October 25, 2014 | 1447 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - NARS - Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2013 12:29:00 PM More reviews by DesignerMel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am really liking this product. I have very dry, dehydrated skin, that can be sensitive and can get very flaky in winter. I take very good care of my skin due to this. I use serum and moisturizer under this TM, but no need for primer. I love that, as it saves me a step on my early workday mornings! I use my fingers and apply a small amount in sections (forehead, cheeks, chin, nose), and gently rub it in in circular motions. Less is more, and it layers beautifully where I want more coverage. It's quick and easy to apply - really fool-proof. The scent is soft (citrus) and fades very quickly. I was leery of the fragrance, as that is the number one cause of irritation and breakouts for me. But I have been using this almost daily for 3 months now with no issues. The finish is satin - not dewy or shiny, almost matte, but with a soft 'glow' (no pearlescence or sparkles - it's very subtle). I love that it tones down redness, blurs freckles and imperfections, and yet looks very natural and almost like I'm not wearing makeup. I always check it in my magnifying mirror at a window, and it looks very natural, yet like perfected skin, to me. My skin feels soft and natural while wearing it. I have light, neutral skin (NW/NC 25) and Groenland is perfect for me. I use IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye concealer, Hourglass Ambient Light Finishing Powder and finish with a mist of MAC Fix+ or Caudalie Beauty Elixir spray, and my makeup looks great from 6am until I wash my face at 10-11pm.
I have only used this in fall and winter, so I don't know how it will hold up during our hot and very humid summers. I will try it next summer and update this review then (loved Clarins BB cream last summer, but the colour is too dark for my winter skintone). That is the only reason for 4/5, as I don't give 5 unless it's a year-round winner :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2013 1:18:00 AM More reviews by annariav

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a St.Moritz (Also an Nc42) and this jammy favorite thing to wear on my skin all year long. I mix in a bronzing veil when I am more Tan but otherwise this works well.
I work with it using a stipling brush and I like the light coverage. You can build up to medium but I do like real skin showing through, just nicer.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2013 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Sugarsweets

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I first got this last summer in the shade Alaska. I remember wearing it practically every day and would always look in the mirror and think, "Wow, my skin looks like it's glowing today," or, "My skin looks so radiant and healthy."
I stopped using it once summer was over and once my tan had faded. I remember trying it again and the colour didn't match me anymore so I put it away.
Now, a year later, I remembered how much I loved the way this made my skin look so I went and purchased this in the shade Finland which is lighter and matches perfectly. I have OILY and sensitive skin, so you'd think a tinted moisturizer wouldn't really work for me because I wouldn't really need excess moisturize on my face. But for some reason, this tinted moisturizer makes my oily skin look GOOD. I know, crazy. But it seems to brighten my face and make the oils look more dewy rather than oily, and glowy rather than greasy. I also have fairly red skin, and this covers it amazingly.
It also lasts a very long time on my skin, and boy does it make my face look like one of an angel.
I do set my t-zone with powder and use a mattifying base with this, but it still gives a nice healthy glow and looks amazing.
I now no longer worry about my skin looking oily and gross, because with this stuff, my skin just glows.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2013 8:24:00 AM More reviews by ShockProof

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've always been a foundation girl. I have good skin and don't need full coverage, but I love the way a good foundation hides my surface redness and freckles and just makes my skin look flawless. I decided to give the NARS Pure Radiant tinted moisturizer a try after seeing it recommended often on the boards. I have light, neutral toned skin (MUFE F&B 20, CS Whipped 200 Sand Beige, UD Naked Skin 2.0) and a lot of the shades looked VERY yellow, but after doing some research I decided to order Groenland without seeing it in person. It looks a bit more yellow than neutral coming out of the tube, but once I blended it out it was absolutely perfect. It certainly won't hide a blemish but it does a really nice job of evening out my skintone and giving me a dewy healthy look. I find some tinted moisturizers to look greasy on the skin, but this one is just glowy in a good way. On my normal skin it has good lasting power as well. I'd never give up my foundations but I'm really happy to have this in my rotation as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by Sierbear

It was a decent tinted moisturizer, but it's not worth the price. There are better ones out there for cheaper. The coverage was pretty good as far as evening out skin tone, but for blemishes you would need to cover with concealer. There is a fragrance and while the scent fades quickly I believe it is what caused breakouts on my usually mostly blemish free skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 2:27:00 PM More reviews by shuppet88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Why have I not written a review for this yet?! I've had it for over a year now, and because I have a lot of other foundations/base products in my routine, I still have quite a bit left (don't use it everyday). I used it today and it gives perfect light-medium coverage with just two little blobs of product. It doesn't quite do much for my undereye circles, and one time I accidentally put too close to my eyes, and they burned. So if you're sensitive to sunscreen near your eyes, don't even bother putting under. I just used a separate concealer for that. I like that it has a decent SPF of 30, and actually covers, unlike most TMs. For a decent coverage to get you out of the door, slap this on and spot conceal.

