October 1, 2014 | 926 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Revlon - PhotoReady Perfecting Primer (color 001)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2013 10:15:00 AM More reviews by KatarinaBallerina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product because I was looking for a foundation light enough to use on my skin, which Revlon PhotoReady Mousse Foundation in Vanilla was so I thought I may as well buy the primer, too. Although I haven’t broken out or had any other nasty side effects, this isn’t the best product I’ve used. It is very drying so I need to use a good moisturiser underneath to stop it caking on my face and definitely need to exfoliate thoroughly before using it as any dead skin on my face is even more noticeable after using it. Also it has the tendency to settle into pores and so accentuate them even more.
It wasn’t all bad though, I now only use it on my t-zone to control shine, which it does do quite well, but I have also noticed it lightens the colour of my foundation and I have to use a slightly darker shade of foundation on my nose. Also, because the Revlon PhotoReady Liquid Foundation in Vanilla is too dark for my skin—somehow the liquid foundation ends up darker than the mousse, not sure why—this primer makes it slightly lighter on my face. So too negatives turn into a plus!
I’ve used this with the Revlon photo ready liquid foundation and mousse. From my experience, it seems to work better with the mousse.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by karebeaarr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product does not do much for your face or make up. The quality is really not all that great either for the price that it was sold for. I haven't been a big fan of revlon so I wasn't too surprised that this product was a big disappointment. I bought this product because I was looking for a cheaper alternative for my Laura mericier, so I decided to give this a try. It does make your face smooth and makes it easier to apply your make up, but my makeup definitely does not stay on longer, nor does it reduce my oiliness, in fact this product may have actually increased the oiliness of my face. The pump is really inefficient; there is always dried product right at the tip. I would not buy this product again as it did nothing for my face.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2013 4:51:00 PM More reviews by JustDee

I just got this no less than a month ago. I usually use MAC primer but just trying to save just a bit of cash, must say i liked it at first made my face look smooth prior to foundation. But it now makes me oily and a few break out. Gotta say its a toss up as to buying it again...

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2013 6:36:00 PM More reviews by Cath12

Way too slippery for me;Make up slid off my face. Did nothing to control oil or shine . Glad I got it for free..will go back to Shine Stopper by Paula's Choice

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2013 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Emitesoro

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Although the product is quite good and does give a lovely glow to my skin, I find the packaging abysmal. I have had to throw out every single bottle I have bought (around 5) with approximately a third of the product unused because the pump no longer works. I have complained to the cosmetics departments where I bought the product : some replaced it and some simply sympathized saying it was a regular complaint. Complaints to Revlon resulted in dismissive denials. I find this totally unacceptable and have switched to Estee Lauder's Illuminating Perfecting Primer which is wonderful and incomparably better.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2013 3:26:00 AM More reviews by cnaska

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Love this primer! The texture is great and gives a nicer finish and lasting power to my foundation/concealer. Doesnt break me out at all. I picked it up on sale for a great price but I think it's worth its regular price if someone is looking for a primer that isn't too expensive. Packaging is nice, but the pump tends to have hardened bits and the cap falls off all the time in my makeup bag but other than that the pump design is convenient.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by LoveMakeup4Ever

I love this primer and I give 5 lippies for price, packaging and overall rating. This made my oily t-zone matte. For days that I don't even wear makeup I still apply this cause it takes away shine and oil

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by LaSushay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first primer I've used and I have to say I love it! For the price it works and very well at that. I used to experience patching and oiliness after a couple hours of wearing foundation but this definitely helped and improved the condition of my skin. I noticed my pores were less clogged and the overall complexion of my skin was much better than before I started using a primer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2013 8:56:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This primer isn't the best I've used and it isn't the worst. I've got to say, it's pretty damn average. I definitely don't get any kind of extraordinary results when I use it. I do like the fact that it mattifies my skin, but I don't feel like it really makes my skin "smooth" enough for foundation. I also haven't noticed my foundation lasting any longer when I use it. This primer is better then using nothing, but I prefer my Benefit's Porefessional or my Hard Candy's Sheer Envy Primer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2013 10:41:00 PM More reviews by wendycoco

LOVE this primer! Finally a primer I can use! I have normal skin that has a slight tendency to get a little oily. My skin hates moisturizers and primers so I pretty much gave up. Before this the only ones that kinda worked for me was the Rimmel ones. This definitely smoothed my face and softened it. However if by no means made my pores look smaller but my pores don't really bug me anyway. What this also did was made my skin look illuminated but still matte if that makes sense. I use cover girl stay fabulous foundation so I normally don't need to blot during day. I was concerned the primer may make me oily which it did not. So happy with it. Primer looses .5 of a lipstick for the not making pores disappear like its suppose to and .5 of a lipstick cause it's far to pricey for a drugstore brand ($18.95 at shoppers drug mart).
If you have oily skin this may work well for you. But for really oily girls I highly highly recommend using milk of magnesia as a primer it will change your life :).