April 20, 2014 | 995 users online

Shampoo - L'Oreal - EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2012 8:30:00 PM More reviews by jmp24

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to try a cleansing conditioner, but just didn't want to blow so much cash on Wen, and especially not after reading all the negative reviews. So when I saw this at the store, I was thrilled to see the same type of product at an affordable price. However, I don't think it's for me.

My hair is on the fine side, with low volume - I keep it short now because I just got tired of trying to keep it looking thick and full all the time. My hair isn't oily at all, so I typically only wash a few times a week, conditioning in between washes....so I thought that this'd be prefect! Turned out to not be so.

I have used it twice so far, and I have no complaints about how to use it, the scent, how it rinses, or even the pump - but it left my hair flat, over conditioned, and with no body whatsoever. Very blah. I am going to give it one more try, and if I don't get good results, that will be strike 3, and it's getting passed off to my niece.

ETA: I think this works better and does not leave my hair flat and overconditioned if I don't leave it on for up to 2 minutes, as the directions say. Instead, I put it on, massage it through, then rinse immediately and very well. The overconditioning comes from the amount of time it stays on the hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2012 12:55:00 PM More reviews by vfer

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE the fragrance of the EverCreme line. Sadly, all of them made my fine hair dry, brittle and actually stiff at the ends. It turned my hair into straw and it took a few argan oil treatments to get it back to normal.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2012 8:56:00 AM More reviews by mainlinediva2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Blah...this stuff stinks! This is like washing your hair with a really crappy, highly scented conditioner that has no detangling abilities at all. The scent is very powerful, like everyone said, a warm vanilla scent, but that didn't bother me. I've tried WEN before and it broke my scalp out really bad, but I never had an issues detangling afterwards b/c of the cone content. I decided to try this b/c it does not contain as many cones, but there is prob. #1 for me. Less cones = less slip and I have a lot of baby fine, wavy hair that tangles at a drop of a hat. It was a pain staking task to detangle after using this, esp. since I'm used to using B&B super rich cond. which detangles like a dream. I don't see how the other reviewers were even able to get a comb through their hair using this stuff?? This left my hair feeling dried out, knotted and extremely tangly after my shower. I had to use like a 1/4 bottle of my detangle spray just to comb my hair!! Ugh. Mine is up for swap if anyone is interested.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2012 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Dreamer731

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the first cleansing conditioner I have ever tried and I must say I'm impressed. It's thick and creamy just like a traditional conditioner and foams ever so slightly. It really did a great job of cleansing and moisturizing in one step. After using this I added the matching evercreme nourishing leave in spray and blow dried my hair to a glossy smooth perfection! The only thing I don't like about this product is the pump bottle. you have to pump it quite a bit to get enough out. Still another great product from L'oreal.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2012 2:48:00 PM More reviews by jasminefire

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First off, I have long, fine, medium-thick hair with a lot of body, and I color with a high-llft product and then style with a blow dryer and a flat iron. My hair needs a substantial amount of moisturizing, so it responds well to "conditioning cleansers" such as this one and Wen. (I'm thinking that the trick of using one of these cleansers is to follow up with some kind of volumizing styler near the scalp to avoid the flat look.) This is an acceptable, lower-cost substitute for Wen, which I liked very much when I obtained it with a $10 offer that came in the mail. One pump does not equal one pump from the Wen container, so you do end up using quite a bit of it each time, and the bottle is surprisingly small. The vanilla scent is pleasant enough to me, though I miss the tingle of mint in Wen's Almond Mint formula. Might one effectively add a drop pf mint oil to this? And for that matter, could one also MAKE one's own cleansing conditioner with "1/4 shampoo and 3/4 conditioner"? A lab experiment worth trying...

