November 29, 2014 | 1016 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - NARS - Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 12:38:00 PM More reviews by FrancesVW

My favourite "foundation" to wear in the winter for daytime, ex. work, is the Nars tinted moisturizer. It is lightweight, oil free, sheer to buildable medium coverage that evens out my skintone (you will need a concealer on top of this for major imperfections), and keeps my oily skin under control - which is HUGE for me. It also smells amazing, with an orange/citrus scent which helps me to wake up in the mornings! It is meant to also help reduce the appearance of discoloration and dark spots for a clearer and brighter complexion over time.

I do notice that yes, it evens out my skintone, it even blurs and minimizes the appearance of pores on my nose (HUGE X 2). Also a little goes a long way, which is great because it is a bit pricey ($49). I use a pea sized amount and buff it all over my face with a brush.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

This is a nice tinted moisturizer, but not something I would purchase. I received this from Sephora as a sample and have used it several times. I don't feel it does anything special for me personally to spend $42. I guess I am pretty picky with high end makeup, etc. I just feel like if I am spending this much money I should expect to get more out of it.

I didn't notice any radiance either and it did feel greasy and heavier on my face. It stayed tacky and I couldn't wait to get it off. Hope this helps.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2013 2:06:00 PM More reviews by MsDime

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is perfect! (With the exception of not having Zinc Oxide which covers ALL UV sun bands, UVA and UVB) It sinks into your skin as it it IS your skin. It's light. Easy to move around like a lotion, you don't have to pull and tug at it and add aging to your skin to move it around. Also it actually does moisturize as most so called tinted moisturizers do no. And moisture is very important to anti aging because wrinkles once you get them never go away, you can only make them look better.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2013 1:38:00 PM More reviews by xsydneyrose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First of all, my skin becomes very dry in the winter.This tinted moisturizer however, saves my skin. When you put it on, it literally feels like silk. I blend it in using a beauty blender which also helps a lot instead of using a brush. I bought this stuff TWICE. I think I'll have to go run out to sephora again soon because I'm almost out! Another thing i forgot to mention, is you should probably use a primer before using this so it can last all day. I've always been looking for somewhat of a medium coverage that covers up the redness and zits on my skin and this is the winner! It feels like my little tiny bumps of acne on my forehead don't even exist anymore. Not to mention, this TM is also VERY good for acne and it smells GREAT!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2013 2:03:00 PM More reviews by hannahpatricia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is fantastic, it is a tinted moisturizer but it acts as a light foundation. It reminds me of a CC cream, it covers uneven skin tone and it makes your skin look radiant and natural. I have dry skin and I moisturize before I use this and that seems to sort my skin out! I use Terre Nueve which is the lightest shade they do and one of the new ones they brought out, and it is almost perfect for my fair cool toned skin, it is more pink based shade than yellow which is hard to find these days! It is good for neutral tones as well I think. I do have to mix a little bit with something lighter still but it's pretty close and it matches me in the summer at least. I am too fair for NC15 or NW15 in Mac and I'd say it was one to two shades lighter than them, I think if you are milk bottle fair this might not be right but it's good for the fair skinned people who are turned orange by Mac's lightest offerings. If this is slightly too dark for you but you want a similar finish then try Max Factor CC Cream in Fair, this is even lighter!

The only place this product doesn't stay on is my nose for some reason, but I just mix in concealer for that. I find this product actually has improved the condition of my natural skin.

