October 21, 2014 | 1820 users online

BB Cream - Smashbox - Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2013 7:47:00 PM More reviews by Luv4mkup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just finished a tube of Smashbox camera ready bb cream in LiGHT. I was pleased with it but decided to try something different because that's just how I am. I have returned Clinique moisture surge cc cream and now am returning the Peter Thomas Roth Cc cream. Both were way too dewy for my skin. Dewy and visible pores are not a good combo. I have gained a new appreciation for Smashbox and realize that it really does prime, perfect, protect, hydrate, and control oil! I wear it alone no other foundation required.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2013 6:27:00 PM More reviews by Toofacedaddict

So i went to ulta today to pick up a full size version of the porefessional as i had some extra cash but i needed to budget myself:( so i ended up getting a mini set with the porefessional and that gal for $12 and bought this bb cream. as it is an investment for sure. $39. but with tax you are looking at $40 bb cream. so for a bb cream this sounds CRAZY but its not that bad considering you get 1 fluid ounce. just one dab on the back of my hand and i am set. i just add some concealer on little spots that need extra coverage and BAH BAM! all set for the day:) love this but not too sure if i would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 3:26:00 PM More reviews by CordeliaM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am very new to BB creams and make up in general, but I got samples from Sephora for Dior, Smashbox, Too faced and Stila and I have to say I am most impress with Smashbox. I picked Medium as my colour and it's definitely not too yellow or too pink, as it is often the case. In Montreal, we just went through a heatwave (extreme heat+extreme humidity) and my face remained relatively 'fresh'. It is thicker but less oily than both Dior and Stila. I highly recommend it!
Yes, it's a bit costly- but it works!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2013 2:22:00 PM More reviews by lj9401

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am super pale, and it is incredibly difficult for me to find foundations/BB creams that don't make me look orange. I walked into Sephora and asked the sales girl to show me the lightest BB cream in the store. At first, she swatched some Clinique options on my wrist, but those were way too orange-y. Then she showed me this BB cream in the shade Fair. It was perfect! It's slightly darker than my skin tone, but if I blend it out well onto my neck, it gives me a nice natural looking glow that's perfect for summer. It gives my skin a nice dewy finish without making me look like a grease ball. My skin actually shows through, and I don't look like a white sheet. I typically just put some translucent powder on my T-zone and this BB cream will last me all day! It's a bit pricey, but it offers good coverage and I only need to use about a half-dime size worth to cover my entire face. I will definitely be repurchasing this, probably forever.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by Zandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great BB cream for the summertime. The Smashbox Photo Finish primer is way to greasy for me for the summer months so this product is a great alternative. I like to keep my makeup very light in the summer and this BB cream delivers some SPF and a nice matte finish. No shiny T-Zone! It's a BB cream so it is less coverage than a tinted moisturizer - but it preps my skin for under-eye concealor, a light dusting of bronzer and blush. Actually, my make up lasts a long time with this BB cream! The only beef I have is the price ($50 for a small tube).

Well done, Smashbox!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2013 9:55:00 PM More reviews by ycust

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Based on my research, this was a most recommended BB cream for oily skin, so I bought Medium color. I'm between NC35 and NC37 and it looked medium was perfect match. In fact, this medium was darker than other's medium; however, once I spreaded it on my face, OMG I looked like a ghost or zombie. I had to use bronzer as face powder to match my skin tone. I know now that I need to mix Dark with Medium during the summer.

Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream had thick texture and matte coverage than I expected, but it was not sticky. It lasted for a long time controlling oily T zone as advertise said. My face didn't get shiny all night and I got a picture to prove it, so it worked to serve my purpose.

I will continue to use it when I go somewhere, but I'm glad that I bought it in a small travel size. Would I buy again? I don't know...since I'm new to BB/CC cream, I think I will try one from Korea or Japan before I decide; however, I would never spend $40-50 for any BB creams.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/11/2013 5:17:00 PM More reviews by Lilil95

This is an okay bb cream but it does not give much coverage and it attaches heavily to any dry patches on the skin so it accentuate imperfections. That is not a good look.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by marthamihm

Impressive coverage, good array of shades and does absorb oil. I did love this product until I stopped using it for a few weeks and my acne cleared. I thought my troublesome skin was due to a new birth control method. My derm told me not to use products with dimethicone (a form of silicone) in the top 3 ingredients because it can be very aggravating for acne prone skin. Dimethicone is the second ingredient in this. This product is probably wonderful for people not prone to acne but it you are, steering clear of high concentrations of silicone in products may help you avoid breakouts.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2013 5:19:00 PM More reviews by LoryM

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After reading the positive reviews, I just had to buy it! Unfortunately, this product isn't for me. I have very oily skin, and this BB cream does nothing to control my oil. The other thing that I don't like is it has virtually no coverage, and just makes my skin look shiny. Garnier's Skin Renew BB Cream for oily skin is a much better fit for me... a much cheaper!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2013 2:23:00 PM More reviews by LifeOnCloud8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I'll be the first to admit that I was hesitant to try another BB Cream, after bad experiences with drugstore formulas and tinted moisturizers, but Smashbox's Camera Ready BB Cream changed my mind!

It took a while to get used to the product and how to apply it. The product is quite thick and does not spread easily; As such, I initially used much more than was necessary, which resulted in it looking a caked on and unnatural - not what you want from a BB cream! However, I eventually learned to use a much smaller amount and apply it in dots on my cheekbones, nose, chin and forehead. From there, I just quickly blend it in before it sets. The result? A wonderfully even and smooth skin-tone without the appearance of wearing makeup! And the finish is perfect for warmer climates! Even in the heat and humidity, my face stays almost perfectly matter throughout the day, with an occasional blotting here and there.

I can't rave enough about this product! For someone who likes a light to medium coverage without looking "made up", this product is perfect... and being able apply my makeup and sun protection all in one step makes it my HG!