July 22, 2014 | 2498 users online

Lips - L'Oreal - Colour Riche Balm

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2012 8:50:00 PM More reviews by LaOsha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was very excited to get my hands on one of these and after I did, I wasn't so impressed.
First off, the packaging is bulky. Unnecessarily, in my opinion. Two, the top pops off pretty easily if you like to carry your things around in a bag. I personally carry a backpack.
Second, there's no good taste or scent other than the scent of sunscreen, and even though Cosmo swears that the scent of sunscreen makes you happy, I'd rather it was something else.
Third, I don't believe that it was actually that beneficial to my lips. I always have a need to keep something on my lips, as far as balm goes. When this wore away, or started to, my lips didn't feel any smoother or healthier than before I put it on. Overall, I'm not impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2012 4:28:00 PM More reviews by fogcat

I have this in Plush Plum and it's my favorite sheer lipstick. It's very moisturizing and much nicer feeling on the lips than the Revlon Colorbursts. The color range of this line leans more towards pink / plum / nudes. I alos love the packaging with the translucent caps. I might have to pick up another shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by LNSklnjr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Its been a little while now since I have left a review, but this product prompted me to. This is one of the few products in a long time that I have been very grateful for trying. My budget is tighter these days so I have been very selective with my purchases lately. I previously purchased the Revlon Colorburst lip butter and while I liked it, I didnt LOVE it. I have a Revlon balm stain en route and will review that once I receive it as well...but anyway...

Let me give you some background that will assist you. I am about NW25, cool toned with lips that have so little pigment that they nearly blend in with my skin. I rarely wear pigmented lip colors bc they look overdone. Brightly colored lips are only worn by me when I am dressed to the nines or attending a formal function (or back when I did pageants...god did I really just admit that?) And since I am cool toned anything that is yellow based or remotely resembles coral/orange makes me cringe. For these reasons, I fell in love with this balm. So far I have purchsed Tender Mauve, but I just purchased the plum shade online. Others have complained that this does not impart any color. Well, perhaps it does not impart color on YOU. My lips are so pale, I could actually see this shade, albeit it was light and natural, but this is something I would actually wear to work. (And I work in a hospital so I do not need to get glammed up for a day on the job.)

I think some people are being a little overcritical of this product. It is labeled as a "balm" and marketed as a "balm" and hence I expect it to have the color payoff of a ...balm. If you want bright pink lips ladies, buy lipstick. I think its fairly moisturizing, it did not dry out my lips at all. The only thing I do not like about it is that you cannot see the shade through the tinted case while at the store. Although I had looked up photos of these online before deciding which shade I wanted anyhow. If my description sounds like you, I beg that you try this. If you have a darker complexion or more pigmented lips, I would not opt for the neutral shades in this line, I doubt they will show up, but they will still impart a nice sheen : )

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2012 3:30:00 AM More reviews by songtothesiren

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in 218 Rose Elixir .The quality of this lip balm is great - thin yet very moisturizing, and it gives a really nice shine to the lips. I took one lippie off just because it is a tinted moisturizer, and on my pigmented lips there is no colour pay off, and even when I swatch it on the back of my hand there is very little colour. The packaging is so luxurious for a drug store item, but it is a bit pricy for $7 I would have expected more of a tint!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2012 9:07:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

I'm always looking for the best lip balm with a tint of colour and I think I've found my HG product.
I bought caring coral and rose elixir and I love it.
it's less grainy/ gritty in comparison to the revlon butter but this is more sheer. It's smoother and give a nice shine after application.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2012 8:36:00 AM More reviews by GetLowxX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this in Rose Elixir and LOVE this. This is such a pretty, soft pink shade. The pink is barely there, but it's enough to give my lips some shine, another great MLBB shade. I like the packaging, even though I think it's a little misleading, it seems like you're getting more balm than what you really end up with. Otherwise, this is good stuff. Doesn't last very long through eating and drinking, but definitely not a bother to reapply!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2012 11:03:00 AM More reviews by TheresaK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this in Nourishing Nude.
LOVE!
This is a great add to the tinted lip balm/butter market that's all the rage right now. Feels smooth and creamy on the lips. Lasts quite awhile before you have to reapply. Colour payoff is good! LOVE the smell, smells like vanilla cupcakes to me. And I love the packaging, very chic and classy for a lip balm.
The only downsize is it's pricy for tinted lipbalm, at almost $12.00 CAD, it's worth it to wait for them to go on sale. (I think I got mine for $6.00 on sale).
Can't wait to try more colours!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2012 12:59:00 AM More reviews by seharden135

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have three of the colors: Caring Coral, Rose Elixir, and Nourishing Nude. I love all of these. I like them even better than the Revlon Lip Butters. They are very moisturizing, and the color stays on longer than most tinted lip balms I've tried.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2012 11:31:00 AM More reviews by greynct00

I adore Lip Sugar Rose but it's expensive.

I tried the Revlon Butter first because I'd heard so much about them but it was too pigmented for my needs--and too glittery--I have lipsticks for that. I returned it.

The Balm I like very much. It's a sheer balm with a hint of color that I can keep in my desk drawer for freshening during the day. The Rose Elixer is a barely there pink and I'm going go back for the plum color so that I also have a deeper tint. The texture is very nice.

My only concern is the package. It looks very nice but you have to line it up the top just right in order to put it back on

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought Nourishing Nude and it was exactly what I was looking for in a tinted lip balm. These balms are very very sheer and that's what I like about it. I wanted something more than a regular chapstick but not quite the disaster the Revlon lip butters were. You will have to reapply often so don't expect this stuff to last all day. You could apply lipliner first if you want a bit more color. Will def repurchase in more colors.