April 21, 2014 | 819 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Volum' Express The Mega Plush

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by cntrlaltdlt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this the other day, and I really liked it. You could apply lots of coats with out clumping, and it made my lashes look pretty and feathery. Unlike others, I didn't have any smudging, however, it did take a little bit longer to dry than other mascaras I've used. Overall, I thought this was a nice, affordable everyday mascara.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by scarletshay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This mascara ends up underneath my eyes within half an hour of being applied. Its so bad! Don't waste your money. I was out having dinner and wondering why everyone was looking at me funny... I went to the bathroom before I left and discovered that my mascara had spread somehow down the top of my cheeks so it looked like I had been crying. Arghhh. Do not buy.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/30/2013 6:45:00 AM More reviews by MissStaceyGason

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The brush is horrible not good at all!! 👎👎👎👎

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2013 10:29:00 PM More reviews by andreakp103

This was terrible it didn't hold my lash, it pulled my lashes down and it made my eyelashes look like spider legs even with just going over my lashes once. It was the worst mascara I won't ever buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2013 8:34:00 AM More reviews by natmc13

Love this, I bought this when it came out and fell in love. You can keep applying coats throughout the day without it drying up and makes your eyelashes so think and whispy/couture like. Will be buying this again x

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2013 11:08:00 PM More reviews by mysticradiance

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great mascara, does exactly what it's meant to. Gives a full, volumized natural look, without smudging or flaking. Perfect for everyday looks. Holds a curl well, and the waterproof version is very resistant. Only thing I didn't like was the flexible wand. The wand was just to bendy and weak, making it hard to control and to grip the lashes.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2013 5:33:00 PM More reviews by melissamberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

The brush is weird and bends, which means it can't really grip my lashes like I'm used to. The results are below average, I have to put a lot of time + effort into putting on this mascara if I want long, fluttery lashes. This mascara separates but doesn't do much in terms of length or volume.
Pros: doesn't clump, doesn't smudge or move (it's actually kinda hard to get off, I have the non WP version)
Cons: doesn't do much for me in terms of length or volume, takes a long time to achieve a result I'm satisfied with.

Have short, asian lashes. I would recommend the Jordana mascara if youre on the hunt for a good one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by postmoderngirl

This mascara is just average for me. I mostly wanted to try it because of the packaging.. hah. I think this is supposed to be "natural" and it definitely is. It doesn't clump, but it also doesn't give me any volume, either. It gives a bit of length but overall my lashes don't look a whole lot different. It's fine if you want to layer it with another mascara, but on its own I'm not a fan.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/24/2013 3:15:00 AM More reviews by Inayah

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The packaging is pretty cute not gonna lie lol but the mascara is definitely not my favorite. The formula is kinda more to the watery side. It's interesting.When I first put the mascara on I put about 2 coats and it looked pretty nice, not to much length but an good amount of volume. After the fourth hour of wearing this I noticed that it smudged a lot. My under eyes were black because of the mascara. Not long wearing. I decided to give it another chance but it smudged again. Not buying again.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/23/2013 9:50:00 PM More reviews by fcollins

Ok, so I will be honest no matter what the reviews said I was going to buy this mascara purely because of the packaging and just try to make it work! When I first applied this mascara my eyes looked like those amazingly long and expensive extensions- INCREDIBLE! However, only 5-10 minutes later the curl had gone and my lashes looked tiny, compared to their average length without mascara. I decided to wear two coats one day and after an hour of having it on I asked my friend who knows how much of a mascara junkie I am how my lashes looked, she said "WOW, I have never seen you without mascara before!" and then I told her, on closer inspection when I checked out my eyes in the mirror at the end of the day, the mascara had smudged all over my eyelid! I will be honest I really enjoy the brush and formula, the bendable brush is something you can really work to get a great fluttering look in your lashes, the formula is impossibly light and very, very black. I love wet mascaras but also thick mascaras and this was very thin, it literally is a gel mousse.
This mascara exceeded my expectations by far at initial reaction but after a while, the disappointment in Maybelline starts to really kick in.

MUST READ:
In the start of the review I mentioned that I was going to find a purpose for this mascara and I realised that it is a great primer! When you put it on and work quickly whilst it is wet and you apply another mascara (Rimmel scandalise, orange tube, Maybelline falsies) over the top it adds a bit of spark to your usual mascara routine. Also beware that the mascara brush hits your lids easily during application so do mascara before any eyeshadow, liner etc.