July 31, 2014 | 990 users online

BB Cream - Smashbox - Camera Ready BB Cream SPF 35

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 10:31:00 PM More reviews by gtwc

I picked this up at Sephora after reading reviews about it online. I was skeptical about a product that 'does it all' and was actually expecting to break out like I have with other moisturizers and bb creams that were too rich for my skin. THIS WAS AWESOME! I am using the light/medium shade which matches my skin perfectly. It evens the skin but doesn't cover actual acne. I am always on the run (hectic schedule) and dont usually spend too long on my make up (love anything that is no fuss and quick!), I usually slap it on and use a bit of pressed powder just to hold it in place. It is really hot where I live so I was happy that this product was able to hold up in the heat and I didn't have to stress out about being oily or having the product slide off during the day. Did not make me break out at all, seems to control oil better than any other bb cream I have tried. You don't get that 'foundation-y' feel on your face and i think my skin is able to breathe through this. On extremely 'tired' days, i use a little concealer under my eyes but this product pretty much takes care of the rest. The only downside is that it is a little steep for the price and you don't get a lot in the little tube. Beautiful product, would not use anything else.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2013 1:45:00 AM More reviews by judyee

This was my first high end beauty purchase and I did extensive research on the product to ensure that it would truly benefit my skin. I know that the product is a little on the expensive side (and when I mean a little, I mean a lot!). It also has a limited amount of color selection but the color really conforms to your skin. The product absolutely makes your skin glow! I love the coverage, it's medium to full coverage. It makes your skin look flawless and is definitely worth the price. When ever I use this product my skin looks amazing when I take it off. It doesn't make me break out too. Whenever I try a product and it makes me breakout I end up going back to this to cover the the acne up, and whenever I take it off at the end of the day, my skin looks absolutely beautiful and the acne actually begins to clear up! I am surprised that my acne actually clears up a bit when I use the product! Although it says it doesn't clear up acne, it does! I am in love with this product and although it is expensive I recommend this product to anyone and everyone! You may have acne-prone skin, sensitive, dry or oily skin but with this product your skin will took flawless!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2013 9:32:00 AM More reviews by hazelle

This is my daily wear BB cream. It comes in the most shades out of all of the BB creams. Reasonably price and works better on my skintone compare to regular foundation.

Pro:
> price is reasonable (~$40USD or ~$50CAD)
> light coverage; minimize redness, covers freckles and acne scaring; does not cover actual acne

Con:
> low SPF rating
> limited functionality

Also at the end of my first tube, may look around to see if there are any new ones first before re-purchasing this item again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 8:38:00 AM More reviews by sarahleia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this BB cream after being unsatisfied with another. This one gives good coverage for a BB cream and doesn't clog my pores. The color is perfect on my fair and neutral skin tone. I think I had not bought it the first time due to the price but after trying others, it is worth it. I use it often now that it is summer and I am getting some color and don't need my heavy foundation. I find that I still feel that I have the same coverage at the end of the day (under normal circumstances of course). The packaging is perfectly sized and easy to carry in my makeup bag.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by Sylvester

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is exactly what I was looking for. I hate thick, gloppy foundations and so had been using Bare Minerals, but that has a tendency to settle into my pores. This takes the place of Bare Minerals foundation, Mineral Veil and sunscreen, so I save a bit of time in the morning and don't feel as if my face has been spackled. Camera Ready provides a light, even coverage that has a natural finish. Even by the end of the day, it's still there, with no settling and no shine, undetectable by anyone but me. My skin looks natural, just a bit better.

Only two things prevent it from being perfect:1) It isn't very moisturizing. If your skin is normal, not even oily, you'll need a moisturizer, at least on your cheeks. And 2) it's expensive for what you get.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2013 9:07:00 PM More reviews by BlushPlease

This is a sad tale of chalky BB Cream. I have combination/dry skin, and when I applied this product it felt so thick and chalky I could barely spread it all over my face. I have used other foundations and BB Creams in the past that have spread just fine, but I found this one to be extra dry.

When I finally finished applying it and went out and about to do my thing, I noticed these dry chalky patches. I normally love Smashbox (especially the primer!) but for me the BB Cream just didn't work. :(

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2013 6:24:00 AM More reviews by danni222

I've bought the light/medium shade and got a sample of 'Fair' and the 'Fair' shade is so dark more like a medium/dark - what is going on there? Lucky that I had the info about that from TiffanyD on YouTube she pretty much loves the stuff so I thought I would give it a go. I am a warm ivory shade in most foundations and I found that although this looks quite dark in the tube it blends out it blends out fine to a colour match but with the barest minimum of coverage. I know it's a BB cream and not to expect to much in that department but seriously it's not worth the money, as you may have to, like me, build it up or wear under a foundation and that isn't what I wanted. It really is a tinted moisturiser with a slight glow not something that will mask or detract redness so if that is what you are after this is definitely not the 'one.'

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2013 10:58:00 PM More reviews by lilwashy123

I love this BB cream! I have a guy friend that started coming into school with gorgeous looking skin and less red cheeks, and I just had to know what he had been doing. It didn't really look like he was wearing anything and I was dying for him to let me in on the secret. Sure, at $39 it isn't cheap, but if you're willing to spend the money you will get a product that looks natural, smells minimal, evens out skin tone, and is super easy (one and done). My only complaint besides the price is that it can look a bit shiny (especially if you have an oily t-zone) and a setting powder is a quick and easy way to do it.

So my advice: buy it! If a guy can rock this then I am you can too! :*

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2013 1:02:00 PM More reviews by marievm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this BB consistently for over a year now (with a decent amount of product left) and found that it works best during the warmer months. I am very pale and stuck with the Fair shade though it was recommended I go a shade darker should I tan, but my usual shade allows me to use it year-round. It really allows you to reduce the amount of makeup you use - I can usually get away just wearing this and some mascara. It has a smooth, light finish and never looks cakey. However, I tend to get dry skin during the winter, and this BB highlights dry patches. I recommend using a good moisturizer and/or getting rid of flakey areas before applying.

As for staying power, it seems to still be around even after a 30-minute run. Oil control is overall good - I will notice shine in the late afternoon (having applied it around 7 am) so I would say that is excellent.

The product is very expensive, but it lasts over a year, has not caused me any breakouts, and has a good SPF, so the price is justified.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2013 11:22:00 AM More reviews by jennybeansxo

Very Expensive. But I like it. It has medium-full coverage which is really good for a bb cream, the finish is quiet dewy and sticky, but it gets better when it's settled it. It has a very natural finish; if you chose the right shade. Take note that; a little goes a long way with this bb cream. Although, sometimes, it makes my face very oily, :-( but I always have my mac studio fix powder to reduce it. I don't really know if I I'm going to buy this again, considering the price is very expensive for a student like me. And there are a lot of bb creams I love to try.