October 1, 2014 | 1263 users online

Hair Color - Revlon - Colorsilk

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2012 11:50:00 AM More reviews by yazmin77

i had very dark brown hair so i used this as i wanted to lighten my hair a little, i heard al the rave reviews that this lightens dark hair, anyhow i brought this in shade 80 light ash blonde and i left it on my hair for nearly a hour and it went to a nice honey copper brown, i only did my roots so i can match the rest of my hair, but it went to a beautiful colour, even tho it did not contain ammonia it did still leave my hair quite dry, but the conditioner that came with it left my hair silky and quite shiny.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2012 10:18:00 PM More reviews by haley30

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using Revlon Colorsilk for about 3 years now and it has never failed me until now. I had bought the Medium Blonde 74 at my local Walmart for less than $3. My hair is 2 toned; blonde on the bottom and brown on top. After dying my hair and rinsing the color it was not what I was wanting. Instead turning out like the shade chart on the back it was an ashy grey blonde color and looked horrible. I ended up dying my hair Medium Brown 41 all over. I recommend Revlon Colorsilk but I am hoping that the bottle I had was from a bad batch.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2012 11:59:00 AM More reviews by mainlinediva2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

So far from this brand I've used Champagne blonde (d/c of course and it was a perfect shade) and Med. Ash Blonde which left me very brassy. I always found Revlon's Colorsilk to be very very drying, so I wasn't going out of my way to buy Revlon again this time around, honestly I was looking at other brands, but this seemed to be the lightest out of all the dark blonde options, so that's the only reason I picked this. My hair before coloring was like 4 different colors (blonde, dark blonde, dark roots with gray). Well, considering what my hair looked like before, my hair turned out awesome!! :). Did my whole head this time, left it on for 30 mins. and it came out a really pretty dark blonde (very close to the color on the model on box) with very little to no brass and no gray plus my hair is so soft!! Also, I love how this doesn't smell harsh like some of the other box dye's do, it's almost like a beachy smell. I'm very very happy with the results.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2012 9:40:00 AM More reviews by jababy3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use #27 Deep Rich Brown. Most of my grays are right in the crown of my head. My hair grows very fast so I have to touch up the roots once a month. I have never had a problem with this damaging my hair and as a matter of fact it is probably in the best shape it's ever been in and I have used this product for over 2 years now. The color does fade some which I don't mind because it almost looks like I have highlights in my hair. I love this stuff and I can't see spending so much more on more expensive dyes when this gives me just what I am looking for.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2012 3:43:00 PM More reviews by blairXwitch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my first time trying it, I've been a faithful user of Garnier Nutrisse for years.
I bought Colorsilk in the shade Sun Blonde, which I figured would be the equivalent of Chamomile in Nutrisse.
My hair is naturally light brown, and I don't use bleach, so I always look for colors able to lift my natural color on the roots to a light blonde...and this did it better than Nutrisse!
I only used it on my regrowth, so I cannot talk about how drying/non drying it is. But my roots came out a nice very light golden blonde (lighter than what I get with Nutrisse) and blended perfectly with the rest of my hair.
So color-wise, this is now my HG.
What I didn't like (and that's why I knocked off a lippie) is that it made my scalp HURT. I only had it on for 30 min as opposed to the 40 they advise, because I literally couldn't bare the pain. This is something I never got with Nutrisse. I didn't have any sores or anything after rinsing, so no big deal.
Another little plus is that it is about $2 cheaper than Nutrisse.
So all in all, I will stick with Colorsilk for now, and will probably buy an ashy shade this time.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2012 10:37:00 PM More reviews by uraznbabygurl

This didn't work out for me as it did for many others. I get that there's a lot of appeal for Colorsilk. It's VERY inexpensive, fairly easy to use, and has a lot of colors especially for a drugstore brand. Unfortunately, every color I tried faded within one week after coloring. But it DID make my hair feel like silk with the conditioner. Bummer :(

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2012 5:01:00 PM More reviews by erinelaine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Been almost a year total since I last colored my grays due to pregnancy (I know they say its safe with modern formulations but I'm not vain enough to take the risk!), and I was thrilled to pick up my three-dollar favorite. Yes, it can fade a little, but even salon color can fade, especially reds, and for 2.97 I can afford to touch up every four weeks. Plenty of color for my long hair, not drippy, smell is bearable....what's not to love?

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 4:05:00 AM More reviews by CStarr5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I had been using L'Oreal hair color for a few years,which did work very good but,then they must have changed the formulation because the odor of it became unbearable.So,I decided to give my mom's brand of Revlon ColorSilk a try.I am so glad I did and have been using it ever since.It applies and covers beautifully,there is minimal to none odor and for the low price of about $4.00 you can't beat the quality.This is the only hair color that I have found that does not contain harsh ingredients.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by mothernature

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I haven't colored my hair for about five years. But I was getting bored with my light brown hair, so I decided to give colorsilk in Dark Ash Blonde a try. My hair came out soft and shiny. There was plenty in the box for my shoulder length extremely thick hair. I wish it would have come out a little bit lighter, but I really just wanted to tone down my brassy brown and cover a few stray grays. This color delivered what I wanted and it was less than three dollars. I've tried the more expensive drugstore brands and I think this is the best. I'm hoping it will lighten a bit when I wash my hair a few times, but I will definitely buy this again. Maybe I'll go one shade lighter if it doesn't fade out enough, but you can't beat the price and quality of this haircolor. Definitely a keeper for me!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2012 1:50:00 AM More reviews by makeupgrl2008

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

i am EXTREMELY disappointed in this product!!!
after reading all of the wonderful reviews here and getting a rec from my friend, i decided to give this a try since my hair had faded to a brassy/orangey color.
MY HAIR HAS NEVER BEEN SO DRY IN IT'S ENTIRE LIFE!!!
after rinsing out the dye, i actually thought someone had replaced my hair with straight up hay! it was so dry and so tangly, and i was very very very mad. The conditioner was also unimpressive, and smelled funny.
This has also been the only hair dye that has ever caused irritation on my scalp, and i have tried MANY different brands, but after such an atrocious experience, i think my exploring days might be over...
To sum everything up:
Pros:
-cheap
-covers grays very well (super happy, yay for stress-induced gray hair)

Cons:
-DESTROYS hair, not damages, DESTROYS
-color came out BLACK not dark brown (3N)
-messy
-irritation
-did i mention DRY HAIR!

i will absolutely not buy again. never.