December 21, 2014 | 867 users online

Lips - L'Oreal - Colour Riche Balm

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2012 6:17:00 AM More reviews by Matillyrose

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this balm in Tender Mauve.
I like the shade, it appears slightly mauve with a cool blue undertone on me and matches my complexion. It is really a lovely colour.
I found the balm itself easy to apply, it feels like a greasy lipgloss but I could feel gritty bits in it when I pressed my lips together.
I did not like the overwhelming smell and taste of the SPF, leaving a bitter aftertaste in my mouth.
This balm was quite drying on my lips and thankfully it doesn't stay on long because I was reaching for lip salve because my lips felt so dry.
I prefer Revlon Lip butters.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2012 11:28:00 PM More reviews by AmCam28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I own a Revlon Lip Butter, Fresh Sugar Rose, Clinique's Buttershine, and this. I like moisturizing lip colors a lot. This isn't as pigmented as Revlon, not as melty as Fresh and more moisturizing than Clinique. I was surprising that the Heavenly Berry is the exact same smell and color as one of the discontinued HIP jelly balms. I'm okay with this being a very similar formula in stick form, as it's very wearable.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2012 4:22:00 AM More reviews by prncss

I swear by Revlon Lip Butters (I'm on my 5th tube in 2 months ever since I discovered them), but I figured that I would give this a try after seeing the pretty shade on the model in the magazine ad. I went out and bought the exact shade on the model, Rose Elixir, expecting a light coral pink color. However, this went on virtually sheer. It made my lips slightly darker than they normally are but this deposits virtually no color (unlike the Revlon Lip Butters). I'm guessing the model has some sort of lip primer on underneath or naturally unpigmented lips.

Either way, I figured I could use this as a lip balm underneath lipstick but even as a lip balm, this dried out my lips. I like that the texture does not feel heavy, greasy or sticky. It has a nice light sheer texture. However, this does not moisturize my lips at all. I feel like I have to re-apply constantly and my lips still feel dry. Even as a lip balm, this does not work for me. I will be going back to the Revlon Lip Butters. It is a shame because the packaging is so pretty and high quality.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/31/2012 2:23:00 AM More reviews by lisamims1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

These are moisturizing and very pretty. However, L'Oreal has started using ingredients in their lipsticks and this balm that cause lip acne for me. (I'm not talking about coldsores, I'm talking about actual whiteheads.)

There is nothing else on the market that does that to me. I'm thinking it's an allergic reaction--but I wouldn't buy more than one to start.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2012 8:23:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

I liked the texture of this lip balm and the hint of colour it provided, however all the colours in this line turned out sheer on me except for the Caring Coral one (upon numerous applications) and the Berry one. The product itself overall was a nice concept but I could not stand the taste of this product. It was plastic-y and nauseating. For this reason alone I tossed it out. Waste of money. No repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2012 1:10:00 PM More reviews by eversojenny

I LOVE the color #118 Pink Satin. It gives your lips prettiest pop of pink. The packaging is gorgeous as well. Many people thought I was using an expensive lipstick! I love it so much I bought two! One to keep at home, and one to have in my purse's makeup bag (so I always have access to it). I've gotten many compliments. :)

One downside to this product is that sometimes, I find it to be greasy.

_____________
Pros:
- beautiful colors
- moisturizing
- beautiful packaging, looks expensive!
- contains SPF for some lip protection
- light scent
Cons:
- not a large selection of colors
- can feel greasy

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2012 12:59:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

It's hard to write a review on this because on one hand, I loooove the color (Tender Mauve), but that's about it. L'Oreal lip products have always left a bad taste in my mouth (literally) and I don't care for the scent or feel but man! This is such a pretty shade! It's a lavender-pinked mauve with a bit of a sheen. 2 good swipes for full color... but wait, that's where the fun stops. This lipstick disappears in an hour if you aren't talking, drinking or eating; less if you are. The texture is borderline gritty even though it seems to glide on, and the scent and taste are pure yuck. I can't compare it to the Revlon Lip Butters because those go on soooo smoothly and leave a stain. These aren't even in the same realm. Anyhow, I'm on the hunt for another product with the same color as Tender Mauve and none of the disappointment.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2012 8:50:00 PM More reviews by LaOsha

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was very excited to get my hands on one of these and after I did, I wasn't so impressed.
First off, the packaging is bulky. Unnecessarily, in my opinion. Two, the top pops off pretty easily if you like to carry your things around in a bag. I personally carry a backpack.
Second, there's no good taste or scent other than the scent of sunscreen, and even though Cosmo swears that the scent of sunscreen makes you happy, I'd rather it was something else.
Third, I don't believe that it was actually that beneficial to my lips. I always have a need to keep something on my lips, as far as balm goes. When this wore away, or started to, my lips didn't feel any smoother or healthier than before I put it on. Overall, I'm not impressed.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2012 4:28:00 PM More reviews by fogcat

I have this in Plush Plum and it's my favorite sheer lipstick. It's very moisturizing and much nicer feeling on the lips than the Revlon Colorbursts. The color range of this line leans more towards pink / plum / nudes. I alos love the packaging with the translucent caps. I might have to pick up another shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2012 10:03:00 PM More reviews by LNSklnjr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Its been a little while now since I have left a review, but this product prompted me to. This is one of the few products in a long time that I have been very grateful for trying. My budget is tighter these days so I have been very selective with my purchases lately. I previously purchased the Revlon Colorburst lip butter and while I liked it, I didnt LOVE it. I have a Revlon balm stain en route and will review that once I receive it as well...but anyway...

Let me give you some background that will assist you. I am about NW25, cool toned with lips that have so little pigment that they nearly blend in with my skin. I rarely wear pigmented lip colors bc they look overdone. Brightly colored lips are only worn by me when I am dressed to the nines or attending a formal function (or back when I did pageants...god did I really just admit that?) And since I am cool toned anything that is yellow based or remotely resembles coral/orange makes me cringe. For these reasons, I fell in love with this balm. So far I have purchsed Tender Mauve, but I just purchased the plum shade online. Others have complained that this does not impart any color. Well, perhaps it does not impart color on YOU. My lips are so pale, I could actually see this shade, albeit it was light and natural, but this is something I would actually wear to work. (And I work in a hospital so I do not need to get glammed up for a day on the job.)

I think some people are being a little overcritical of this product. It is labeled as a "balm" and marketed as a "balm" and hence I expect it to have the color payoff of a ...balm. If you want bright pink lips ladies, buy lipstick. I think its fairly moisturizing, it did not dry out my lips at all. The only thing I do not like about it is that you cannot see the shade through the tinted case while at the store. Although I had looked up photos of these online before deciding which shade I wanted anyhow. If my description sounds like you, I beg that you try this. If you have a darker complexion or more pigmented lips, I would not opt for the neutral shades in this line, I doubt they will show up, but they will still impart a nice sheen : )

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No