December 21, 2014 | 885 users online

Crème - Revlon - ColorStay Whipped Creme Makeup

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2014 1:55:00 PM More reviews by caitlinmacleod

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this product for 245 baht when it was on sale at Boots after testing out 3 of the available colour choices. I bought mine in the shade Buff Chamois (150). You do get quite a lot of product in the jar!

I love the consistency and pigmentation of the product - very creamy and silk like (although I wouldn't describe it as whipped). It's good coverage with only one layer, and if you want even better coverage, it is easy to layer and doesn't become cakey. The colour matches my skin really well, it's absolutely AMAZING!

I use my product mostly under my eyes and on my blemishes for school, maybe applying to more areas on the weekend. It stays put for the whole time I'm at school (bearing in mind I live in Thailand - super humid, sweaty and hot). It does crease slightly under my eyes if I don't use a setting powder. If I apply this to other areas of my face, I do find it makes me a little oily, possibly bring out a spot, but I just tend to avoid using this on the areas of my face I know it will make me oily and spotty:P

The packaging is both annoying and useful - a big chunky glass jar thingy. Awkward and large to fit into a makeup bag, but it can sustain the rough and tumble of being in a handbag or being dropped (I'm very clumsy:P).

The worst for last, THE SMELL. Oh dear, if only this thing smelled good. I don't know if it's just my nose, but I really, really, REALLY dislike the scent of this product. I'm pretty sure there is no added scent - but whatever it is, it smells like chemicals and menthol. I seriously have to stop breathing through my nose when I apply this because the smell is GROSS.

Overall, really nice product with good coverage and nice texture, just a shame about the bulky packaging and the chemical smell. It's not perfect for my skin type but it's perfect for my skin colour and it does it's job well. I would recommend this to people who don't wanna splurge - and despite it's flaws, I will be purchasing this again! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2014 7:18:00 AM More reviews by ShimmeryPastels

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Add more shades. Specifically more yellow undertones. The shade I got was natural tan and it matched me pretty good. Definitely a medium to full coverage foundation. This foundation is so smooth, so damn smooth. So soft and I love it. Very easy to apply with your fingertips. Everything about this is great, it just needs more shades available.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2014 2:35:00 AM More reviews by jackuzzi1212

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is definitely full coverage. It hides flaws amazing and since it's so thick, I never had problems with it with my oily skin. The packaging is very heavy and not the best for traveling. Since it's cremey, gel like, it'll move around a lot, get all over the jar, and even the lid of this was smashed in my suitcase once causing a huge mess. It's very thick, so it hide my pores very well too. It is a bit more expensive compared to other drugstore foundations, but it's worth the extra $$. I hated the liquid colorstay formulas because they were too wet, and not enough coverage, so I would chose this one over the other ones any day.
Some cons are 1) it was a little too thick and transferred terribly. If you rub against something, it'll leave a mark! 2) It felt sticky on my skin. Doesn't work well with setting powder. 3) feels a bit heavy on the skin. 4) Lastly, the main reason this isn't my favorite foundation is because since it's so pigmented, it is SUPER obvious you are wearing makeup. My friend compared it as "looking like you're wearing a wax mask, that you can just peel off." It photographs well since it looks so flawless, so I save it for important events. Definitely not an everyday, natural foundation but still one of my favorites :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2014 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Laila667

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

At first I hated this foundation but it has now become my absolute favorite. I wore the original colourstay for several years but gave it up after the formula was changed to be more sheer. I found even with my super oily skin the original aged me while the whipped formula makes me look younger.

I agree with other reviewers that say this looks better throughout the day, at the end of a 10 hour workday (with lots of stress) this stuff still looks amazing. This is a great foundation for those with oily skin that want to look fairly matte but not lifeless. I do have to blot throughout the day but oil doesnt seem to cause this to separate or rub off.

