April 23, 2014 | 1869 users online

Lips - Revlon - ColorBurst Lip Butter in Peach Parfait

rated 3 of 5 on 11/16/2012 4:10:00 PM More reviews by dee0219

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I like the feel of this lip butter -- it is not heavy like a lipstick, and glides on smoothly. However, my lips are already about the color of this particular lip butter, so I end up with a "my lips but better" look that is sparkly. Keep in mind that this is more of a berry shade than a peach shade -- so if you saw the ad thinking that your lips will come out peachy/coral colored like the model's -- that is not what is going to happen.

If I put a tiny bit of concealer on my lips, and then top it with this lip butter, I end up with a really nice looking pale pink, so it kind of does double duty for me.

I may buy this again...but on my already pigmented lips, I am really craving something that will stick out instead of creating the look of my lips just glossy!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by lilinah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I heard all the hype about Revlon Lip Butters, and i try not to fall for hype. But there was a sale at CVS, so i caved and got a few. Peach Parfait (025) was one of them
First, it has shimmer. It does not seem overboard to me. I've picked up a few cheap products with cheap glitter excess and i know what people worry about. This was not one of those horror shows. I don't mind shimmer, so it doesn't bother me - i just make sure i do not have shimmer in all the cosmetics i'm wearing - frosty lips mean matte and satin finish products on the face. But if you don't like shimmer or frosted lipsticks, you may well not like this one.
Second, it is not a pure peach or coral color. My personal description is: medium-light taupe peach. In other words, it is a muted not an intense color. This makes it more wearable than a bright peach, or coral, or orange for me.
Finally Lip Butters are NOT tinted lip balms. Nearly all of them have plenty of color. The stick is a bit soft, so don't dial it all the way up - just a tiny tad past the top of the tube should be sufficient - it's how i use all my lipsticks. It has a soothing feel going on, but it is not an all-day moisturizer. Like most lipsticks it will need to be reapplied. And because it is so soft it will wear off more quickly than some lipsticks.
This doesn't bother me at all. I've never understood the lip balm obsession - most feel unpleasant to me. I prefer a lipstick, and this one is more moisturizing than many.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2012 9:10:00 PM More reviews by baby_grazi_x05

Love the color itself, HATE the glitter!! I wish they had this exact color, but without the glitter. Mine also got way too soft and broke off at the bottom. I LOVE the cream shades, but this one was a flop.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2012 8:43:00 PM More reviews by xkillerxcrushx

I like some of the other lip butters I've tried but i REALLY don't like this one. It looks like a nice natural peachy colour in the tube, but when applied there is so much glitter that the colour is lost. It ends up looking grey. The texture isn't nearly as nice as the other colours I own. It's gritty and clumpy. So disappointing since it looked so nice in the tube and in swatches I've seen. I much prefer Tutti Frutti which is a creamy peach/coral with no glitter.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by Naikoto

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

lighter than nc15, asian
I had seen tons of swatches of this lip butter, and it looked like a nice peachy color. First of all these are not cheap, and you hardly get any product. Secondly, there are these glittery shimmery bits in it that look cheap. The color is this muted, rusty peachy color. I do not find it flattering on me, and makes my lips look like a dirty browny color, and I do not have very pigmented lips. i know a lot of people love this lipstick, but it was not my cup of tea.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2012 6:17:00 PM More reviews by RedHairAndNeonSpirit

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was dying to get this product since everyone was saying how soft a smooth it was. When i finally got it, I found that it really wasn't that buttery like it says. It's almost as if the sparkles make the whole product coarser. There is a ridiculous amount of glitter in this, and the formula is a bit drying if you don't reapply, but that is to be expected. i do like the color though, that's about it. The packaging is okay, the lid is very cute. I wouldn't buy this again, but it is more of a lipstick anyway.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2012 5:42:00 PM More reviews by veesunshine

I have always hated lipsticks. I have fairly big lips so I feel like lipstick would just be too much. Basically I live on lip balms. I decided to give this a try because a Youtuber has been raving about them

Good: Love the color! It's like my lips but more pronounced. Quite natural. Tube is cute. Very hydrating!
Bad: There is wayy too much shimmer/glitter in this one. The base peachy color is beautiful but too much golden speckles. At first, it doesn't really show, it just looks like it's glossy. However, as the lipstick wears off, the glitter still stays on my lips. Looks weird... Also, doesn't last quite long but it's not a deal breaker for me.

I might buy this again but also try another color to see which one is the best!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2012 7:07:00 AM More reviews by mikxoh

Love this guy! I actually had really low expectations for this shade in particular. On my lips it gives me this lovely sheen with a light hint of coral/peach but still a very neutral warm color against my skin complexion. I didn't want anything bright like tutti fruitti [whatever the orange shade is]. It's moisturizing and stayed well on my lips for a good 3-4 hours before fading.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2012 1:17:00 AM More reviews by sofaloaf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

HG status! After finishing my favorite lipstick of all time (a discontinued lancome bonus gift that was a soft pink rose with a bit of glitter), I was on the hunt for the last 2 years trying to find a replacement...which lead to a huge drawer of lip products that I thought would come close to the lipstick...Until I found this!
Keep in mind that just by looking at the product is NOT the best way to determine if you like it or not...It's different on the lip. The color is a beautiful, soft, warm rose, rather than the "peach" parfait in the color name. Yes, there is glitter, but on the lip it adds another dimension and its only noticeable in a good way. It's intimidating in the tube, but it's perfect on. The color is medium sheer, think somewhere between tinted lip balm and lipstick...It is very buildable.
The packaging is pretty and goodlooking in your purse or bag, and the lid won't fall off.
I took off one lippie because of the "lip butter part". It is moisturizing, but I do have lip balms that leave my lips softer than this. There is room for improvement, but it's pretty close to perfect...
My advice for getting it to work the absolute best for you is to exfoliate your lips (helloooo sugar scrub!), and put on a quick swipe of chapstick before applying it in order for it to look and feel smooth.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Karowin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Not a very unique color, but I like it and plan to use it all. It applies smooth and puts a nice pink-peach tint with tiny gold sparkles on my lips. I would say it compliments a warm skin tone best. While it is somewhat sticky, I'm also not used to wearing glossy lipsticks/glosses, it has a nice natural glow.