September 1, 2014 | 1838 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Mega Plush

rated 4 of 5 on 12/22/2013 3:09:00 AM More reviews by NightAng3l

Im going to start this review with the products packaging. This is by FAR the worst wand design I have ever come across! The wand is SO bendy it literally does not allow you to put the product on your lashes properly. I find that in general mascara performance relies heavily on the users application. For me, I place the brush at the base of my lashes and wiggle the brush INTO my lashes and at the same time try to push the eyelashes into the applicator by closing my eyelid. Then I wiggle the brush up through the lashes and then with quick swipes brush the mascara on the "traditional way"..i find this way i distribute product to as much area on the eyelash as I can and it also fans my eyelashes out and avoids clumps.. But with this mascara? when I push it into my lashes, it bounces/moves away!! Actually, it stops moving once it touches your lashes rather than going in between them..results in too much product on one side of the lash and ultimately clumping with the neighboring lash. It takes me double the time to apply the desired amount of mascara on, by the end of it im frustrated that I cant separate my lashes so I get a different mascara just to be able to use the stiff wand so I can brush my lashes and remove any clumping (ofcourse you can use a clean mascara wand or one of those brush thingies but who has time for that??)

Even with the sucky applicator, I could tell the formula itself was promising. So I replaced the wand with my Maybelline Colossal wand (tube I just finished, washed the wand) and since its the same type of packaging it screws on perfectly. And voila! This mascara is now awesome! Formula is great, builds volume/length without clumping, very dark colour (got it in very black) and im liking it. Been using it daily. I havent tried this yet but I fell like I could build this mascara for real va va voom lashes for a night out.

So thumbs up for formula, thumbs down for packaging. Id repurchase but toss the wand straight away.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2013 11:55:00 AM More reviews by diLovesblue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My favorite mascara is the flare falsies, love love love! Until I discovered LancĂ´me hypnose mascara. Knowing that I love falsies I went ahead and tried this mascara out. I have long lashes but not enough of them so I always grab a volimizing mascara. I really liked this formula, I tend to like dry formulas than watery ones. Well when I applied it, it made my lashes look beautiful. However, this mascara transferred a lot! After five hours I had it under my eyes and I was close to looking like a raccoon! I also wore it for this party were I danced a lot, it did transferred but not as much as I thought it would. I do however have oily eyelids, so that could be a trigger. Maybe waterproof is better, I do recommend it, but if you have oily eyelids check after a few hours!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/15/2013 9:02:00 PM More reviews by bunniesandkitties

Formula is good but hate the applicator! It does as advertised - lashes stay soft to touch, doesn't flake and it gives plenty of volume to my thin lashes! They also stayed very curled in humid conditions. The downfall of this mascara is the applicator, hate that it's so bendy! I've gotten used to it now having used it for a couple of weeks, you need to apply the mascara gently so that the brush doesn't bend too much and mess up your eye makeup and also with fairly quick continuous root to tip strokes until you get the desired length and thickness... Don't let it dry between coats, my lashes became too "separated" if I apply it like other mascaras. Not bad for a drugstore mascara under $10. Unsure if I'll purchase again, maybe if they change the wand!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2013 3:41:00 PM More reviews by missxcow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This mascara is crap, it does nothing for my lashes. It doesn't thicken or lengthen. It shows up a little after applying 8 or 9 coats and ain't no body got time for that.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2013 3:23:00 AM More reviews by Shony101

Love this stuff. It make my eyelashes look super long and the formula makes it feels like I'm wearing nothing and it's cheap!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2013 9:39:00 PM More reviews by stimwink1

One of those few products that just didn't work for me. This is a dry formula (very) and the bendy brush just drove me nuts because I couldn't get the product loaded on my lashes. I understand there's alot of girls out there who will love this and it will work for. I have pretty full lashes (latsse) and it was just not working. I'd rather use cover girl clump crusher which is a similar formula but a sturdier brush.

The brush is similar to the too faced better than sex mascara so for you girls that love that one this might work for you!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by Heyitskristina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like using this as a base for my mascaras if that makes sense because it doesn't really do much alone but with a second mascara its amazing. It defines them and they're not clumpy at all. I do not like the wand

rated 2 of 5 on 12/9/2013 5:39:00 AM More reviews by beckynicole1

This didn't work for me. The formula didn't seem to lengthen or volumise and the brush with the bendy handle made it a lot harder to really get the product into the lashes. Definitely better mascaras out there

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by Girlygirl491

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hi! I recently bought this and tried it on my right eye and compared to my left. It is FANTASTIC! I thought I was wearing fake lashes it looked so good! It has absolutely no clumping and breaking and the gel formula feels so smooth on my eyelashes. Definitely would recommend this to everybody!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2013 2:47:00 AM More reviews by ObsessedAsian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Kay, so I read the reviews and there are so much hate on this product, lool why? I think it's amazing! Once I used this without curling my lashes (keep in mind I'm Asian so I have small lashes) & it made them so big! It works well for me! But cause of the brush size I have a hard time doing my bottom lashes...