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by melezzza

I have curly, very oily hair, but dry ends. So i shampoo and condition daily. With winter coming My hair has been even more dry so I decided to try this when I saw it on sale. I wanted to try Wen, but thats too expensive. I love this product. it makes my hair soft and a little less frizzy its not a miracle product by any means.My hair gets a little oily by the third day so, I use clarifying shampoo on the third day and follow with this. Dont be discouraged if you have oily hair! This works great if you throw in a regular shampoo every few days!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I was all set to maintain a seven day diary of my use of this shampoo. My quest lasted 1 day. I have a very oily scalp and very dry ends due to ironing every day. My hair is highlighted, which I don't get often (about every 6 months-1 year) but at the most recent visit, the colorist did not put gloss on at the end, just adding to my hair woes. Anyway, I was looking for a "no shampoo" type of shampoo. I tried Wen a couple of years ago and wouldn't recommend that to my worst enemy, so I figured this might be the right idea, and at $5.99, I couldn't go wrong. I used approximately 8 pumps of this, and as others have noted, not much comes out in 1 pump. I first have to comment on the smell. To me, it smelled like a coconut air freshener in a NY taxi. Not a fan, especially since it lingers. It did lather slightly, which was good, and I did not use conditioner, per the directions. I also did not use any hair products so as to see the actual results. Blow out and ironing were successful. My hair wasn't tangled and appeared clean. Four hours later, however, my hair started to look oily. A couple of spritzes of dry shampoo, and problem solved. By the end of the evening, my hair once again looked somewhat dirty, and my scalp started to itch and flake. By the following morning, my hair looked and smelled very oily, and my scalp was sore and itchy. Even after using a soothing shampoo (Aveeno), it still felt unpleasant. So, I can use this to shave my legs, but I won't use it on my hair again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2012 9:23:00 AM More reviews by Caryn1477

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So far so good...I have dry, heat-styled hair that needs a creamy and gentle shampoo, so this seemed good to try. Love the smell. Don't like the pump, doesn't dispense enough. Will definitely be buying again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2012 10:01:00 PM More reviews by glamourdoll

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I saw an ad for this on Allure or Instyle or some other glossy magazine and was intrigued. So I picked this up and thought I would give it a try. I am Asian, with stick-straight, fine, color-treated hair. I confess that I roll out of bed with the hair that, for curly girls, means getting up a hour early for quality time with a straightening iron. I realized that my life would be easier all around if I did not fight the natural texture of my hair. I do color to hide my ever-increasing grey. But my hairstyle, such as it is, simply involves a generous misting of styling spray. I use clips to section my hair and then use a clampy-type brush to pull each section whilst blasting from root to tip with the blow-dryer. The idea for me is to bend the ends of my hair so that they lay nicely. Lastly, I use a spritz of hair spray along my part and I'm done. My hair takes maybe 10 minutes from damp to done. I am left with gleamy, glossy, polished hair. (Yay!) I did use Wen in the past with great success and I think that for me, it lived up to the hype of the infomercial. Honestly I was hoping this would be the same thing. This stuff made my roots look really really greasy. Wen never did that. I don't mean a little greasy either. I mean it was like a stick of melted crisco had been dumped onto my head. OK maybe not that bad, but still. The pump on this is downright frustrating b/c it dispenses such a measly amount. Either supply a pump which puts out the proper volume of product, or put this in a squeeze tube. Last but not least is the smell of this product. It's not a nice smell, and it's strong on top of that. I realize that is personal preference and some people may like it but I hate it. If this didn't make my roots greasy, if it didn't smell terrible, and if it were packaged appropriately, I would repurchase. But as it is now, no never.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2012 2:39:00 PM More reviews by Slone07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is awesome stuff and has, single-handedly, removed the weird, wiry frizz I get in the under layer of my hair at the nape of my neck. I will say up front, though, that I have exceedingly soft water and I think that may have quite a bit to do with the success or failure of these kinds of products. Anyway, I have fine, straight, limp, flyaway, virgin hair and have been using this daily for the past few weeks. I've actually found that it OVER cleanses if I leave it on for the 1-2 minutes as recommended, and I end up with slightly poofy, flyaway hair. Otherwise, it just cleanses nicely, smooths, and leaves me with plenty of volume (color me surprised on that last one!).

For those who want to use this but don't have soft water, I'd recommend using more, massaging more, and leaving it on a few minutes before rinsing in nice, warm water (I used to live in a very hard water area and used to CO wash).

My only gripe is that the pump dispenses so little. I'd LOVE it to be packaged with a pump that dispenses three times what the current, piddly little one does. I'm not going to knock off a star for that, though, as the product is honestly the best shampoo I've ever used.