They have a rather decent shade range, and they've even added a few lighter shades to better match more people. I'm St. Moritz, and it's pretty much a perfect match. It just blends right in and looks like my skin but much better. I'm around NC40/42, Stromboli/Barcelona, tan olive skin. I like to apply it with my fingers. I feel like using a brush would kind of waste it and soak it up, so I just dot it on and pat it in with my fingertips. I'm also pleasantly surprised by how long it lasts on my combo skin. I'd say it does a full school day, of about eight hours or so. Only a bit of minor fading most likely occurs around the nose, but I think that's a common spot for fading since I usually rub my nose out of habit.

Overall I'd definitely say get a sample and try it out if you're looking to try a higher end TM with more coverage than you've probably seen from TMs. You also get 1.7 oz instead of just 1 so at least it seems like a good deal xD I used to use it a lot when I first got it last year, and I did remember seeing a minor improvement in the condition of my skin as far as the skin care benefits go. It seemed more supple and a bit clearer. I think I'm going to bust it out much more often and see if I can finish it up this winter. When I'm running super late I just use this and skip my moisturizer, and it's actually rather moisturizing enough. I quite love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 6:24:00 PM More reviews by takenu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm so happy I found this! I have really yellow undertones and medium/olive skin. I asked on the Makeup Board for recommendations and this one of the products that was suggested. My shade is 'st. moritz'. It is a perfect match. I tried the shade one lighter than this (can't remember which) and that actually looked pretty good on me too, so i think that something about these shades make them work with wider range of skin tones than usual. The scent is citrusy but it wear off very quickly. I like how it smells but if a scent bothers you then it goes away so you don't have to worry about that. I just use a very small amount on my face (probably pea sized amount). It really evens out my skin and just gives me an overall glow. I would say this gives a light amount of coverage. It doesn't cover my acne scars but reduces how noticeable they are so they're not all in your face. I just look way better than i wear this! I believe I paid $42 for 1.7 oz, which is pretty pricey but I know it will last me a long time and it's so hard for me to find a shade with enough yellow in it. If you have strong yellow undertones, I strongly recommend that you at least go out to sample it. If you want more coverage, they make a sheer glow foundation, which i also purchased for when i want my skin to look more flawless. I would definitely purchase this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2013 10:15:00 PM More reviews by betagal

Until NARS introduced the Groenland color, I couldn't find a decent match that wasn't too light. Even Groenland is a bit too yellow, so, after using it all over my face, I use a little Terre Nueve along my jaw line to make sure there is no line of demarcation. I am very pleased with the coverage which is much more than I was expecting. No breakouts and no oily breakthrough during the day. For me, this is a keeper.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2013 8:49:00 AM More reviews by Makeupkitty83

This is a mixed review: of terre neuve, the lightest shade of all. id classify it as a pink neutral,and much less yellow than the next two shades. I love the feel of this product due in part to the silica base. Silica in itself doesn't cause break outs, it's more how you use it. You can't touch your face while you're wearing it (avoid transplanting possible pore blocking particles) and you must not wear a heavy moisturiser underneath as I think silica can react with some moisturisers. And of course make sure your skin is absolutely clean when you apply. Pluses - beautiful colour, pale, illuminated, radiant, glowing like you've just had the best shag of your life followed by the deepest, most refreshing sleep of your life time. If you have truly pale skin it will match. Texture is ultra light but a very good coverage if you match the colour right. Cons: insanely expensive in Australia at $75-77 per bottle. While a great product it's completely over-priced for a tinted moisturiser. You still need to wear sunscreen under as I'm not convinced bb/tinted creams give adequate SPF protection. Found that it doesn't work well with under eye concealers like merinesse icon concealer or benefit concealer erase paste that both have illuminators in them. Like most silica products can clog around eye wrinkles if applied with above type concealers. Worked well though with matte concealers like it cosmetics bye bye under eye or Maybeline super stay 24 hour concealor. Also found there tends to be some mascara rub off under eye... Due to smooth sticky texture of silica based products

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2013 8:46:00 PM More reviews by CatrionaShadowleaf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Somewhat unsurprisingly, what works in Arizona does not work in Seattle.

I bought this product after having extraordinary results with my Aztec clay mask regiment in making my naturally ruddy skin ease up quite a bit. The yellow tones helped to neutralise the remaining redness and it was far lighter in feel than my (still beloved) Hourglass Immaculate. It didn't transfer noticeably and I like the light citrus scent it has when applying, which does not linger. I did break out a little bit on my chin after wearing it a couple times, but I couldn't pinpoint it down to this exact product. Regardless, when still living in dry, hot temperatures, it felt more wearable for everyday than foundation.

Until I moved back to Seattle. An hour after applying I felt greasy and sticky and it faded off my nose fairly quickly. I broke out more this time and it was sadly because of the TM. (I waited more than a week to try face makeup as I had cut my cheek while moving, so it wasn't just the weather change.) So while I did enjoy my short foray into tinted moisturiser, regrettably for my wallet, it was not meant to be, and I will not repurchase.