the lighter coverage note from before, I like to do about four pumps to cover my entire face.

Pros: It makes your skin look lovely! It gives great coverage and your skin looks dewy, fresh, and healthy afterwards! I've gotten lots of compliments about how flawless my skin looks when I wear this!

Cons: It transfers only clothes, it makes my skin pretty oily, and it breaks me out. When I put this foundation on, I can feel it literally sitting on my face like an oil slick :(

Photography: Since there's sunscreen in it, it does give off a white cast in photos!

Price: In Canada, these are relatively pretty expensive at Shoppers Drug Mart!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have been using this foundation off and on for about 2 years and I keep coming back to it. My Mac shade is NC37-40 in the winter and NC42 in the summer and I find that W5 - W6 suit me the best. I usually apply this with my beauty blender and get a medium coverage with two pumps. This gives me a naturally looking skin with a bit of a dewy look which I don't mind so much. I've foregone setting this recently because I love the slight dew it gives, and it tends to last me all day at work.

Overall, I love that this is not a full coverage foundation and that it gives a natural look to the skin (no cake-face business). The pump it comes with is mighty handy and when you're down to the last bits you can just pull the pump off and put it back on just as easily. Setting it with a powder will make it last longer but it looks and lasts just as nicely without it.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I got the lightest shade availible but it was too dark, which was dissapointing and confusing since the lightest shade in the original truematch liquid was too light. I got this because the original made my face dry patchy and yet did not cover any blemishes. This foundation did the same thing even though I have combo skin. It also oxidized and turned orange which looked terrible because I am very white. It does not last and it turns greasy after a hour or so. very expensive! The good: very blendable, great bottle.

Unfortunately, after using this for two days I had already broken out from this product. My skincare regime is very successful at controlling acne, but I looked in the mirror today and saw that I had a ton of little bumps on my T-Zone and cheeks as well as a few enlarged pimples on my face! :(

I liked the blendability of the foundation. It went on smooth and did have a nice, luminous and dewy finish as advertised. I had primed my face prior to application and powdered after application as well, but the foundation always seems to disappear after a few hours. I also find myself with an even oilier face. The packaging is great (includes a pump) but I did find it on the pricier side of drugstore products as I live in Canada. I paid around $15 for this foundation.

I had high hopes for this foundation as I was looking for the perfect dewy foundation and it seemed to have great reviews but this did not work out for me. Don't risk it if you have oily, acne-prone skin! If you have normal to dry skin this would probably work better for you.

I absolutely adore this foundation. It lasts all day and, as promised, provides a beautiful luminous glow and at the same time does not feel heavy on my skin. N1-2 matches my complexion perfectly. It evens out my complexion, covers small blemishes, and softens my under-eye circles without looking at heavy. It's also buildable, so if you need a bit more coverage you could get it. All in all, I'd call this a medium-coverage foundation; more coverage than a BB cream, but less than a more heavy-duty foundation. The smell is also mild but pleasant, which I also appreciate.

For the price, I honestly don't think you can do better. I'd put this up against any high-end foundation I've tried. Love it!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I mostly wanted to write this because a couple of other people commented saying that this foundation has sparkles and it does NOT. It's sparkle free. The regular true match in pour bottle has tiny gold sparkles, which I normally hate. But since the W2 is a perfect match for me, I've been using it for 10 years anyway. I wish I'd found the Lumi sooner because it looks way better on me. If you have oily/acne prone skin you don't want tiny sparkles illuminating every large pore or blemish, and making you look even shinier then you already are! For some reason since in's called "Lumi" I thought it would have even more glitter. Other than that, except for the smaller shade selection, they are very close to the same. It is a pretty dewy finish but I set it with powder. It looks very natural. Very pleased. So glad I tried it anyway :)
Update: My skin is much too oily for this makeup :( A couple hours later I look like an oil slick.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I think this is a lovely foundation. It's rare I give a foundation a full five stars because I have dry skin (so things tend to last), my skin is virtually flawless, and I'm young. All of these things mean that pretty much any foundation looks good as long as I research it and make sure it won't make dry patches stand out too badly, and stand-outs are far and few. This foundation is one of those few standouts. The formula is not very runny or thick and it is quite smooth. It goes on quite smooth and blends easily and evenly. It looks amazing, too. The coverage is medium-buildable with a radiant finish. However, I don't think only dry skinned people can use this. I think all skin types will love this. It lasts all day, and while most foundations do on me, I think this will on most people. Honestly the only fault I can find with it is that the packaging is kind of bulky, but I would never fault the product for that. One of the best foundations I've come across, I definitely recommend it.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I love this foundation for my lighter make up days. Its gives a nice luminous finish without looking too oily or shiny. I set my foundation with a powder for the most part anyways but I love this because it layers nicely without looking cakey or like "too much". It has a light - medium coverage that is easily buildable. It doesnt last as long as I would like to to even though I do wear a primer, set it with a powder, and spray a setting spray over it. When it starts to wear it usually starts fading on my upper lip and around my nose.. which is a super bummer because I dont like to carry my makeup around with me for touch ups unless its a lippie. The price is a little high for a drug store foundation but it is one of my favorites when it comes to foundations. The formula is pretty runny compared to other foundations I own. The packaging is perfect, a glass bottle with a pump! A pump is always a plus!