December 22, 2014 | 1737 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - Dream Nude Airfoam Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 10:55:00 PM More reviews by sst95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely this product to where I from time to time will reach for Dream Nude that FIT Me. Will definitley repurchase in the nearby future. I actually use my e.l.f. foundation brush to blend this foundation in then my MAC 191. It gives both a natural and light-weight finish. I really don't wear makeup everyday due to catching the school bus by 6:44 am in the morning (I'm in high school), and plus it takes me only 30 minutes to get ready in the morning (i'm low-maintenance).

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2013 3:07:00 AM More reviews by heyitschloe98

Sorry to say, my expectations for this were not met. Over the summer I saw several ads proclaiming the greatness of "mousse" or "foam" foundation. Wanting something with light/medium coverage (I'm in high school, and i don't want, or have time for, anything too heavy) I totally bought into the idea. I was originally going to get the Revlon version of this, but i found this first. Sadly the first thing I noticed was that you have to shake it, a lot. I mean you have to actually take at least a minute to shake up the canister (you can hear the little metal ball rattling around in there like its spray paint) otherwise it comes out as a whitish-orangy mess. But anyway, at first I really liked the light feeling of this on my face, it felt like i wasn't wearing anything. Nice coverage too. But after a few weeks of wearing it every other day or so, my skin got extremely dry, which was abnormal for my oily T zone and normal-everywhere-else combination skin. I got dry patches here and there, which were flakey and peeling especially when i tried to cover them up. Nice concept on Maybelline's part, but definitely not buying this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by amylynn11

Another fail from Maybelline in my opinion. I don't know which I am disappointed with more..this product, or the "BB" cream. One of the main things I dislike about this product is just the general appearance of it on the skin. For me it makes me look like I have a dull complexion. I can't even really explain what this product feels like. It is very watery. There is no oil control with this, even with a setting powder. I also don't think the materials that are put into making the bottle in which it is dispensed from are healthy for you or your skin. Bottom line..I wouldn't recommend, or repurchase this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/23/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by MissMerryMakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love Maybelline, hated this products.

The reason I wasn't overly fond of this product is for the fact that first off, it has the most uncontrolled pump I've ever used. Way too much comes out every single time. Another thing is as soon as applied it turned my skin BRIGHT orange. It also lacked a lot on the lasting ability and the coverage just wasn't there.

Interesting thing is when you touch the foam it becomes the consistency of water, which while it does make sense it's also a very messy application and the amount you put on your hand dries up almost instantly, making it hard to work with and apply. Wasn't too fond of how hard it was to blend, either.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/21/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by Eire1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The color selection is pretty nice and I have not experienced any oxidation.However the texture is watery and the finish is streaky and patchy.The dispenser seems okay at a glance but it gives a lot. That could be an advantage to some people I guess. The formulation is not bad but it is nothing special .They have uvb protection and a tiny bit of uva protection but I am not sure if it is enough. It also has 'alcohol denat' an irritant that causes free radical damage on the skin. If there was less or the formulation was better I would not mind as much but still. I do not find this suitable for dry skin.
If you still want to try this try mixing it with a lotion For me it was easier to blend that way but you should not have to.
I do not recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by sammeinwonderland

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I really liked this product. I was using the L'oreal BB cream, and decided I wanted to make a switch. I was going to try the Dream Mousse, but when I saw that the Air Foam was the same price AND it was bigger, I had to buy it. At first I thought it was the weirdest thing in the world, but it had a very even coverage, and though light, it made my skin look dewy and perfect. I got many compliments on it, and I think this is going to become my permanent foundation. I wear the shade Nude.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by scraps

Love it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2012 9:16:00 PM More reviews by XNubianX

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

People give this product a bad rating because it doesn't provide "coverage". This is not what this product is for. If you have relatively good skin and just want to put on make-up for the hell of it but don't want to look made up this is the product for you.

It gives a good clean and natural finish and blends wonderfully. It is not heavy. I use Cocoa 370.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2012 2:23:00 PM More reviews by sweetfart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Maybelline and Revlon came out with these mousse/foam foundations, likely in attempt to dupe Elizabeth Arden's Flawless Finish Mousse which has been on the market for years. I used Arden's and I've also used my HG Diorskin Airflash aerosol as well as some airbrush compressor systems. I'm therefore kind of a junkie/expert on non-conventional foundations.

The theory behind foam foundation is a smart idea but not quite the best. Aerosol foundations are known for giving a flawless finish due to an even distribution that hits the skin, which no regular liquid foundation can mimick. Foam/mousse foundations are perhaps the next best thing, albeit still way subpar to aerosol/airbrush foundation. The bubbleyness popping on the skin and settling is what would set this apart from any normal liquid foundation. Plain old AIR would be incorporated as a tool for applying this, as you want the bubbles to fizzle down and distribute on the skin in attempt to achieve that airbrushed finish. You still have to buff it in though, which is why it's not quite comparable to real airbrush foundation.

In comparison to Elizabeth Arden's mousse, Maybelline's is clearly lower in quality. Maybelline's definitely comes out as more of a mousse and Arden's is more of a foam. Arden's seems to be "bubblier" and more carbonated (perhaps those are sulfates?). These bubbles help to achieve a more even finish. Maybelline's fizzes down to a soppy sheer liquidy finish. Very uneven. I feel like it defeats the purpose of being a foam. The coverage is very sheer, buildable to medium at most.

Oil control is very poor (2 hours before I became a grease slick, with finishing powder), and the immediate finish was shiny (you say dewy, I say shiney...tomayto, tomawto). This definitely settled into my pores and separated. Because it is so dewy, it does not cooperate well with powder, becoming a caked up mess.

The idea from Maybelline was clever, but still no cigar. As others have said, this is mostly gimmick. You're better of using a regular liquid foundation. Perhaps the only person I would see benefitting from this is someone with drier skin who simply needs sheer coverage and wants something to apply fast with their fingers. It would be a little less messy than a normal liquid foundation. But not for me.

BTW, I have to mention that any foundation that comes in a pressurized can like these is likely to have severe ingredients that irritate sensitive skin. Even though everyone breaks out differently, I can tell you that compressed cans often contain ingredients like alcohol, propane, butane, etc. It's just like aerosol hairspray.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/30/2012 7:58:00 AM More reviews by macmuse

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Is very thin, but covers a little more than it looks like it would. What I didn't like is the ingredients—even though most traditional makeups aren't champs in this area, this one particularly was a red flag for me - propane, butane, etc. which I definitely don't want absorbing in my skin.