April 25, 2014 | 1116 users online

Scrubs - Queen Helene - Oatmeal N' Honey Natural Facial Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2009 6:00:00 PM More reviews by fashionisfate

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this! I pretty much use it daily after my acne wash. Many people here say it was very irritating for their skin, but not for me. I think I must have pretty tough skin ;P
I use this on my face, chest and shoulders/back. It smells really good too, I almost want to eat it sometimes, haha.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2009 6:12:00 PM More reviews by porcupines

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this scrub at Ulta for ~$3.00 a few months ago, and I love it. For a scrub, it is really moisturizing (I guess that's what the "oatmeal 'n honey" part is for, huh?). I use this several times a week in the shower, although with my oily skin, I could probably use it daily. Cons: Has a lot of chemicals in it & the cap tends to collect water. Overall, it's a great exfoliator, there's a ton of product, and the price can't be beat. Definitely will re-buy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2009 1:41:00 PM More reviews by pmbechtle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

OK, I have not tried this yet on my face. I was going to use it but I thought from the product's texture it might be a little rough on my sensitive skin. Since I had some in my hand, I scrubbed my legs with it and left it on 5 minutes before showering it off. I shaved my legs in the shower and I must say, my legs looked and felt as silky as can be. It will take me awhile to use this up in the shower, and I'm not sure yet if I would repurchase. But for $3, you can hardly go wrong.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2009 1:22:00 AM More reviews by Arisainwonderland

I wanted to look for a facial scrub that could replace the St Ives I normally use, and checked MUA to find this little bugger.

It was a little hard to find, but Ulta was the only place that had it. It was very cheap, about $2.29. The first time I used it in the shower, the scrub had a nice honey smell, really relaxed me. Unlike St Ives, the scrub was much more gentler with it's smaller scrub grains. It really helped get rid of the dead skin leftover from my acne drying up.

Now I wouldn't recommend you use this everyday on your face, especially if you have sensitive skin, which I don't have. However, as an alternative this does make a very good body scrub and with it's cheap price you can't go wrong.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2009 1:36:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

Hmmm - kind of on the fence about this. Yes, its cheap, its "fragrance" is very mild (as in barely noticable) and I like the tube it comes in, but this scrub was too strong for my face (and I mean only the scrubbies - the rest of the product I like as it is nicely moisturizing). So, instead of using it on my face, I use it on my upper arms to keep the KP away as well as on the back of my thighs (same reason) - has definitely helped my upper arms; the back of my thighs are being a bit more stubborn. :( I have been using it this way for 2 weeks 4-5x/week.

I said I wouldn't repurchase because I'm not sure whether I would or not. If my upper arms continue to be this smooth, then I might just for that reason since its so cheap.

If your face is not very sensitive then I would highly recommend this product; I'm just sad I can't use it on my face.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2009 4:34:00 PM More reviews by hammevo

You def can't use this product everyday. It's a little too abrasive on my skin. The smell is nice and it's super cheap. I'll prob just use it on my body since I don't think I'll use this on my face again

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2009 10:32:00 AM More reviews by flowersfade

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i bought this when my st ives apricot scrub got to be a little too harsh on my skin. i liked it well enough, it smells nice and does its job, but it seems to dissolve in water? like i'd wet my face, put the scrub on, and it would scrub for a couple seconds but then dissolve. the same thing happened when i used it on my body.

it's a good exfoliant, but the dissolving factor makes you have to use sort of a lot because you have to keep replenishing the scrubbies.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2009 7:44:00 AM More reviews by Jazz78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this along with the mint mask. I did find the scrub a little harsh for my skin. My skin is very sensitive so there was a slight irritation left by it. Did notice a slight brightening affect nothing too major though. Not sure if i would re-buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2009 12:25:00 AM More reviews by happypiano

I have combination skin with occasional breakouts, but this scrub is the bomb. It smells wonderful! Although it says that you can also use it in the shower, I wouldn't recommend it, because water could collect inside the cap, causing it to smell kind of funky.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2009 5:31:00 AM More reviews by boo_hiss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Yikes, this is sooo scratchy!! It's along the lines of St. Ives Apricot scrub. Feels like sandpaper on my face. I might try to use it up as a body scrub but this will never touch my face again.