L'Oreal Colour Riche Balm

3.8

on 11/2/2012 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

i got the color Nourishing Nude earlier today when i went to meijer to find a nude lip color. pretty much this is an expensive, pretty chapstick. at least for me anyway. it was between this and the creme brulee colorburst lip butter. i had remembered my experience trying on one of those, and i cringed. that and the maybelline baby lips do not enhance my lips in any way, infact they make them worse. that aside, i went with this, never having tried it, thinking it had some color, even just sheerly, like an opaque lipgloss, but alas, there was none. the only reason i went with this was because it is made with argan oil, and it is enough to make a difference in this balm. it could have been like every other chapstick but the argan oil makes it so that your lips look like all you have on is lipgloss. not in a juvenile way though, it's not overtly shiny, it's more like to blur away lip lines and as long as you don't lick your lips, quench dryness. i was using Chapstick chapstick before this for a month because i bought a burts bees chapstick that did not help. then i got a dark lipstick/lipgloss hybrid and after all that, i just taught myself not to lick my lips. i probably only did that so much because they were so dehydrated. not cheap and slippery, but not gross and sticky either. i actually did not know it had spf 15 but on the website it says all these balms do so that's wonderful. my burts bees was only spf 8 but it always left whiteness on my lips, making me wipe or lick it off.. it was just pointless. i like the smell of these. it smells like french vanilla, in coffee or from a candle. but my nose has to be close to touching the stick to actually smell it. no taste. thank goodness. i guess trying these on my hand was a dumb idea. color does come from this you might as well think of nourishing nude as clear. i wanna keep it.. ive never been the kind of person that mixes lipsticks, but instead of putting chapstick under, you could put lipstick on, then nourishing nude on top to smooth everything out. i'm still looking for a nude lip color.. revlon soft nude was out.. actually practically all their stock of that was out.. i'm a sucker for anything that says it moisturizes lips though.. i got mine for $5.23 plus tax. probably one of the cheapest prices around for this stuff. try it if you're looking for pretty chapstick that works. they have other colors but remember, they're balms. don't be like me and actually think your lips are gonna get lighter. they'll either be clear, or darker. try em!

on 10/29/2012 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this in Tender Mauve and I like it a lot. I like this product overall because it feels such high quality. People need to understand that this is not a lipstick, but more like a tinted lip balm, hence the name. The pigmentation isn't awesome but it does what it's supposed to do - tint. I love the packaging because it's sturdy and doesn't feel flimsy when twisting it up and down. I find it is smooth to apply on my lips, but will always apply an actual lip balm prior to applying this. However, if your lips are already nicely moisturized, then this lip balm will give a hint of color so you don't look pale. I will most likely repurchase if there is no new product that catches my eye before this one runs out.

on 10/22/2012 4:17:00 AM

I have Nourishing Nude and Plush Plum. I'm very fair with rosacea and neither of these play up my redness but I will use the nude if I'm looking especially beet red.
My lips are always chapped and these help give me color when my lips are too chapped for lipstick. I use Shiseido sunblock for lips underneath this and both these conceal how whitening and drying it is. I need to reapply often but it's no big deal - lip stains aren't good for a dry lip situation anyway.

on 10/16/2012 5:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have bought two of these at the same time, i believe they were 6.99 each or something ridiculous like that. I do not mind paying 6.99 for a GOOD product, this was not good.Worst purchase ever, however, the colors are quite nice as is the packaging. These are incredibly drying and have actually caused my lips to peel. I have huge lips, this does not look good. I will not repurchase and definitely will not finish the rest of the tubes.

on 9/29/2012 1:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Its such a beautiful lipstick/ balm I love it. I will repurchase. its so shiny the only down side is I hate how it tastes like sunscreen.

on 9/23/2012 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

My lips get chapped constantly, and I have to use dull everyday chap stick all the time to keep my lips moist. I really wanted to try something new that would bring color to my lips and keep them moisturized all day.
This product does all that and MORE! I absolutely fell in love with this product. I bought the Nourishing Nude and Caring Coral. This is now my must have product in my makeup bag. I highly recommend it to everyone

on 9/17/2012 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

The color selection is nice but they dried my lips out bad. The packaging is also nice but that's pretty much it. I will not be repurchasing again.

on 9/17/2012 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I quite like these little balms. I put them on par with Revlon's Lip Butters. I can't really compare them, considering they both have their pro's and con's and have major differences. In terms of moisture, I would have to give the edge to L'Oreal's. In terms of color, Revlon's takes the cake. But both smell nice, like subtle vanilla, (with L'Oreal's being stronger and also having the faint smell of sunscreen.) Revlon's Lip Butters offer a far better selection of colors. Revlon's are much more pigmented as well, but that's why I sometimes reach for L'Oreal's more. I often want a nice subtle color. I purchased the Colour Riche Balms in colors "Nourishing Nude" and "Plush Plum", Nourishing Nude is very MLBB, sort of being a more moisturizing verion of "Fairest Nude". Don't let the 'nude' make you wary. I have very pigmented lips (very dark pink) and this was definitely noticeable on my lips. However, since a natural color, it may not be enough bang for some people. Nourishing Nude is a cream with no frost, shimmer, or sparkle. It's close to opaque. Plush Plum isn't as plum as you would think. It leans towards a berry red and is quite pigmented, but not very opaque. It's very sheer. Sort of like Clinique's "Black Honey". Plush Plum has very fine gold shimmer. It's probably my favorite as far as color, but I still reach for Nourishing Nude the most because it goes with everything. All in all a good product, I would recommend it to anyone wishing the Lip Butters were more buttery and moist. :)

on 9/16/2012 7:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I love these so much, I have nourishing nude which has the nicest finish I have ever seen on any lipstick/balm/gloss, and caring coral. they are extremely sheer, which is perfect for me, but I can see how some people would be turned off by this. my sister bought both nourishing nude and rose elixir, and said she could see no difference on her lips. i have also tried the revlon lip butters,and really don't see much of a comparison. the lip butters give way more color payoff, and aren't half as moisturizing. The taste/scent is pretty bad, and the reason i am taking of a lippie. These are around 8.50 at my cvs which I think is kind of pricey, but I'd like to try them all out so I'll wait for a sale, or to get some more cvs extra bucks.

on 9/16/2012 5:26:00 PM

i bought one in pink satin which appears to be a bright pink color. i put it on my lips and it did feel pretty moistrurizing but the pigmentation of this product is so bad that i just might as well use a clear chapstick. I'm really dissapointed in this product.