MAC Lustre - Retrospeck

4.2

on 1/21/2010 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a beautiful shadow. I just got it about a month ago and have since worn it as a wash about 3 times. I apply it heavily, using my Sigma SS239 (a Mac dupe) brush. This brush, I've found, really helps in minimizing fallout. I'm not sure why but it does. (I am really liking the Sigma eye brushes I bought!) Retrospeck is a kind of dirty yellow/goldenrod color but it can definitely be considered on the neutral side, imo. It looks SO pretty as a wash, with black liner, and a dusting of BE Original Gossamer over it all. I dust Gossamer over ALL my shadow looks, whether it's matte or shimmery. For some reason, to me, the Gossamer just gives everything a beautiful pulled together look that I just love. It doesn't change the color of any shadow at all, but just gives a fairydusted look to it. It made my Retrospeck look today fabulous !!! Would definitely purchase again. Update--I wore this again today as a wash but today I added a layer of Blonde's Gold pigment over it and that just made it even more gorgeous ! Beautiful color !

on 1/11/2010 8:08:00 PM

really pretty and versitile. can be used as a highlight, on the lid or as an all over wash. i don't have problems with fall out like others have mentioned. loveee it.

on 1/1/2010 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Retrospeck has got to be one of my absolute FAVOURITE eyeshadow shades ever.
I do agree with most people, that the fallout can be a pain, but the colour itself, the pigmentation and the blendability of this product are well worth the fall out :)
Perfect champagne highlight colour on my NW25 skin!

on 12/26/2009 8:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Beautiful, beautiful color, but the only problem is the fall out. I have to use this wet or else it turns into a mess.

on 12/5/2009 3:41:00 PM

i lovee this!
it gives my eyes a pretty shine.
got many compliments, and would definatelyy buy again.
wear it alot to school.
i reccomend it greatly. (:

on 11/27/2009 5:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

very nice neutral color, well pigmented and not chunky at all, no fall outs. I like to pair it with golds and browns.

on 11/12/2009 9:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

BEST eyeshadow ever!! I wore this for my wedding, and still wear it for all major events & going out. It is a shimmery brownish gold. I love, love , love it! Will always have it in my makeup collection. Beautiful with brown & hazel eyes.

on 11/11/2009 4:59:00 PM

L.O.V.E this eyeshadow. A make up obsessed friend bought me it for a present and it's been a stable eyeshadow for me ever since. I wear it on its own in the day and as a highligher in the evening. It's fab. I don't have any of the problems with fall out that some of the other girls have mentioned either.

on 11/7/2009 10:27:00 PM

I was kind of skeptical about this color while I was looking at this in the store (i HATE their lighting at the MAC store). I thought it would be a decent highlight color, so I had a talk with the MUA there (she was African American) and she told me it's great for highlight when you're dark skinned like her, but it's a great lid color for fair people (like me). I ended up buying it and loving it! I'm not a fan of lustres AT ALL so I was kind of "ehh" about it at first, but I think it looks great on very fair skinned people. Would definatly purchase again.

on 11/1/2009 10:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is such a gorgeous colour! It was my first MAC eyeshadow and since then I've probably repurcashed about four times. I use Retrospeck everyday to highlight my tear duct & my brow bone. It looks so pretty on an olive skin tone. I agree with the reviews that say that it has to much fall out but paired with a primer underneath, the shimmer doesn't go anywhere. It's probably my favourite MAC eyeshadow.

Top Rated MAC Products