Maybelline Color Tattoo - Tough as Taupe

Ingredients.Cyclopentasiloxane, Isododecane, Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Ceresin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Caprylyl Methicone, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Alumina, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cyclomethicone, Propylene Carbonate, Candelilla Cera / Candelilla Wax / Cire De Candelilla, Caprylyl Glycol, C30-45 Alkyldimethylsilyl Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Silica, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Tin Oxide, Acrylates Copolymer, Paraffin. May Contain: Mica, CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides, CI 77007 / Ultramarines, CI 19140 / Yellow 5 Lake, CI 16035 / Red 40 Lake, CI 77000 / Aluminum Powder, CI 77510 / Ferric Ferrocyanide, CI 75470 / Carmine, CI 42090 / Blue 1 Lake, CI 77400 / Bronze Powder, CI 77288 / Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77289 / Chromium Hydroxide Green, CI 77742 / Manganese Violet, CI 77400 / Copper Powder, CI 77163 / Bismuth Oxychloride, CI 77510 / Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide.. ...

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine

I do not like it as a shadow. The color was like concrete on me. I agree that many will be able to use it as a brow filler, but not me. There IS alot of product for the money, & that is a plus. Would not repurchase. I returned it.

on 5/5/2013 8:39:00 AM

Personally I found this product extremely pigmented and found it best when applied with my fingers. It must be blended in quickly though because once it sets it won't budge! I really like how buildable it is, it can be sheered out to create a naturally defined eye or can be a dramatic grey smoky eye. It barely creases on me even when I don't apply a primer beforehand :) It was a lot cheaper than I had expected and I love this product so much!

on 4/29/2013 3:15:00 PM

The positive reviews have suckered me into buying this. This did not work for me at all! It remained a creamy texture throughout the day, and kept making these liquidy half-moons over my crease which I had to constantly keep blending in. Ugh, just a horrible product for me. The color is pasty looking to boot. I got it on sale, so it wasn't too difficult to toss it in the trash where it belongs.

on 4/28/2013 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

After reading all the rave reviews I had to give these a try. I purchased the taupe, gold, bronze and audacious asphalt. I have to say I was very disappointed. For me, they went on very chalky, almost impossible to blend and the colors especially the taupe (which I had high hopes for) gave a look of having a been punched. I tried using a different eye primer and washing my lid with another color first but to no avail. The bronze color I had the same issues with application and blending and couldn't get to work for me either. The asphalt color the same however, I did try using it with a liner brush for lining upper lash line and this worked pretty well, still a bit difficult to blend, but for lining I would use it. The packaging is fine and so is the price if it works for you. For me, I'm just glad my drugstore has a liberal return policy.

on 4/24/2013 11:15:00 AM

Perfect product! I'm 58 with a little crinkling on my upper lids. This matte cream goes on smooth as silk, blends well and stays on until you take it off! You can use your finger to blend it. It's my go-to product especially when in a hurry, and don't want to bother with eye shadow base and powders. LOVE IT!!

on 4/22/2013 2:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Love it - Kind of a slate or cement-like color. I added a black (MAC Carbon) to the outer V and a shimmery silvery shade inner corner, and it was an easy smokey eye got so many compliments

If it helps at all, I have a demonstration of how I apply it while I talk about how I like it (split-screen style) on Youtube. Search wjmalique and MAC Drugstore Haul :)

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This wasn't taupe on me at all--more like a matte blue-gray. It applied really patchy and I couldn't get it to blend to save my life--it ended up flaking off like dry skin. I'll try it again with a primer under it, but this one's a fail.
I did buy this in Bad to the Bronze and the application is MUCH better, so maybe it's something to do with how matte this shade is.

on 4/14/2013 5:06:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Yes I love this!!!!!!! Its shows up gray-blue on me. Not taupe. So it was a surprise that its not tan. On olive asian skin, it is as close to a natural gray blue that is flattering. I have 3 of these tattoos, this is the only one I love! Its creamy and blends nicely! Beautiful look!

on 4/13/2013 10:30:00 PM

The product itself is really great... good consistency, easy to apply, and long lasting. I didn't like the color on me... it came off as more of a gray color than what I would consider taupe. If you're looking for a gray, then I would definitely recommend.

on 3/28/2013 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Surprisingly great drugstore product! These are very comparable to MACs paintpots. The only difference is that MACs blend a little better.
I only have the colour Tough as Taupe, but am planning on purchasing a brighter colour for summer.
I apply an eyeshadow primer underneath, because without it the product will crease...whereas the paintpots don't.
I like using Tough as Taupe all over the lid (I apply it with a synthetic shadow brush) then I apply MAC eyeshadows in Kid and Soft Brown into my crease. Then I apply MACs Dazzlelight into my innercorners and browbone. I have gotten lots of compliments on this look!