April 20, 2014 | 934 users online

Moisturizers - Avene - Skin Recovery Cream (US name: Cream For Intolerant Skin)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2011 10:41:00 AM More reviews by venteux

I've been using this cream for months and I can clearly see a difference. It does feel a little heavy, but it absorbs quickly and is great for sensitive and intolerant skin. I still get the occasional hormonal breakout, but it's not due to this cream. I find it expensive for the amount of product you get. I've taken off a lippie because of the packaging. Although it's a great concept that they've created a package where they try to minimize the dirt and bacteria that will get into the tube, I can never get it work properly. Maybe it's just me since I haven't seen any other reviewers complain about this, but I find it hard to squeeze the right amount of cream out. I always end up squeezing A LOT more than I need and wasting it! And since I'm paying so much for such a small tube, all of that wasted cream just hurts my wallet. So while I do like the cream, the packaging turns me off so I'm going to see if I can something else.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2011 4:38:00 AM More reviews by jasLLLynn

highly recommended for extremely sensitive skin! i had eczema on my face twice, and on both occasions, the eczema disappeared completely after using it for only a week! (the reason why i had a relapse of eczema is because i switched to another brand.. bad choice.) i don't think i will ever switch to any other brand of moisturiser again. the only downside to this product is that it feels a little heavy on the skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2011 5:51:00 PM More reviews by ns4487

This is a great moisturiser! I love that it has so few products - i did have a look to see if there were any irritating ings, and there does not appear to be (which is great for me as I have very clog-prone skin!). The feel is luxe and it absorbs quickly leaving my skin feeling hydrated. It is quite expensive, and you only get a small amount (40ml) but I will continue to purchase this. I love it, and am going to try out some of Avene's other products as soon as I have the cash. Have been using this for a few weeks now with no breakouts! Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Martine74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The first time I got this cream was when on holidays in Spain and I got the worst bout of sun allergy. I went to a pharmacy and the lady suggested this cream and to stay out of the sun ;).

Within 5 days of intensive applying and reapplying my skin was back to normal, and I've used it ever since. Sometimes I try another cream, a more "advanced" one (Dior, Chanel, Clinique, Clarins), but they left me with break outs, so no other cream for me.

This cream is just perfect; it calms, sooths, moisturizes, protects (winters here are brutal), absorbs very quickly.
Hope it will never be discontinued. That would be truly horrible.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2010 4:01:00 PM More reviews by middlemarch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I apply this moisturizer in the morning and evening. Pros: great price, fragrance-free, easy to apply, anti-irritating and makes skin soft. Cons: only 40 ml tube. I think you're suppose to use this for skin to "recover" and then go back to your regular cream (?). Also, I wish the tube was clear so you could see how much is left. I left Clarins for this product and I'm happy about it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2010 1:39:00 PM More reviews by justbeinghonest

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I have dry, mild rosaecean/SD prone skin, and this moisturizer has been a lifesaver! I've been using it for only two weeks, but it has caused no additional redness or irritation. No fragrance, minimal ingredients -- seemingly perfect (knock on wood).
Edited: caused breakouts, lowered rating

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2010 2:41:00 AM More reviews by sweetheart_xo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

After a bad experience with a very unhygienic MAC makeup artist, my skin broke out in numerous little bumps, all over my forehead, cheeks and chin. My skin was feeling itchy, tight and uncomfortable, and I pulled out one of my Avene Skin Recovery Cream samples that I picked up from work the other day. I've used this twice, once before bed and in the morning, and my skin is so so much better. This totally cleared up any itching and redness I had and helped to soothe my irritated skin. I normally have oily/combination skin and this does make my skin feel a little greasy (after all I'm used to all my mattifying face products) however I'm not complaining :) Very, very pleased with it. I don't think it would be suitable to use on a daily basis though, but for times like these it works an absolute treat.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2010 4:18:00 AM More reviews by Jinhee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use recovery cream over my glycolic creams and diacneal at night. Gentle and while it's not the most emollient, it heals and protects against drying effects of retinols. It's not greasy or heavy so perfect for the daytime as well. Avene is affordable, gentle and effective line that has given me consistenly great results. Love the tubes that is not only hygenic but allow use to the last drop.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2010 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Everlastinad

Love this moisturiser! Very light, suitable for day and night use. This is going to be my 4th tube already. It does help if i have redness on my cheeks, blotchiness or dryness. I'll apply slightly more during the night and u can see the redness gone the next day. It has a non greasy feel after application and doesnt make my skin oily at the end of the day. I have acne prone skin, dry cheeks sometimes and oily t zone but it really did improve my skin condition after trying this cream. The only downside is that the contents in a tube is quite little for the price. But definitely worth a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2010 5:45:00 AM More reviews by isabelle7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE it !
The winter weather left me with extreme dryness and redness around my eyes and cheeks as well as eczema on my neck and chin.
I tried everything but nothing would get rid of it for 3 horrible months. Then I decided to buy this product and applied it on my face before going to sleep. The morning after I was amazed: more that half of the dryness and redness was gone.
Then for the following week I was a bit disappointed as the other half did not seem to improve at all.
3 weeks later, my skin is really soft and healthy looking and the redness and dryness have gone completely.
As for my eczema I used a specific treatment that seemed to make it go an come back all the time. Since I used Skin recovery on top of this treatment the eczema seems to never come back again.
It really works for me when I donít apply it straight after cleaning my face but after I let my skin dry for a while. My theory is that letting the skin dry allows the rough surface to separate from the healthy skin underneath. And thatís when Skin recovery can best do its job on that rough part!
Anyway I will keep buying this again and againÖ