October 2, 2014 | 1936 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Greensmoke

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2008 9:27:00 PM More reviews by sharis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Why oh why did I wait so long to buy this?! I remember looking at it a couple of years ago and thinking "eh". For some strange reason I purchased Greensmoke at my last visit to the MAC store because I needed one ore to fill up a palette so I thought "Oh, why not." and I am SO glad I did. Honestly, this is my new favorite of all time. Keep in mind, I am the most neutral makeup person on the planet. I can't stand color on my eyes. I always feel funny with much color. This one surprisingly is still very neutral. Who would have thought that?! It's a pewter green that really does make your eye looks dazzling. Oh, I also HATE glitter (hey, I'm over 40 and don't want to look like I'm trying to be 18 again) but this one totally works for me. I think it would be great for nighttime but I am using it nearly everyday usually over one of the light, neutral paints and Ricepaper or Nylon to highlight. Today I paired it with Amber lights and that was gorgeous. I love it with Patina as well. Ah! I am just so happy with this e/s. I have never been sick in love with an e/s until this one that's for sure. So, if you are on the fence you MUST get this!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2008 6:47:00 AM More reviews by heididance39

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I love this colour, and it works really well whit paint pot "bare study'.Y our eyes look dark with a golden finish.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2008 11:52:00 AM More reviews by PrettyBrownEyes2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just bought L'oreal HIP in the Metallic Gunmetal and this is comparable if not better than MAC's Greensmoke. I am returning the Greensmoke since I bought it the day before I checked out HIP Gunmetal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2008 7:32:00 PM More reviews by turkey2083

I really love this color. I bought it about a month ago, but just tried using it today. I used it on my lid and blended it up into cocomotion pigment. It blends well, is beautiful and really makes my blue green eyes pop.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2008 1:17:00 AM More reviews by tinalebelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Unless I use a heavy hand, all I get is greensmoke-tinted glitter. It is a bit difficult to get the most out of the color when applying, but when I do I love it. Bought it as a hopeful replacement to my beloved and disconintued VS Golden Olive, but not quite golden enough.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2008 9:45:00 PM More reviews by ceciliathegreat

I finally got around to using it and I really like it. The only thing that kinda bothers me is that it contains a lot of tiny silver glitters.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2008 3:33:00 AM More reviews by rochas2

What a color. This is a very glittery pewter green that will make your eyes looks dazzling. Like most reviewers, I love the color so much it breaks my heart that the texture is hard to work with. Still worth it, I'd say, you just have to use primer, layer it on and watch out for the fallout.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2008 12:21:00 AM More reviews by laynesaidwattt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

AMAZING eyeshadow! I love MAC! the colors may be bold but on a night out this is a girl's best friend!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2008 4:15:00 AM More reviews by aline26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

ahhh the infamous lustre e/s forumla.... they look so pretty in the pot but can be so incredibly difficult to work with... now ive had better luck with some of the lustre e/s'... mythology, gleam and aquadisiac havent been as problematic as this one, nanogold and honesty.. which is such a shame because i find the lustre e/s' are the prettiest ones when in the pan..

but on to the actual color itself... i agree with the reviewer that said this shadow was aptly named.... its your perfect smoky greyish green.... very shimmery, but not over the top.. when used wet on the lower lash line it compliments a greyish brown smoky eye perfectly... but it is difficult to layer and blend which is a damn shame because its such a gorgeous color...

minus one lippie for that, but i just love the color so much... would buy again despite problems

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2008 1:43:00 AM More reviews by winddancer1323

I actually really loved this eyeshadow. It looks like a shimmery dark green with a hint of silver in the pot, but on my NC 44 skin, was more of a grey color with a hint of green. Perfect for a smoky eye look or as an all over color. Swipe on this eyeshadow, a little bit of eyeliner and mascara, and viola! You've got fabulous eyes