September 16, 2014 | 1503 users online

Shampoo - L'Oreal - EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2012 8:47:00 PM More reviews by alijay

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This helps maintain my red hair color- the smell is strong like other reviewers stated. I use it more for dry ends- my roots get oily so I use extra shampoo on the roots then pull it through before I rinse. Got it on sale, and I would buy again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 8:11:00 PM More reviews by amyhuskiewicz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I liked this initially for occasional use but soon found the smell to be cloying and overpowering (and I like vanilla!). I was using it on work days, alternating with 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner for more conditioning. It did not detangle my copious amount of fine hair and could not be used more than 2 days in a row without making my hair feel "coated". The pump opening is very thin and dispenses very little product - I really had to pump quite a bit to get enough to run through my hair. The pump also prevents you from getting out the last bit of product at the end of the bottle - and it is inconvenient to turn the bottle upside down and balance it on the pump to get the dregs. It is also quite expensive for the amount of product you get. For a much cheaper alternative, try Alberto VO5 Shea Cashmere conditioner (see review) - a vanilla-scented thin, lightly moisturizing conditioner.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2012 6:57:00 PM More reviews by Guru4Reviews

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have dry, thick, coarse hair that even with the heaviest treatments my hair still remains a dry, frizzy mess. I don't use any heat on my hair, and only recently started dying my hair. Of course, I wanted to try this, since I didn't want to shell out the money for Wen. I am so glad that I bought this instead, since it manages my hair, and most importantly makes it SOFT! I haven't had hair that's felt so smooth, and soft since I was a kid.

The smell is overpowering, but it smells great and lingers throughout the day. I leave it on the 1-2 minutes in the shower and rinse it very well. It's very important to rinse it out thoroughly otherwise my hair does end feeling heavy and waxy. When I step out of the shower, I mix this and argan oil together, for a leave-in. Since, my hair is so thick, it can handle this amount of moisture/product. Once my hair is dry, it has a beautiful shine and feels amazing, without any frizz. My hair gets oily after three or four days, so that's when I wash it. Every three washes I'll use a clarifying shampoo, to prevent build-up. The packaging isn't horrible, but the pump doesn't dispense enough product in one pump. I have a smaller squeeze tube, that came free with the full size, and I wish they would switch over to that packaging.

I would absolutely recommend this to someone who has similar hair to me. However, I can understand why this gets horrible reviews for anyone with fine hair, or someone with slightly dry hair. It's a heavy duty cleansing conditioner that's too rich for them. So, unless you have thick hair or severely dry/damaged hair, I wouldn't recommend it.

P.S. If you ended up buying this and hate it, try mixing a small amount in with a hair oil, for a treatment or a leave-in conditioner.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2012 6:25:00 PM More reviews by tmf1969

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Big fan of L'Oreal's Ever Creme line, but this product, unlike the conditioner and shampoo, leaves my hair flat and even greasy the next day. As one poster noted, best bet is to masage a small amount of the Cleansing Conditioner in for less than one minute (it works pretty fast on short hair), and rinse immediately. I do love the packaging and wish L'Oreal would use the same packaging with its shampoos and regular conditioner. Definitely not a product for those of us with short hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by tori497

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Boy was I fooled by all the hype I'd been hearing. A bit of background first. I have dry hair that is fine but have lots of. It is mid way down my back and I do not color or chemically treat my hair. I got wrapped up in the whole no sulfate, no lather trend and decided to give this a shot. It was on sale at my local Target for $5.99. I made sure to research how to use, how much, etc. as a lot of the reviews here had varying degrees of "success" based on the application.

My first time using, I made sure to use plenty, massage into my scalp VERY well, leave on for a bit, then add a little water and "lather" up right before rinsing VERY well. The whole process took longer than it would to wash/condition separately but I was willing to put in the work for great-looking hair. I lost a lot more hair than I am used to during the entire cleansing process and combing out after.

