Queen Helene Oatmeal N' Honey Natural Facial Scrub

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Not tested on animals

Water, walnut shell powder, sodium lauryl sulfate, stearic acid, oatmeal honey, glyceryl stearate, stearyl alcohol, glycerin, kaolin, cocamidopropyl betaine, isopropyl myristate, dimethicone, triethanolamine, fragrance, carbomer 940, propylene glycol, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben and phenoxyethanol.

on 8/17/2009 9:22:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I quite like this scrub, it's effective and it has a nice scent and it's economically priced. Unfortunately it's not easy to come by where I live.

on 8/9/2009 7:24:00 PM

Favorite facial scrub hands down. I have flaky dry sensitive skin and this is the only facial scrub that doesn't hurt when I use it...The grains are very fine. I like to use it with a little facial scrubby thing I got from sallys beauty supply. It's like a giant toothbrush...but with a circle of very soft bristles. They work great together.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I LOVE THIS STUFF!! I have very sensitive skin so its hard to find a good facial scrub without it being too harsh on my skin, but this is the perfect scrub. It exfoliates really well and makes my skin feel oh so soft after I wash it. It works good to clear whiteheads and the occasional red bump and fyi, oatmeal and honey are known to soothe the skin and reduce inflammation-plus, it smells good enough to eat! This is a beauty MUST HAVE!!! :D
~♥~
P.S OMG This is featured on the "product reviews" page! :OOOO

I love this! I pretty much use it daily after my acne wash. Many people here say it was very irritating for their skin, but not for me. I think I must have pretty tough skin ;P
I use this on my face, chest and shoulders/back. It smells really good too, I almost want to eat it sometimes, haha.

on 6/28/2009 6:12:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I bought this scrub at Ulta for ~$3.00 a few months ago, and I love it. For a scrub, it is really moisturizing (I guess that's what the "oatmeal 'n honey" part is for, huh?). I use this several times a week in the shower, although with my oily skin, I could probably use it daily. Cons: Has a lot of chemicals in it & the cap tends to collect water. Overall, it's a great exfoliator, there's a ton of product, and the price can't be beat. Definitely will re-buy.

on 6/13/2009 1:41:00 PM

OK, I have not tried this yet on my face. I was going to use it but I thought from the product's texture it might be a little rough on my sensitive skin. Since I had some in my hand, I scrubbed my legs with it and left it on 5 minutes before showering it off. I shaved my legs in the shower and I must say, my legs looked and felt as silky as can be. It will take me awhile to use this up in the shower, and I'm not sure yet if I would repurchase. But for $3, you can hardly go wrong.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to look for a facial scrub that could replace the St Ives I normally use, and checked MUA to find this little bugger.

It was a little hard to find, but Ulta was the only place that had it. It was very cheap, about $2.29. The first time I used it in the shower, the scrub had a nice honey smell, really relaxed me. Unlike St Ives, the scrub was much more gentler with it's smaller scrub grains. It really helped get rid of the dead skin leftover from my acne drying up.

Now I wouldn't recommend you use this everyday on your face, especially if you have sensitive skin, which I don't have. However, as an alternative this does make a very good body scrub and with it's cheap price you can't go wrong.

on 6/4/2009 1:36:00 PM

Hmmm - kind of on the fence about this. Yes, its cheap, its "fragrance" is very mild (as in barely noticable) and I like the tube it comes in, but this scrub was too strong for my face (and I mean only the scrubbies - the rest of the product I like as it is nicely moisturizing). So, instead of using it on my face, I use it on my upper arms to keep the KP away as well as on the back of my thighs (same reason) - has definitely helped my upper arms; the back of my thighs are being a bit more stubborn. :( I have been using it this way for 2 weeks 4-5x/week.

I said I wouldn't repurchase because I'm not sure whether I would or not. If my upper arms continue to be this smooth, then I might just for that reason since its so cheap.

If your face is not very sensitive then I would highly recommend this product; I'm just sad I can't use it on my face.

on 5/13/2009 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

You def can't use this product everyday. It's a little too abrasive on my skin. The smell is nice and it's super cheap. I'll prob just use it on my body since I don't think I'll use this on my face again

on 5/8/2009 10:32:00 AM

i bought this when my st ives apricot scrub got to be a little too harsh on my skin. i liked it well enough, it smells nice and does its job, but it seems to dissolve in water? like i'd wet my face, put the scrub on, and it would scrub for a couple seconds but then dissolve. the same thing happened when i used it on my body.

it's a good exfoliant, but the dissolving factor makes you have to use sort of a lot because you have to keep replenishing the scrubbies.