January 29, 2015 | 1644 users online

Liquid - Revlon - PhotoReady Airbrush Mousse Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by mschumps

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The other day, I looked at myself in the car just as the sun hit my face, and I looked just like Edward Cullen sparkling like an idiot in the Twilight movies.

If you want a MATTE foundation, this is NOT for you. I had seen on MUA reviews that the sparkles were rather large and plentiful but got drawn in by the foam marketing, and a desire to try something other than Colorstay, which is impossible to remove at the end of the day.

PROs:
-Gives a nice, even finish when applied with a sponge
-Lots of color choices to choose from, with plenty of yellow-based ones for me!

CONs:
-sparkles. Some may like the effect. My husband said he really liked the look, but all I could see in the mirror were big, flashy sparkles saying, "HEY, look at my make-up!!!"
-lasting power is so-so
-expensive for a drugstore brand. In Canada, Revlon foundations can cost as much as $20 a bottle!

This product is just average and all gimmicky. I would just stay with my HG colorstay overall.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2013 11:25:00 AM More reviews by ashton

I bought this because I like Revlon's regular PhotoReady liquid foundation. I also like other foundations by Revlon so I thought this would be good too. However, it did not work out for me at all. My skin is oily on my nose and chin and fairly dry everywhere else. First off, the smell of this foundation is strange and unpleasant. Although that alone would not discourage me from buying a foundation, it certainly did not help. The consistency is light and foamy which feels nice on my face but wears off quickly. The first hour of wear, it looked great but after that it started wearing off in the most unflattering way I've ever seen. It made my face look patchy, greasy, and blotchy, I used Maybelline Age Rewind pressed power over top and it still made my skin look like a grease pit. In about 45 minutes all the foundation had come off my nose, in an hour and 30 minutes, it was off my chin and by 3 hours later I had no foundation on my face at all except for in the creases around my nose and the lines under my eyes. Yuck. I gave this two stars - one for the light feeling on my face (not cakey) and one for the shade Vanilla which matches my skin perfectly. Will not buy again.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2013 7:14:00 AM More reviews by caseyj123499

Being in Australia this foundation had cost me $40 from Priceline. I see others in the USA buy this for as little as $10 and if girls in Aussie are reading this please dont waste your money.

It has too much shimmer, turns out orange after 30minutes of applying.

Only good for women with dry skin as it leaves my skin oily (which I hate).

It has no pump so when you squeeze it out it gets messy. You have no control over how much mousse comes out of the bottle and I just feel that its pathetic its $40 here.

The colour section is not that great so I switched to Revlon Photoready Liquid foundation and found that best for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 2:46:00 AM More reviews by poeticrealist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Works well for my oily skin as long as I set it with a translucent powder, although some sheen does come through around the 4 hour mark. It doesn't photograph as well as my Nars Sheer Glow though, so I'd definitely like Revlon to refine the formula some more. The little shimmers are not visible to the naked eye when applied, so no need to worry about that. Overall, this is the first drugstore foundation I've liked.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2012 1:59:00 AM More reviews by annoasis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm quite surprised reading the negative reviews on this product. I actually really like this foundation. It worked great for me...I have combination skin and it gives me good coverage, makes my skin look 'airbrushed'...I dab dots all over my face and then use a flat top kabuki to blend it in and it blends quite nicely. It leaves a matte finish and makes my face look flawless. I would definitely recommend this foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/26/2012 6:00:00 PM More reviews by bayergal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I can only think of one good thing to say about this product - it looks okay in photos.
The shade matches my skin pretty well but it turns grey after about 30 minutes on my face which is very unattractive. I find I have to mix this with BB cream just so it will still look some-what okay for the whole day.

The container leaks and clogs quickly, the smell is disgusting, and I find even with a thin layer it looks extremely piled on.
I do not recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/22/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Nicole696

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

overall i wasnt pleased with this product. it has ALOT of glitter in it, which makes me look like I'm straight out of twilight. and dat smell. yuck. when you first get it, its hard to control the amount that comes out. it looks cakey, and feels disgusting when applying it. waste of money.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/21/2012 6:29:00 AM More reviews by CosmicBaybee

I hate how they advertise this product as a PHOTOready foundation when it is in no way suitable for photography makeup...It has little glitter particles in it which, as far as I'm concerned, will reflect light and make your face look washed out in flash photography. Not to mention that it has the lightest coverage ever...how are you supposed to get a flawless "photoready" look if you're wearing a foundation that won't cover your imperfections?
Plus it's so expensive!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/19/2012 3:34:00 AM More reviews by AmbyCakes

This product is HORRIBLE! Okay it's my fault for thinking it was airbrush makeup and didn't read the "mouse" part until I got home.

Greasy finish

Smells like old dirty wet towels.

Very light coverage.

I was really bummed out.

Please save your money!!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2012 6:25:00 PM More reviews by DalyaD

This foundation is amazing for me, and I've got oily skin around my t-zone and it worked perfectly for me I dont see why this product is getting so many bad reviews.

Pros:
Perfect match to my skin tone
(020 shell)

Packaging is very hygienic

Pefects any flaws, redness and covered my spots well

Extremely light, feels like I'm literally putting coloured air on my face

Unlike on diamondsandheels review on YouTube mine didn't oxidise

Fast drying

Doesn't look too dewy when blended properly

Looked so natural that I was disapointed when I took the makeup off to see my real skin

Gives a very matte finish

Cons:

Gotta learn how to Control the pump otherwise you get loads on the back of your hand

If your spots are unbelievably red you might need to use a bit of concealer before you put on the foundation

Its too fast drying so it dries before you get the chance to blend it out properly

Best way to apply I would say is with your fingers but make sure they're clean for hygienic reasons

I was skeptical about buying this product at fisrt but then I realised that I won't know it's as bad as they say if I don't try it out first so please before you buy it go into the shops and try out the tester or sample and make sure that it's right for you :)