My hair was more moisturized immediately after but by the end of the day my ends were greasy and had NO body whatsoever. It literally hung like a damp, hair curtain. I tried using the other day after a normal shampoo and conditioning as a leave in and my hair was a gummy mess. Again, I lost a TON of hair and had the greasies. I will use as another reviewer suggested as shaving creme but it will NEVER go back on my hair again.

Oh! I almost forgot to mention how much the packaging blows. Unless you have this thing strapped down, it is IMPOSSIBLE to pump and get the amount you need.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2012 8:30:00 PM More reviews by jmp24

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to try a cleansing conditioner, but just didn't want to blow so much cash on Wen, and especially not after reading all the negative reviews. So when I saw this at the store, I was thrilled to see the same type of product at an affordable price. However, I don't think it's for me.

My hair is on the fine side, with low volume - I keep it short now because I just got tired of trying to keep it looking thick and full all the time. My hair isn't oily at all, so I typically only wash a few times a week, conditioning in between washes....so I thought that this'd be prefect! Turned out to not be so.

I have used it twice so far, and I have no complaints about how to use it, the scent, how it rinses, or even the pump - but it left my hair flat, over conditioned, and with no body whatsoever. Very blah. I am going to give it one more try, and if I don't get good results, that will be strike 3, and it's getting passed off to my niece.

ETA: I think this works better and does not leave my hair flat and overconditioned if I don't leave it on for up to 2 minutes, as the directions say. Instead, I put it on, massage it through, then rinse immediately and very well. The overconditioning comes from the amount of time it stays on the hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2012 12:55:00 PM More reviews by vfer

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE the fragrance of the EverCreme line. Sadly, all of them made my fine hair dry, brittle and actually stiff at the ends. It turned my hair into straw and it took a few argan oil treatments to get it back to normal.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2012 8:56:00 AM More reviews by mainlinediva2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Blah...this stuff stinks! This is like washing your hair with a really crappy, highly scented conditioner that has no detangling abilities at all. The scent is very powerful, like everyone said, a warm vanilla scent, but that didn't bother me. I've tried WEN before and it broke my scalp out really bad, but I never had an issues detangling afterwards b/c of the cone content. I decided to try this b/c it does not contain as many cones, but there is prob. #1 for me. Less cones = less slip and I have a lot of baby fine, wavy hair that tangles at a drop of a hat. It was a pain staking task to detangle after using this, esp. since I'm used to using B&B super rich cond. which detangles like a dream. I don't see how the other reviewers were even able to get a comb through their hair using this stuff?? This left my hair feeling dried out, knotted and extremely tangly after my shower. I had to use like a 1/4 bottle of my detangle spray just to comb my hair!! Ugh. Mine is up for swap if anyone is interested.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2012 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Dreamer731

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the first cleansing conditioner I have ever tried and I must say I'm impressed. It's thick and creamy just like a traditional conditioner and foams ever so slightly. It really did a great job of cleansing and moisturizing in one step. After using this I added the matching evercreme nourishing leave in spray and blow dried my hair to a glossy smooth perfection! The only thing I don't like about this product is the pump bottle. you have to pump it quite a bit to get enough out. Still another great product from L'oreal.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2012 2:48:00 PM More reviews by jasminefire

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First off, I have long, fine, medium-thick hair with a lot of body, and I color with a high-llft product and then style with a blow dryer and a flat iron. My hair needs a substantial amount of moisturizing, so it responds well to "conditioning cleansers" such as this one and Wen. (I'm thinking that the trick of using one of these cleansers is to follow up with some kind of volumizing styler near the scalp to avoid the flat look.) This is an acceptable, lower-cost substitute for Wen, which I liked very much when I obtained it with a $10 offer that came in the mail. One pump does not equal one pump from the Wen container, so you do end up using quite a bit of it each time, and the bottle is surprisingly small. The vanilla scent is pleasant enough to me, though I miss the tingle of mint in Wen's Almond Mint formula. Might one effectively add a drop pf mint oil to this? And for that matter, could one also MAKE one's own cleansing conditioner with "1/4 shampoo and 3/4 conditioner"? A lab experiment worth trying...

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No