April 16, 2014 | 970 users online

Powder - Bare Escentuals - Bare Minerals in 1.2, fairly light

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2011 7:02:00 PM More reviews by BluegrassGal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this makeup!! I've been on the makeup search for years and can finally say I found my HG!! It blends really nicely and gives you really great coverage without looking cakey and yuck! And it didn't irritate my skin (which is a huge deal!!) I bought this because my sister highly recommended it!! Now I most definitely recommend it!! WONDER MAKEUP!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2011 3:17:00 PM More reviews by CAZUAE

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

WOW! I had heard of mineral powders/make up but just thought that, regardless of the claims, they would dry out my skin and sink into my fine lines making me look both much older and fake (which any kind of loose powder has done before). Not the case!

Sephora Dubai has been selling the bare Minerals starter sets for ages now and whilst I was always tempted I resisted just thinking it would be (more!) money down the drain in the quest for that 'dewy glowy' look which I barely remember from my 20s.. 8-) Today I went in looking for the Nars Laguna bronzer but was unsuccessful as they no longer stock it there... so anxious to buy SOMETHING I thought I would finally go for it! Am I glad I did?!!!

I watched the DVD accompanying the starter set but was still convinced I had wasted my money... not so! I followed the instructions exactly (the video is actually really good, very simple and easy to apply the steps) and in literally around 8 mins I have an incredibly natural looking glow with a 'no make up' just 'good skin' look!! I can't quite believe it. I did use a tad bit of Urban Decay in Greedy as I like to enhance that 'just in from the cold' look (it suits my blonde hair/complexion) and, of course, the usual mascara/lippie/shadow. I am very happy with the results and don't feel like I have any make up on at all - just a healthy all over glow. I applied it around 7 hours ago and even after a little nap .. foolish not to!... it still looks great! BTW, I applied Bobbi Braown's Vitamin Enriched Face Base first and then blotted but not sure you are supposed to use anything but a primer under this makeup.... perhaps that is why my skin does not feel dry at all as other reviewers have mentioned.

Yes the whole process is a bit messy and not very convenient when you have to carry around so many pots and brushes but I would definitely say the results are worth it and as even a first timer completed the process in under 10 mins I guess with practice you could complete it even faster and less mess... let's see how I do tomorrow.

Conclusion : A definite must buy for those with less than perfect skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2011 9:07:00 AM More reviews by vitamins

Just bought this little baby and I've gotta say, I'm already impressed. I have red patches, blemished and dark circles, basically I'm CURSED. This is evening me out really well. When the foundation is used in tandem with the warmth and mineral veil (they both come in the starter kit, which I just bought) I look fresh and glowy. I have the original formulation and oil control is pretty good, I suffer from an oil slick of a t-zone when it's hot outside and this foundation is keeping it right under control. The brushes that came with the kit could benefit from being a little softer, but I wouldn't call them scratchy. The concealer brush is hands down the best thing in there brush-wise, just the right firmness and size. All in all, it's working out great! I'll update this in a week or so to let you know how I get on.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2011 10:43:00 PM More reviews by dcausey

This is my summer foundation. I live in the deep South, and liquid foundation gets all over my cell phone...it's just gross. This and my kabuki brush (I have fairly light) has worked for me. I did go to a Bare Escentuals store - not to Ulta etc... and got a really good match to my skin tone. I had this product before in the starter kit but the color was too light for my skin tone and it didn't look good. I spray Urban Decay All nighter setting spray over this instead of powder and I'm good to go. I just wish bareMinerals didn't make such a mess when I apply it -- but I guess there is really no way around that part of it. Pressed powder would just not work for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/31/2011 2:31:00 PM More reviews by ChanelCoco4412

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

So I bought the starter pack, after a sales assistant gave me a make-over with the products and I fell in love with the effect.
The main thing with this product and the whole kit in general, is that, if done properly and given plenty of TIME to the task, the effect is stunning, really natural and luminous and just beautiful skin. HOWEVER, realistically I can't dedicate so much time every day to achieve this look, and if done hurriedly it looks pretty rubbish. Also if you have dry skin, it accentuates it and even after you moisturise the dry area, this foundation will make it look flaky.
I would reccommend this product to people with already good skin because it will take you less time to achieve a gorgeous look. For the rest, unless you have time to dedicate, this product is not really for you.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2011 10:09:00 AM More reviews by DietSprite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I could not achieve moderate coverage with this product as the manufacturer promised. I also didn't like the feel of wearing powder. But seriously though, Holy Mess! Blending two powders and swirling and stuff to achieve the perfect shade is just not a realistic task for me to accomplish in the morning. This product would be perfect for someone who has almost perfect skin and just wants to even it out a bit, but otherwise it's quite difficult to achieve adequate coverage. This wouldn't have garnished the product such a low rating if the manufacturer didn't adamantly promise that heavy coverage could be achieved.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2011 6:29:00 AM More reviews by goldair

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this powder! Have used it for a few years now. I can pile it on and still look natural, whereas if I did that with any other foundation I'd look horrendous. I do, however, have to have a liquid foundation first underneath it, otherwise I find it takes too long to build up and doesn't give the coverage I want. I also love the shade as it adds warmth to my face, I don't know how but it's some kind of miracle worker.

Packaging is a bit annoying as it can spill so easily, and that whole method doesn't even work for me, so i have to do it my own special way! Which everyone else probably does aswell... but sshhh :)

To sum this foundation up - love love love love love.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/23/2011 12:43:00 AM More reviews by MelGow87

I have acne prone skin and after researching a lot of different minerals I decided to give this a shot. I ordered the starter kit from ebay (a lot cheaper!). I normally use Physicians Formula, but thought about getting something with a little more coverage. BM does provide more coverage HOWEVER if you tend to have oily skin do not buy this product, I started breaking out almost immediately and the oil on my skin was horrendous. I think this would work well for people with normal skin, just not oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2011 8:32:00 PM More reviews by PrettyHandsomeAwkward

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this foundation for years now an I can't imagine using any other foundation. It just looks so natural but at the same time it covers everything! It is also very easy to apply! Just perfect! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2011 7:36:00 PM More reviews by afish12513

The powder consistency is not good for oily or dry skin. For dry skin it accentuates flakes and for oily skin it just sits on top of the skin. It does help even out my skin tone a bit. The color is just right I think too. I think I would like to try a liquid foundation after this. It has not helped my skin improve like some claim it does. Not at all. If your skin is not dry or oily AT ALL and just needs the tiniest evening out this might work for you.