It makes your skin look dewy and lovely!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2013 12:29:00 PM More reviews by DesignerMel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am really liking this product. I have very dry, dehydrated skin, that can be sensitive and can get very flaky in winter. I take very good care of my skin due to this. I use serum and moisturizer under this TM, but no need for primer. I love that, as it saves me a step on my early workday mornings! I use my fingers and apply a small amount in sections (forehead, cheeks, chin, nose), and gently rub it in in circular motions. Less is more, and it layers beautifully where I want more coverage. It's quick and easy to apply - really fool-proof. The scent is soft (citrus) and fades very quickly. I was leery of the fragrance, as that is the number one cause of irritation and breakouts for me. But I have been using this almost daily for 3 months now with no issues. The finish is satin - not dewy or shiny, almost matte, but with a soft 'glow' (no pearlescence or sparkles - it's very subtle). I love that it tones down redness, blurs freckles and imperfections, and yet looks very natural and almost like I'm not wearing makeup. I always check it in my magnifying mirror at a window, and it looks very natural, yet like perfected skin, to me. My skin feels soft and natural while wearing it. I have light, neutral skin (NW/NC 25) and Groenland is perfect for me. I use IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye concealer, Hourglass Ambient Light Finishing Powder and finish with a mist of MAC Fix+ or Caudalie Beauty Elixir spray, and my makeup looks great from 6am until I wash my face at 10-11pm.
I have only used this in fall and winter, so I don't know how it will hold up during our hot and very humid summers. I will try it next summer and update this review then (loved Clarins BB cream last summer, but the colour is too dark for my winter skintone). That is the only reason for 4/5, as I don't give 5 unless it's a year-round winner :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2013 1:18:00 AM More reviews by annariav

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm a St.Moritz (Also an Nc42) and this jammy favorite thing to wear on my skin all year long. I mix in a bronzing veil when I am more Tan but otherwise this works well.
I work with it using a stipling brush and I like the light coverage. You can build up to medium but I do like real skin showing through, just nicer.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2013 6:41:00 PM More reviews by Sugarsweets

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I first got this last summer in the shade Alaska. I remember wearing it practically every day and would always look in the mirror and think, "Wow, my skin looks like it's glowing today," or, "My skin looks so radiant and healthy."
I stopped using it once summer was over and once my tan had faded. I remember trying it again and the colour didn't match me anymore so I put it away.
Now, a year later, I remembered how much I loved the way this made my skin look so I went and purchased this in the shade Finland which is lighter and matches perfectly. I have OILY and sensitive skin, so you'd think a tinted moisturizer wouldn't really work for me because I wouldn't really need excess moisturize on my face. But for some reason, this tinted moisturizer makes my oily skin look GOOD. I know, crazy. But it seems to brighten my face and make the oils look more dewy rather than oily, and glowy rather than greasy. I also have fairly red skin, and this covers it amazingly.
It also lasts a very long time on my skin, and boy does it make my face look like one of an angel.
I do set my t-zone with powder and use a mattifying base with this, but it still gives a nice healthy glow and looks amazing.
I now no longer worry about my skin looking oily and gross, because with this stuff, my skin just glows.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2013 8:24:00 AM More reviews by ShockProof

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've always been a foundation girl. I have good skin and don't need full coverage, but I love the way a good foundation hides my surface redness and freckles and just makes my skin look flawless. I decided to give the NARS Pure Radiant tinted moisturizer a try after seeing it recommended often on the boards. I have light, neutral toned skin (MUFE F&B 20, CS Whipped 200 Sand Beige, UD Naked Skin 2.0) and a lot of the shades looked VERY yellow, but after doing some research I decided to order Groenland without seeing it in person. It looks a bit more yellow than neutral coming out of the tube, but once I blended it out it was absolutely perfect. It certainly won't hide a blemish but it does a really nice job of evening out my skintone and giving me a dewy healthy look. I find some tinted moisturizers to look greasy on the skin, but this one is just glowy in a good way. On my normal skin it has good lasting power as well. I'd never give up my foundations but I'm really happy to have this in my rotation as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by Sierbear

It was a decent tinted moisturizer, but it's not worth the price. There are better ones out there for cheaper. The coverage was pretty good as far as evening out skin tone, but for blemishes you would need to cover with concealer. There is a fragrance and while the scent fades quickly I believe it is what caused breakouts on my usually mostly blemish free skin.