November 21, 2014 | 1692 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - True Match Lumi Healthy Luminous Makeup

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2014 10:31:00 AM More reviews by jessicapereira1691

So I have moderate acne, and I use to use the Lieole Beyond the Solution BB cream and wanted something with full coverage, I went out to the store and bought this worst mistake ever. The foundation gets oily after a couple hours, and no matter how I apply it (fingers, beauty blender, sponge brush, makeup brush) it felt so cakey and i would only apply one thin layer. The color shade was also off, I got the soft ivory and it was brownish on my skin. It made my acne worse then it was, I went back to my bb cream it made my acne much better than the foundation. Would not buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by 37mm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this product to compare against Lancome's Teint Miracle, as I work for the company and had been hearing that our customers were considering it a more downmarket alternative. For reference, I have dry, fair-medium skin with very slight cool undertones. I wear our Teint Idole foundation in the shade 210 Buff N, as I generally prefer a neutral foundation as opposed to cool. I am not typically a brand snob, and despite working for one company I use things ranging from MAC all the way down to yes, L'Oreal.

True Match Lumi has the same sun protection as Miracle, spf 15 via Octinoxate 3%. It is marketed as a light-medium coverage foundation, more geared towards dryer or dull complexions, with a luminous finish. Miracle is by description similar, medium coverage, buildable, with a subtle pearlescent particle to help deflect light and give skin a healthy glow.

For a drugstore foundation, the packaging is nice, with a glass bottle and hygienic pump. When I was initially choosing a shade, I skipped the neutrals as they all appeared to be slightly orangey in the store. I ended up getting C3, creamy natural, which at first application seemed to match fairly well, but obviously not how I was used to since I typically wear neutrals. Within an hour or so of application it had oxidized and was now way too dark, and also had a distinct orange cast to it. It didn't seem wear too badly, but the color was awful.

I exchanged it today for a different shade, and this time took my bottle of Idole with me, and much to my surprise the only shade that ended up being anywhere near similar in person was W1-2, Ivory. I have NEVER worn Ivory in my life, nor have I ever been a warm. This threw up a red flag again right away. Still I got it and went home to try it again.

Application same as before, applied with a damp beauty blender over freshly cleansed (exfoliated) skin with moisturizer. The first layer went on very sheer, but it was also the kind of sheer that sticks to every little dry spot and looks very streaky and fake. I gave it some dry down time and decided to give it a second layer to see what happened. Coverage build up slightly, but it caked up, streaked and would not blend at all. Even with moisturizer and a freshly scrubbed skin underneath it accentuated every tiny remaining bit of dryness on my nose, cheeks and chin. It was just sitting on top of my skin as a very visible, cakey mess. I mentioned that I wear Idole earlier, for this exact comparison point. Teint Idole is a matte finish, full coverage, long wearing foundation. I have DRY skin, but wear it for its longevity and finish, and I can wear two layers of that foundation without it looking anywhere near as bad as this one did.

In my personal opinion, those who are considering this as a cheaper alternative to Teint Miracle may be disappointed. While it's coverage level is similar, it does not have near the same finish on drier skin types and in my experience any added luminosity was negated by the total inability of this formula to blend or apply evenly without streaking. It honestly makes me quite sad that this product performed as poorly as it did, since L'Oreal is our parent company.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2014 9:03:00 PM More reviews by kayshannoxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

For starters the packaging is an A+ because not only the pump but the bottle is so pretty and 'classy' looking! Now for the application part, I do have very dry, dull skin and always lean towards a luminous primer as well (Ex. that gal by benefit). This foundation didn't seep into my dry patches, very blendable, great coverage for girls with the occasional breakouts. I apply this with my stippling brush or beauty blender. My new holy grail foundation right next to the L'oreal True Match!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2014 10:42:00 PM More reviews by lola444

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This has been a struggle for me cause the overall coverage is really light for me, so it does not cover up my acne scars. also its very watery so it does not stay on my skin for the whole day. But as I mix it up with other thicker foundations I'm using, it went really well.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 9:18:00 PM More reviews by Brontiii

I actually like mine a lot. My only complaint however is that it does get a little shiny. It makes my skin look flawless though. It really depends on how you apply it though. Fingers, no. Beauty blender, better. Stippling brush would be the best option. If you go to YouTube, there are plenty of beautiful women that can show you how to actually apply the product. It truly is a great product. Just carry some blotting sheets and powder. Boom. Problem solved. My shade is probably a few shades under medium.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2014 7:26:00 PM More reviews by mehevans

Pretty good for the price. Nice light/medium coverage and gives a nice dewy look on my skin without looking too shiny. Love the packaging and the squirt pump. My only complaint is that it isn't as long lasting as I'd like it to be.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2014 7:18:00 PM More reviews by nikkii18

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm 38 with very large pores. This foundation works great, as long as you use it with a good foundation primer. I've tried it without a primer and it doesn't work as well.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2014 8:01:00 PM More reviews by gothica

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have tried to like this foundation, but it simply looks terrible on me. It's easy to apply and blend across skin, being quite watery. The problem is that I can see it on my face, because this foundation seems to sit on top of the skin's surface, rather than soaking into the skin. I hate it for that. It looks like I'm wearing foundation, which I despise. It also badly exaggerates my pores, which normally do not show much, and after a couple of hours it makes me look like I have lines I don't even have--I think because it works its way into my expressions. And any time I touch my face, it feels slick and comes off. I no longer have oily skin, so it's not rubbing off due to that. I've tried setting it with powder, which does not help and only makes it look slightly cakey. It rubs off more easily than any foundation I've ever used, because it's just sitting on top of the skin. It also seems to change color slightly after a few hours.

I'm lucky to have farily good skin, so I look better without any foundation than with this on, I'm sorry to say. I only use it when leaving the house for no more than a couple of hours and want to minimize some minor imperfections or uneven tones, since the longer it's on, the worse it looks. It does give a nice sheen, but that effect is completely ruined by the other negative effects. I'm not a fan of pumps (because they sometimes break), but this pump works really well so far, which is the only good thing I can say about this product, for me personally. For those of you it works for, good for you! It's just not for everyone. I may try mixing it with another foundation to see that improves it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2014 1:20:00 AM More reviews by Megz13

I first saw this product in Walmart while looking for a new foundation. Naturally, being attracted to new things makeup related, I purchased this product. As for the price; I bought mine for about $11 dollars. The packaging was nice, and it even has a pump! That's always a good sign right? As for the product though, I didn't entirely like it. Personally, it left me shiny. I believe that's because of my weird normal-combination skin. On me, it wasn't very good, but on someone with dryer skin, it would probably be better. Other then that, the good side to this product would be it's wide range of skin tones and light to medium coverage. Overall, I would recommend this product to someone with dryer skin and advise to avoid this product if you have oily/combination skin. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2014 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Yoginibekah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

W1-2 very pink and light with a huge jump to w3. Can't make these colors work for me. In addition, very oily for my combination skin that tends towards more dry in winter (which is when I tried it.) Huge downer because it got such good reviews by Jaclyn Hill.