On me, this foundation seems to fill in my pores making them less visible and covers acne scars well(concealer is still needed). It provides an airbrush effect, blurring imperfections. As with pretty much all longwearing makeup, you need to make sure you completely take this stuff off at the end of they day or you probably will end up with clogged pores.

Cons: this(and the original) has a horrible colour selection. If you have yellow toned skin the best you can expect is a neutral shade and if you have a deep skin tone you have no options. I would say that the whipped formula is less pink based than the original.
The product is very thick and it can be hard to put on a thin layer but it does blend very well.
As a germaphobe, I am not a huge fan of dipping my finger in the jar to get the product, but with how thick this is, I dont believe a pump or bottle would work.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by medarrah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have been on the hunt for a holy grail foundation that will help with my oily skin and sebaceous filaments. At first, I absolutely loved how this product smoothed over my skin and make my skin look flawless. After about 3 hours, though, it started separating on my face and looking very blotchy. I used both a silicone based primer, and finishing powder to try to get this product to stay, but it just likes to slide all over :(

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 3:35:00 AM More reviews by tisahanifa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have bought this before few years ago by influence of YouTube beauty vloggers, but I got put off by how messy the packaging can get no matter how careful I am. I picked it up again this year because I live in a humid country and was so frustrated about foundations for oily skin, so I went back to Revlon (this one and the Colorstay) and was immediately impressed (again). This foundation feels thick, because of its texture but can be sheered out when mixed with moisturizer. The best part of this foundation is that it wears out beautifully at the end of the day - when you first apply it you might not see its significance, but when you look in the mirror at the end of the day (no touch ups), it looks like skin (but better!). This is my current HG foundation, the only damper is the packaging. Yes it looks expensive, but for travel, it is pretty heavy and the packaging is so much bigger than the actual content of the product. Verdict: love!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2014 8:58:00 PM More reviews by maelyn28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like the original revlon colorstay. I am very fair skinned and have a tough time finding anything to match my skin. I have a lot of pink and redness and need a yellow foundation to correct that. Colorstay Buff is the perfect shade. For some reason though, it doesnt transfer over well into the whipped. I dont like the formula texture and the color isnt yellow enough. Major flop!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2014 3:31:00 PM More reviews by Sroupas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this foundation! I bought this in Buff while I am a nc 20-25 in MAC. The shade is perfect for my yellow undertoned olive skin!! I wore this yesterday during a concert outside in 80 degree weather with pouring rain, and my skin still looked beautiful with this on! The color really does stay. And I love the whipped creme formula and how it feels so smooth and soft on my skin. Will b repurchasing

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2014 2:33:00 PM More reviews by Suzaroos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I actually really like this foundation. I have very dry skin, and HATED the original Revlon ColorStay Foundation because it made my skin look super dry and patchy, so I was a bit skeptical as to whether or not I'd like this one. It's pretty full coverage, so I typically only wear it when I need more coverage, but I like that I have found a drug store foundation that I like that is full coverage!! It's super thick and sets fairly quick so I found the best way to apply it is to place small dots on the side of my face that I'm working on and blend it out with a kabuki brush. I think that if I were to apply it all over my face at once, by the time I got to buffing it all into my skin, it'd be too dry to maneuver. I think the color range is awesome as well. My only complaint is the packaging! It looks super nice but I don't like having to dip my fingers in when I need to get the product out. Not a big enough deal to stop me from repurchasing though! Sooo if you're a dry skin girl like me, I'd definitely pick it up!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2014 9:35:00 PM More reviews by whorific

I bought this because my dry skin did not like the revlon colorstay liquid which came off cakey and dry-looking on me. The coverage of this foundation is medium and can definitely build up to a full without caking up.

I found that for me, the best way to wear this is to mix it with a bit of moisturiser, it looks more fresh on the skin and it still provides amazing!!

Finally, this last me all school-day long and what surprises me the most is that it doesn't transfer at all on anything (or anyone ;) what so ever!!