Maybelline Volum' Express The Mega Plush

3.3

on 6/19/2014 6:09:00 AM

Loved this from the moment I used it. No flaking, no clumps, and no smudges or running.
Tone it down for work or school or build it up for big lashes for a special event. Glides on reasonably easy and you don't have to tug at your lashes to use it. The wand isn't gooey and you don't have wipe off excessive amounts. It comes off pretty easy in the shower and with makeup wipes.
Only problem for me was the smell, if you have used One by One before you will know what I mean. The smell of this mascara is quite pungent. Don't let that turn you off because this is a really good product and would recommend it to anyone with short or thin lashes.

on 6/18/2014 8:31:00 PM

I think it works so great on me because I do have wide, big eyes. It just fans and coats my lashes beautifully, I'm very much addicted to it. That being said I do not advice you use this on your bottom lashes or if you have small eyes/short lashes. It's a big, fluffy brush that can get on the skin and transfer. The entire Volum' Express line has yet to disappoint me.

on 6/17/2014 12:20:00 AM

When this mascara came out, I was super excited to get my hands on a tube as I really don't like the feel of stiff lashes. It did the job! My first tube, which is really cute by the way, worked wonderfully. Long, separated, volumized lashed without the stiffness. They were actually flexible when I touched them. No flakiness either. It worked great until it dried up after a couple of months. I just bought another tube last week and it hasn't let me down either.

on 6/16/2014 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I love this mascara. Gives me well coated lashes with no flake. You only need 1-2 coats to get the job done. Makes lashes look nice without being too over the top

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This mascara was a total waste of money. The brush was impossible to use because of that bend in the middle- it just pushed my lashes away, didn't coat them at all. Didn't someone test this product before they put it on the market? What were they thinking?! Cute packaging but that doesn't really matter if the product is terrible!

on 6/13/2014 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Oh Maybelline! Yet another under preformering, overhyped mascara.

Unlike certain other maybelline mascaras, the formula wasn't really the problem here (don't get me wrong, it's nothing to write home about).. it was the damn brush! I felt like I was using a cotton bud/qtip to apply mascara. The bristles of the brush all stuck together and just transferred blobs of the product directly onto my lashes.

Even after a few coats of this stuff, I saw no volume as promised. Some days, it would give a rather mediocre result.. and on bad days, it would just be clump mania.

Even though it is good value (I paid about 10 I think), it is not worth the money at all and I would not repurchase this.

on 6/12/2014 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I was excited when this mascara was introduced because I really like lightweight, natural looking mascaras, and the trend lately is just the opposite. But this mascara was really disappointing. I think the formula is okay, if a little sticky, but it's hard to tell because I can't get a good application with that awful wand. The brush has sparse, spindly bristles that are spaced too far apart, and it made my lashes look, well, sparse, spindly and spaced too far apart. I have made several attempts at this, and have been disappointed every time. I will not buy it again. I'm not even going to use up the tube I have.

on 6/10/2014 1:17:00 AM

I have this in blackest black and it absolutely lifts and extends my eyelashes. Besides the lashes near the tearduct and outer end it is able to reach all across my lashline.
The brush wiggles a little because there is a cut toward the end section. I guess ' Maybelline' thought this would give consumers more control and it can but only if you have a steady hand. This has a wet feeling that takes a minute to dry so be careful not to blink or have something on hand to catch flecks.
This mascara comes in four shades.

on 6/9/2014 8:33:00 PM

Just like so many other mascaras, I bought this on a whim. I've had really good luck in the past, but this was disappointing. The name of this, to me, is deceptive. "Volume", "Mega", "Plush"...all words that sucked me in. I was really hoping it would deliver all those things.
This mascara is just okay. The formula is on the wet side, and I needed to apply 3 coats to get anything decent from it. I didn't find it to be volumizing or plush in any way. In fact, I think it's more lengthening than anything. It's nice and black, but the formula is thin. I also didn't much like the bendy wand. It made application a little bit messy. I guess this would be a good one if you're looking to just darken your lashes a bit for a very natural look, but if you're looking for mega plush volume...take a pass.
ETA: I just wanted to add that I thought this mascara was surprisingly difficult to wash off. It claims to be able to come off with just soap and water, but I did not find this to be true. I usually wash my makeup off with Purity by Philosophy, and it even gets water resistant formulas off with ease. But, I looked like a raccoon and had to reach for the cold cream to scrub it off.

on 6/9/2014 5:35:00 PM

there is nothing volume or plush about it. I actually got it because I wanted volume and this is also one of the few brands that has navy mascara so that was one of the reasons why I got it.
However, it was the most average mascara-there was nothing special about it. I do have fairly dark lashes so navy color didn't show, it just looked black. And while my lashes are fairly long, they need volume. didn't happen with this one. I wouldn't repurchase