October 2, 2014 | 1537 users online

Moisturizers - Avene - Skin Recovery Cream (US name: Cream For Intolerant Skin)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2011 12:21:00 PM More reviews by AlexaElisabetta

I love this! I recently experienced a really bad breakout and some serious irritation from another product. Totally desperate, I picked up some of this at my local london drugs, and it's been really great. I have acne-prone, super sensitive, clog-prone skin with rosacea, so it can be difficult navigating all these needs, but this works wonders.

Has calmed down my skin, and though its only been a week, has not caused any breakouts. There is no fragrance to this cream (that is essential for my sensitive skin!) and it has a really minimal list of ingredients. For those of you worried about mineral oil, check skincareman's notepad, there is nothing wrong with mineral oil in cosmetics and skincare!

I mix a little bit of this in my palm with avene Cicalfate, and pat over slightly damp skin. It does a great job of moisturizing and balancing out redness. I absolutely love this stuff and will never stray! Makes my face look glowy and great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2011 8:18:00 AM More reviews by signemarie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great winter moisturiser for dry and sensitive skin. A little too thick for summer use, but excellent for winter. Very nice creamy formula that sinks in quickly. Wish it had sunscreen.

Will probably repurchase next winter.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/8/2011 12:59:00 PM More reviews by syoo11

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Please be careful if you have sensitive skin. After reading so many good reviews here, I ran out and bought this yesterday, along with the thermal spritz. When I put this on last night, I thought that my face felt a little itchy but I really wanted to believe all the reviews and persevered. A BIG MISTAKE.. I woke up with about a dozen red hives all over my face. I should have known better.. I read a few reviews here that warned of this but did not pay attention..

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2011 11:50:00 PM More reviews by MissKiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This product is very expensive ($40 a tube) it does last a while but I have only been using it locally if I ever get any irritation. I don't think I could afford to use it as part of my regular beauty regime and put it all over my face. It is very calming to the skin and fixes up any redness or irritation I have. I love this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2011 4:26:00 PM More reviews by isabellaz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Definitely worth the money!! Here in Finland it costs about 20 and you can buy it in every hemist's/pharmacy.
Bought because my skin became so very dry this winter. I've tried a lot of different creams but nothing really helped.
I actually noticed a difference after just one day! Then my skin seemed to got worse for about two days, and thought to myself that is was a waste of money. But then it got a lot better!! It's like the cream exfoliated the skin.

I will definitely repurchase this.
Should mention that I'm using the Rich-version of this (Rich Skin Recovery Cream).

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2011 10:41:00 AM More reviews by venteux

I've been using this cream for months and I can clearly see a difference. It does feel a little heavy, but it absorbs quickly and is great for sensitive and intolerant skin. I still get the occasional hormonal breakout, but it's not due to this cream. I find it expensive for the amount of product you get. I've taken off a lippie because of the packaging. Although it's a great concept that they've created a package where they try to minimize the dirt and bacteria that will get into the tube, I can never get it work properly. Maybe it's just me since I haven't seen any other reviewers complain about this, but I find it hard to squeeze the right amount of cream out. I always end up squeezing A LOT more than I need and wasting it! And since I'm paying so much for such a small tube, all of that wasted cream just hurts my wallet. So while I do like the cream, the packaging turns me off so I'm going to see if I can something else.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2011 4:38:00 AM More reviews by jasLLLynn

highly recommended for extremely sensitive skin! i had eczema on my face twice, and on both occasions, the eczema disappeared completely after using it for only a week! (the reason why i had a relapse of eczema is because i switched to another brand.. bad choice.) i don't think i will ever switch to any other brand of moisturiser again. the only downside to this product is that it feels a little heavy on the skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2011 5:51:00 PM More reviews by ns4487

This is a great moisturiser! I love that it has so few products - i did have a look to see if there were any irritating ings, and there does not appear to be (which is great for me as I have very clog-prone skin!). The feel is luxe and it absorbs quickly leaving my skin feeling hydrated. It is quite expensive, and you only get a small amount (40ml) but I will continue to purchase this. I love it, and am going to try out some of Avene's other products as soon as I have the cash. Have been using this for a few weeks now with no breakouts! Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Martine74

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The first time I got this cream was when on holidays in Spain and I got the worst bout of sun allergy. I went to a pharmacy and the lady suggested this cream and to stay out of the sun ;).

Within 5 days of intensive applying and reapplying my skin was back to normal, and I've used it ever since. Sometimes I try another cream, a more "advanced" one (Dior, Chanel, Clinique, Clarins), but they left me with break outs, so no other cream for me.

This cream is just perfect; it calms, sooths, moisturizes, protects (winters here are brutal), absorbs very quickly.
Hope it will never be discontinued. That would be truly horrible.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2010 4:01:00 PM More reviews by middlemarch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I apply this moisturizer in the morning and evening. Pros: great price, fragrance-free, easy to apply, anti-irritating and makes skin soft. Cons: only 40 ml tube. I think you're suppose to use this for skin to "recover" and then go back to your regular cream (?). Also, I wish the tube was clear so you could see how much is left. I left Clarins for this product and I'm happy about it.